realistic gains off 6 week H-Drol cycle

twistid

Awards
24 Y/O Male , ~163 lbs , maybe 13% bf

50/75/75/75/75/75

(pct is in check, supress-c,inhibit-e,pct assist)
Eating everything in site while trying to avoid fatty foods as much as possible. Looking to gain as much as possible but not get fat at the same time :)

I figured h-drol would be the best since its usually for re-comping and cutting, so I could eat my hearts content trying to gain as much as possible and not have to worry to much about adding the bf%.

Just as an example I can eat an entire frozen pizza in one sitting and not gain anything. I can eat as much as I want for a week, and go for a 5 mile run on Friday and end up even.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How you gain is going to be largely dictated by your diet.

It sounds like you need to work on the foods you eat and how much you eat before you jump into this cycle. Certain fats are not a bad thing...most of the fats from a frozen pizza are though :D

twistid

Awards
How you gain is going to be largely dictated by your diet.

It sounds like you need to work on the foods you eat and how much you eat before you jump into this cycle. Certain fats are not a bad thing...most of the fats from a frozen pizza are though :D
Oh for sure, my diet is in check... This was just an example. I eat small meals throughout the day , I wake up with two cups of oatmeal (10g protein, 300 cals) and a fruit, a few hours later I might have some sliced turkey (another 10g protein) ... then workout followed by protein shake... few hours later a large salad , granola bar, and chicken breast, few hours later another chicken breast. This is an example of a weekday diet that I plan to keep throughout the cycle.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many calories do you normally eat per day for maintenance?

What are your goals for this cycle? It sounds like you want to lean bulk, no?

I would just slowly ramp up my total cals if this were the case for me.

ntornado

Awards
If you like going on 5 mile runs you should probably stop if you want to gain weight.

Use short sprints to stay in shape instead.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh for sure, my diet is in check... This was just an example. I eat small meals throughout the day , I wake up with two cups of oatmeal (10g protein, 300 cals) and a fruit, a few hours later I might have some sliced turkey (another 10g protein) ... then workout followed by protein shake... few hours later a large salad , granola bar, and chicken breast, few hours later another chicken breast. This is an example of a weekday diet that I plan to keep throughout the cycle.
I'm sorry but that is not a diet in check. minimal protein to start the day with lots of carbs isn't too terrible but more protein would be beneficial, and 300 calories taken in to get 10g of protein (not counting the fruit) isn't great. Sliced turkey is terrible as a protein source. By my math halfway through your day you've had 20g of protein from solid foods, with 10g being from a crappy source. Most granola bars are marginally better than having a snickers as well. I don't see any healthy fats, and I don't see red meat, eggs or dairy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To answer your question though, somewhere between -5 and 10 lbs is your most likely range.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agree with above post's from easy. you are eating a solid maintenence diet. but you aren't eating to really build muscle.

protein intake def needs to be higher. kcals dont look to be that high either.

with what I know already, I could see you putting on 5lbs from this diet. maybe 10, but 5 will drop off in pct most likely.

what ever weight you want to be at, you have to eat maintenance calories for a person of that weight, or higher.

want to be 175, you're going to have to eat like a person who weighs 175.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 13% bf, he might not even see much of a change on the scale due to losing fat while gaining LBM.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course, this will also depend on diet.

He's 5'10" at 163. There's a lot of potential to be met through a six week cycle.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
24 Y/O Male , ~163 lbs , maybe 13% bf

50/75/75/75/75/75

(pct is in check, supress-c,inhibit-e,pct assist)
I've been considering hdrol as a first time ph... is this an efficient pct? No need for a SERM for a solo hdrol cycle?

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I've been considering hdrol as a first time ph... is this an efficient pct? No need for a SERM for a solo hdrol cycle?
He should have a SERM on hand even if he doesnt plan on using it (but I think you should always use one if you have access).