Must Read This ! "The One" is just DHT

thelix

Awards
Hello Everyone,

I know something was wrong with the hype around "The One". This compound is nothing more than DHT and therefore it cannot do anything more to you than just increase aggression and focus.

For those of you interested in "The One" you should read this acticle from a credible German lab

New designer steroid The One is really just Methyl-DHT

New designer steroid The One is really just Methyl-DHT

The American supplement manufacturer Applied Nutriceuticals is waging a marketing campaign on the bodybuilding message boards for its new designer supplement The One. The product contains a steroid that has never been on the market before, an oxime. And because oximes are unknown in doping circles, the manufacturers are taking a bit of license with the truth, describing The One as a miracle drug.

According to the label, The One contains 17a-methyl etioallocholan 17b-ol 3-hydroxyimine. The name is outdated: etioallocholan is the old name for dihydrotestosterone, or DHT, the masculinising metabolite in testosterone. DHT doesn’t really build muscles, but it does cause the typically male side effects, such as increased aggression.

In the DDR – the communist part of Germany before the fall of the Berlin wall – the dictatorship did experiments with the 17 alpha-methyl analogue of DHT on athletes. The code name given to that steroid was STS 646. From the East Germans’ experiments it became clear that STS 646 was not a good muscle builder, but it did make athletes more aggressive and better focused. The East Germans therefore gave it to team players, just before an important match.

The substance that The One contains bears a striking resemblance to methyl-DHT. The structural formula is shown here. According to the manufacturer, one capsule of The One contains 22.5 mg of the stuff. The recommended dose is three to four capsules per day.

The steroid in question is an oxime. You can read more about oximes in Chapter 17 of the Anabolics Book. Oximes are prohormones. The acid in the stomach converts the oxime in The One into 17 alpha-methyl-DHT.

In the postings that Applied Nutriceuticals employees are bombarding the message boards with you can read that The One is ‘the only steroid you’ll ever need’. Hence

the name. And the company posts graphs like the one below, in which a tester is supposed to have gained more than eight kilograms of dry mass as a result of taking The One. Yeah, yeah.

The company also writes that this ‘completely new steroid’ was first described in an article published in Steroids in 1966. [bodybuilding.com 01-05-2009] [Steroids. 1966 Aug;8(2):209-18.] Now, we just happen to have past editions of Steroids in the attic, alongside our old comics. And when we started to search, we found the data that we’ve published below. Steroid XVI is the oxime in The One.

According to this table – which is based on animal tests – 17 alpha-methyl-3-oxime is 3.8 times more anabolic than testosterone (I) and 1.6 times as androgenic. By the way, IV is DHT, VII is 1-testosterone and XX is stanozolol. You’ll also come across these figures in postings about The One on the message boards. But the point is that they are not applicable here. If you read the 1966 article, you’ll learn that the researchers base their figures on tests in which they injected rats with the steroids. Blood is less acid than stomach acid. The oxime probably remains intact for much longer in the blood than in the stomach, where it changes rapidly into methyl-DHT. The promising figures in the table will remain illusory if you take The One.

That the oxime was first described in the 1966 article is also not the case. In 1963, three years earlier, Robert Mazur a chemist working for Searle, filed a patent for a series of DHT oximes. That patent, US Patent 3,211,756, also covers the steroid in The One.

The same goes for The One as for other designer steroids: at best you'll be a guinea pig for a substance that has never been properly tested on humans. At worst, well...

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
interesting to see how this thread develops . . . or doesn't :bandit:

BradyJ15

Awards
Interesting read, will definitely keep watching this thread as I am curious about 'the one.' I guess at worst increased focus and aggression is a good thing when it comes to lifting.

thelix

Awards
Those guys from Applied Nutriceuticals definitely own us some good explanation on this....

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hope this doesn't get out of hand because I now have questions...

Question #1 - WTF? :blink:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm checking into it, however I found that actual patent, and the chemical compound that is The ONE is not (from what I can tell) one of the compounds there. There are similar compounds sure, but thats again like saying superdrol is similar to pheraplex.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm checking into it, however I found that actual patent, and the chemical compound that is The ONE is not (from what I can tell) one of the compounds there. There are similar compounds sure, but thats again like saying superdrol is similar to pheraplex.
I'm reading the same here... maybe I'm wrong (highly doubt), though.

