Progesterone and Prolactin - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

Progesterone and Prolactin

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
  1. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by sethroberts View Post
    There is no evidence that progesterone causes gyno, even in the presence of estrogen. That is not to say that it is not possible. High prolactin levels will cause problems -- possibly even in the presence of "normal" levels of estrogen but unless you have a blood test showing elevated prolactin levels, I would assume estrogen first, prolactin last. At this point we have a ton of people blindly using caber and bromo (and even profilactively in some cases) with no evidence of prolactin elevation which has the possibility of seriously screwing up your pituitary.
    Say Joe blow has estrogen levels within the normal range, then introduces a progestin and starts seeing gyno symptoms within the first 2 weeks

Would you say the estrogen or progestin caused that gyno?

I say it’s silly to say it was either, since they are both cofactors.

Whether or not a progestin will initiate gyno in the total absence of estrogen I couldn’t say, but estrogen, progestin, prolactin, GH, and IGF-1 are all contributors to the growth of mammary tissue. Thus reducing any of them will reduce the chance of experiencing gyno symptoms... I think this is important to keep in mind.

-Eric

2. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Say Joe blow has estrogen levels within the normal range, then introduces a progestin and starts seeing gyno symptoms within the first 2 weeks

Would you say the estrogen or progestin caused that gyno?

I say it’s silly to say it was either, since they are both cofactors.

Whether or not a progestin will initiate gyno in the total absence of estrogen I couldn’t say, but estrogen, progestin, prolactin, GH, and IGF-1 are all contributors to the growth of mammary tissue. Thus reducing any of them will reduce the chance of experiencing gyno symptoms... I think this is important to keep in mind.

-Eric
    I was looking a board on your website and noticed that your not too fond of SERM usage? What would you propose to normalizing libido/test/estrogen?

As far as this thread goes I've come to a conclusion that controlling estrogen is key as well as prolactin. But I'm not trying to kill estrogen during PCT, as it is already killed during cycle for me. So I almost feel reluctant to use anything more than a low dose of AI tapering to EOD dosages during PCT. What do you think?

I also plan on using Clomid first few weeks then jumping on perhaps TRS afterwards, if I can come off my hip for that stack.
  3. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    I was looking a board on your website and noticed that your not too fond of SERM usage? What would you propose to normalizing libido/test/estrogen?

As far as this thread goes I've come to a conclusion that controlling estrogen is key as well as prolactin. But I'm not trying to kill estrogen during PCT, as it is already killed during cycle for me. So I almost feel reluctant to use anything more than a low dose of AI tapering to EOD dosages during PCT. What do you think?

I also plan on using Clomid first few weeks then jumping on perhaps TRS afterwards, if I can come off my hip for that stack.
    Yep, not a fan of SERMís. In my experience they high doses can lower libido and raise estrogen to the point where rebound problems can occur when you discontinue them. If you are going to use a SERM I suggest sticking with lower than traditional doses. (eg, 10mg/day nolva, 25mg/day clomid)

I donít advise using steroid AIís for PCT simply because they are steroid hormones that may interfere with the HPTA and natural T production.

Of course, I propose the TRS for PCT. It wonít cause estrogen to rise out of the normal range, nor will it overly suppress estrogen.

-Eric
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    If these steroids are causing gyno by releasing E2 through SHBG down-regulation or competitive binding then an AI wonít do anything to prevent gyno from the circulating E2. (or the low levels of antagonistic DHT) Therefore, Seth suggests a SERM to block the action of estrogen.

The theory makes sense, but I would still caution against the SERM administration and instead opt for prolactin control. (Being a potent co-factor in breast growth, perhaps keeping it in the sub-physiological range will partly cripple estrogens ability to induce mammary growth)

-Eric
    Eric, to test your theory regarding prolactin being the MAJOR player in gyno

why dont I take Pramipexole high dose and zap out PRL first

then i will take synthetic estradiol

will I develope gyno then?

