The Official PCT of 2009

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dear Member,

I'm proud to present the official Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) of 2009.

If you're considering using pro-hormones, or even illegal anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS’s), then you should read this article before going any further.

Some information given here will be new, some will be old, but all of it is based off successful real-world protocols developed from the counseling of hundreds of athletes and bodybuilders worldwide. The information presented here will allow you to come clean from a cycle while keeping your gains, surging your sex drive, and making you feel healthier than you ever have before.

Before we get into the details I want to illustrate several major problems with the average PCT protocol -

Mega-Dosing of SERMs​

There is no doubt that SERMs (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators) such as Clomid and Nolvadex can stimulate testosterone production.

Unfortunately, these drugs can have a host of side effects including -

• Liver Toxicity
  • Reduced Libido
  • Ocular Toxicity/Blurred Vision
  • Emotional Side-effects
Clomid in particular can lead to emotional side-effects and cause a man to feel like a weeping and emotionally distressed pregnant woman. This is because Clomid acts like an estrogen in certain parts of the brain and causes serious emotional episodes. To read more about the side-effects of SERM's, read this article.

In the “Perfect PCT” section below we will discuss the proper use of SERM’s for PCT.

Over Use of Anti-Estrogens​

Aromatase inhibitors (AI's) such as Arimidex, Aromasin, and Formestane are powerful tools for reducing estrogen conversion from heavily aromatizing drugs such as Testosterone or Dianabol. While these drugs are sometimes useful during cycle, these drugs are often counter-productive to use during PCT.

More specifically, it is a common misconception that estrogen will be elevated post cycle. Generally, estrogen is below a normal level after a cycle, especially if the cycle consisted primarily of non-aromatizing (non-estrogenic) AAS's or pro-hormones. Additionally, if one uses proper anti-estrogen's during a cycle with aromatizing AAS's then estrogen will not be elevated in this scenario either. Therefore, assuming proper AI's are used during cycle, I can only recommend an AI be used for PCT if hCG is also used.

Using AI's when they are not needed can lead to extremely low estrogen, which can cause the following side-effects -

• Lower Sex Drive / Erectile dysfunction
  • Joint Pain
  • Lower HDL levels
  • Increased Risk of Heart Disease
Ultimately, this hurts your long and short term recovery and does not benefit you. Don't forget, normal levels of estrogen are necessary to support libido, muscle recovery, and testicular function.

Improper use of hCG​

Using hCG after the cycle is the least effective way to use hCG.

You see, when you're on steroids, your brain cuts off the signal to the testes, and your testes stop producing testosterone. Once this happens, your testes shutdown, start to shrink, and become unresponsive to stimulation from the brain (essentially, the testes become desensitized). This is the reason why alot of guys never recover from a steroid cycle even after using tons of hCG and SERM's -- because the testes have stayed inactive for too long and have become permanently desensitized.

Here are a list of problems you can have from waiting untill the end of a cycle to use hCG -

• High Possibility of Permanent Testicular Damage/Desensitization
  • Higher hCG Dose Requirement
  • Higher Conversion Rate to Estrogen
For a fast and quick recovery of testosterone production after a cycle, you must avoid the long-periods of suppression. Once your testes go unused for too long, it is virtually impossible to get them to come back full strength, no matter how much hCG you take. For more detailed information on testicular degeneration of testicular function during a steroid cycle, see this article.

hCG during cycle - The Proper use of hCG

For any cycle longer than 6 weeks, you need to get your hands on some hCG and use it during the cycle. A small dose will keep the testes running as normal during cycle, so they can jump back on track when the cycle is over. Plus, when you use hCG during the cycle, you don't need to use it for PCT.

On-cycle hCG forces your testes to continue producing testosterone as they normally would. The trick with on-cycle hCG use is to avoid using too much, too frequently (which can also desensitize your testes the same as not using any at all!). It’s important to use just enough to stimulate the testes to produce the same amount of testosterone they would normally.

Check out the simple hCG dosing guidelines -

* Every 4 days = Shoot on Monday, then on Friday, then on Tuesday, ect.

