what keeps one from growing ?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. not everything on that list applies to everyone , number 2 and 3 would simply apply to someone doing less , simple as that , its just identifying the problem and fixing it ...also , keep in mind bryan is talking to the hyertrophy specific training followers when saying that.

2. Originally posted by raybravo
    what ive seen in most people is , as soon as they see a stop in growth , the only solution they seem to be able to come up with is "increase dose of steroid used !" , we never sit back and look at other factors we can work on to beat the homeostasis , i happen to be jobless enuf to think about this lol , and when i was looking for info , here's something nice i found , written by bryan haycock :

"If you aren't growing it is because:
    1) You aren't lifting enough weight (load)
    2) You aren't lifting it enough times (volume)
    3) You aren't training frequently enough
    4) You aren't eating enough and/or eating properly
    5) RBE has made your muscle tissue resistant to furhter growth (you must SD)
    6) You are as big as your endocrine system and hypertrophy-specific training can support. (You would be pretty big already if this is the case) "

*SD= strategic deconditioning (giving the body a rest from training, read more at haycock's site www.hypertrophyspecific.com if u want ).

would like to see some more inputs on what can be done to beat homeostasis , all inputs appreciated . <!--Signature-->
    How bout this?

1) You are lifting TOO much weight (load)
    2) You are lifting TOO many times (volume)
    3) You are training TOO frequently (rest)
    •   

3. if ure lifting too much weight , that is excerting urself to the max , u cant do too much volume , and if ure doing it too frequenty , with high volume , the nervous system gets in the way of increasing the loads used ...it gets over trained . either way , u can balance this out by increasing the food intake , the amount of anabolic steroids , sleep , being meticulous in every other way to balance out the equation , but the question is , can u do it ? the body cannot lift the heaviest loads ,again and again(volume) frequently , cos there is only so much it can take ...

4. I think people need to read more of Haycock's concepts and info on HST. It helps explain the reasons Ray presented.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 09:36 PM
  2. Whats best way to keep gains from Dbol?
    By jack7286 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 12:50 PM
  3. Keeping Nuts From Shrinking+Stomach Growing
    By hulky10 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
  4. What could one expect from this?
    By atlbrvfan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 10:08 AM
  5. How to keep oil from getting rancid ?
    By Bryan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 09:52 AM