FORMESTANE-LV is Here!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Trauma,
    Knowing that aromatase activity increases with age, some have proposed low dose aromatase inhibitors as almost a staple supplement for older flatulents (such as me). Imagine opening up that market. The youngest baby boomers are now 49 and looking for any help they can get in health and performance. Throw in a little nettle root product to competitively bind to SHBG and now we're talking livable levels of free test.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jpk View Post
    Trauma,
    Knowing that aromatase activity increases with age, some have proposed low dose aromatase inhibitors as almost a staple supplement for older flatulents (such as me). Imagine opening up that market. The youngest baby boomers are now 49 and looking for any help they can get in health and performance. Throw in a little nettle root product to competitively bind to SHBG and now we're talking livable levels of free test.
    Yeah, I agree.

Are you going to try it?

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

3. Is form as hard on the lipids as 6-bromo?

4. anything that prevents estrogen from forming is going to be hard on the lipids.

5. I will get some after I use up my current round of stuff.
    Wish I had come to the site and found out about this first though.
    "I don't want anything. I don't want anybody. That's the worst part. When the want goes, that's bad."
    (Doug Stanhope as Eddie on Louie)
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    anything that prevents estrogen from forming is going to be hard on the lipids.
    Dis is true. It's just a matter of shades of gray or severity. If you are on HRT and using a moderate dose of formestane, I would expect to see less of an impact than in typical users or with stronger AIs.

In post-menopausal women (lol), exemestane/Aromasin (closest relative to formestane but a more potent AI) caused about a 10% reduction in HDL I think in the clinical trials/studies. Not terrible, but combine it with steroids (esp. orals or stuff like tren) and you have a different story completely. Of course, post-menopausal means that their estrogen was already lower than pre-menopausal (no ovarian estrogen production); how that extrapolates to men using formestane who don't act like they are on the rag, I don't know.

Kind of off-topic, but I was reading over at Elitefitness and Nelson Montana said that he takes .5mg of Arimidex once a week to supplement his HRT (went too heavy on the steroids I guess, LOL). Of course, Arimidex has a half-life of 4-7 days. Many ppl take .5-1mg of arimidex per day while on a test cycle.

I think the idea put forth was to keep the dose of whatever AI (formestane, etc) as low as possible and as infrequent during the week as possible based on how well it is working (are you retaining much water, are you significantly bloated, etc) and titrate accordingly. If you go overkill on the formestane, you may just be wasting product and also damaging your lipids via estrogen suppression.

If you are gyno sensitive or have some pre-existing issues, than the lipid tradeoff for higher AI doses may be worth the risk.

7. I was reading somewhere a list of products that PP are coming out with. I saw epistane on this list. I can't find this list anywhere anymore. Can someone aid me in my quest for said list? Thanks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    I was reading somewhere a list of products that PP are coming out with. I saw epistane on this list. I can't find this list anywhere anymore. Can someone aid me in my quest for said list? Thanks.
    Epistane got canned b/c it apparently degrades to phera-plex while in storage, making it a legal liability (according to Eric, but he did change his mind about producing Epi LV for this reason).

The list pretty much stops at Feb 15th. March 1st was on there and listed some possibilites but nothing confirmed. Furuzadrol is a possibility that looks like might happen. Not sure if anything besides epistane (since removed from consideration), furaza, "others, depending on availability of raws" were listed as possible.

I don't think anybody knows for sure (aside from PP) what is coming out in the next "wave" on March 1st.

9. Quote Originally Posted by dumbhick3 View Post
    Epistane got canned b/c it apparently degrades to phera-plex while in storage, making it a legal liability (according to Eric, but he did change his mind about producing Epi LV for this reason).

The list pretty much stops at Feb 15th. March 1st was on there and listed some possibilites but nothing confirmed. Furuzadrol is a possibility that looks like might happen. Not sure if anything besides epistane (since removed from consideration), furaza, "others, depending on availability of raws" were listed as possible.

I don't think anybody knows for sure (aside from PP) what is coming out in the next "wave" on March 1st.
    Damn, I was very much looking forward to epi LV. Thanks for the info

10. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    pickin up some l.v turin on fri., now if only they bring in lv fura
    ha!...if you guys make lv fura...ill purchase your entire stock.

...seriously I xoxo fura.

Best,

A.

11. Can someone clear this for me please? I read that Formestane is a suicide inhibitor which means it blunts the effect of estrogen permanently. Is this something desirable though? After all you need some estrogen in the body to function properly. I'm just wondering if repeated use of Formestane will cause long term side effects.

Thanks.

12. The inhibition of aromatase is dose dependant, so you can still maintain a lower than normal level of E2 if you don't overdo the AI.

13. Some good info in here we've been compiling about effective dosing patterns:

PP'S FORMESTANE LV-BIGT'S ON THE FORM AGAIN

-John

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

14. Quote Originally Posted by rugal09 View Post
    Can someone clear this for me please? I read that Formestane is a suicide inhibitor which means it blunts the effect of estrogen permanently. Is this something desirable though? After all you need some estrogen in the body to function properly. I'm just wondering if repeated use of Formestane will cause long term side effects.

Thanks.
    Type I/steroidal/suicide-type aromatase inhibitors bind irreversibly to the aromatase enzyme by acting as a false substrate for it (I think that's right-me mind is foggy). The formestane molecule looks a lot like androstenedione, which the aromatase enzyme would normally want to aromatize. The aromatase enzymes (plural) to which formestane binds are rendered permanently inactivated, hence suicide inhibition with resultant decreased aromatase activity and estrogen plasma levels. However, the body just produces more aromatase enzyme to make up for those kamikaze ones that committed suicide on a cycle of formestane. The body will always try to return to homeostasis. The principal effects of concern with longer duration use of AIs is decreased bone mineral density, negative effects on your lipid profile (HDL decreases for instance), etc.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much Formestane do I need to...
    By Broly in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM
  2. Formestane with TRT/HRT?
    By RoadBlocK in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 04:33 PM