† AI - Aromatase Inhibitor (While taking 1000iu shots, I recommend 10mg/ED of Aromasin or .5mg/ED Arimidex to keep estrogen in control. Legal alternatives include Formasol and Arom-X which are also effective aromatase inhibitors. Discontinue AI 4 days after last hCG shot.)​
If you are doing the on-cycle hCG protocol it is important to discontinue hCG 2 weeks prior to AAS clearance. Therefore, when you officially start PCT you will be clean of all AAS's and will be 14 days from your last hCG shot. This allows your testes to become re-sensitized to the body's LH signal from the brain, making for a quick recovery of natural testosterone production as soon as the steroids and hCG clear the system. This is another reason why on-cycle hCG is superior, because it allows you to start recovering as soon as PCT begins.

If you aren't doing hCG on-cycle, then use hCG according to the "last 2 weeks or after the cycle" guidelines, and start it 4-5 weeks before the AAS's are expected to clear the system (Or as soon as possible if you are already past this point).

For AAS clearance times, see the table in the last section.

The Perfect PCT

Since SERMs can help stimulate testosterone production, we will allow them in our PCT, but at a much lower dose that what most “forum gurus” suggest. The goal with SERM’s is to dose them for maximum benefit with minimal side-effects, and only use them when they are necessary. If your cycle is longer than 6 weeks, and you are not running hCG during the cycle, then I recommend a SERM during PCT in combination with the Testosterone Recovery Stack (TRS) -- A completely legal, natural, tried & true PCT stack. (about to be discussed)

I recommend the following SERM’s, in order of most to least desirable –

Toremifene – 40mg/day
Nolvadex (Tamoxifen) – 10mg/day
Clomid (Clomiphene) – 25mg/day​

As I mentioned above, hCG should be used for any cycle longer than 6 weeks. If you follow the proper hCG protocol, then it will be much easier to recover for PCT, and the TRS alone will be sufficient for recovery. However, if hCG was not used, then you will likely benefit from stacking one of the above listed SERM’s with the TRS. (since you will need all the help you can get)

The TRS has proven to be so safe & effective, that guys are shunning Clomid and Nolvadex every chance they get and using the TRS alone for PCT. Hundreds of testimonials and dozens of blood tests from real life customers have proven the Testosterone Recovery Stack to be just as effective as a SERM for PCT, but without the side effects. For those that may want additional support for PCT, the TRS stacks synergistically with low responsible doses of SERMs. (Just checkout the PCT Stacking Guideline table below)

So what exactly is the TRS?

The main product in the TRS is the legendary Sustain Alpha -- a natural testosterone boosting topical cream.

It's no surprise that Sustain Alpha is the foundation of the TRS. It’s powerful active ingredients are pulled through the skin and straight to the blood stream with our advanced topical delivery formula. Once in the blood, they are carried to the brain – right where they start triggering the testes to produce testosterone like a fountain of youth.

Speaking of the triggering testosterone production; How does Sustain Alpha work?

The main ingredients in Sustain Alpha – resveratrol and 7,8-benzoflavone – are natural anti-estrogens. However, both of these compounds have proven to be more like estrogen balancers as blood tests have revealed that Sustain Alpha can raise estrogen if it is too low or lower estrogen if it is too high – therefore offering the ideal solution for virtually any individual.

You see, a little estrogen is a good thing. Too low of estrogen can reduce libido, inhibit recovery, and hurt heart health by raising bad cholesterol. (a typical side-effect of using pharmaceuticals like Arimidex or Aromasin which can overly suppress estrogen levels as I mentioned earlier)

So the question is…

If Sustain Alpha isn't significantly inhibiting estrogen, then how exactly is it significantly increasing LH, FSH and natural testosterone levels?

Before jumping into the science let me give you a brief background on hormone production -

Basic Hormone Production
The Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis (HPTA)

In a normal healthy male luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) are sent from the brain (the pituitary) to stimulate the testes to make testosterone and sperm.

The release of LH & FSH from the pituitary is stimulated by Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is stimulated to produce GnRH when it senses low levels of testosterone and estrogen. (hypothalamus [GnRH] --- > pituitary [LH & FSH]--- > testes [testosterone])

On the other hand, when the brain detects high levels of testosterone and estrogen it suppresses the release of GnRH, LH & FSH, and eventually testosterone production. This is called the negative feedback loop – the normal daily rhythm of hormone production.

