Do I need an anti-progestin?

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
As I stated in the m-dien thread, I tooke m-dien for 2 days at 4mg/day. After the 2nd day I stopped due to sore nipples. I started 6-oxo at 600mg for the last day or so. The soreness has gotten a bit better but I'm in freak out mode again.

I've read that nolva won't help progestin related problems and that something else might be needed. Any help would be appreciated. I would esp. like to hear from Bobo.

HUGE

Awards
  • Established
On my last cycle the Nolva stopped my sore nips when taking MD, or maybe it just went away. Whatever the case I am on MD now with no Nolva and no sore nips - so go figure. In any event Bobo will know the deal.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Nolva or M5AA would work, either one would lower estrogen enough that there would be no progesterone cross activity. Obviously nolva is the better choice but not everyone can get it.

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks sledge. I just ordered some m5aa from you so that and some nolva should work. One question though, how fast does the body start to make breast tissue from the increased progestin? Is it 1 week, 2 weeks ect? I mean, from the time of sore nipples to gyno, what is the time line? Do sore nipples always turn into gyno? Just wondering.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Personally, I am not sure about the time of gyno.

I believe that I got a bit of residual nipple puffiness from back in the stupid androstenedione days, and I hope to knock it out along with any possible gyno I may get from my current cycle with nolva.

Either way, I'll be sure to post results.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
No sore nipples doesnt always lead to gyno, its just the first sign so if you can catch it early that is the best chance of prevention.

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
Sledge, first I want to thank you for all your help. Your company has been fantastic in handling my freak-out. One question though, what is "catching it early"? Is taking nolva within 1 week of onset of the sore nipples considered early? When can I expect the soreness to decrease?

I ask this partly to calm my frazzled nerves and partly for others who in the future might get similar problems from any PHs.