Self Injections

asavage24

Awards
Hey Guys,
Im starting my Test E and Deca Cycle soon. just wondering how i should dose them. ive never done 2 compounds at once before. do i do the test and deca injections on the same day? can i put them together in the same syringe (i have heard of people doing that)? what is a common dosage protocol?
Also i am planning on self injecting my quad. i hear the outside of the quad, half way between the knee and hip is the sweet spot. how do i check to make sure i didnt hit a vein? i am seriously sketched out about it since this is my first time injecting myself (other cycles done by friends in the delt). i know you can run into some serious problems if you inject oil based compounds into a vein or artery.

Thanks

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
When the needle is all the way in, firmly hold the syringe with one hand, and pull up on the plunger with the other hand. Wait a few seconds. If you're in a vein, the syringe will fill up with blood. Take the needle out and start all over again. Usually, if you've gone deep enough, this should not be an issue.

You can do the injections on the same day if you want, or on different days. It really doesn't matter, just so long as you have the correct dosing frequency. I would not mix them in the same syringe, though. Reason being is that you will run the risk of diluting whatever vial you draw from second when you try to measure it out.

asavage24

Awards
thanks for the info... what happens if im not in a vein when i pull up on the plunger? does the syringe fill up with anything? sorry if this is a dumb question

Formula94

Formula94

Awards
If you are new to steroids, this FAQ should answer your injection questions. We will start with a few definitions.......

1) 1cc = 1ml , 100units = 1cc (insulin syringe, but 1iu DOES NOT EQUAL 1unit!!!

2) Gauge: The thickness of the needle. The smaller the gauge, the thicker the needle. An 18g is much thicker than a 22g. You will typically use a 25g or a 23g for injecting, and a 22g or larger for drawing.

3) Drawing: the act of sucking up the steroid from the bottle into the syringe. A "drawing needle" is a needle tip that is used to draw the oil up faster, but you will take off and replace with a smaller guage needle for the actual injecting.

4) Length: Generally 1.5" or 1" for our purposes. 5/8" is sometimes used for intramuscular "spot shots". Spot shots are designed to bring up lagging body parts by injecting into smaller muscles. Growth hormone, IGF-1, and other things injected subcutaneously are done with insulin syringes that have a 1/2 inch length.

5) YES, you can mix water and oil-based steroids in the same syringe.

6) intramuscular (IM) injection: A technique to deliver a medication into muscle tissue for it's eventual absorption into the systemic circulation. Steroids, both oil and water-based, are administered this way.

7) subcutaneous (sub-q) injection: A technique to deliver a medication into the soft tissue (fat) immediately underlying the skin. Insulin, HCG, and HGH are typically administered this way.

8) aspiration: To aspirate is to withdraw fluid with a syringe. More specifically, after inserting the needle, pulling back on the plunger of the syringe for a few seconds to see if the needle is in a blood vessel. Rarely, this will be the case and a bit of blood will fill the syringe. If this happens the needle should be removed, replaced with a new one, and another injection site should be used. And yes, if there is a little blood in your syringe, it is ok to inject it along with your steroid once you have found a different spot..........it's your own blood isn't it?

Formula94

Formula94

Awards
A q&a
I want to mix two different steroids and combine them into one syringe. How do I do this?
Let's say you want 1cc of deca and 1cc of test. First, draw 1cc of air and inject into your vial of deca. Withdraw 1cc of deca and pull the needle out. With the needle pointing up, draw 1cc of air into your syringe (your plunger will be at the 2cc mark - 1cc of deca in it and 1cc of air you just drew into it). With the needle pointing up, inject that 1cc of air into your vial of test. Withdraw 1cc of test. You now have 1cc of deca and 1cc of test in the same syringe. Don't forget to change the needle before you inject.

Formula94

Formula94

Awards
Instructions for first-timers.....