Traditionally, boosting LH & FSH to stimulate testosterone involved the use of a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM) to directly block estrogen at the receptor (eg, Clomid & Nolvadex) or inhibition of estrogen formation by blocking the aromatase enzyme with aromatase inhibitors (eg, ATD, 6-bromo, formestane, Aromasin, Letrozol, ect).

Now on to the science on what makes Sustain Alpha so unique...

Recently, it has been found that the main ingredient in Sustain Alpha – the naturally occurring flavone 7,8-Benzoflavone -- increases testosterone production by preventing the negative feedback of testosterone and estrogen on the hypothalamus through GABAergic modulation.

That's right, GABAergic modulation, but please let me explain before jumping out of your seat.

As you may know, γ-amino-butyric acid (GABA) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter known to play an important role in sleep, learning, memory and pain sensation. In fact, GABA supplements are often used to promote relaxation and sleep. However, the GABAergic system is a tremendously complex family of receptors which interact not only with GABA, but hundreds of other neuro-active chemicals all throughout the body.

The important thing to understand here is that GABA and GABAergic transmission are two separate things.

With that in mind, researchers are just beginning to understand how the GABAergic system regulates the hypothalamus and GnRH secretion.

So far, it's been established that there is no androgen receptor (AR) or estrogen receptor (ER) on GnRH releasing neurons. This is fascinating, because it means that steroid hormones such as testosterone and estrogen must communicate with GnRH neurons through intermediaries. Meaning, steroid hormones must signal the release of certain neurotransmitters to suppress GnRH secretion in the hypothalamus. One of the neurotransmitter systems involved in this communication process is the GABAergic system.

As you can imagine, if the neurotransmitters can be blocked or antagonized, then suppression from steroid hormones can be reduced or possibly eliminated. By blocking the suppression, this allows the hypothalamus to continue secreting GnRH, thus allowing the testes to continue pumping out testosterone like they never missed a beat!

7,8-benzoflavone is a neuro-active flavone that reaches the hypothalamus and binds to the GABAergic receptors that modulate GnRH release. In fact, animal studies have already shown 7,8-benzoflavone can prevent the drug related decline in LH, FSH and testosterone production. By interacting with the GABAergic receptors, 7,8-benzoflavone is able to offset hypothalamic suppression of GnRH from steroid hormones.

We realized the incredible potential of this flavone, and recently increased the concentration of 7,8-benzoflavone by 15% in the newest 5.0 formula. Now, Sustain Alpha is more potent than ever.

So what does this mean for a guy wanting to boost testosterone?

This means LH & FSH levels can be boosted quickly and effectively without overly suppressing estrogen and sacrificing overall health. This means Sustain Alpha is perfect for any PCT, or any male wishing to optimize his "male performance" with higher testosterone levels. This also means that Sustain Alpha is unlike anything else on the market.

Yet, there is one factor that will keep you from getting maximum gains from Sustain Alpha, and that is testicular sensitivity.

Let me explain…

No matter how much LH & FSH the brain secretes, the testes won't secrete testosterone if they are desensitized to LH & FSH. (remember, this can happen from too much, or not enough LH & FSH stimulation)

Therefore, maintaining testicular sensitivity is critical, and this is precisely what Toco-8 was designed for.

Toco-8 is a powdered tocotrienol supplement proven to increase testicular sensitivity. When taken with Sustain Alpha, a powerful synergy occurs. By increasing testicular sensitivity, Toco-8 makes Sustain Alpha 3-4x more effective, thus allowing the body to produce more testosterone than it ever could before. Research has also proven that Toco-8 can increase the effectiveness of hCG by the same mechanism. Consider Toco-8 the beginning of a great testicular awakening – critical for a strong testosterone response to LH & FSH stimulation.

The final piece of the TRS is cortisol control.

Cortisol is a nasty stress hormone that can breakdown muscle tissue and reduce the ability of the body to produce testosterone. This is especially bad during PCT when getting testosterone levels up as quickly as possible is the #1 goal.

For reducing the damaging effects of cortisol we created EndoAmp.