I think Estrogen needs to be addressed first. it is clear estrogen makes boobies grow i mean look at some boobies carrying homosapiens, namely women, they have high ass E level not high PRL, co factor is a co factor, why not take out the source?

also SERM is, as the name states, selective, meaning its not a full on antagonist of ER, therefore it is partially agnoistic, your HPTA will be 'happy' to see some estrogen like activity happening somwehre (liver or whatever)...which wont freak out and ramp up estrone build up or aromatase build up. Using AI will however cause rebound in some cases, I personally think SERM is better for PCT and even during cycle (nolva).

unrelated, but how about use progesterone cream to lower ER LOL,,,you will be shutdown anyways during cycle, taper off progesterone while tapering off test, run low dose test for awhile then start PCT? no gyno during cycle due to lowered ER? this sounds bad but someone should try it ahhaha

Seth, you should start a thread explaining how progestins work with GR and cause joint pain relief or sore joints depending on structure (nandrolone and winny) and how cortisol, progesterone and glucocorticoid all can interact with same receptors of each...why do i get acne only from progestin based gear? and do they increase cortisol? and yet anti catabolic WTF?
  5. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by comacho View Post

I think Estrogen needs to be addressed first. it is clear estrogen makes boobies grow i mean look at some boobies carrying homosapiens, namely women, they have high ass E level not high PRL, co factor is a co factor, why not take out the source?

also SERM is, as the name states, selective, meaning its not a full on antagonist of ER, therefore it is partially agnoistic, your HPTA will be 'happy' to see some estrogen like activity happening somwehre (liver or whatever)...which wont freak out and ramp up estrone build up or aromatase build up. Using AI will however cause rebound in some cases, I personally think SERM is better for PCT and even during cycle (nolva).

unrelated, but how about use progesterone cream to lower ER LOL,,,you will be shutdown anyways during cycle, taper off progesterone while tapering off test, run low dose test for awhile then start PCT? no gyno during cycle due to lowered ER? this sounds bad but someone should try it ahhaha

Seth, you should start a thread explaining how progestins work with GR and cause joint pain relief or sore joints depending on structure (nandrolone and winny) and how cortisol, progesterone and glucocorticoid all can interact with same receptors of each...why do i get acne only from progestin based gear? and do they increase cortisol? and yet anti catabolic WTF?
    I actually found a rellay good paper on estrogen and the joints but my f--king computer crashed so I have to refind it. But the points you bring up are good ones that I will look into.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Ok seth bloods are back I remember my e2 levels but not all I will try and gt the rest up soon
  7. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    Ok seth bloods are back I remember my e2 levels but not all I will try and gt the rest up soon
    cool -- just no more pics of your ass unless you have a real abcess.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

U got it bro. Lol I thought u really liked it soooo...... Anyway e2 before cycle in dec was less thn 20 then a week later gyno popped up. March e2 was 29 and I was on 40mg epi 300mg npp and test 610mg
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

U got it bro. Lol I thought u really liked it soooo...... Anyway e2 before cycle in dec was less thn 20 then a week later gyno popped up. March e2 was 29 and I was on 40mg epi 300mg npp and test 610mg
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by comacho View Post

Eric is simply stating that prolactin (as progesterone) are cofactors in the overall development of mammary tissue and milk production. Nothing more, and this really isn't a novelty at this point. Nobody here is denying the prevalence of estrogen in the overall stimulation and/or development of mammary tissue, however the whole issue goes way beyond that. Even in the presence of a normal estrogen level, if your cofactors are elevated to any degree the risk is there to potentiate an issue; not to mention there is the possiblity of so many unknown underlying factors playing a part at times (i.e. underlying hormonal disorders, dopaminergic factors, disease process.)

Just as an example, look at the hormonal/development algorhythm women experience during their menses or pregnancy. Progesterone and prolactin without-a-doubt play a part in the development of glandular tissue and lactation. As in puberty, estrogen controls the growth of the ducts and progesterone controls the growth of the glandular buds. It's all relative here in the end, and that's what really matters.

