Injured at 4 week mark of cycle

bsypher

Awards
Hello,

I had started a cycle ( 3rd) on the 1st of November of Test 500mg/week with a kickstart of leftover Beastdrol @ 30mg day for 3 weeks.
About a week ago I shattered my ankle and have an external fixator for two weeks then a cast with pins, plates and screws for another 60 days.

I figure I have two options. 1 is to take a few weeks off until I get my cast and am somewhat mobile and continue to workout what I can for the remainder of my 12 week cycle. I will have to cut out any leg or standing exercises of course. Let me know if anyone has had any success doing something similar.

Second option is go into PCT right now and cut my losses. I am thinking that I will wait until my HCG comes in the mail within 2-3 weeks and begin PCT then. I have 90 days from now without being able to place weight on my right foot.

Any guidance?

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I would save the gear and start over when your ankle is healed up myself.....you could do just upper body I suppose if you don't mind the jersey shore look, LOL.

But that is always one of my biggest worries...getting hurt partway thru a cycle and having to quit it.....good luck!!

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
most would say you don't need the HCG with only 500/wk of test. if I were you, I'd stop, get on minimal PCT to save money(libido doesn't matter much if you're all f'd up anyways, and you'd have a valid excuse not to want to do anything), and restart when you're all healed up.

unless you already got monster truck tires on your frame, then by all means, stay on and work the sh!t outta your upper body. The gear should prevent your legs from any muscular atrophy.

bsypher

Awards
Thanks for the input- Any further input on the test and reduction of muscular atrophy? I will be non-weight bearing for 90 days so my legs will shrink significantly I think.I am thinking I should just be safer and clean for the injury duration and then continue to fight another day.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
You should be on HCG during cycle, especially with 500mgs of test per week...You will get very little muscle atrophy in just a few weeks. Taking test will help the "wasting" but you won't be down long enough for it to be a concern.

Look, if you're going to lift through your injury with or without regard to your cycle, I'd say stay on it and enjoy the gains. You can always start a new cycle later on. You may find that just focusing on your upper body will force you to do exercises that you would not normally do and you may get some great gains out of it. That's been my experience working through injuries. I never stop, just adjust and push on. But get on HCG fast and don't wait for PCT.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Depending on what equipment you have access to you still may be able to do leg curls and extensions depending on where the lower bar/pads is resting near your ankle, so not all hope would be lost on the lower half