Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm not a Colts or Patriots fan but I can't wait until they play in the AFC Championship game, aka the real Super Bowl.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I'm not a Colts or Patriots fan but I can't wait until they play in the AFC Championship game, aka the real Super Bowl.
    I love assumptions, let's talk about this in 4 weeks. Things could be different

:bruce3:
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.77%

I agree....I can't say for sure that the Colts will get to the AFC Championship game. I hate the pats w/ a passion, but I must admit they're the most potent and well rounded team to play in the NFL in any season that I've witnessed.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by larue38462 View Post
    Revenge will be great for the horseshoes my friends. The absence of Marvin Harrison seemed to me like it was a little much as the offense didn't play close to as well as it can (with the exception of joe)
    Good point man... you could tell Peyton ran out of options in the second half when Gonzalez went down as well.

In response to the whoever said Brady was good even with mediocre receivers in the past (not the exact words but it was implied), I disagree. MOST of those guys went on to get big contracts on other teams so someone thought those guys were better than mediocre. IMO they were the fastest set of recievers in the league. Take away 2 of any QB's top 4 receivers and his options will certainly be limited.

How long ago was this game? Must've been a good one if we're still discussing it... Fastone, you instigated some good discussion with this thread bro!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Good point man... you could tell
    In response to the whoever said Brady was good even with mediocre receivers in the past (not the exact words but it was implied), I disagree. MOST of those guys went on to get big contracts on other teams so someone thought those guys were better than mediocre. IMO they were the fastest set of recievers in the league. Take away 2 of any QB's top 4 receivers and his options will certainly be limited.
    I said it and no offense but give me a break bro. The fastest receivers in the league? I think not. They were decent but certainly not a wayne or harrison. Face the facts that when manning didn't have his probowl receivers to throw to he looked as mortal as any average quarterback in pro football. Peyton is good, but brady has a calm leadership demeanor to him that manning can't touch in this lifetime....plus the best part is he NEVER beat the gators haha!
    Last edited by Trauma1; 11-30-2007 at 03:40 AM.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.69%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Good point man... you could tell Peyton ran out of options in the second half when Gonzalez went down as well.

How long ago was this game? Must've been a good one if we're still discussing it... Fastone, you instigated some good discussion with this thread bro!

HUH

Hows it working out for them now. I can only think of 2 recievers from NE that got decent contracts, and nether are doing much.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%

Branch, Patton, and Givens on the 2004 roster were not as talented as Wayne/Harrison but they were lightening fast dude. I'll stick to my story on that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Troy Brown and Patton were the go to guys for the first Super Bowl. That a-hole Troy Brown could carry a whole team on his back if he wanted.

Eh, I guess I'm just name dropping a little at this point. I totally see your point rugger about "where are they now." The thing is, you can't compare now to when they were in their prime... that means just cause Joey Porter and Dante Culpepper suck now that they were never spectacular at some point?

Edit: newsflash, pats just resigned Troy Brown. Not sure if that means much today, but it's ironic (considering the nature of my post) nonetheless
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Branch, Patton, and Givens on the 2004 roster were not as talented as Wayne/Harrison but they were lightening fast dude. I'll stick to my story on that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Troy Brown and Patton were the go to guys for the first Super Bowl. That a-hole Troy Brown could carry a whole team on his back if he wanted.

Eh, I guess I'm just name dropping a little at this point. I totally see your point rugger about "where are they now." The thing is, you can't compare now to when they were in their prime... that means just cause Joey Porter and Dante Culpepper suck now that they were never spectacular at some point?

Edit: newsflash, pats just resigned Troy Brown. Not sure if that means much today, but it's ironic (considering the nature of my post) nonetheless
    The bottom line is.......brady knows how to turn a good team into a dynasty!

Legendary

9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.77%

I agree that Peyton didnt exactly produce great numbers with his 4th and 5th string wr's in the game. Anyone that expects more than what he did with those guys in the game doesn't know anything about football.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    I love assumptions, let's talk about this in 4 weeks. Things could be different

I could end up making an a$$ out of myself but that hasn't stopped me before The Colts really miss Dwight Freeney. Pittsburgh and possibly Jacksonville could throw a monkey wrench to the Colts-Patriots AFC Championship game showdown but you're right, there's still a lot of football to play.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    The bottom line is.......brady knows how to turn a good team into a dynasty!

I think you are giving Tom Brady a little too much credit. Not to take too much away from his hard work but It's the Patriot organization that has made this happen. Let their O line crack a bit and Tommy boy not have time to brush his teeth before throwing the ball all day then tell me what Brady knows.

12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

I think you are giving Tom Brady a little too much credit. Not to take too much away from his hard work but It's the Patriot organization that has made this happen. Let their O line crack a bit and Tommy boy not have time to brush his teeth before throwing the ball all day then tell me what Brady knows.

I think people don't give brady enough credit sometimes. Yes the organization as a whole has formed a great team. I'll admit philly gave them a good game, but seriously the pats game in general was off that night. You can't blow a team out every week. Even good teams can have bad weeks. All that matters is they won in the end and that's what great teams do.....and the pats have been doing it for quite a while now.....

