Is a base compound really necessary?

Bodybuilder20

Awards
Hey guys,

I recently did a post asking about pct for a cycle, and a guy brought up a good point. If this is my first cycle (and yes, my diet, fitness, and lifting are experienced so im good to go), should I use a base compound or am I essentially pissing my money away. Heres what I mean,

10 weeks of test c (500mg wk)
4-6 weeks of dbol (30-50mg daily)
10-14 weeks of eq (400 wk) waiting on more eq, all I got is 10 wks worth right now.

Anyway, what I am sayin is should I just save the eq and just use it later, rather that just stackin it all? what do you guys think. thanks for all your help, this forum is really nice with good people.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
why not just run the test and dbol? i think test needs 12 week.

ibanezman08

ibanezman08

Awards
  • Established
if it's your first cycle, eq is not necessary and you'll get amazing gains on just test and dbol.

TheBigGuy6923

Awards
Test and Dbol gave me about 20lbs of muscle my first cycle. I doubt adding EQ would have given me any more gains and it just means more shots and better chance of having a reaction to the gear on your first cycle.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
eq is a pretty subtle compound...if you were going to add anything into a first cycle this would be what id choose...

shaw001

shaw001

Awards
It is your first cycle. I will give you a few reasons why you should keep it simple.

1. sides- the less compounds used, the easier it is to identify what you are reacting to in terms of side effects.
2. sensitivity- your receptors are "virgin" to the use of AAS. You only need 500mg test e/c a week to see great results. ( I have personally used 250mg per week and because my diet and training were on point I gained very well!)
3. cycle length- yes EQ is mild, but it needs to be run for longer that 12 weeks. I personally feel your first cycle should be 8-10 weeks, thus advisable to leave the EQ for another time.
4. You have never pinned before. Keep it simple, two jabs of test, mon and thurs, 250mg each per week. do you really want to be jabbing multiple times and multiple areas on your FIRST cycle?
5. adding more compounds could shut you down very hard, dont go there, when you dont have to!

All experienced users will agree that for a first cycle it is best to keep it simple... 500mg test per week will give you great gains, no need to complicate things.

what is your pct protocol going to be like? very important for getting your natty test back and keeping gains.

unemployedcon

Awards
way back when, my first cycle was test, dbol, deca and i regret taking three compounds. i think i would have had just as good results with just dbol and test. honestly i think for a first cycle one compound is good enough, ie just test and go from there if you decide to keep cycling.