Long Term Cycling

trackstud100m

Awards
  • Established
I posted this a while back ago:

East German cycle: very low doseages about 10mg per day.
4 weeks on
2 weeks off
6 weeks on
4 weeks off
4 weeks on
2 weeks off
4 weeks on
4 weeks off
6 weeks on

The East Germans approached the problem very differently. They developed a protocol based on the administration of 0.125 mg of Turinabol (an East German variant of Dianabol) per kilo of lean body mass. Their optimal dose was much smaller than the Russian dose and was implemented progressively over a number of years. In addition, they cycled the administration of the drug in order to preserve receptor affinity.The typical sprint protocol consisted of five blocks of administration annually. The first cycle started in November and ran for four weeks, followed by a two week break. The second cycle started in mid-December and ran for six weeks, followed by a four week indoor competition period in February. The third cycle started March 1st and ran for four weeks, followed by another two week break. The fourth cycle, also of four weeks, led into the first outdoor competition period which ran from mid-May to mid-June. The fifth and final cycle lasted six weeks and led to the main competition period of the year in August. If the main competition occurred at a different time, the entire season was adjusted accordingly.This system gave a total administration period of 24 weeks with the rest of the year off. The dosage

progressed throughout the year with the peak dose occurring during the final six-week block. As the doctors never determined an optimal time of day for steroids, they administered partial doses throughout the day to maintain an even level. This system maintained receptor affinity and, through a gradual increase in dosage, allowed top performances year after year.The maximum state-sanctioned dose recorded in the STASI files for a female sprinter was 1650 mg per year, an average of 9.8 mg/day during the administration period or, viewed another way, an average of 4.5 mg/day over the whole year. The maximum dose recorded for a male sprinter was 1850 mg/year, an average of 11 mg/day during the administration period, or an average of 5 mg/day over the whole year. While trivial by bodybuilding standards, it sure got the job done!

trackstud100m

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about trying something similar with a product like EPI:

4 wk on
4 off
6 on
6 off
4 on
2 off
4 on
4 off
4 on
5-6 months off

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Who were these Germans you are referring to and what about drug testing? What source?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
east german olympic athlete training from the 60's man. That's when Tbol was big.

trackstud100m

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D if you see this thread give me your thoughts..

Tagio

Awards
this is interesting info, unfortunately we have no way of knowing if these athletes libido/blood lipids etc. were harmed. i think it's great to think outside the bodybuilding box and look at other options with orals - stuff that will enhance your natural abilities even if it won't get you huge like pro bb's. i'd rather look like an elite track athlete or mid-weight olympic lifter anyhow personally.

trackstud100m

Awards
  • Established
I only posted half of the article some of the article does speak about the hormones levels etc while on long cycles.

Tagio

Awards
i think these would make more sense with pulsing if one wanted to avoid a real PCT and a few weeks of real shutdown. I say this because a few members on this forum tried 'mini-cycles' of low dose epi first thing in the morning and one of them was shutdown to having a test level in the 100's. now that is not complete shutdown by any means but it means at least a few weeks before you can perform at 100% again. whereas the feedback from pulse cycling is more positive with regards to shutdown/not needing a pct.

the other issue is the changing number of weeks. i feel that unless you have a competition schedule and need to peak in exactly 6 weeks, there's no particular reason to do 4 here, 6 there, 2 here, 2 there. it seems like there must be a 'sweet spot' in terms of time on/time off, say a 28 days on/28 days off. if you can do that with good results, why push it to 6 weeks on/6 weeks off? and why cut it short at 2 weeks?

i'm trying my first pulse cycle tomorrow, 10mg m-drol 3x/week for 4 weeks, and depending how it goes, i may repeat a 4on/4off cycle a few times before taking a nice long break, similar to what you posted. one such 'cycle' being only 12 10mg pills, it seems like sides should be extremely minimal. i will be logging this but not in an OCD fashion, just summarizing how it's working and noting gains in strength (i'm training using wendler's 5/3/1).

trackstud100m

Awards
  • Established
I did a 8 week pulse cycle this spring/summer and it took 4-5 weeks for it to kick in, is this normal? Your 4 weeks off do u see a decrease in strength and power numbers?

i think these would make more sense with pulsing if one wanted to avoid a real PCT and a few weeks of real shutdown. I say this because a few members on this forum tried 'mini-cycles' of low dose epi first thing in the morning and one of them was shutdown to having a test level in the 100's. now that is not complete shutdown by any means but it means at least a few weeks before you can perform at 100% again. whereas the feedback from pulse cycling is more positive with regards to shutdown/not needing a pct.

the other issue is the changing number of weeks. i feel that unless you have a competition schedule and need to peak in exactly 6 weeks, there's no particular reason to do 4 here, 6 there, 2 here, 2 there. it seems like there must be a 'sweet spot' in terms of time on/time off, say a 28 days on/28 days off. if you can do that with good results, why push it to 6 weeks on/6 weeks off? and why cut it short at 2 weeks?

i'm trying my first pulse cycle tomorrow, 10mg m-drol 3x/week for 4 weeks, and depending how it goes, i may repeat a 4on/4off cycle a few times before taking a nice long break, similar to what you posted. one such 'cycle' being only 12 10mg pills, it seems like sides should be extremely minimal. i will be logging this but not in an OCD fashion, just summarizing how it's working and noting gains in strength (i'm training using wendler's 5/3/1).

Tagio

Awards
i haven't pulsed yet man, only run straight cycles. pulse starts tomorrow.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
when i've pulsed it's with fast-acting compounds and you should be feeling the effects in the first week, might take until 2nd-3rd week to make real gains but it shouldn't take 5 weeks to kick in that's way too long.

trackstud100m

Awards
  • Established
when i've pulsed it's with fast-acting compounds and you should be feeling the effects in the first week, might take until 2nd-3rd week to make real gains but it shouldn't take 5 weeks to kick in that's way too long.
Kool, did you notice any decrease in strength when you came off?