Andro Mass/Andro Hard 8 Week Log

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
This will be my second cycle, and the first log i have ran on this forum.

Some background info:
5'7 167 pounds @ 10%
Bench: 315 x 5
Squat: 365 x 4
Deadlift: 505 x 1

Been lifting for 9 years now, very seriously for 4. Ran a cycle of protomax in the spring for my first cycle, pretty disappointing results until i got to 125 mg. My usual lifting scheme is geared toward hypertrophy with some heavy sets added in because i have a big ego. usually lift every other day to give my body adequate rest but may go 2 on 1 off once the products kick in if i feel like i am recovering fast enough.

Wanted to first start out by thanking primordial performance for this semi-sponsored log (i bought some product and they provided me with the rest)

This log will be starting on Saturday July 30.

Goals of the cycle will be to add lean mass, some strength and size while not adding fat. Shooting for 8-10 solid pounds over the 8 week period.

Layout:
3 am/3 ah in the morning/preworkout and 3 am/ah late afternoon
will run creatine throughout the cycle and pct

pct will be:
nolva 20/20/10/10/10
Pct Revolution: starting during week 3
DAA: starting 1 week before cycle ends and running through the 3rd week of pct.

Will make posts on each lifting day. Posts will include details about the workout, meals for the day and anything else of interest. I will post on off days if there is something useful to mention.

Will be posting before and after pictures as well. May post pics midway through the cycle too. Blood work will come post pct.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or criticisms.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with Rodja. That's a damn impressive Deadlift.... Looking to see some mean results!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have almost 50lb on the guy and he pulls 30lbs more than I do. I iz jealouz.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
I strained my ac joint last time i pulled that much so dont be too jealous lol I will be being somewhat cautious with the deads though. This should be a fine time though, cant wait to get it started

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me either bro, only a few more days
As a heads up, our Androhard ETA has been pushed back a few days... I'm hoping we got you a bottle though before, maybe a secret stash for loggers.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This will be starting soon :) August 5th Androhard is in stock!!

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
And once it arrives beast mode will officially be engaged

catty66

catty66

Awards
Some pretty impressive lifts there, for you're size.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today, I promise!!!

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
So the bottles arrived yesterday just in time for a workout! Thanks Primordial for hooking me up with expidited shipping.

Day 1:
Today was day 1 of andromass and androhard. 3 caps of each at 330 PM pre workout and then 3 of each at 9 PM with dinner. Initially I felt a mild burning in my throat for about 10 minutes then it went away.
This could be placebo, but about 30 minutes after taking both I felt this rush of energy, which is odd because I felt dead the whole morning before I took them. It was different than the normal pre-workout caffeine rush, it was much more focused and also happy. I also had a pulsing boner for like 30 minutes straight after taking the pills.
Today was the first day back in the gym after a week off so normally I would have expected a somewhat slow start. That was not the case. Had a phenomenal workout; tons of energy and vascularity and a lot more strength then I would have expected, actually set a PR which I would not have expected since normally I am a little slow during that first workout after a short lay off. Although I was strong and vascular, pumps were only about average, nothing too special there yet, its only the first day though.

Weight: 166.8
Warm up: 5 mins jogging + shoulder pre-habs

Workout:
Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 15's x 20, 30's x 15, 40's x 12, *55's x 8* *PR*
Decline Barbell Bench: 135 x 5, 225 x 3, 275 x 5, 295 x 5, 260 x 6, 225 x 10, 135 x 21
Slow Complete Pause Close Grip Bench: 135 x 7, 6, 7
Flat Dumbbell Bench: 70 x 8, 70 x 7, 50 x 12 (rest 5 seconds then 5 more reps), 50 x 12 (rest 5 seconds then 5 more reps)
Cable Flye super set with grip pushups: 40's x 15 + 8 pushups, 40's x 15 +
9 pushups, 40's x 17, + 7 pushups
Wide pushups: 11
Sphinx pushups: 5
Diamond pushups: 9
V Pushdowns: 105 x 15, 135 x 8, 105 x 15
2 dumbbell overhead tricep extension: 25's x 8, 10, 9
skullcrusher: 65 x 7, 8, 7
Pushup bounce burnout (do 1 pushup, return to the bottom portion of the rep and bounce slowly 10 times then push back up to the top portion of the rep, that is 1, repeat as many times as possible): 4

