new to chemicals trying to learn more

Affliction2u

Awards
honestly is there much difference between test e and finaflex's 1-andro???

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
honestly is there much difference between test e and finaflex's 1-andro???
test e is testosterone while 1 andro (1-test) very different...first off all test is king, no arguing that. If you look at the molecular structure test has a double bond at the 4 position while 1 andro, well you guessed it has it at the 1 position

test
TestosteroneStructure.jpg

1 andro
1_androstene.gif

the double bond is the little dash inside the first hexagon. the 1 position starts at the top of hexagon and goes to 4th position counter clockwise to 4th position at bottom of the 1st hexagon.

the double at the 1 i believe helps it resist liver breakdown

TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
The enone is key to binding to the androgen receptor. This is why it's not a "pro" hormone.

Orally active steroids are alkylated at the 17 position to inhibit liver breakdown (ring D)

The "pro" hormone shown needs to be metabolized first, that Alcohol attached to C-3 needs to be oxidized, in order to be relatively active.

the E in Test E has to do with the ester that's attached, a heptanoic acid that has an ester bond to the D ring alcohol on the testosterone molecule. This makes the testosterone "fatty" and therefore accumulates in the tissue and is released over a longer time period.

Affliction2u

Awards
wow i definately didnt realize how different the two compounds really were, thanks for the info guys

Affliction2u

Awards
so i have one more question, is there a way to reduce the attached alcohol without completely changing the supplement itself? say for instance, could you take something else to make it more active.

TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
Not a chance. It takes a very strong oxidizing agent to attack that alcohol. And even so, you'd have side reactions that would result in a Dione as well. It would take legitimate chemistry in (relatively) low yields and a large pain in the ass. Don't try it at home :)

rebelhead

rebelhead

Banned
Awards
test e is testosterone while 1 andro (1-test) very different...first off all test is king, no arguing that. If you look at the molecular structure test has a double bond at the 4 position while 1 andro, well you guessed it has it at the 1 position

test
View attachment 45820

1 andro
View attachment 45819

the double bond is the little dash inside the first hexagon. the 1 position starts at the top of hexagon and goes to 4th position counter clockwise to 4th position at bottom of the 1st hexagon.

the double at the 1 i believe helps it resist liver breakdown
the compound shown above is not 1-andro. it is 1-ad.
1-andro is 1-DHEA
images.jpeg

3-hydroxy-5 alpha-androst- 1-en-17-one
it will require a 2 step conversion to the active 1-testosterone

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
the compound shown above is not 1-andro. it is 1-ad.
1-andro is 1-DHEA
View attachment 45847
3-hydroxy-5 alpha-androst- 1-en-17-one
it will require a 2 step conversion to the active 1-testosterone
Good luck with that in your garage in any appreciable yield :p. Unfortunately any strong oxidizing/reducing agents are notoriously promiscuous and the ones that aren't don't have the greatest yields. I'll leave the chemistry up to my body.:09: