Rest on Cyle

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
I am doing a 5 week T-roid cycle.... I am about 3.5 weeks into it and have made some great gains. Up 14lbs with only 1-2% increase in body fat.

I have been training 5 times a week as follows...

Monday - Legs
3x8 Squats
3x8 Leg Press
3x12 Leg curls
3x12 Leg extensions
3x12-15 Calf raises

Tuesday - Shoulders
3x8 Military Press
3x8 Flies
3x10 Upright rows
3x10 Shrugs
3x10 Shoulder press(machine)

Wednesday - Back
3x8 Deadlifts
3x8 Lat pull down
3x8 Side Rows
3x8 Chin ups
3x10 Row (machine)

Thursday - Chest
3x8 Bench press flat
3x8 Incline dumb bells
3x8 Decline Dumb bells
3x10 Flies

Friday - Arms/Abs
3x10 Barbell Curl
3x10 Skull crushers
3x10 Hammer curls
3x10 Tricep kick backs
Ab work (changes every week depending how I feel)

Saturday and Sunday - Rest.

I have made great gains in strength and weight but my body just feels very tired now. I have a pain in my back and my right knee feels like its going to pop forward. I have just finished training my shoulders and when I walked out of the gym my right shoulder felt like it was falling out of socket, I had to cross my arms to stop the feeling.

What should I do? Take a few more days off while on cycle? Or just power through the next 2 weeks and risk injury? I also have my PCT to do and have read I need to try and keep the weight and intensity up through this.

I have been training 4 years I now weigh 178lbs and I am 25. I have been doing the above regime for about 9 weeks now without rest.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I have the same question. Im about half way though My test C cycle and I feel so drained. Ive been hitting the gym hardcore for 6 weeks and judst feel like I need a break for a week. Would it be ok? I thought of doing alot of cardio and stuff that week to lose some BF

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
I am doing a 5 week T-roid cycle.... I am about 3.5 weeks into it and have made some great gains. Up 14lbs with only 1-2% increase in body fat.

I have been training 5 times a week as follows...

Monday - Legs
3x8 Squats
3x8 Leg Press
3x12 Leg curls
3x12 Leg extensions
3x12-15 Calf raises

Tuesday - Shoulders
3x8 Military Press
3x8 Flies
3x10 Upright rows
3x10 Shrugs
3x10 Shoulder press(machine)

Wednesday - Back
3x8 Deadlifts
3x8 Lat pull down
3x8 Side Rows
3x8 Chin ups
3x10 Row (machine)

Thursday - Chest
3x8 Bench press flat
3x8 Incline dumb bells
3x8 Decline Dumb bells
3x10 Flies

Friday - Arms/Abs
3x10 Barbell Curl
3x10 Skull crushers
3x10 Hammer curls
3x10 Tricep kick backs
Ab work (changes every week depending how I feel)

Saturday and Sunday - Rest.

I have made great gains in strength and weight but my body just feels very tired now. I have a pain in my back and my right knee feels like its going to pop forward. I have just finished training my shoulders and when I walked out of the gym my right shoulder felt like it was falling out of socket, I had to cross my arms to stop the feeling.

What should I do? Take a few more days off while on cycle? Or just power through the next 2 weeks and risk injury? I also have my PCT to do and have read I need to try and keep the weight and intensity up through this.

I have been training 4 years I now weigh 178lbs and I am 25. I have been doing the above regime for about 9 weeks now without rest.
your definately doing some high volume training but it doesnt look like your really over doing it....what i would do is take an extra day or two off and then when you restart your split put one of your rest days in on wedesday so your not training for five days in a row....i have some kind of unorthadox thoughts on pct as well....in my opinion it would be easier to keep natty test levels high and reach homeostasis quicker if you back off of your training a little during pct....just go in to the gym do a few sets to get a pump and then mabye some cardio or core work...do this for the first few weeks of pct and you wont destroy your natty test levels on a daily basis...should help you keep more of your gains....

I have the same question. Im about half way though My test C cycle and I feel so drained. Ive been hitting the gym hardcore for 6 weeks and judst feel like I need a break for a week. Would it be ok? I thought of doing alot of cardio and stuff that week to lose some BF
now you are running a longer cycle so you have a little more time on your hands...if you feel that beaten down take a few extra days off...but if your anything like me after 3-4 days your gonna be chompin at the bit to get back in the gym....but on cycle is just the same as off cycle...if your beaten down your gonna have crappy workouts and not get the gains you want...so take the time your body needs to recover...good luck guys

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
One of the nicest benefits of using testosterone is the added recovery factor....if you're feeling drained during the cycle, there is certainly an issue somewhere, whether it be overtraining, lack of proper nutrition, etc....

holy

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Mooch once again! (you seem to post on all my threads :) )

What I was thinking for PCT was to try and lift the same weights but only do 2-3 excercises a day. So for chest will probably only do Bench 3x8 at the weight I have been lifting (or try my best) then do incline press 3x8 then cable work or something.

Really want to keep my strength.

My PCT is Clomid 100/100/50/50. Was thinking of throwing some tribulus in there as well? What you think?

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
One of the nicest benefits of using testosterone is the added recovery factor....if you're feeling drained during the cycle, there is certainly an issue somewhere, whether it be overtraining, lack of proper nutrition, etc....

holy
my nutrition is where it needs to be. Im eating plenty and plenty of all the things I need. My training is Mon-chest Tues-back Wed-arms Thurs-legs Fri-shoulders. And I do 3 sets of 12 and 4 different exercises for every muscle. Dont know if thats over training or not but I wouldnt think so. The last 2 weeks ive thrown in light legs on chest day cause I have chicken legs and im trying to fix that.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
i lift every other day. fixed that beat down feeling.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
So this week im going to take it off just to re coop some and get the burned out feeling gone. But should I still be eating as much as I normally am? Or should I cut back a few calories since I wont be working out?