Calves/Abs burnout
Stretch 10 minutes

Overall thoughts: today is the first day so i want to tell myself that PR is placebo, but i honestly felt great in the gym today. Looking forward to this continuing.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Day 3:
Today is day 3 of the cycle and my second workout of the cycle. I have not felt the huge energy rush after taking the pills like I did the first day, but I am starting to feel very pumped and vascular throughout the day. I have also noticed I seem to be sleeping better, although I am not sure if this is related to the cycle.

Today's workout was solid. I did not have a ton of energy, yet I had excellent strength, set 1 PR. About midway through the workout I caught a second wind and felt huge the rest of the day. As I sit here typing this 6 hours post workout I still have so much of a pump in my biceps that if i flex my arm it gets so tight it almost hurts (in a good way). One thing to note about my workouts is that they are quite different than most. I do quite a bit of volume and i do some very heavy moves and some hypertorphy moves. I also incorporate time under tension sets where the entire point of the lift is to get a rediculous pump and increase muscle hypertrophy, on these sets I will use lighter weight and go much slower through the rep range, often pausing at the top and bottom of the rep ranges and flexing the muscles I am working.

Weight: 167.8 (+1.00)
Warm up: rear delt and shoulder pre-habs

Lower back extension: 12 reps, 15 reps
Pull ups (unweighted): 15, 11, 8, 8
Deadlifts: 135 x 12 rest 5 seconds then 6 more reps, 135 x 12 rest 5 seconds then 7 more reps, 225 x 6, 315 x 6
Plate pinch dead lifts (grip the plates with a super wide grip instead of the bar): PR *95 x 5*
Kroc Rows: 135 x 8, 135 x 9, 95 x 12
Inverted Rows: 13 reps, 11 reps, 10 reps
Reverse grip rows: 135 x 10, 11, 9
Dumbbell middle back rows lying on incilne bench superset with reverse flyes: 40's/10's x 8/10, 7/8, 9/11
1 arm db row: 60's x 7, 8
seated cable row: 225 x 8, 7
reverse grip pulldown superset with straight arm pulldown: 120/45 x 8/9, 9/10
1 arm pulldowns: 105 x 8, *120 x 9* PR
hammer curls: 20's x 12, 12
wide grip barbell curls: 45 x 12, 10
incline dumbell curls: 20's x 9, 10
reverse grip barbell curl: 45 x 10, 8
narrow to wide half curls: 45 x 14 + 7
wrist curls: 45 x 21
reverse wrist curls: 45 x 22
dumbbell twist wrist curls: 30's x 25

calves/abs
20 mins interval incline cardio

Today's macro's: 355 carbs, 315 protein, 70 fat = 3310 cals (300 above maintenance with cardio)

bigbob21

bigbob21

Awards
Wow 3300 slightly above? Wish mine was that high...mines close to 2000 and my stats are virtually the same, except 1" taller
Goodluck on AM! Strength gets nice after about a week+

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Wow 3300 slightly above? Wish mine was that high...mines close to 2000 and my stats are virtually the same, except 1" taller
Goodluck on AM! Strength gets nice after about a week+
bear in mind i burn 400-500 cals while working out and another 300 during the interval cardio so maintenace on an off day would be 2450

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn Darsh, thats nearly a 1000k a workout. How many times do you workout like that a week?

