Post Cycle Blues

young

Awards
I am 1 week into my PCT after a 6 week cycle of transdermal fina and 4AD ( this is my first ever cycle) and I am taking clomid and nolva over 3 weeks. I read extensively on what to expect etc., but now that I am in it I could use some reassurance that I am doing everything I can to restore my HPTA as quickly as possible. I am experiencing the clomid emotions as warned (to say the least) and my libido has gone south; I can get it up but I can't, for the life of me, drive it on home, if you know what I mean. Is this normal after even a mild cycle, which I thought mine was? Am I correct in assumimg it may take a few weeks to get back to normal? I read all about it, however living thru it is a little tough, considering I have never had a libido problem, up to now. Sorry to sound like such a rookie, but I would greatly appreciate to hear anyone's voice of experience. Thanks.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fina is well known for shutting you down, it takes time to come back especaially without HCG. You could get some trib or Horny goat weed, to help you drive it home so to speak.

young

Awards
I have been taking trib, although I have never felt anything from it. Thanks for ther reply.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HCG is for use during a cycle, not after. Proviron is a AAS, it will only delay shut down.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking trib, although I have never felt anything from it. Thanks for ther reply.
I don't know what brand you are taking, but not all trib supplements are created equal. I am quite fond of Vitrix by Nutrex. It has the Highest potency of protodiocin(the active component in trib), vitex and longifolia jack. It works nicely for me. You could also use some supplemental L-Arginine. It won't increase drive, but It will increase blood flow witch will enhance sensitivity. Could be just what you need to drive it home. ;) Good luck.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Horny goat weed from prolab, has trib,maca, horny goat weed, and yohimbe, or male fuel from twinlab.

azgymrat

Awards
HCG is for use during a cycle, not after. Proviron is a AAS, it will only delay shut down.
Not sure about this. No expert on it but back in the mid to late 80's HCG was all any of us used for PCT. Nolva type products were just used to combat bitch tits. HCG always brought the boys back to life post cycle.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
New protocals for HCG use has started to get most to start using it during cycle especially long cycles.

CrazyNut

Awards
Fina Fina Fina Fina Fina Fina
As you have already figured it out, Fina is bad on hpta and shuts you down hard. Just keep doind clomid and nolva together, keeps cals high, lots of EFA's.
You may add ZINC, that really helps me !

Other than that, its a waiting game ...... hopefully your g/f or significant other understands !

young

Awards
Thanks for all the input. I am strongly considering telling my doc. about this and ask him about HCG, which I do know about.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why? This is what happens and you should of known this from day 1 before you ever considered taking Fina. Your Doc will NOT give you HCG until a series of test are carried out over months at a time. He might laugh at you though. Stick to Nolva and everything will eventually come back.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
I would totally aggree with Bobo here stick with nolva and wait it out. On an up note some strong trib products like tribex might help and ZMA at night might be of some assistance to you.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will take Swales word on it that HCG is for during cycle not after.

azgymrat

Awards
New protocals for HCG use has started to get most to start using it during cycle especially long cycles.
I get reasoning behind using it during your cycle, seems like maybe a weekly dose will help in preventing the severe shutdown in the first place. Does this mean that today's thought is not to use it post cycle too or use it during and after.

Why? This is what happens and you should of known this from day 1 before you ever considered taking Fina. Your Doc will NOT give you HCG until a series of test are carried out over months at a time. He might laugh at you though. Stick to Nolva and everything will eventually come back.
You are right that he should have known but his Doc's reaction could depend on their relationship. I went to my "family" doctor a few years back and she wrote a script on the spot, we had all gone to her for over ten years though.

Knight1811

Awards
I get reasoning behind using it during your cycle, seems like maybe a weekly dose will help in preventing the severe shutdown in the first place. Does this mean that today's thought is not to use it post cycle too or use it during and after.

You are right that he should have known but his Doc's reaction could depend on their relationship. I went to my "family" doctor a few years back and she wrote a script on the spot, we had all gone to her for over ten years though.
For what it's worth, HCG can be used during or after or both. If you read some of the vets, they recommend after/end of cycle....and if you read other vets you are told during. Authors such as L. REA (Chemicla Muscle Enhancement) or W. Llewellyn (Anabolics 2004) both recommend and outline HCG for AFTER/END of cycle. For what it's worth.

Knight1811

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Totally aggree here as well. For long cycles (12 weeks or greater....possibly even 10 weekers for some people) then HCG becomes a necessity or the recovery will likely be so long that the gains from the cycle will go as fast as they came.