Blood Test Results/ Questions

Saintdog

Awards
I just received the results of my blood tests for testosterone levels. The test was done in the final week of an 8-week prohormone cycle. I have an appointment to formally go over the results with my doctor on Friday, but judging by the numbers on the printout I’m not doing very hot. My total testosterone is 0.2 ng/ml, where the normal range is 2.5 – 11.5 ng/ml. My free testosterone is 2.12 pg/ml, where the normal range is 9.0 – 47.0 pg/ml. Looks like I am pretty much bottomed out. This is after 7 weeks of running 1-androsterone at 210 mg/ED and 5a-androstano at 75 mg/ED.

My last blood test was in November 2008 and done during a period where I hadn’t done any prohormones in several months. My numbers back then were 225 ng/dl for total testosterone, where the normal range is 250 – 1,100 ng/dl. My free testosterone was 61 pg/ml, where the normal range is 35 – 155 pg/ml. I was still on the low end of normal back then, but that might just be because I am 35 and getting older.

My questions are this:

1) This is the first time I have ever had blood work done post-cycle. Is it normal for testosterone levels to drop this low after a prohormone cycle, or is this a unique situation and I have a problem?

2) My doctor wrote a note on my test results that he wants to get together to discuss “treatment options”, which most likely means testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Will starting TRT now interfere with my body’s natural healing process of normalizing natural testosterone after a cycle?

My normal PCT includes tamoxifin, a cortisol control supplement, and test boosters such as TestoPro. Another member of this forum hooked me up with a medical study done by the Program for Wellness Restoration that shows dramatic increases in test levels among males coming off of steroid use for extended periods of time. The prescribed therapy includes 2,500 IU of HCG taken every other day along with varying doses of Clomid and Tamoxifin. I was thinking about trying this.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Saintdog

Awards
Has anyone had blood work done where the numbers came back this low? Were you able to fully recover after PCT?

Saintdog

Awards
No, I'm just finishing up my final week now. PCT starts next week.

Saintdog

Awards
I'm actually scared to stop my prohormone cycle right now until I get a plan in place. I was supposed to stop today.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
why would you get your blood work done at the end of your cycle?
did you tell your dr. what you are on?
you should have waited to get your blood work done at the end of you pct. then you would know if you recovered or not.you need to tell your dr. what you took.tell him your going to run your pct and get rechecked and if everything is normal ask him to through out the bad test or it will be in your medical record for ever

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Why are you scared to stop your cycle?

The recent test results are normal since you are on a steroid cycle.

The numbers that are concerning are from Nov 2008. Those numbers are hypogonadal and should have been treated back then. And you especially shouldnt have ran a cycle with those levels.

Get on your PCT now. And IMO, you should wait until after PCT and have bloods done and re evaluate.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OMG. another example of why you should research before messing with your hormones. Yes its normal. PCT should bring the #'s back up. Run the tamox and I would not recommend doing anymore cycles.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Yea results are to be expected while you are still on, you get bloodwork after pct, not during cycle

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what you are worried about since these are on cycle. It's a steroid, it shuts you down (so your blood work is to be expected...), you use Proper PCT to rebound, then you get blood work done to see if you have recovered post PCT.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what you are worried about since these are on cycle. It's a steroid, it shuts you down (so your blood work is to be expected...), you use Proper PCT to rebound, then you get blood work done to see if you have recovered post PCT.
He shouldn't be worried about the recent results but he should be worried about his results from Nov. 08' and why he didn't address the issue then.

225 Total T is hypogonadal and needs to be treated. That was a while ago so more recent labs need to be ran. W/O steroids.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
He shouldn't be worried about the recent results but he should be worried about his results from Nov. 08' and why he didn't address the issue then.

225 Total T is hypogonadal and needs to be treated. That was a while ago so more recent labs need to be ran. W/O steroids.
I wasn't talking about those labs, but yes that is true. Perhaps he didn't use PCT and was still recovering from his prior cycle? Regardless op, get labs done about 2 wks after PCT and reevaluate

Saintdog

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys. I got freaked out by the numbers and though my levels were exceptionally low. From what your saying it sounds like it is not that unusual for the end of a cycle. I'll go ahead and run my PCT as planned and retest in another month or two. If I'm still around the same levels I was for the Nov. 2008 test I will talk to my doctor about the possibility I could be hypogonadal and could need TRT.