What's up with Taurine?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So we all know Taurine does a great job of eliminating back/calf pumps as well as some minor/irregular pains (atleast it did for me). So what's really going on in the background? How do these pumps occur and how does taurine solve the problem?

h2bEK

Awards
Also would be intrested in this answer.

My thinking is that "Back Pumps" are more like muscle cramps than pumps hence taurine, potassium, and water help combat these symptoms.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Taurine has a cryptic role - nobody knows. Amino acid ain't used in protein, so whatever its important. How much are you dosing BTW?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Taurine has a cryptic role - nobody knows. Amino acid ain't used in protein, so whatever its important. How much are you dosing BTW?
4g per day. Too bad nobody knows!

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
about 2 years ago I had an occasional lifting partner who ironically happened to be an endocrinologist and an avid weightlifter...with that being said, his intelligence was nonetheless questionable

however...for what its worth, he explained to me that taurine had something to do with blocking sodium ion absorption in protein pump channels or something wild like that, which still doesn't necessarily make sense to me...so in essence, i think he was saying that these bad "pumps" we get, which are essentially blood trapped/rapidly flowing into the area/causing pain can be mollified with things such as taurine and potassium which interfere with sodium absorption at the protein pump site, which again....somehow prevents too much blood from enter the area :dunno:

whether or not this is remotely correct, this is what i've heard and felt i would share...my personal research has suggested that taurine aids in relaxing the muscle

some official clarification from a reputable source would be nice

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
about 2 years ago I had an occasional lifting partner who ironically happened to be an endocrinologist and an avid weightlifter...with that being said, his intelligence was nonetheless questionable

however...for what its worth, he explained to me that taurine had something to do with blocking sodium ion absorption in protein pump channels or something wild like that, which still doesn't necessarily make sense to me...so in essence, i think he was saying that these bad "pumps" we get, which are essentially blood trapped/rapidly flowing into the area/causing pain can be mollified with things such as taurine and potassium which interfere with sodium absorption at the protein pump site, which again....somehow prevents too much blood from enter the area :dunno:

whether or not this is remotely correct, this is what i've heard and felt i would share...my personal research has suggested that taurine aids in relaxing the muscle

some official clarification from a reputable source would be nice
Thanks for the contribution. I too would love one of the more knowledgeable members on this board to come out and say....."I know exactly what it does" and further my knowledge.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I heard that you have thes places in the back where the blood pressure rises to the point of ****ing with tissue, and taurine fixes that somehow. That's completely different from what the other guy said, so who really knows.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I think its nothing more than a cramp/tension in the muscle. I have had them in my back and calves, but recently have been experiencing wicked pumps in my rear delts.

I supplement with Taurine to mitigate it but I have no idea how it works.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Bump. I want a definitive answer damn it!

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Bump. I want a definitive answer damn it!
Taurine increases the effectiveness of cellular pumps, treats the state of hyper-excitability and protects the cell from calcium overload. Taurine may also be effective in a number of cases which were found to eliminate epilepsy cramps. The taurine cramp reliving action is intensified by vitamin E, amber and lime acids, B vitamin groups and zinc.

Taurine has a number of remarkable effects. It possesses a powerful anti-fatigue effect in people performing intensive mental and/or physical work. Athletes prefer it due to the fact that it protects muscles from damages and accelerates the period of rehabilitation after load. Taurine is especially powerful when dealing with cramps caused by high blood pressure and diabetes since it contributes to the normalization of arterial pressure and blood sugar level.

Hope this was what you were lookin for bro.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Taurine increases the effectiveness of cellular pumps, treats the state of hyper-excitability and protects the cell from calcium overload. Taurine may also be effective in a number of cases which were found to eliminate epilepsy cramps. The taurine cramp reliving action is intensified by vitamin E, amber and lime acids, B vitamin groups and zinc.

Taurine has a number of remarkable effects. It possesses a powerful anti-fatigue effect in people performing intensive mental and/or physical work. Athletes prefer it due to the fact that it protects muscles from damages and accelerates the period of rehabilitation after load. Taurine is especially powerful when dealing with cramps caused by high blood pressure and diabetes since it contributes to the normalization of arterial pressure and blood sugar level.

Hope this was what you were lookin for bro.
Thanks man that is definitely going in the right direction. So what is it about DS/AAS that causes those pumps to form in the first place? I never have a need for taurine any other time.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I believe steroids sometimes cause a decrease in calcium serum levels which could lead to muscle cramps. Mainly when steroid users (myself included lol) up their protein intake while on cycle, extra calcium is needed to prevent cramping.

Taurine comes into play by interacting with calcium by modulating and forming a taurine-calcium complex. So I think therefore Taurine helps to stabilize calcium uptake in the body which helps with cramp relief.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I believe steroids sometimes cause a decrease in calcium serum levels which could lead to muscle cramps. Mainly when steroid users (myself included lol) up their protein intake while on cycle, extra calcium is needed to prevent cramping.

Taurine comes into play by interacting with calcium by modulating and forming a taurine-calcium complex. So I think therefore Taurine helps to stabilize calcium uptake in the body which helps with cramp relief.
Awesome brother. Thanks!

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Awesome brother. Thanks!
NP man. The Taurine thing boggled me for a while. I used it with all of my cycles mostly bc everyone on here recommended it hah... But I did notice more of a relief from cramps when I uped by calcium intake and combined Taurine too

BLS

Awards
That's why a couple of red bulls and 10 grms bcaa is a good pre w/o drink