1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

New England Patriots

I am a big time Steelers fan but must give props to the Patriots in how strong they look on both sides of the ball so far this season. To this point they look like the "85" Bears and the "84" 49ers combined. I also believe however that the good AFC teams will be a better barometer for accurately assessing how good they truly are over they next 4 weeks. What are your thoughts.

"Go Steelers"

:bruce3:

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.72%

Brady is on fire. 21 TDs in 6 games?!?! Phenomenal!
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.07%

I think the only really good team they play in the next 4 weeks will be the Colts, that's going to be a hell of a game. The Dolphins, as we all know, don't have a chance seeing as they can't win a single game, and the Redskins are kind of in the middle, even though I don't think they have a chance, they have been doing a little better lately almost upsetting the Packers and sitting pretty with a 3-2 record.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The Patriots are truly an impressive team but the match up in Indy will be the test. If they can beat Indy on the road the same place they lost in the championship game last year theres nothing that will stop them. This by no means says I like the Patriots but gotta state the obvious.

Now can they beat the colts? Of course. Now will they beat the Colts? No. Why? simply because the Colts can manage a game clock much more efficently than the Pats. With Addai and the brain of Manning the Colts will eliminate the Pats top and force Brady to try and keep up and eliminate his love with short passes that open up plays to 1 of the 3 horseman down the field (Moss, Welker, Stallworth.) Baring any injuries to the Colts defensive run stoppers, i.e Bob Sanders, Im taking the Colts.
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.72%

It will be a good game. Since they are both offensive threats, it will come down to defense. And I think the Pats have the upper hand.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%

I would give the offensive upper hand to the Colts with Clark and Addai (especially now that he is in his second year.) Defense definitely goes to the Pats but Manning knows how to deal with defenses.

God I cant wait for week 9
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    The Patriots are truly an impressive team but the match up in Indy will be the test. If they can beat Indy on the road the same place they lost in the championship game last year theres nothing that will stop them. This by no means says I like the Patriots but gotta state the obvious.

Now can they beat the colts? Of course. Now will they beat the Colts? No. Why? simply because the Colts can manage a game clock much more efficently than the Pats. With Addai and the brain of Manning the Colts will eliminate the Pats top and force Brady to try and keep up and eliminate his love with short passes that open up plays to 1 of the 3 horseman down the field (Moss, Welker, Stallworth.) Baring any injuries to the Colts defensive run stoppers, i.e Bob Sanders, Im taking the Colts.
    I completely disagree......I don't think there is any team in football this year that manages a game clock better than the pats. The pats are a MUCH better team than they were last year in ALL areas of their game....especially offensively. It's funny how when brady was finally given great receivers look what his stats are this year.....they're unreal(21TD, 2 INTS, 1,771 Passing yrds, QB rating:128.9)...and that's only through 6 games!!! I don't think indy has the depth in their game to overcome new england on anyside of the ball. New England's game is just simply too dynamic for indy this year. It will be close, but the pats will take the game. 34-24 pats is my prediction. It will be a great game and i look forward to it.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%

Can't deny that Brady is inhuman through week 6 (but hes faced some questionable defenses at best) and can't forget about Peyton who has quietly put up impressive numbers 110 rating 10-2 tds-int (without Marvin and Addai for multiple games.) I like the Colts as far as game managment goes for the simple fact that they will have more weapons when they play Pats specifically Addai and Clark (I think clark is actually leading the team with 5 tds.)

Either way it could come down to who can make more bigger plays. Its going to be one hell of a game and has the potential to be better than the super bowl.

2 AFC teams facing each other > 1 AFC and 1 NFC team
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

If the Colts can't beat them then only the Patriots will be able to beat themselves.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    If the Colts can't beat them then only the Patriots will be able to beat themselves.
    IDK man, week 11 vs the Bills could be a real challenge..

Only other game they would have a chance of loosing would be the Steelers or potentially any game after week 11 after they clinch.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.07%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    IDK man, week 11 vs the Bills could be a real challenge..
    Sarcasm??
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%

just a tad
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%

Brady 27 TD passes win 2 INT. are you kidding, me He will smash Mannings record..
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.59%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    Brady 27 TD passes win 2 INT. are you kidding, me He will smash Mannings record..
    Those are Playstation numbers, just freaking insane. We always wondered what he would do if he had receivers like Manning and we're finding out now.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.05%

I am a big giants fan and they have an amazing push here in the first half. (Hopefully Eli can play well the whole season)

As far as the pats go, if they can get past the colts, i cant see one team that would give them a good game. Besides Tom Brady being arguably the best QB in the NFL, the offesive weapons are too good. An average QB could throw the ball up to Randy Moss and Dante Stallworth, but the fact that Tom Brady is distributing the pigskin makes them that more dominant
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    Who said he wouldn't/at least didn't have a chance?

