caffeine and back/calf pumps

kgballa

Awards
Hi, I am doing a 40 day trenadrol cycle at 90 mg a day and am just over half way through. I know from past experience that NO products will make calf pumps and back pumps much worse. I was wondering if taking caffeine for an energy boost preworkout would do the same. If not, is there anything to take along with the ph to help with energy levels? Also, what can I do to help with calf pumps other than supplementing with taurine and consuming lots of water? My pumps or more towards the sides of the shins and ankles than in my calves actually.

ibanezman08

ibanezman08

Awards
  • Established
the NO products i think might contribute to making the pumps worse but i got back pumps on treandrol also.
i don't think caffiene will make it any better or worse.

i think this might be one of the sides you're just going to have to deal with if taurine doesn't help.

kgballa

Awards
I want to be able to play basketball while on this, but the last time I tried it was unbareable calf/shin pumps. Also, I seem to have taken a preworkout stim for past few years. I guess I could cut it out but I'm afraid my workout won't be the same. Any ideas?

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
When im running a cycle and start getting pumps i use 200-400mg potassium and 500-1000mg Magnesium. Usually does the trick but you may be overdoing it on the stim, try cutting it out and see if your workouts are the same... wont result in worse pumps or anything. Calf pumps are the worst though

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Caffiene is a vasoconstrictor as opposed to NO products which are vasodialators, so you should be good to go. Just watch out for bp issues.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Caffiene is a vasoconstrictor as opposed to NO products which are vasodialators, so you should be good to go. Just watch out for bp issues.
true, if you want a little better vascularity, though not much try yohimbe in place of caffeine. its a vasodilator as well as the NO...

kgballa

Awards
When im running a cycle and start getting pumps i use 200-400mg potassium and 500-1000mg Magnesium. Usually does the trick but you may be overdoing it on the stim, try cutting it out and see if your workouts are the same... wont result in worse pumps or anything. Calf pumps are the worst though
Do you supplement those as pills? I will be eating bananas for the potassium, do I have to use pills for the Magnesium or is there a food source that will be sufficient for it? Thanks for the advice.

kgballa

Awards

I am taking support supps for bp, but what kind of specific issues should I look out for. Stuff like headaches? Btw, thanks, repped.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Do you supplement those as pills? I will be eating bananas for the potassium, do I have to use pills for the Magnesium or is there a food source that will be sufficient for it? Thanks for the advice.
I'd use or at least keep on hand a potassium pill or electrolyte rich drinks (potassium being an electrolyte). as for the magnesium green vegetables like spinach are good sources of magnesium because the center of the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium. Some beans, peas, nuts, seeds, and whole, unrefined grains are also good sources of magnesium...

Hope i helped

kgballa

Awards
I'd use or at least keep on hand a potassium pill or electrolyte rich drinks (potassium being an electrolyte). as for the magnesium green vegetables like spinach are good sources of magnesium because the center of the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium. Some beans, peas, nuts, seeds, and whole, unrefined grains are also good sources of magnesium...

Hope i helped
yes thanks man, repped. oh btw, when would you take your potassium supplement relative to your workout?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I am taking support supps for bp, but what kind of specific issues should I look out for. Stuff like headaches? Btw, thanks, repped.
Headaches and dizziness are good indicators. When my bp gets really high, it feels like my head was put in a vise. A large dose of celery seed extract will help clear up an acute episode pretty quickly (i.e. like if you just took your caffiene pill and got a wicked headache). You can always go to a local pharm and use the bp machine if you're unsure. Severe hypertension (high bp) can be dangeous. From webmd:
Hypertension: Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
One of the most dangerous aspects of hypertension is that you may not know that you have it. There are generally no symptoms of high blood pressure, so you usually don't feel it. In fact, nearly one-third of people who have hypertension don't know it. The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis. This is especially important if you have a close relative who has high blood pressure.

