1 kidney and being safe but getting HUGE

littlebigman7

Awards
Posted in wrong thread originally i think

Hey all! new to these boards but an oldie on other boards, i am hoping to enjoy this one! So lets start off with a hard question...

I am in need of a straight answer

A little background. I am a kidney donor of 4 years and now only have the one left. Before that i did my share of AAS cycles while in college and after college. Havent done since. About a year ago i started taking vicodin or percs every Sunday as a way to relax just because it felt good. I never took it farther than that and still only do once a week, I also always use CWE so there is little to no apap in there. Currently i decided to give pro-hormones a test again. I would like to try AAS again one day but dont know about it. So here are my Q's

1) how dangerous is it long term to take a few vics once a week if i use CWE every time? Or is it even dangerous as long as i dont increase the frequency?

2) Adding to above should i take a break when on pro-hormones or does it not matter because of the CWE and no apap?

3) Would you think it would be ok trying AAS again one day due to the fact of the one kidney thing, or is that affect it much?

From what i know all the above has to do with the liver but i dont want it to trickle down and kill my one kidney either. I know this is a lot to ask, but i have never got a straight answer and feel you might be straight with me. thanks

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Jeez dude.
First of all, bravo to you for hooking someone up with one of your kidneys. That makes you a hero in my book. That's why I'm going to answer your questions without being overly-judgemental.
But the first thing I'd say is... stop the damn vicodin and percocet. I know too many people who have totally destroyed their lives on that crap. (Oxycontin is probably your next step.) That stuff is way more dangerous than AAS.
As far as using AAS with one kidney, kidney complications are rare. But personally, I don't think I'd take the chance. Strive for a different type of fitness: natural muscularity/tone, abs, cardio, flexibility, etc. Instead of popping vicodin on Sundays, get outside and take up hiking or biking or kayaking, etc.
Just my .02

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have a few answers in your other thread.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
AAS, PH, whatever you want to call it does indeed pose a risk to kidney function. I've heard many cases of this, and I wouldn't write it off as "rare", in fact its quite common especially in long term users. You might be alright with on or two cycles, but if it were me I'd limit it to that. In fact, I do limit it to that and I have two healthy kidneys.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Aas can raise blood pressure. High blood pressure can damage kidneys or kidney in your case. Not worth risking in my opinion. Oh, and as the other guy said, stop the friggin pills. You did a great thing by donating a kidney so I can reasonably guess you are a half decent guy at the very least. Keep your ass alive. Not saying a couple of vics will kill you right off, but I have seen where thay can lead you. Even with you had 2 good kidneys.

HUEG

Awards
I have one kidney and am about to start my second cycle. Your primary concern should be hypertension, as that will mess your kidney up. Make sure you're keeping your BP under control and you shouldn't have any issues. Drink lots of water also.

I don't see a reason why someone with a perfectly healthy kidney is more at risk of kidney problems than someone with two. If you had a history of kidney disease or something, though, I would definitely NOT recommend it. I think the concern is that if you do develop a problem, you just don't have that extra kidney to get by with.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, as I had my kidney removed pretty much at birth, so my remaining kidney is a fair bit larger and more capable than one that has only been working double time for the last few years. Don't know if this even means anything, but thought I would throw it out there.

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
I dont think its just kidneys but if i felt I was not 100% healthy then I wouldnt go near the dark stuff.

Health is definately the most important thing. And if anything was to happen to me because of steroids then I would hate myself for risking everything just to look better.

And props for giving away your kidney. Thats truely amazing.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Jeez dude.
First of all, bravo to you for hooking someone up with one of your kidneys. That makes you a hero in my book. That's why I'm going to answer your questions without being overly-judgemental.
But the first thing I'd say is... stop the damn vicodin and percocet. I know too many people who have totally destroyed their lives on that crap. (Oxycontin is probably your next step.) That stuff is way more dangerous than AAS.
As far as using AAS with one kidney, kidney complications are rare. But personally, I don't think I'd take the chance. Strive for a different type of fitness: natural muscularity/tone, abs, cardio, flexibility, etc. Instead of popping vicodin on Sundays, get outside and take up hiking or biking or kayaking, etc.
Just my .02
Great advice. Reps~!

dpfisher

(Oxycontin is probably your next step.)
He's already taking it. He said he does CWE on percocet... I don't know what the effects are on someone with one kidney, ask a doctor maybe? I doubt most of the people here even caught what CWE and apap stand for.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
He's already taking it. He said he does CWE on percocet... I don't know what the effects are on someone with one kidney, ask a doctor maybe? I doubt most of the people here even caught what CWE and apap stand for.
You're right -- I had to wiki it.
APAP is Acetaminophen (added mainly to make it hepatoxic in large doses, theoretically preventing recreational abuse -- a retarded idea, in my opinion)
CWE is Cold Water Extraction -- a simple method for separating the hydro/oxycodone from the APAP.
I learn something new everyday I hang out here...

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, exactly 1 week ago I had my last wisdom tooth surgically extracted. (They couldn't just yank it out, because it had a long, curved root.) The doc prescribed both Motrin and Vicodin for the pain. I ended up taking neither -- not a single pill. I'm just kind of a weird cat that digs pain. So now I have a bunch of 5/500 Vicodin that some of my friends are fighting over, lol.

littlebigman7

Awards
You're right -- I had to wiki it.
APAP is Acetaminophen (added mainly to make it hepatoxic in large doses, theoretically preventing recreational abuse -- a retarded idea, in my opinion)
CWE is Cold Water Extraction -- a simple method for separating the hydro/oxycodone from the APAP.
I learn something new everyday I hang out here...
Correct above. I will listen to you guys and understand i am probably retarded for doing this which is why i asked in first place, because i thought i might be being stupid, however i also want to understand the details also. Basically CWE takes out the APAP which is the tylenol portin of a pain killer. This is the part that is serverly toxic to the liver, so i am playing it safer by taking the time to do this, what i was wondering was if whats left the "hydro" is bad for your body other than the "possible addiction" Not to sound too confident but its been 12 months and i have never strayed of the "sunday" principle, so i thought if i made it this far probably not going to get addicted or even take it to the next step. I am not too hard headed though to understand what you guys are saying is to be careful :) Im still pretty young and if i decided to do another aas cycle again i would only want to do the "safest" like primo, if that is even still around.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
I never had any kidney issues while running old school injectable gear, but had kidney problems with quite a few of these designer methyls!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the concern is that if you do develop a problem, you just don't have that extra kidney to get by with.
I think the concern should be that you don't have an extra life to get by with in the event that this current one fails. :fingersx:

littlebigman7

Awards
Just playing devils advocate for purpose of some good discussion, I am NOT arguing with any of you :). With that said, I find it funny that everyone is so gung ho on taking care of kidney becuase i have only 1, however there are many organs that we all only have 1 of (liver, heart) that we are all playing a gamble with when we do some of the stuff we do on these boards...am i right??

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Just playing devils advocate for purpose of some good discussion, I am NOT arguing with any of you :). With that said, I find it funny that everyone is so gung ho on taking care of kidney becuase i have only 1, however there are many organs that we all only have 1 of (liver, heart) that we are all playing a gamble with when we do some of the stuff we do on these boards...am i right??
But there's gotta be a reason God gave us 2 kidneys to get the job done.
Let's say, for sake of argument, that some bro had half his liver removed for whatever reason. He can still live a fine life, but the last thing I'd recommend is for him to try methylated steroids. Too damn risky. Your life is more important. Just my opinion.
And you can get in great shape without steroids. I went 46 years without using (I'm on my 2nd cycle now). 95% of what you see in my avi was attained naturally. Give it a shot.