Each serving of EndoAmp gains a scientifically proven 800mg dose of phosphatidylserine (PS). This is the exact same dose used in human clinical trials to suppress cortisol, raise testosterone and prevent muscle breakdown. PS is a very important naturally occurring phospholipid which helps reduce stress related catabolism and cortisol release.

Recap

Take hCG during the cycle if your cycle is over 6 weeks (follow the guidelines above for hCG dosing).

For PCT, use the TRS, which includes the testosterone surging Sustain Alpha, the testicular sensitizer Toco-8, and the cortisol blocker EndoAmp. Stack this with a low dose SERM if desired (see stacking guidelines below).

To make things easy just follow the below table for when to discontinue AAS’s prior to PCT -

Then follow this table for PCT -

* Toremifene is the #1 perferred SERM, followed by Nolvadex, followed by Clomid.

Notes:

Apply Sustain Alpha anytime of the day, after a shower. Use 5 days on, 2 days off.
Take Toco-8 anytime during the day with or without food.
Take 2 scoops of EndoAmp after workouts or in the morning on non-workout days.

Make no mistake, the TRS is one of the most powerful testosterone simulating stacks on the market, but don’t take my word for it. Jump on Google or any major bodybuilding forum and put in a search for the above products -- you will see they are the real deal, backed by thousands of positive reviews from actual users.

I’d like to thank you for reading the Official PCT for 2009 and supporting Primordial Performance!

Yours in health & fitness,

Eric Potratz
Primordial Founder & President

Questions?

Phone – 1-800-568-2924
Email - [email protected]
Visit - Primordial Performance

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Does one need to worry about transmitting Sustain Alpha to their significant other from physical contact as you might with Androgel or Testim1%?

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does one need to worry about transmitting Sustain Alpha to their significant other from physical contact as you might with Androgel or Testim1%?
I believe it's non hormonal

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Right, but males and females have the same neuropathways and feedback systems. Afterall, we're all made from the same thing. So any thing affecting my HPTA or estrogen levels could presumably affect my girlfriend's levels as well.

I'm just curious.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No worries, and even if it did transfer and absorb it wouldn’t do any harm. The only topicals you need to be concerned about are the ones with hormones. (eg, Dermacrine, 1-T, 1-T TREN, ect)

Remember, the active ingredients are reveratrol and 7,8-benzoflavone… both natural ingredients from foods/herbs that women have been consuming for thousands of years.

-Eric

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great thread!

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Just from reading this artiucle it makes me wonder if using inhibit-e with my PCT is the wrong thing to do?

I did T-Roid 60/60/90/90/90
PCT
Clomid 100/100/50/50
Inhibit-e 0/0/1/1/2

Should i drop the inhibit-e?

dpfisher

Why is clomid less desirable than nolva? It really depends if you are concerned with HPTA regen or just preventing gyno IMO.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just from reading this artiucle it makes me wonder if using inhibit-e with my PCT is the wrong thing to do?

I did T-Roid 60/60/90/90/90
PCT
Clomid 100/100/50/50
Inhibit-e 0/0/1/1/2

Should i drop the inhibit-e?
Yeah, T-roid (19-Norandrosta-4,9-diene-3,17-dione) does not aromatize and clears the system within 2-3 days like most oral pro-steroids, so you aren’t going to have an estrogen issue to worry about. (So no need for AI’s IMO)

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why is clomid less desirable than nolva? It really depends if you are concerned with HPTA regen or just preventing gyno IMO.
Clomid is too estrogenic, and has more side-effects than nolva, so I generally don’t prefer it. (for HPTA regeneration or gyno prevention)

I talk about SERM’s in detail in my article here -

-Eric

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, T-roid (19-Norandrosta-4,9-diene-3,17-dione) does not aromatize and clears the system within 2-3 days like most oral pro-steroids, so you aren’t going to have an estrogen issue to worry about. (So no need for AI’s IMO)

-Eric
How about eastrogen rebound from the clomid? I am guessing thats why I have been told to take it at the end of my cycle.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How about eastrogen rebound from the clomid? I am guessing thats why I have been told to take it at the end of my cycle.
Yeah, you could use it during the last week of clomid therapy, but that’s it. Remember, part of the estrogenic rebound is from clomid itself, which an AI will do nothing about. (zuclomiphene isomer with agonistic action)

BTW, you would be more than fine with 50mg/day of Clomid the entire 4 weeks.