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
3 at most, and its def not every week, i push it over the top some weeks when i really feel great and just want to give my muscles a blast and other weeks ill keep it much more condensed

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bear in mind i burn 400-500 cals while working out and another 300 during the interval cardio so maintenace on an off day would be 2450
That session burned off way more than 400-500 kcals.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
That session burned off way more than 400-500 kcals.
you are correct, when i was referrring to the 400-500 cals i meant my normal average workout would burn that much, the workout that day was probably closer to 800-1000 cals. If I have longer workouts I bring 30-50 carbs and about 20 grams of protein in a shake and drink it intra workout and ill usually add a snack or 2 in at some point in the day when i feel hungry so overall macro's balance out

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are correct, when i was referrring to the 400-500 cals i meant my normal average workout would burn that much, the workout that day was probably closer to 800-1000 cals. If I have longer workouts I bring 30-50 carbs and about 20 grams of protein in a shake and drink it intra workout and ill usually add a snack or 2 in at some point in the day when i feel hungry so overall macro's balance out
Ah, gotcha.

Sklander

Sklander

Awards
  • Established
I lift the same way. Some weeks its 6 days out of 7 at 90% for 1.5hrs a time. Other weeks its day on day off... just depends on how the ligaments, tendons, joints, etc are feeling. I can totally related. Sometimes you just KILL IT in the gym.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
I lift the same way. Some weeks its 6 days out of 7 at 90% for 1.5hrs a time. Other weeks its day on day off... just depends on how the ligaments, tendons, joints, etc are feeling. I can totally related. Sometimes you just KILL IT in the gym.
I hear ya man, it doesnt happen often that you just feel just absolutely phenomenal but when you do why not take full advantage of it ya know

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya man, it doesnt happen often that you just feel just absolutely phenomenal but when you do why not take full advantage of it ya know
I take advantage of this often as the older I get the less I feel phenomenal

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've found that assistance lifts don't effect my CNS, so I never deload them. The big lift, though, is always subject to change.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All this talk reminds me of Randy Couture. I definatly feel my threshold for over doin it has dimished more than id like to admit.

Btw just reminding everyone that our buy one get one free sale on the Androseries is still goin on.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All this talk reminds me of Randy Couture. I definatly feel my threshold for over doin it has dimished more than id like to admit.

Btw just reminding everyone that our buy one get one free sale on the Androseries is still goin on.
Couture has a little "assistance."

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
I take it Ufc doesn't test for hgh?!

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Day 5:
Today was the 5th day of my cycle and I must say that I indeed felt it kick in today. Slept like a rock last night and woke up really groggy but with an enormous appetite. Took the AM’s with breakfast and had a slight burning feeling for a few minutes after and then showered and headed to the gym. It was on the way to the gym that I noticed I had this huge pump going like I had already worked out, at this point I knew I was feeling it and it was no longer placebo.
Tore shoulders and traps up at the gym today. Had a sick pump and the weights just felt easy, was also more vascular than ive ever been before in my life, saw alotta new veins in my middle delts that ive never seen before. Had one of the other trainers I work with ask what id been taking the past few days so obviously people are noticing. Overall I had a lot of energy and focus and felt really aggressive, almost pissed off but in a good way.
One thing to keep in mind with shoulder day is that I will not go too heavy on the weights. I have been through one shoulder surgery and do not wish to go through another. Shoulders I focus 100% on form, time under tension and the pump, weight is of no concern to me here so keep that in mind if the weights look light compared to other days.

Weight: N/A
Warmup: shoulder pre-habs

Hang cleans: 135 x 6, 155 x 5, 5, 6
Behind the back barbell shrugs: 135 x 15, 225 x 12, *PR 275 x 8, 8* (felt like nothing, veins coming out of traps, sick pump)
Upright rows: 95 x 12, 11, 10
Db side raise: 10 x 15, 15 x 13
Db rear delt raise: 10 x 13, 15 x 10
Face pulls: 90 x 8, 75 x 11
Incline db flye: 15 x 15, 20 x 15
Low incline db: 40 x 15, 12
Front delt raise superset with Goldberg style plate raise: 15/25 x 10/8
Arnolds db shoulder press: 20 x 9, 8
High to low reverse cable flye: 30 x 11, 12, 13
Scapular pushups on hands: 12
Scapular pushups with grips: 10
Incline scapular pushups on hands: 8
Incline scapular pushups with grips: 8
Incline regular pushups: 12
Incline pushups with grips: 13