Soad

Soad

Awards
i was saying this from day one, i got negative reps for saying it...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
I have a feeling this should be interesting lol

dayday87

Banned
Awards
lols..... gonna be good to see a rep try and do damage control on this one...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
well if you are able to just attach something, like an OH, Methly,extra C, or any molecule or chain for that matter you can patent it. It may or may not make a difference but then gives the right to patent and claim as your own for the purpose or sale, etc.

I have not a clue about this but that was the first thing that popped in my head between people saying the chem looked close but different and knowing people like to say AN is just hype.

NOTE: i stand neutral on all this.

Lets just try to keep it civil and wait for them though, we all know "itll be interesting" "they have some esplainin' to do..." and so on...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What damage is there? a 40 year old - ie expired - patent that doesn't directly name the compound cited by some web site. oooooh how damaging.

dayday87

Banned
Awards
What damage is there? a 40 year old - ie expired - patent that doesn't directly name the compound cited by some web site. oooooh how damaging.
Uh you still do damage control regardless if the claims are bogus or not buddy... How many people are asking for an explanation already on this one....? My point exactly.

thelix

Awards
well if you are able to just attach something, like an OH, Methly,extra C, or any molecule or chain for that matter you can patent it. It may or may not make a difference but then gives the right to patent and claim as your own for the purpose or sale, etc.

I have not a clue about this but that was the first thing that popped in my head between people saying the chem looked close but different and knowing people like to say AN is just hype.

NOTE: i stand neutral on all this.

Lets just try to keep it civil and wait for them though, we all know "itll be interesting" "they have some esplainin' to do..." and so on...
I agree on the patent issue....but claim huge gains and everything else on a methyl-DHT product is imho very overstated.

AN reps....where are you ???????

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uh you still do damage control regardless if the claims are bogus or not buddy... How many people are asking for an explanation already on this one....? My point exactly.
So far 1? maybe 2? there is nothing substantial in the article at all. Some of it is as much as silly

"If you read the 1966 article, you’ll learn that the researchers base their figures on tests in which they injected rats with the steroids. Blood is less acid than stomach acid. The oxime probably remains intact for much longer in the blood than in the stomach, where it changes rapidly into methyl-DHT. The promising figures in the table will remain illusory if you take The One. "

Funny, thats the exact same way all the anabolic:androgenic ratios were tested. Superdrol, pheraplex, M1T, etc. And i've been told by a chemist that their "probably" above is incorrect :) We haven't based our statements of gains on the ratios at all, but on actual human users ingesting capsules :D

Its funny in its own way.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree on the patent issue....but claim huge gains and everything else on a methyl-DHT product is imho very overstated.

AN reps....where are you ???????
Look at the people logging it now, more than half are non-sponsored and unrelated to the company, and getting those sort of results. the lowest gains so far is at 4lbs up on scale at day 12, and he also looks leaner, so could be 5lbs of lean mass gained and 1 lost in fat. Thats the WORST results so far.

dayday87

Banned
Awards
So far 1? maybe 2? there is nothing substantial in the article at all. Some of it is as much as silly

"If you read the 1966 article, you’ll learn that the researchers base their figures on tests in which they injected rats with the steroids. Blood is less acid than stomach acid. The oxime probably remains intact for much longer in the blood than in the stomach, where it changes rapidly into methyl-DHT. The promising figures in the table will remain illusory if you take The One. "

Funny, thats the exact same way all the anabolic:androgenic ratios were tested. Superdrol, pheraplex, M1T, etc. And i've been told by a chemist that their "probably" above is incorrect :) We haven't based our statements of gains on the ratios at all, but on actual human users ingesting capsules :D

Its funny in its own way.

Did you really just say 1 or 2 people have asked for a rep to come and answer this...? Are you blind? Looks like your a rep for AN and all you can say is "LOLZ THE ARTICLE IS BOGUS" Instead of actually explaining it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you really just say 1 or 2 people have asked for a rep to come and answer this...? Are you blind? Looks like your a rep for AN and all you can say is "LOLZ THE ARTICLE IS BOGUS" Instead of actually explaining it.
What part am I not explaining ?