If your blood pressure is extremely high, there may be certain symptoms to look out for, including:

Severe headache
Fatigue or confusion
Vision problems
Chest pain
Difficulty breathing
Irregular heartbeat
Blood in the urine
If you have any of these symptoms, see a doctor immediately. You could be having a hypertensive crisis that could lead to a heart attack or stroke.

Untreated hypertension can lead to serious diseases, including stroke, heart disease, kidney failure and eye problems.
yes thanks man, repped. oh btw, when would you take your potassium supplement relative to your workout?
IIRC, take them with a meals spread out evenly throughout the day.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I usually split my doses 2-3 times a day depending regardless of pill or drink. With food i've found works best, and if you're taking a pill try to drink a decent size glass of water with it to get the proper absorption... I workout mid day usually because of my schedule and therefore take my first upon waking up (usually a pill) my second with my preworkout carb matrix (an electrolyte rich drink) and my last around early night (usually a pill, but you get tired of pills sometimes ya know? In that case go for another drink).

Pediasure is my favorite drink

kgballa

Awards
I usually split my doses 2-3 times a day depending regardless of pill or drink. With food i've found works best, and if you're taking a pill try to drink a decent size glass of water with it to get the proper absorption... I workout mid day usually because of my schedule and therefore take my first upon waking up (usually a pill) my second with my preworkout carb matrix (an electrolyte rich drink) and my last around early night (usually a pill, but you get tired of pills sometimes ya know? In that case go for another drink).

Pediasure is my favorite drink
pediasure huh? will give it a try for sure, thanks

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
pediasure huh? will give it a try for sure, thanks
PediaSure is great. Essentially, it is Gatorade for children, except it contains WAY more nutirents and electrolytes.

It run.s about 4.99-5.99 for a large bottle at Wal Mart

kgballa

Awards
PediaSure is great. Essentially, it is Gatorade for children, except it contains WAY more nutirents and electrolytes.

It run.s about 4.99-5.99 for a large bottle at Wal Mart
Bad luck I guess, but my walmart didn't have the large bottles. All it had was a 6 pack for 9.99 dollars. I decided to pass on that because I'd want more than a single a day and the cost would add up to too much.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Bad luck I guess, but my walmart didn't have the large bottles. All it had was a 6 pack for 9.99 dollars. I decided to pass on that because I'd want more than a single a day and the cost would add up to too much.
If you have a costco near you head in and look for a canister of the dry gatorade mix. lasts a good while, cant remember exact cost however. May be a better solution since you're planning a couple drinks a day. the pre bottled stuff adds up rather quick too. then again there is still the option of all pills if you dont mind throwing a few more pills into your daily collective already

kgballa

Awards
If you have a costco near you head in and look for a canister of the dry gatorade mix. lasts a good while, cant remember exact cost however. May be a better solution since you're planning a couple drinks a day. the pre bottled stuff adds up rather quick too. then again there is still the option of all pills if you dont mind throwing a few more pills into your daily collective already
I think I'll just try and get everything through whole foods. From what some ppl have told me, I should limit how much potassium I get through straight up supplementation. Don't know the truth to it, but I like bananas anyways lol.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I think I'll just try and get everything through whole foods. From what some ppl have told me, I should limit how much potassium I get through straight up supplementation. Don't know the truth to it, but I like bananas anyways lol.
Well dont hold a ton of stock necessarily in my advise. I dont know your diet, if you consume a multi, anything really. so evaluate your diet, if it is already fairly rich in the calcium and magnesium i talked about then it may not be needed at all.

kgballa

Awards
I am going to have to reformulate my original problem. What I am experiencing is not calf pumps. The pumps are occurring along my ankle to the outside of my lower legs and the shins. They're painful, and I can't flex my foot up towards my knee. I was able to bring about the pumps right now just by doing 20 ankle circles. I want to be able to play basketball lol, so I have to find a way around this. These pumps are very similar to the forearm pumps I get when lifting. I can't even hold on to light dumbbells by the end.