FORMESTANE-LV is Here!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.35%

Can someone clear this for me please? I read that Formestane is a suicide inhibitor which means it blunts the effect of estrogen permanently. Is this something desirable though? After all you need some estrogen in the body to function properly. I'm just wondering if repeated use of Formestane will cause long term side effects.

Thanks.

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The inhibition of aromatase is dose dependant, so you can still maintain a lower than normal level of E2 if you don't overdo the AI.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Some good info in here we've been compiling about effective dosing patterns:

PP'S FORMESTANE LV-BIGT'S ON THE FORM AGAIN

-John

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.24%

Quote Originally Posted by rugal09 View Post
    Can someone clear this for me please? I read that Formestane is a suicide inhibitor which means it blunts the effect of estrogen permanently. Is this something desirable though? After all you need some estrogen in the body to function properly. I'm just wondering if repeated use of Formestane will cause long term side effects.

Thanks.
    Type I/steroidal/suicide-type aromatase inhibitors bind irreversibly to the aromatase enzyme by acting as a false substrate for it (I think that's right-me mind is foggy). The formestane molecule looks a lot like androstenedione, which the aromatase enzyme would normally want to aromatize. The aromatase enzymes (plural) to which formestane binds are rendered permanently inactivated, hence suicide inhibition with resultant decreased aromatase activity and estrogen plasma levels. However, the body just produces more aromatase enzyme to make up for those kamikaze ones that committed suicide on a cycle of formestane. The body will always try to return to homeostasis. The principal effects of concern with longer duration use of AIs is decreased bone mineral density, negative effects on your lipid profile (HDL decreases for instance), etc.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much Formestane do I need to...
    By Broly in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM
  2. Formestane with TRT/HRT?
    By RoadBlocK in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 04:33 PM