I can see what you're getting at overall, and i don't disagree per se, but this issue is far more complicated than just estrogen alone in many instances. We could go on for hours discussing each cofactor and the different scenarios that could play a role in any given individual issue. I'm not Anti-Serm myself, and i do think they play an important role, but in general i don't think many people realize how complex endocrinology really is. Without blood work to correlate with each individual presenting case, there is no way to prove any specific treatment modality effective; or even warranted for that matter.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

11. Advanced Member

Alright, it's been too many posts since we talked about it. so a week after getting a reading of 20 for e2 your gyno popped up. What else did your test measure?
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Ill have to look. T levels in the 200s prolactin normal like 6. Then march t levels 3487 and e2 29 and prl 8ish

I will let u know when I'm back from dc ill send it to u in a pm
  13. Advanced Member

Ill have to look. T levels in the 200s prolactin normal like 6. Then march t levels 3487 and e2 29 and prl 8ish

I will let u know when I'm back from dc ill send it to u in a pm
    I am particularly interested in SHBG and estrone levels. Did you have free test versus total test?
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

I don't believe I had estrone done and I'm not sure on shbg but when I get home monday ill let u know
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

I don't believe I had estrone done and I'm not sure on shbg but when I get home monday ill let u know
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  223 lbs.

Just putting this link from another thread here at AM about Dienedrone/Estra 4,9's here, for easy reference :

Nasty Dienedrone sides
  17. 1HP

Quote Originally Posted by sethroberts View Post
    I am particularly interested in SHBG and estrone levels. Did you have free test versus total test?
    Any updates on this?
  18. New Member

What would be a suitable PCT for SD? All this science talk is getting me confused :/
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  237 lbs.

subed want to follow
  20. dav
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

21. New Member

great thread
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

SEth...come back!!! This is a GREAT thread--keep it going.

OK, what about SERM use during a cycle of something supressive to SHBG, for example Super Drol or P-Plex? Would you suggest Nolva over Clomid? Would 10 mg./day of Nolva probably be sufficient to get the job done in terms of antagonizing the estrogen receptor and helping keep SHBG not quite so supressed?

I prefer Clomid during PCT; is low dose Nolva (~10 mg./day) on cycle, followed by Clomid during PCT (tapered down and perhaps extended to 6 weeks in order to allow SHBG to normalize and the freed estrone to be cleared) sound like a solid protocol?

Crowbar

P.S. I WILL be getting your book--fascinating stuff!
  23. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar46 View Post
    SEth...come back!!! This is a GREAT thread--keep it going.

OK, what about SERM use during a cycle of something supressive to SHBG, for example Super Drol or P-Plex? Would you suggest Nolva over Clomid? Would 10 mg./day of Nolva probably be sufficient to get the job done in terms of antagonizing the estrogen receptor and helping keep SHBG not quite so supressed?

I prefer Clomid during PCT; is low dose Nolva (~10 mg./day) on cycle, followed by Clomid during PCT (tapered down and perhaps extended to 6 weeks in order to allow SHBG to normalize and the freed estrone to be cleared) sound like a solid protocol?

Crowbar

P.S. I WILL be getting your book--fascinating stuff!
    I'm always here I lurk a lot looking for interesting discussions.

To answer your question, I don't know for sure. Tamoxifen should increase SHBG levels but no studies have been performed on this particular question. I would have to look in the literature to see if I could get an idea on dose.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

I understand, but in principle you have no objection to using low dose Nolva on cycle and Clomid during PCT?

Crowbar
  25. Advanced Member

I understand, but in principle you have no objection to using low dose Nolva on cycle and Clomid during PCT?

Crowbar
    Not at all.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Seth, I know this is off topic, but while I have you here...What do you think of M1-T? I can obtain some from the UK which I have heard from users of the older versions that it is legit.

I understand this is an open ended question; however, do you have a very strong opinion one way or the other? Some people would never consider using M1-T, and think of it as nothing more than poison in a pill.