He mentions a patent that doesn't actually have The ONE listed, but is expired anyhow even if it were to have covered it generically. So if he is right here, at most we are incorrect as to what year a reference to the substance first appeared. He mentions that PROBABLY oximes last less time in the stomach than bloodstream, but offers no details, just probably. We don't make any statements as to how long the oxime holds together, so its meaningless.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think its funny at all, how does the one differ from 17a methyl dht then? that would be a good start. What is the role of the attached 3-hydroxyimine in the structure?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think its funny at all, how does the one differ from 17a methyl dht then? that would be a good start. What is the role of the attached 3-hydroxyimine in the structure?
The ONE is a prohormone to DHT with some intrinsic activity of its own, and its a different chemical than 17a mdht. The role of the 3-hydroximine is the same as with any other compound with additional bonds, to provide for intrinsic activity as well as be part of the enzymatic breakdown into the target hormone.

Vida listed thousands of prohormones + steroids in his book. A slight difference in bonding makes large differences in both how something is absorbed and how it acts.

muller

muller

Awards
God this is getting worse everyday. Find out they only ran 1 bloodwork when they promised us they'd released a crap ton of blood info one day, and now this the next

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
EDIT: N/M

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats not explainin' diddly.

God this is getting worse everyday. Find out they only ran 1 bloodwork when they promised us they'd released a crap ton of blood info one day, and now this the next and all we get it OMG LOLS from our AN rep.

EDIT: I spoke 5 mins too late
So far there are 2 of you saying I said "OMG LOLZ" but i'm still not seeing that.

I'm also not seeing where the article on ergo-log is much more "Oh Noz! Iz probably just DHT" "Dey list A:A ratioz from Vida, but iz not from eating capz" and really i'm not sure what i can answer about what an internet write says is probably true but has no evidence that it is, or the industry standard of stating the Vida A:A ratios.

Is there something factual there i missed?

Our claim that its completely new? We say that because its never been sold before, which it hasn't.

So so far what I see as the only possible factual piece at all is that we may have been incorrect with stating that it was first mentioned in 1966, and may have been mentioned in 1963.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
this is really not a concern to me cause nowadays I left 17a methyl compounds alone but in any case I know that sometimes methylation change the characteristics of a steroid (just look at the difference between d-bol and boldeone) but even so I think everybody already knew that the one was similar to dht so if I had to chose between a dht kind of stuff my option would be proviron, is not liver toxic, not suppressive and well studied on humans, ok its illegal but c`mon is really easy to get and it comes in a letter not in a vial so costums will not open it

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i don't care if it's DHT and been made before, more steroids available to me is a good thing.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
woow im so happy i never bought into this product! me loves me superdrol

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just to prove...... otc u cant beat supedrol........
and yet ppl claimed the one to actually be better..........

thelix

Awards
So far there are 2 of you saying I said "OMG LOLZ" but i'm still not seeing that.

I'm also not seeing where the article on ergo-log is much more "Oh Noz! Iz probably just DHT" "Dey list A:A ratioz from Vida, but iz not from eating capz" and really i'm not sure what i can answer about what an internet write says is probably true but has no evidence that it is, or the industry standard of stating the Vida A:A ratios.

Is there something factual there i missed?

Our claim that its completely new? We say that because its never been sold before, which it hasn't.

So so far what I see as the only possible factual piece at all is that we may have been incorrect with stating that it was first mentioned in 1966, and may have been mentioned in 1963.
Hey man, read the entire article on the actual web site.

DHT is DHT, period. It can only bring androgenous effects on the body. If the compound composition is proven to be effective through the liver...it will end up being at best, just DHT anyway.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm so 1 posting on the internet by ergo-log is proof, more than the proof of numerous postings on the internet by people with no vested interest using the product? more than half the logs are unsponsored, and unlike some other companies we don't provide bribes of "put a good review into Nutraplanet for us and be entered into a raffle". So they have 0 to gain by posting anything but honesty. But Ergo-log gets paid by selling ads on their site, so the more controversy they can generate, the more $ they make.....

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
"The One" is actually 2 MDHT bound together by the 3-hydroxyimine. The major first metabolite of this will be MDHT. As EasyEJL stated, it is a pro-drug to MDHT. That said, the actual compound does have intrinsic activity. What that actually is in the real world remains to be seen.

Additionally, as one MDHT is removed from the compound, you are likely still left with the MDHT-oxime...which may have additional activity as well.