And those aren't even playstation numbers, those are straight up N64 Blitz 2000 numbers lol.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.05%

The pats are dirty. They should have never let brady get a hold of stud players like Moss, welker and stallworth. Im telling you right now no team is going to beat the patroits. The offence is unbelievable and the defence is a lot better than average. A team would have to have a freak game just to get close to patroits status!!!!
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well the a patriots lit up the 5th ranked nfl defense like a christmas tree today 52-7.....almost like a college score in an nfl game. Bring on the colts because they're leaving losers yet again at the hand of the new england patriots.

Legendary

19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Well the a patriots lit up the 5th ranked nfl defense like a christmas tree today 52-7.....almost like a college score in an nfl game. Bring on the colts because they're leaving losers yet again at the hand of the new england patriots.
    no one can stop the patriots.............they don't just win by a touchdown they obliterate any ****in team they play.

like i do in madden online............
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    no one can stop the patriots.............they don't just win by a touchdown they obliterate any ****in team they play.

like i do in madden online............
    Lol yeah bro.......the boston massacre train heads to indy to let peyton witness for himself the best team in the nfl.....the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS BABY!!

Legendary

21. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.12%

Nothing can stop the machine that is the New England Patriots.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As I said in the begining of this thread, at this point they look like a combination of the "84" 49ers and the "85" Bears. However, they have been playing teams that just aren't that good other than the Cowboys with their questionable defense and to their credit they are spanking them. The other thing is they are making enemies in the process and while Brady hasn't been touched too much as of yet, the time will come. One cheap shot and your season could be over.

23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    As I said in the begining of this thread, at this point they look like a combination of the "84" 49ers and the "85" Bears. However, they have been playing teams that just aren't that good other than the Cowboys with their questionable defense and to their credit they are spanking them. The other thing is they are making enemies in the process and while Brady hasn't been touched too much as of yet, the time will come. One cheap shot and your season could be over.

the steelers did that to carson palmer 2 years ago. took his knee right out. it might have looked like an accident but i'm not sure it was.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.5%

they look like a combination of the "84" 49ers and the "85" Bears
    so you're comparing Maroney (or however you spell it) to Roger Craig and/or Walter Peyton? I personally don't see any resemblance other than that you listed 3 prolific teams.

Also, defensively, those were 4-3 teams and NE is 3-4... COMPLETELY different personel wise and philosophically defensively. Here's another difference, 85 bears had SPECTACULAR return game and kicker. NE is about mediocre in both of those respects.

...Brady hasn't been touched too much as of yet, the time will come. One cheap shot and your season could be over.
    I see you pay attention when Merril Hoge talks on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I agree with this. They convert on 3rd down, the get their D off the field on 3rd down, capitalize on turnovers, and rarely have drive killing penalties. In other words, the stupid mistakes are what makes them elite as compared to JUST above average.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%

I agree, it's different to beat a team good, but to humilate a team like they did on Sunday disrespects the sport.. it like stealing and bunting when your up by 12 or 13 runs... it's just not done.. it shows a total lack of class by Belicheck... teams might not be able to beat them, but if I was a coach .. I would be pissed and tell my defense I don't care if we get 3 or 4 personal fouls .. I want Brady laying on a stretcher by the end of the game..they keep piling on teams like this ... and it's going to happen.. they are Super bowl team with out a doubt.. and I see no one able to beat them at all... but show some class on the way ...JMO
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

[QUOTE=celc5;1068018]so you're comparing Maroney (or however you spell it) to Roger Craig and/or Walter Peyton? I personally don't see any resemblance other than that you listed 3 prolific teams.

What I meant by that is that they resemble the 49ers on offense and the Bears on defense regarding overall effectiveness. Of course it's all relative.

27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.97%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

hell of a team, not a fan, but a lot of respect to that team. I am torn on them v. the colts. Whoever wins has a chance to go 16-0
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

And....the PATRIOTS BEAT THE COLTS AGAIN HAHA!!! GO PATS BABY!!!!!!!

Legendary

29. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.12%

And....the PATRIOTS BEAT THE COLTS AGAIN HAHA!!! GO PATS BABY!!!!!!!
    LOL...again? what happened last year in the playoffs?...you know, when it really counts.

I'm convinced that I could throw 40 TDs with that offense. Here is the play: Drop back 3 steps, find Moss, throw as high as i can and pray he catches it.