Crowbar
  27. Advanced Member

Seth, I know this is off topic, but while I have you here...What do you think of M1-T? I can obtain some from the UK which I have heard from users of the older versions that it is legit.

I understand this is an open ended question; however, do you have a very strong opinion one way or the other? Some people would never consider using M1-T, and think of it as nothing more than poison in a pill.

Crowbar
    I don't think of it as any worse than superdrol really. Both pretty toxic but superdrol might give a few more pounds of water weight gain. In a perfect world, I would never use either of them.
  28. Senior Member

Great... totally awesome read tonight!!! SO SO much info.

Seth, how would you setup oncycle support and PCT for these designer such as SD, Phera and Tren to help prevent against gyno and other unwanted sides. Are you saying to pretty much stay away from an AI oncycle and in PCT?

What do you think about using clomid wks 1-4 along with tamox wks 1-4. Then starting wk 3 add the AI and taper the dose from wk 3-6 (thus extending it 2 wks past the SERMS).
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

BUMP!
  30. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liftingstud View Post
    Great... totally awesome read tonight!!! SO SO much info.

Seth, how would you setup oncycle support and PCT for these designer such as SD, Phera and Tren to help prevent against gyno and other unwanted sides. Are you saying to pretty much stay away from an AI oncycle and in PCT?

What do you think about using clomid wks 1-4 along with tamox wks 1-4. Then starting wk 3 add the AI and taper the dose from wk 3-6 (thus extending it 2 wks past the SERMS).
    I would probably use a SERM on cycle. I have never been a fan of AI use during or after a cycle unless the dosing is kept very low because they tend to reduce estrogen too much. I think there is a huge amount of gyno hysteria out there (and probably rightfully so). If one uses AAS long enough then there is a very strong liklihood, if not a certainty, of getting gyno and losing hair -- two things that men do not want. But, if you are constantly squeezing your nips, then you may be causing problems. It is not unusual for breast tissue to swell while on a cycle (especially if constantly being squeezed) but true gynecomastia is not swelling.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

It's interesting, when I used to run "real" gear (before this present legal hysteria) none of us were obsessed with the use of AI's like guys are today--just a SERM on cycle (with some HcG sometimes) and clomid during PCT. It worked perfectly. I agree with you Seth, this preoccupation with very powerful AI's is not good.

On an unrelated note: I use 200 mg. caffeine (+ Alpha-GPC, Power Drive--a supplement that provides the precursors to catecholamine production, and Rhodiola) 1 1/2 hours before I work out. I also use carbs/protein (PeptoPro) both before and during my workout. Do you think the caffeine (and Power Drive), due to increased release of catecholimines, will impair insulin sensitivity, and thus the anabolic/anti-catabolic effects I'm trying to elicit from the insulin and protein?

Thanks so much for your time,

Crowbar
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Bump
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

bump
  34. Advanced Member

It's interesting, when I used to run "real" gear (before this present legal hysteria) none of us were obsessed with the use of AI's like guys are today--just a SERM on cycle (with some HcG sometimes) and clomid during PCT. It worked perfectly. I agree with you Seth, this preoccupation with very powerful AI's is not good.

On an unrelated note: I use 200 mg. caffeine (+ Alpha-GPC, Power Drive--a supplement that provides the precursors to catecholamine production, and Rhodiola) 1 1/2 hours before I work out. I also use carbs/protein (PeptoPro) both before and during my workout. Do you think the caffeine (and Power Drive), due to increased release of catecholimines, will impair insulin sensitivity, and thus the anabolic/anti-catabolic effects I'm trying to elicit from the insulin and protein?

Thanks so much for your time,

Crowbar

Possibly but so would high intensity physical activity which is why I prefer a post workout carb induced insulin spike and refeed as opposed to pre or during workout.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

This is an interesting area: I've been following the threads at T-Nation concerning this topic, and it does seem some research as well as people's experience is showing positive results with the pre/during protocol. However, I obviously see your point or I wouldn't have asked. I'm going to be asking Bill Roberts his opinion on this; meanwhile I'm experimenting with the carb/protein pari-workout protocol.

