My DMSO is solid , what the hell is wrong?

neurotic3

Awards
hello,

I bought some DMSO in order to make an absortion enhanced transdermal formula but what was my surprise when I was ready to put it in the mix I just realized it was solid as a chunk of ice.
I don't know whether I should heat it or not, because I want to keep a lot of it for other cycles and I'm afraid I might shorten its shelf life by heating it. Besides, the container is plastic, so I don't know whether this would be a good idea.
However I need it to be liquid enough as to be able to put it in a syringe so I can measure the quantity I'm gonna add to the mix.

Please help!

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
hello,

I bought some DMSO in order to make an absortion enhanced transdermal formula but what was my surprise when I was ready to put it in the mix I just realized it was solid as a chunk of ice.
I don't know whether I should heat it or not, because I want to keep a lot of it for other cycles and I'm afraid I might shorten its shelf life by heating it. Besides, the container is plastic, so I don't know whether this would be a good idea.
However I need it to be liquid enough as to be able to put it in a syringe so I can measure the quantity I'm gonna add to the mix.

Please help!
You need to heat it up. Give it the hot water bath. Hot sink water for a few minutes should suffice, no need to boil it.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
happens alot in shipping too, in colder areas especially. As said, just heat it a little and you'll be fine.