With all this said, even at worse case scenerio, if this had no intrinsic activity and was simply a prodrug to MDHT...is that a bad thing? IMO, MDHT was a great compound pre-ban. Was like the OTC equivalent to proviron. It would be unlike anything currently available today. Not too shabby.

The ONE is a prohormone to DHT with some intrinsic activity of its own, and its a different chemical than 17a mdht. The role of the 3-hydroximine is the same as with any other compound with additional bonds, to provide for intrinsic activity as well as be part of the enzymatic breakdown into the target hormone.

Vida listed thousands of prohormones + steroids in his book. A slight difference in bonding makes large differences in both how something is absorbed and how it acts.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
This happens with every new designer introduced. They are all the next M1T or superdrol. Rarely do they actually measure up. Just the name of the game.

Were you around when SD first came out? The claims were very similar to those of "the one". Gains similar to M1T without the sides. Supposedly minimal liver toxicity, minimal effect on blood lipids, increased libido...and put on lean 20lbs in 4-6 weeks. We now know this is not entirely accurate.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man, read the entire article on the actual web site.

DHT is DHT, period. It can only bring androgenous effects on the body. If the compound composition is proven to be effective through the liver...it will end up being at best, just DHT anyway.
So M1,4add just has dbol effects? No. The ONE also has its own intrinsic effects. You know where a number of oxime based steroidal compounds (non-methylated) get used? In optical steroids for repair after surgery.

So where in his whole article is there any factual proof of anything other than that it may have been mentioned in writing a few years earlier than we said? The rest is based on his guesses at most, with "probably" thrown in.

Look at actual results vs his "probably". Ignore even all the sponsored logs, just look at results from non-sponsored if you'd like. Probably (and based on the same sort of looking at chemical structure he is using) Methyl Dien is the most anabolic steroid that is reasonable to use, and 1mg of it should be equivalent to 5mg M1T. probably.

thelix

Awards
Hmm so 1 posting on the internet by ergo-log is proof, more than the proof of numerous postings on the internet by people with no vested interest using the product? more than half the logs are unsponsored, and unlike some other companies we don't provide bribes of "put a good review into Nutraplanet for us and be entered into a raffle". So they have 0 to gain by posting anything but honesty. But Ergo-log gets paid by selling ads on their site, so the more controversy they can generate, the more $ they make.....
I don't disagree with Ergo-log being a commercial site at all...my point is that The One is being marketed to being an innovative, unheard of compound....and that is simply not true if after getting through your liver it becomes DHT !

There is nothing new innovative or revolutionary about it, as AN claims on its ads. DHT is not anabolic, it is androgenic....and therefore it has many undesidered sides to it.

Jeez...if I wanted a strong androgenic compound...i'd take Anadrol !

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone,

I know something was wrong with the hype around "The One". This compound is nothing more than DHT and therefore it cannot do anything more to you than just increase aggression and focus.
By the way, MDHT and DHT are two different compounds. You cannot use them interchangeably.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you can argue your case very convincingly without taking jabs at other companies. As I see it, AN can easily make a very coherent and logically impeccable case here. No question.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
There really wasn't a factual based argument to begin with. You guys are killing me here with the bogus witch hunt.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't disagree with Ergo-log being a commercial site at all...my point is that The One is being marketed to being an innovative, unheard of compound....and that is simply not true if after getting through your liver it becomes DHT !

There is nothing new innovative or revolutionary about it, as AN claims on its ads. DHT is not anabolic, it is androgenic....and therefore it has many undesidered sides to it.

Jeez...if I wanted a strong androgenic compound...i'd take Anadrol !
But its intrinsic activity is different. Just as M1,4add isn't the same as just popping dbols. It is something new, and something different.

Forget about whats on paper and what people are guessing and saying probably, look at the real world results. Thats what counts isnt it? If its all placebo effect, than right now theres a good few thousand pounds more of placebo running around than there was before Feb 27.

And if the gains are all placebo effect, then i'm guessing the lack of androgenic sides is somehow also all placebo effect? minimal acne, no significant shedding, no prostate discomfort.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And to add, fine, if your problem with calling it new is because it was mentioned in the 60s, then no steroid has been new since the 60s, as vida listed EVERYTHING that has come out since then there :)