-Eric

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
subbed.

this has alot of great info.Cheers!

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I gotta hurry and get all the primordial perf. stuff I can before its sold out!! Mercy!!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eric what are your opinions on adding natty test boosters to the PCT you outlined?

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you could use it during the last week of clomid therapy, but that’s it. Remember, part of the estrogenic rebound is from clomid itself, which an AI will do nothing about. (zuclomiphene isomer with agonistic action)

BTW, you would be more than fine with 50mg/day of Clomid the entire 4 weeks.

-Eric

I am pretty shut down even on 100mg. My balls are back and I can get an erection but I can't for the life of me want to have sex. My labido is just crushed.

I will take the inhibit-e in my last week.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty shut down even on 100mg. My balls are back and I can get an erection but I can't for the life of me want to have sex. My labido is just crushed.

i have the same problem. no desire! I need that back.

DLM5

DLM5

Awards

i have the same problem. no desire! I need that back.
Dudes, Clomid kills some guys libido.. it's one of the sides, look it up.. your libido should come back when you taper the clomid down, or finish up with it..

DLM5

DLM5

Awards
Eric,
Ok this is perfect timing..
I'm starting my PCT today, my cycle was Xtreme Tren 90/90/90/90/90/90
I've choosen the Torem and the TRS.. here come the detailed questions...

1. I want to dose my SERM at night before bed. I also want to dose my Toco-8 and Sustain before bed. So all three of thease at the same time. During sleep alot of Test production is done if I'm not mistaken. Would it not be best to dose this at night?
2. Is it best to dose the Toco-8 and Sustain together, since the Toco-8 increases the testies sensitivity to LH and FSH? Does it matter, say if you dose them 12 hrs apart?
3. You call for 40mgs everyday of the Torem. But I saw in another thread you said a guy could, possibly go double that in a agressive protocal. So a guy can go 80/80/40/40 if he chooses?
4. Do you recomened a certain time of the day for the SERM and Sustain, Toco-8 dosing?
5. I'm taking my EndoAmp every AM upon waking, even on workout days. On workout day I will be taking MuscleLink Cort-Bloc right after my workouts in late afternoon. The MuscleLink, has 200mgs Phosphatidylserine and 800mgs Glutimaine peptide per serving. I want the EndoAmp when I wake up for Cortisol control everyday, I'll use the MuscleLink for post workout cortisol control. Is this flat out overkill, or a good idea?

Lastly I live 5 minutes from ZRT and I will at least have my Total Test done thru blood. I might do the 4 hormone, I don't know... I'm looking for some good numbers..

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
Dudes, Clomid kills some guys libido.. it's one of the sides, look it up.. your libido should come back when you taper the clomid down, or finish up with it..
cheers for the info bud. reps

blakkbwoy

blakkbwoy

Awards
good post, a lot of info! I think I will pick up a kit for my next cycle

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eric what are your opinions on adding natty test boosters to the PCT you outlined?
Maybe something mild like stinging nettle is fine. I have mixed feelings about tribulus supplements. I really havent researched them enough to say for certain if they would have a positive or negative effect…. Although they are probably fine.

I would just be careful with forskolin. It upregulates aromatase and E2 levels pretty quick in most guys. (via cAMP)

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Clomid is partly responsible for the libido suppression, and perhaps T levels.

A blood test would tell you for sure though. (We sell a basic total T & E2 blood test for $80)

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eric,
Ok this is perfect timing..
I'm starting my PCT today, my cycle was Xtreme Tren 90/90/90/90/90/90
I've choosen the Torem and the TRS.. here come the detailed questions...

1. I want to dose my SERM at night before bed. I also want to dose my Toco-8 and Sustain before bed. So all three of thease at the same time. During sleep alot of Test production is done if I'm not mistaken. Would it not be best to dose this at night?

Im not sure if it’s really “best” but there certainly isn’t anything wrong with it. (as in it probably isnt any different than taking them in the morning)
2. Is it best to dose the Toco-8 and Sustain together, since the Toco-8 increases the testies sensitivity to LH and FSH? Does it matter, say if you dose them 12 hrs apart?