Seriously though, that was a nice come back win.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    LOL...again? what happened last year in the playoffs?...you know, when it really counts.

I'm convinced that I could throw 40 TDs with that offense. Here is the play: Drop back 3 steps, find Moss, throw as high as i can and pray he catches it.

Seriously though, that was a nice come back win.
    Yeah last years loss was tough and in all reality they shouldn't have lost that game and completely melted down. Come on now the pats beat the colts in plenty of playoff games. Look at the stats over the past 5 years and the patriots own the colts.
    Last edited by Trauma1; 11-05-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Legendary

31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.59%

That was a good game. I can't believe the Colts lost a 20-10 lead in the 4th quarter, at home ! This game could very well be the one that determines who gets home field advantage throughout the play-offs.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.14%

It was interesting to see the vaunted NE offense finally grounded just a tad. In all reality the reason the Pats won that game was that there D made the plays they had too. Manning's two INTs were HUGE (even if one was returned by Brady that had to be a momentum breaker and confidence shaker.) With 2:40 left and 2 T/O I was expecting Manning to drive down the field.

That was a classic game of both excellent offenses and defenses (speed defenses are awesome to watch like the colts.) Another positive is picking the Colts with the point spread in my Pick Em league w00t!
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The difference in the game was Randy Moss. When it came down to it, the Colts had no answer for him. Good game, lived up to the hype.

34. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.12%

The difference in the game was Randy Moss. When it came down to it, the Colts had no answer for him. Good game, lived up to the hype.
    When he plays hard, no matter what team he's on, he's unstoppable. The pats have been a good team for players like him..see Corey Dillon.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.23%

Revenge will be great for the horseshoes my friends. The absence of Marvin Harrison seemed to me like it was a little much as the offense didn't play close to as well as it can (with the exception of joe)
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

Quote Originally Posted by larue38462 View Post
    Revenge will be great for the horseshoes my friends. The absence of Marvin Harrison seemed to me like it was a little much as the offense didn't play close to as well as it can (with the exception of joe)
    How about all the years brady beat the colts with "average" receivers that certainly weren't marvin harrison status. Harrison played in those games and they still lost. Sounds like an excuse to me, but the truth of the matter is that good teams find ways to win.....
    Last edited by Trauma1; 11-07-2007 at 01:37 PM.

Legendary

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You know it's funny, if not for Willie McGinnest (sp) in 2001 we might be having a totally different conversation now.

38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.08%

Im bias, but the new offensive philosophies for both teams just might work in the favour of the Colts come January in Foxboro if it happens. The Colts have proved they can play smashmouth football and the Pats are now the kings of aerial assault.

Sure it wasnt snowing like those years ago but the Colts have won the last two meetings at NE and it was pretty cold on those nights!
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.23%

How about all the years brady beat the colts with "average" receivers that certainly weren't marvin harrison status. Harrison played in those games and they still lost. Sounds like an excuse to me, but the truth of the matter is that good teams find ways to win.....

How about all those years that the Pats edged the Colts while the Colts played with one of the 5 worst defensive units in the league. You can pick and choose your battles. The Colts had a great offense in those days while the Pats certainly had a top 3 defensive team. The Colts now have a defense and all I'm sayin is that Marvin opens up a new game and leaves a linebacker covering Dallas Clark and opens up the field for Reggie Wayne. I won't make excuses, the Pats won fair and square, but anyone who knows anything about this matchup knows that the presence of Marvin Harrison alone totally changes the strategy of both teams while Indy has the ball.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.08%

Quote Originally Posted by larue38462 View Post
    How about all those years that the Pats edged the Colts while the Colts played with one of the 5 worst defensive units in the league. You can pick and choose your battles. The Colts had a great offense in those days while the Pats certainly had a top 3 defensive team. The Colts now have a defense and all I'm sayin is that Marvin opens up a new game and leaves a linebacker covering Dallas Clark and opens up the field for Reggie Wayne. I won't make excuses, the Pats won fair and square, but anyone who knows anything about this matchup knows that the presence of Marvin Harrison alone totally changes the strategy of both teams while Indy has the ball.
    Good point, no way Rodney Harrison covers Dallas Clark all game again when Marvin is healthy.

Similar Forum Threads

1. New England Patriots 16-0....Perfect!
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 05:38 PM
  2. New England Patriots Vs the Oakland Raiders
    By oswizzle in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 01:34 AM
  3. New England Bodybuilding, Figure, Fitness
    By Beowulf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:47 PM
  4. Replies: 1