Step 1
Wash your hands.
Step 2
Wipe the top of the vial of medication for injection with an alcohol swab.
Step 3
Remove the needle guard from the needle and syringe, saving the needle guard. Be sure you are using a proper syringe for intramuscular injections. Pull back on the syringe plunger to draw up an amount of air equal to the amount of medication that your doctor has prescribed for injection. For example, if you want to inject 2ccs of oil, then pull back 2ccs of air.
Step 4
Holding the vial of medication in an upright position, insert the needle straight through the center of the rubber stopper in the vial. Then push the plunger to discharge all the air into the vial.
Step 5
With the needle in the vial, turn the vial upside down and hold it in one hand. The tip of the needle should be in the solution. Using your free hand, pull the plunger back in a slow, continuous motion until you have drawn into the syringe the amount of medication that your doctor has prescribed.
Step 6
If air bubbles have formed in the syringe, dislodge them by gently tapping the syringe with your free hand while continuing to hold the syringe and vial in the inverted position. Bubbles should rise to the top of the syringe, and then you can push them back into the vial by moving the plunger. Double check to make sure you have the correct amount of medication in the syringe. If necessary, draw more solution into the syringe.
Step 7
Remove the needle from the vial. With the needle pointing upwards, pull back on the plunger until all oil from the needle has been pulled back into the syringe. Unscrew needle from syringe and replace with a brand new, preferrably smaller needle. Replace needle guard.
Step 8
Prepare the injection site by cleaning the area with an alcohol swab. To do this start at the center, apply pressure, and cleanse in a circular motion working outward. Do not retrace your steps.
Step 9
Wait a few seconds until the alcohol has dried. This reduces the sting. Remove the needle guard from the needle and syringe. With the needle pointing upwards, tap the syringe to dislodge the air bubbles and push the air out of the needle until you see a tiny drop of oil start to form at the tip. Hold the syringe as you would a pencil.
Step 10
Holding the syringe at a right angle (perpendicular) to the prepared injection site and insert the needle.
Step 11
When the needle is in place, slowly pull back on the plunger to see if any blood flows into the syringe. If some blood does enter the syringe (a rare occurrence), remove the needle, replace the needle with a new one, find another area to inject. Repeat Step 8.
Step 12
If no blood enters the syringe, slowly inject the medication by gently pushing the plunger until the syringe is empty.
Step 13
Remove the needle quickly. Apply pressure to the injection site with your alcohol swab. You're done. Massage the area. Now go do the most important parts - eat and train!
Injecting Procedures

All oil based and water based anabolic steroids should be taken intramuscularly. This means the shot must penetrate the skin and subcutaneous tissue to enter the muscle itself. Intramuscular injections are used when prompt absorption is desired, when larger doses are needed than can be given cutaneously or when a drug is too irritating to be given subcutaneously. The common sites for intramuscular injectons include the buttock, lateral side of the thigh, and the deltoid region of the arm. Muscles in these areas, especially the gluteal muscles in the buttock, are fairly thick. Because of the large number of muscle fibers and extensive fascia, (fascia is a type of connective tissue that surrounds and separates muscles) the drug has a large surface area for absorption. Absorption is further promoted by the extensive blood supply to muscles. Ideally, intramuscular injections should be given deep within the muscle and away from major nerves and blood vessels.

The best site for steroid injections is in the gluteus medius muscle which is located in the upper outer quadrant of the buttock. The iliac crest serves as a landmark for this quadrant. The spot for an injection in an adult is usually to 7 1/2 centimeters (2 to 3 inches) below the iliac crest. The iliac crest is the top of the pelvic girdle on the posterior (back) side. You can find the iliac crest by feeling the uppermost bony area above each gluteal muscle. The upper outer quadrant is chosen because the muscle in this area is quite thick and has few nerves. The probability of injecting the drug into a blood vessel is remote in this area. Injecting here reduces the chance of injury to the sciatic nerve which runs through the lower and middle area of the buttock. It controls the posterior of each thigh and the entire leg from the knee down. If an injection is too close to this nerve or actually hits it, extreme pain and temporary paralysis can be felt in these areas. This is especially undesirable and warrants staying as far away from this area as possible.

asavage24

Awards
thanks guys for all your help. it is greatly appreciated.