Male B.C. Implant

FTMGuy

Awards
7 alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone (MENT) as an antispermatogenic agent in men. MENT has been shown to be more potent than testosterone and to be resistant to 5 alpha-reduction.

What do you guys think about this stuff?

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha...I think I read the same article yesterday!

It got interesting about half way down, when they reporter started discussing Test Undeconate. Even though he didn't know what esterfication was, he truly reported the rapid shutdown of sperm production and the long half-life.

I wouldn't mind going on the male pill, if it means a prescription for pharmaceutical quality andorgens and no baby mistakes! Of corse, its going to be orals or implants....they talked a lot about transdermal implants as being a preferred delivery method.

Is MENT currently scheduled, then? I'm guessing yes, b/c its being researched by major drug companies.

FTMGuy

Awards
Yes. I read about it on pubmed. The studies I read where interesting.

ps24eva

Awards
I'm confused,
are you guys saying this stuff is anabolic?

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Probably only in doses that are much higher needed for male BC. Being a nor-test derivative, its probably harsh on the hpta.

FTMGuy

Awards
Here is some more info the the B.C.

The mean steady state MENT concentrations in the one, two, and four implant groups were 0.6, 1.4, and 2.3 nmol/L, respectively. Serum MENT concentrations during implant use were clearly dose dependent; the between-subject effect of implants as well as the differences between each pair of groups were all statistically significant. The release rate of MENT from one, two, and four implants was calculated to be approximately 0.3, 0.8, and 1.3 mg/day, respectively.

In the accessory sex organs (e.g. the prostate) testosterone is 5 alpha-reduced to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which, due to its higher affinity for androgen receptors (AR), amplifies the action of testosterone. In contrast, when 19-nortestosterone (NT) is 5 alpha-reduced, its affinity for AR decreases, resulting in a decrease in its androgenic potency. However, their anabolic potency remains unchanged since significant 5 alpha-reduction of the steroids does not occur in the muscle. 7 alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone (MENT) does not get 5 alpha-reduced due to steric hindrance from the 7 alpha-methyl group. Therefore, the androgenic potency of MENT is not amplified as happens with testosterone. These metabolic differences are responsible for the increased anabolic activity of NT and MENT compared to testosterone. Part of the biological effects of testosterone are mediated by its aromatization to estrogens. The fact that MENT is also aromatized to 7 alpha-methyl estradiol, a potent estrogen

PMID: 7626464 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]