Crowbar
  36. Advanced Member

This is an interesting area: I've been following the threads at T-Nation concerning this topic, and it does seem some research as well as people's experience is showing positive results with the pre/during protocol. However, I obviously see your point or I wouldn't have asked. I'm going to be asking Bill Roberts his opinion on this; meanwhile I'm experimenting with the carb/protein pari-workout protocol.

Crowbar
    Even the literature is split on this one. If you are using exogenous insulin then it probably doesn't make as much differenc ebefore or after or during. But my current opinion is that post is better.
  37. New Member

Seth

Ok so here it is. I have read quite a bit of what you have to say about tren related gyno and I'm a bit curious how I should go about combating what I think my issues are. Mostly a swollen almost hard knot that forms from either substance. From what I recall I had this even using tren ace alone. Now with a few cycles under my belt it pops up very easily. I have nolva on hand. Should I use this for the entire cycle? Anything else I should use for the duration? And as far as pct, what would be my best bet? Nolva and clomid? I will be using Melanotan 2 also.

This will be a low dose cycle.

50mg tren ace eod along with 50mg prop eod. I have come to realize that I respond very well at low doses. I can also go ED for both if you think I will have less sides due to blood lvls.

Thanks for the help!
  38. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Builtone666 View Post
    Seth

Ok so here it is. I have read quite a bit of what you have to say about tren related gyno and I'm a bit curious how I should go about combating what I think my issues are. Mostly a swollen almost hard knot that forms from either substance. From what I recall I had this even using tren ace alone. Now with a few cycles under my belt it pops up very easily. I have nolva on hand. Should I use this for the entire cycle? Anything else I should use for the duration? And as far as pct, what would be my best bet? Nolva and clomid? I will be using Melanotan 2 also.

This will be a low dose cycle.

50mg tren ace eod along with 50mg prop eod. I have come to realize that I respond very well at low doses. I can also go ED for both if you think I will have less sides due to blood lvls.

Thanks for the help!
    Have you had any blood work done or had a physician look at your lumps?

Nobody is going to be able to guarantee you anything (especially in the absence of bloodwork to know what is truly going on) but if I was you i would either avoid the offending AAS or use Nolva throughout. For PCT you could add clomid to the nolva or switch from nolva to clomid -- but then I might be a little worried of post-cycle gyno. Why are you using the melanotan? for the tanning effects or the erection effects? or both?
  39. New Member

Had a doc look at the one side, the most bothersome, and he said it was normal haha and that I shouldn't worry about it. I would really like to avoid the puffiness, it's pretty annoying and has made me think twice about even doing another run. Have blood work done every 6 months, I would have to dig them up somehow. Yes, using the Melanotan 2 for the tan and other sides. From what I have heard it helps with libido during cycle. I also want to see just how dark i can get with minimal UV exposure. I know there is no guarantee, I have been fallowing this thread the best I can, I'm just looking for the best suggestion for for the two. So maybe I should say a hypothetical suggestion haha.

Thanks again!
  40. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Builtone666 View Post
    Had a doc look at the one side, the most bothersome, and he said it was normal haha and that I shouldn't worry about it. I would really like to avoid the puffiness, it's pretty annoying and has made me think twice about even doing another run. Have blood work done every 6 months, I would have to dig them up somehow. Yes, using the Melanotan 2 for the tan and other sides. From what I have heard it helps with libido during cycle. I also want to see just how dark i can get with minimal UV exposure. I know there is no guarantee, I have been fallowing this thread the best I can, I'm just looking for the best suggestion for for the two. So maybe I should say a hypothetical suggestion haha.

Thanks again!
    Its all hypothetical
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Prolactin Sides with Low Prolactin Levels?!?
    By Jarred28 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 02:58 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 07:51 PM
  3. Prolactin/Progesterone Help????
    By srx600 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 08:08 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 11:52 AM