milk thistle?

Warhead_321

Awards
Should one use milk thistle when on a cycle of any prohormone to protect the liver? Ok for some ph's and not for others? Opinions?

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
It's fine to use it with anything, but liver protectants are especially important with methylated substances. I use it on all cycles.

Warhead_321

Awards
Thanks for the info bro...I'll pick some up tomorrow for my 1,4andro/4AD cycle im on. :)

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Consider also taking NAC--another supplement that should help liver recovery.

iamcdn

Awards
i think big pete fox was talking about using it before and after instead of while on. just take it year round and you should be safe

*edit due to an unneeded quote

bigjohn58

Awards
how much milk thistle and hawthorn berry should you be taking if you are taking say an M1t and 4ad combo?...just go by the bottle recomendations?

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
how much milk thistle and hawthorn berry should you be taking if you are taking say an M1t and 4ad combo?...just go by the bottle recomendations?
Yes. Try the minimum recommended dose for a few days. If you do not encounter any side effects, move up to the maximum recommended dose.

propho

Awards
  • Established
ya i've heard it's best to do before and after cycles.. as they reduce the effects the pH give you..

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
ya i've heard it's best to do before and after cycles.. as they reduce the effects the pH give you..
Actually, that is a theory unsupported by any scientific evidence I have read. (If anyone has scientific information to the contrary, I would appreciate it if they posted it.) The idea was based on an article written by Big Cat over at BB.com where he hypothesized that improving the liver's function by using milk thistle would therefore help the liver remove prohormones from the body. He just stated it without proof. From there, it has gone on to be an "urban legend" in the bodybuilding community. Note: I am not saying that it is not true, merely that there is no evidence supporting that claim. :)

propho

Awards
  • Established
ahh I wasn't aware of that.. I hate reading things and then later on thinking it to be true! =(