how to store powders

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Put em in the freezer. They are actually fine & a dark dry place, but should last longer in the freezer.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Get them in a vaccum sealed bag too if you can

ps24eva

Awards
I don't think mine is coming like that
from 1fast400.com

Is there a company in the yellow pages that will vacuum seal or something?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't think mine is coming like that
from 1fast400.com

Is there a company in the yellow pages that will vacuum seal or something?
Mike has a vaccuum sealing option but you must tell him you want the powders vaccuum sealed.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Go to Walmart and buy a vacume sealer for $40.

ps24eva

Awards
anything else?
please I've already blown all my money

Whats wrong with just leaving them in the closet as they came?

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I keep mine in a desicator jar with an absorbant to keep it nice and dry in there.

Skark

Awards
  • Established
Judging from today's Congressional news, I'll be storing mine under the cat litter :D

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
They way I did mine, was to keep the powders in the plastic screwtop jars that they came in, courtesy of 1fast, then place those in plastic bag with rice. I then suck as much air out of bag as possible(a straw works great) and seal. I then place that bag in a box(USPS box it came in) and seal and tape, then place that box in another plastic bag, suck as much air out, and seal that bag, then place in the freezer. I feel it works pretty good. Pat Arnold bagged on me a little for making it a little difficult to retrieve the powders.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
They way I did mine, was to keep the powders in the plastic screwtop jars that they came in, courtesy of 1fast, then place those in plastic bag with rice. I then suck as much air out of bag as possible(a straw works great) and seal...
This is an excellent method...I don't know if I'd go so far as the rest of the post though ;)

When prepared for storage in the manner above the shelf life will be extended for many years.

Good post Foxx!

Chemo

ps24eva

Awards
I keep mine in a desicator jar with an absorbant to keep it nice and dry in there.
I was thinking of doing something like this myself
where do I get absorbant and jar?

Also, for Chemo...

Patrick Arnold said that 4ad is highly unstable.

But wouldn't it just oxidize to test?

Especially with that conjugation there with the carbonyl group.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
You're right...it will just oxidize into test. However, most if not all of those reactions are catalyzed with water and the above method tends to keep the conditions just right for long term storage.

As for absorbant, just use dry rice.

Chemo

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn all this while I avoided the freezer because of possible moisture contamination but it didn't occur to me to ask the forum on how to deal with it.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
So, if I just wanted to turn some 4-AD into test, just add water? How long would this have to sit? How much would end up test? Then what, just filter it and dry?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
It's not as easy as adding water and letting it sit ;) When I speak of water I'm mainly referring to humidity in the air content and not direct water addition to the powder. Think of it like rust: under good conditions the reaction is dramatically slowed or even halted whereas rugged conditions degrades (rather, oxidizes) rapidly. Same here but under the most aggressive of conditions the time for significant degradation would be a rather long time.

Don't take my word for it though...ask PA directly what his estimation is on rate of oxidation for 4-AD. When he says "unstable" he must have done stand loss tests (testing of the same sample over a period of time to assess degradation while in storage) and has some figure to base the statement on.

Chemo

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
This was PA's response in a thread over at bb.com when asked about storing PH's.

1-test will last 10 years like this fine

4-AD is relatively unstable. it will maybe lose 10% potency every year or two like this. that is a rough guess

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I posted my reply over there as well and posed a few questions to him...maybe his data will help our cause.

Chemo