Again, this won’t really mater. The Toco consists of lipophilic vitamins that tends to store in the areas you need them, so exact timing is not terribly important.

3. You call for 40mgs everyday of the Torem. But I saw in another thread you said a guy could, possibly go double that in a agressive protocal. So a guy can go 80/80/40/40 if he chooses?

I wouldn’t say a 6 week cycle of a fast acting oral requires aggressive treatment. But sure, this would be fine.

4. Do you recomened a certain time of the day for the SERM and Sustain, Toco-8 dosing?

Nope. Anytime of the day.

5. I'm taking my EndoAmp every AM upon waking, even on workout days. On workout day I will be taking MuscleLink Cort-Bloc right after my workouts in late afternoon. The MuscleLink, has 200mgs Phosphatidylserine and 800mgs Glutimaine peptide per serving. I want the EndoAmp when I wake up for Cortisol control everyday, I'll use the MuscleLink for post workout cortisol control. Is this flat out overkill, or a good idea?

If you’re getting that extra 200mg of PS, you could probably cut down the EndoAmp dose a bit and make it last a bit longer.

Lastly I live 5 minutes from ZRT and I will at least have my Total Test done thru blood. I might do the 4 hormone, I don't know... I'm looking for some good numbers..

T, E2, LH, and FSH would be nice to know.

If T comes out as being low, then testing for HbA1c and Vitamin D can help tell you a bit more about your condition and what can be done to help. (eg, focus on improving insulin sensitivity, getting more sunlight, ect)

-Eric

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
After reading what you posted about running
AI's as a post cycle and the associated sides.... How do you feel about people who run them solo for hardening and fatloss? Is this a mistake considering the potential side effects.

DLM5

DLM5

Awards
Eric,
Thanks for your time to answer the questions I asked. I'm feeling good that the Torem and the TRS will give me good results, and my T levels will come out good. :biggthumpup:

I'll give a few comments from my first nights use of the Sustain...
I applied 5 pumps to my upper back, shoulders, chest, and torso. I put one pump on my balls. The balls felt like I had a super mild, mild, coat of icy-hot on them, but it wasn't painful. The 5 pumps to my upper body I could touch and get a skim film on my finger a hour later. I'll try to spread the next application out over a wider area and make it a thinner coating.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Why only 10mg Nolva recommendation?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
After reading what you posted about running
AI's as a post cycle and the associated sides.... How do you feel about people who run them solo for hardening and fatloss? Is this a mistake considering the potential side effects.

I think in general, AI’s are overrated for fat loss.

They can be useful if trying to reduce water retention, but I wouldn’t use them for more than 4-6 weeks, and I would take at least equal time off between each cycle.

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why only 10mg Nolva recommendation?
Because it’s going to still be effective for stimulating testosterone producion… with minimal chance of side-effects.

-Eric

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Because it’s going to still be effective for stimulating testosterone producion… with minimal chance of side-effects.

-Eric
Interesting...

As I'm sure you've noticed, most people giving advice (broscience) seem to consider 20mg Nolva to be about the minimum dose. I see a lot of people recommending a 60-40mg starting dose and taper down to 20mg for the last few weeks of PCT.

10mg being plenty for PCT is news to me (albeit welcomed news). I'd love to see you elaborate on it if you can.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so forskolin isnt recommended while on cycle what about for the thyroid is there something natty that would be good on cycle?

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting...

10mg being plenty for PCT is news to me (albeit welcomed news). I'd love to see you elaborate on it if you can.
I agree. I've never heard about or read about 10 mgs being the most that you need to dose,

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so forskolin isnt recommended while on cycle what about for the thyroid is there something natty that would be good on cycle?
I thought Forskolin was good on cycle because it opens up androgen receptors.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I thought Forskolin was good on cycle because it opens up androgen receptors.
i thought so to but in this thread i believe Eric said he would avoid it on cycle.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Any thoughts on Raloxifene Eric? Most that use it seem to use it on-cycle instead of pct.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting...

As I'm sure you've noticed, most people giving advice (broscience) seem to consider 20mg Nolva to be about the minimum dose. I see a lot of people recommending a 60-40mg starting dose and taper down to 20mg for the last few weeks of PCT.

