what keeps one from growing ?
- 12-07-2003, 12:44 PM
- 12-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by raybravo
what ive seen in most people is , as soon as they see a stop in growth , the only solution they seem to be able to come up with is "increase dose of steroid used !" , we never sit back and look at other factors we can work on to beat the homeostasis , i happen to be jobless enuf to think about this lol , and when i was looking for info , here's something nice i found , written by bryan haycock :
"If you aren't growing it is because:
1) You aren't lifting enough weight (load)
2) You aren't lifting it enough times (volume)
3) You aren't training frequently enough
4) You aren't eating enough and/or eating properly
5) RBE has made your muscle tissue resistant to furhter growth (you must SD)
6) You are as big as your endocrine system and hypertrophy-specific training can support. (You would be pretty big already if this is the case) "
*SD= strategic deconditioning (giving the body a rest from training, read more at haycock's site www.hypertrophyspecific.com if u want ).
would like to see some more inputs on what can be done to beat homeostasis , all inputs appreciated . <!--Signature-->
1) You are lifting TOO much weight (load)
2) You are lifting TOO many times (volume)
3) You are training TOO frequently (rest)
- 12-07-2003, 09:56 PM
if ure lifting too much weight , that is excerting urself to the max , u cant do too much volume , and if ure doing it too frequenty , with high volume , the nervous system gets in the way of increasing the loads used ...it gets over trained . either way , u can balance this out by increasing the food intake , the amount of anabolic steroids , sleep , being meticulous in every other way to balance out the equation , but the question is , can u do it ? the body cannot lift the heaviest loads ,again and again(volume) frequently , cos there is only so much it can take ...
12-07-2003, 09:58 PM
I think people need to read more of Haycock's concepts and info on HST. It helps explain the reasons Ray presented.
Similar Forum Threads
- By birdmane in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-22-2011, 09:36 PM
- By jack7286 in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2011, 12:50 PM
- By hulky10 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
- By atlbrvfan in forum AnabolicsReplies: 14Last Post: 04-29-2006, 10:08 AM
- By Bryan in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 05-02-2003, 09:52 AM