Making Clen, Caps or injectable?

Sandman187

Awards
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting some clen powder and was wondering what you guys thought of making it an injectable or in a cap. I know it would be easier to measure as a liquid as far as accuracy but i know that stuff should be measured carfully. Any opinions are appreciated.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
caps.. don't think it is an injectable

z0rr0

Awards
Why not use somthing to suspend it? Wouldn't measuring out 40mcg or so per cap be a PITA? And...no, I don't beleive that injecting it is a great idea...

edit: I only ask because I have a gram sitting here, and to make a solution I would need 5 liters of liquid for a 200mcg/ml solution. (I think my math is correct...)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Make it a liquid solution for oral use only. You can use everclear or pg, peg400 or whatever I suggest just using everclear. Get yourslef a quality scale that reads 100th gram increments (.01) and you should be fine. Do the math right or you'll really pay for it. Later J :cool:

z0rr0

Awards
Jiminis can you check this for me? This is what I've done:

1mg = 1000000mcg
1L = 1000ml

so

1000000mcg/5000ml = 1000mcg/5ml = 200mcg/ml

Right? I don't want to brew this stuff up, test it out, and not sleep for a week. (Or die...) :gore:

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
1mg = 1000mcg not 1000000mcg

but the rest of your math is right as long as you have 1 gram of the stuff.

z0rr0

Awards
1mg = 1000mcg not 1000000mcg

but the rest of your math is right as long as you have 1 gram of the stuff.
Right, thanks. That was a typo, I meant 1000000mcg = 1gm. Thanks for catching that and looking over everything else over :).

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
MikeBu is correct. Your math is right so if you put 1g in 5000mL of say everclear you would have 200mcg/mL. Personally I make 2 bottles a time at 100mcg each but I also have a great scale. Saves you the trouble of having 5000mL of something ;)

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
dissolve one gram in 49ml of everclear by heating on stove. This will give you approx 20mg/ml. Take one ml of this and add to 199ml of propylene glycol. This will give you 100mcg/ml and is easier and more accurate then measuring out 10mg for a bottle ;)

Sandman187

Awards
thanks guys for the suggestions. much appreciated

buyb12

Awards
  • Established
you guys are sketchy messing with clen .....everclear...? wrong emulsafier it will work but try again

and please don't kill someone with your batch....CCCCClen is not easy to work with if you inhale it it will kill you just airborn

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Bro everclear works just fine. Yeah I've made it with PG as well as PEG400 but there's no need to waste it on clen, I save it for the harder powders to keep in solution like winny, ( which peg400 is a savior). Also clen is not hard to deal with unless you don't have a quality scale and you can't add and subtract. Yes you have to be careful and with the few HUNDRED bottles that I've made and distributed I would never make it without wearing a mask because as soon as the bag opens it's airborne. Don't think just because you have your shop and sell b12 and nolva, which I also make very easily, you can come in here and call me "sketchy." Bro I'm not newb and I was making these solutions before you came on this forum and announced lion nutrition to all of us. I remember your first few posts bro.

Anyway buyb12 people like your flavored chems and that's great and your word of caution is important but easy on who you call sketchy. People join this forum to learn about homebrewing (which is the main purpose of this site) We want to homebrew because the prices people charge are insane especially for clen which cost about 4 cents maybe to make a bottle at 200mcg/mL. That's the name of our game saving money and doing it ourselves. Have a good one, J

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Bro everclear works just fine. Yeah I've made it with PG as well as PEG400 but there's no need to waste it on clen, I save it for the harder powders to keep in solution like winny, ( which peg400 is a savior). Also clen is not hard to deal with unless you don't have a quality scale and you can't add and subtract. Yes you have to be careful and with the few HUNDRED bottles that I've made and distributed I would never make it without wearing a mask because as soon as the bag opens it's airborne. Don't think just because you have your shop and sell b12 and nolva, which I also make very easily, you can come in here and call me "sketchy." Bro I'm not newb and I was making these solutions before you came on this forum and announced lion nutrition to all of us. I remember your first few posts bro.

Anyway buyb12 people like your flavored chems and that's great and your word of caution is important but easy on who you call sketchy. People join this forum to learn about homebrewing (which is the main purpose of this site) We want to homebrew because the prices people charge are insane especially for clen which cost about 4 cents maybe to make a bottle at 200mcg/mL. That's the name of our game saving money and doing it ourselves. Have a good one, J
Chicka chicka bump bump bump :) It's ain't brain surgery, but wear a damn mask as i've fuked up inhaling it twice and didn't have a fun few hours :(

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
you guys are sketchy messing with clen .....everclear...? wrong emulsafier it will work but try again

and please don't kill someone with your batch....CCCCClen is not easy to work with if you inhale it it will kill you just airborn
What does it matter what emulsafier we use? Sorry i don't understand your post :confused:

z0rr0

Awards
dissolve one gram in 49ml of everclear by heating on stove. This will give you approx 20mg/ml. Take one ml of this and add to 199ml of propylene glycol. This will give you 100mcg/ml and is easier and more accurate then measuring out 10mg for a bottle ;)
Yeah, for some reason I didn't even think about making a higher concentration, and then just taking a bit of that and diluting it down. It's much smarter that way. It's kinda hard to store 5L of clen sloution :D.

Griffin

Board Supporter
Awards
Could someone tell me were I could order a good scale. I checked stores in my town but could only find one that goes down to 1g. Thanks

z0rr0

Awards
Could someone tell me were I could order a good scale. I checked stores in my town but could only find one that goes down to 1g. Thanks
When I was looking into ordering one I was looking on ebay. There are a few that are accurate to .01gm and .05gm. IIRC, they both went for <50$. Once you get more precise than a hundrith of a gram, I beleive you need an analytical balance, whice has doors as at that precision the surrounding air can skew readings...and those are expensive...