20mg is really the max dose you should use on Nolva. Based on the blood tests I’ve seen, Id say that 10mg produces nearly the same result as 20mg, with less side effects. There is absolutely no research to say that 40-60mg/day of Nolva is more effective than 10 or 20mg/day.

Plus, if you are incorporating the TRS into your PCT, it creates a synergy, thus allowing you to recover without the maximum dose of SERM’s. (or any SERM in a lot of cases)

-Eric

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
can you go into what you said about the forskolin more thanks.

Messenger

Awards
I would just be careful with forskolin. It upregulates aromatase and E2 levels pretty quick in most guys. (via cAMP)

-Eric[/QUOTE]

Eric can you elaborate on this a bit please? I was under the impression forskolin can have positive effects on hormone regulation as well as metabolism, and I have seen it included in PCT products lately. Could it be beneficial used along with Sustain and a low dose AI?

I am about 10 days away from starting PCT (Sustain, Toco-8, EndoAmp). I am including bulk 1-carboxy, Super Saponins and some Icarian 50(all USP bulks).

DLM5

DLM5

Awards
Eric??

Eric,
Since this is a PCT thread I'm interested in your take on a few other type of PCT questions.. I know you have seen alot and have alot of experiances to draw on. I'd sure value your opinion..

I see so many different opinions on training and volume in PCT. From a deloading with a one week break, and claims Test levels rise during that break. You have the camp who advocates the lighter weights and work for a quick pump, they are against heavy workouts as they feel they drop your natty Test when your trying to start it back up. Then you have the guys who say drive hard and heavy to keep your gains. Eric, based on your experiance what do you advocate for PCT training for your run of the mill 6 week PH/PS cycle?

Then I see all kinds of conflicting opinions on sex draining your Test levels. Including a study I saw that after a week without sex mens Test levels increased to 147% of their average, I think that was a study done in China.
Eric do you have any opinion on sexual activity during PCT, should we abstain for quickest recovery while our Test levels are rebounding?

Cardio.. I see avocates of no cardio, to 3 to 4 days a week. Eric?

Eric, have you considered laying out a general baseline PCT training, diet, cardio, and any other tricks or tips you have up your sleeve in a write up?
It seems like a no brainer to market to me. PP's products already are tip top, now if there was a resource to follow.... hmmm... buy your PH/PS, buy your TRS, and buy a published pamplet.. or if you buy a PH/PS, and TRS stack, you get the pamplet... think about how it would help guys with less experiance get the most results they could out of your products..

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any thoughts on Raloxifene Eric? Most that use it seem to use it on-cycle instead of pct.

The genotoxic (DNA damaging ) and hepatotoxic effects where reduced with raloxifene, but the thrombotic effect was worsened, compared to 1st generation SERMs like Nolva & Clomid.

However, Raloxifene is not cost effective compared to toremifene which is my #1 perferred SERM right now. You have to take about 120mg/day of the raloxifene for it to be effective, which makes it quite a bit more expensive.

Basically, if you can afford it, it’s good.

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
can you go into what you said about the forskolin more thanks.
You can find a ton of references by searching “forskolin” & “aromatase”.

It increases aromatase activity and thus increases E2 levels. I get gyno symptoms every time I touch the stuff. (I know it works for a lot of people, but those sensitive to estrogen need to be careful)

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

-Eric
Eric can you elaborate on this a bit please? I was under the impression forskolin can have positive effects on hormone regulation as well as metabolism, and I have seen it included in PCT products lately. Could it be beneficial used along with Sustain and a low dose AI?

I am about 10 days away from starting PCT (Sustain, Toco-8, EndoAmp). I am including bulk 1-carboxy, Super Saponins and some Icarian 50(all USP bulks).[/QUOTE]

Suppliers of Forskolin tell you a one-sided story. I’m sure it can increase testosterone and perhaps improve body composition, but it can significantly increase estrogen too. It’s just something people need to be aware about. If you are going to use forskolin, it would be a good idea to use it with a low dosed AI.

Id save the extra herbal stuff you have for after the TRS. It will give you something to fall back on once the TRS is gone.

-Eric