Calves/abs
30 minutes yard work
Todays macros: 270 carbs, 317 protein, 84 fat = 3100 cals (350 over maintenance)

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update! Day 5 kick-in sounds about right

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just something I've picked up from dealing with constant shoulder injuries: focus more on the rear delt/mid trap are. A quick way to tell is there is an imbalance is to stand relaxed and hold a flashlight in each hand. Turn off the lights and turn on the flashlights, If the lights cross within 6 feet, then you have a severe imbalance of the muscles and some internal rotation of the humerus.

The easiest thing to do to eliminate them is to reduce/eliminate all direct front delt work (e.g. front raises). Shoulders are a small muscle group and don't require the volume of the back.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Yeah i do try to do more rear and mid delt work than direct front delt stuff. I will try reducing volume for shoulders and take away even more front delt movements since i hit them pretty hard on chest day

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i do try to do more rear and mid delt work than direct front delt stuff. I will try reducing volume for shoulders and take away even more front delt movements since i hit them pretty hard on chest day
Sounds like a good move bro, hope it works out for you. This may sound odd but the way you sleep might effect how your shoulders feel as well.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Sounds like a good move bro, hope it works out for you. This may sound odd but the way you sleep might effect how your shoulders feel as well.
please elaborate. I usualy sleep on either my stomach with my head turned to the left and arms underneath my pillow, or just flat on my back with arms by the side. If i happen to roll onto my side my which almost never happens i wake up with really stiff shoulders

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
please elaborate. I usualy sleep on either my stomach with my head turned to the left and arms underneath my pillow, or just flat on my back with arms by the side. If i happen to roll onto my side my which almost never happens i wake up with really stiff shoulders
I sleep on my right shoulder a lot and I end up having a lot of tightness in the bicep tendon. Unfortunately, it's the only way I can get my back comfortable, so it's a catch 22 for me.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Day 7:
Felt pretty sluggish all day today. Got about 4 hours of sleep the night before so im sure this contributed. Also had to work outside for a few hours before hitting the gym so needless to say the workout was not quite as good as I would have liked. That being said it was not a bad workout, I had a good drive and focus, I was just tired. Hit legs very hard. Did not go heavy at all because I was tired but instead decided to make it a super slow rep day. My logic was this wouldn’t be quite as bad but actually it was even tougher. It did lead to a massive leg pump though and I actually say veins in my quads and calves for the first time ever so that was pretty sick.
Weight: N/A
Warmup: jog 10 minutes

Smith Machine Hack squats: 135 x 12, 185 x 8, 225 x 6
Power Cleans: 135 x 5, 155 x 5, 155 x 5, 175 x 5
Super slow squats: 135 x 12, 225 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 8
kettle bell front squats super set with leg press: 45’s/180 x 12/12 x 3 sets
Wide stance straight leg dead lifts: 135 x 8, 8, 8
Overhead squats: 95 x 12, *13* PR (no idea how I hit a pr on this day, these just felt good)
Leg curl: 95 x 20
Leg extension: 90 x 20
Calves: 5 minute endless set
Abs
Wake boarded for about 15-20 minutes

Todays macros: 300 carbs, 310 protein, 80 fat (3100 cals, 300 over maintenance after cardio)

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It did lead to a massive leg pump though and I actually say veins in my quads and calves for the first time ever so that was pretty sick.
Nice!

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
yeah man, vascularity and pumps has been off the charts since day 5. Like even just sitting or laying down I have mad pumps going. I can pick up a spoon when im eating oatmeal and get a bicep pump, no joke

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah man, vascularity and pumps has been off the charts since day 5. Like even just sitting or laying down I have mad pumps going. I can pick up a spoon when im eating oatmeal and get a bicep pump, no joke
Damn that is intense!