Legendary

13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

........still undefeated haha

Legendary

14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    ........still undefeated haha
    that was one of the most entertaining football games I've seen on Monday night. I hate both teams to be honest. But as an nfl fan, I like the style of Wes Welker (reminds me of Hines Ward) and Willis McGahee (unique combination of toughness and agility). Hats off to both teams for a hard hitting game.

Oh ya, shame on the offensive coordinator for Baltimore for throwing inside the 30.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

Brady and the pats looked great today and totally dominated the second half of the game. These 2007 New England Patriots just continue to amaze me!

Legendary

16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

As much as I dislike them, they are out of this world
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

The last 3 games Brady has been hurried,pressured and sacked

result 3 wins..Tom is 5 TD passes from the record he clearly has to be mentioned with the all tiime greats..
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    As much as I dislike them, they are out of this world
    Why are they so disliked ? they dont taunt,or trash talk before game (Anthony Smith) but then again your a
    steeler fan and the Pats have had your number since 2001 I would hate tem too..
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    Why are they so disliked ? they dont taunt,or trash talk before game (Anthony Smith) but then again your a
    As I recall, the Steelers have ended the Pats win streaks twice in the last 3 years. I hardly call that having our number. You have a patronizing (pun intended) demeanor with your arrogant undertones and that's why I don't like you or the Patriots
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.45%

I hate the Patroits but who is Anthony Smith to talk crap. He's only been starting for a few games. and he wouldn't even be in there if it wasn't for the injury of Troy Polamalu. Troy may have also prevented that trick play. But i have to admit the Pats are a badass team (as much as i hate them), and thanks to watching Tom Brady kick everyone's @$$, i'm finally able to throw a perfect spiral with the football,... sometimes.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.88%

I'm not a Patriots fan but I like them because they are great at covering the spread
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%

I think there is definitely a subversive air of arrogance this year which was not there previous years. That stems from the Coach down. Bellichek is by far the most arrogant and condescending coach in the league. And, to combat the 'asterisk' he is intentionally leaving his starters in to run up scores on foregone games-that's the definition of arrogance right there.

Now, none of this unfortunately takes anything away from the skill of the Pats. They wouldn't be in a position to run up the score if they were not so talented. However, skill does not mean they aren't douchebags. Which they are.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%

then again your a
    Im pretty sure the Steelers won the super bowl in 2006...
  24. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I think there is definitely a subversive air of arrogance this year which was not there previous years. That stems from the Coach down. Bellichek is by far the most arrogant and condescending coach in the league. And, to combat the 'asterisk' he is intentionally leaving his starters in to run up scores on foregone games-that's the definition of arrogance right there.

Now, none of this unfortunately takes anything away from the skill of the Pats. They wouldn't be in a position to run up the score if they were not so talented. However, skill does not mean they aren't douchebags. Which they are.
    Every interview that I have seen with Brady/Moss they have seemed very humble imo, could that be total BS? Absolutely.

This is the NFL dude, made up of a bunch of millionaires, they are ALL arrogant douchebags no matter the front they show the media...
  25. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%

Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Every interview that I have seen with Brady/Moss they have seemed very humble imo, could that be total BS? Absolutely.

This is the NFL dude, made up of a bunch of millionaires, they are ALL arrogant douchebags no matter the front they show the media...
    True, I would say that a majority of players may be egotistical or neurotic, however, that not withstanding, a certain sense of professional respect is usually given. The cliched 'unwritten rules' of certain sports. In every sport, every level, you show some opponents some respect for their dignity and do not unnecessarily run up the score.
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    Im pretty sure the Steelers won the super bowl in 2006...

The Steelers did not play the Pats in the post season in 2006

Head to head they have met 6 times and the Pats are 5-1 with 2 of those in the Championshp game..
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%

Head to head they have met 6 times and the Pats are 5-1 with 2 of those in the Championshp game..
    So apparently the Pats didn't have anyone's number in 06....
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Actually they have met 23 times and the Steelers have a 13-10 edge.

29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Actually they have met 23 times and the Steelers have a 13-10 edge.

If you go back and read the post it said since 2001..Maybe too much creatine caused you not to see that
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    So apparently the Pats didn't have anyone's number in 06....

Ya I know it sux when someone corrects you,it's ok
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%

Ya I know it sux when someone corrects you,it's ok
    This was a pretty good thread until you started posting with an arrogant tone. You're the perfect example of why no one likes the Pats becaue you're acting just like they do.
  32. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

This was a pretty good thread until you started posting with an arrogant tone. You're the perfect example of why no one likes the Pats becaue you're acting just like they do.
    Nice try,no one likes them because they win plain and simple.
    All im doing is correcting the inaccurate post's that is all
    maybe you should go watch some tennis
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

In which part of this post did you mention 2001?, just curious.

34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%

Nice try,no one likes them because they win plain and simple.
    All im doing is correcting the inaccurate post's that is all
    maybe you should go watch some tennis
    Tennis? Ha! I wouldn't even need a racket. Hell, I'll whoop you with a frying pan. That is, if someone could drag you away from manipulating stats in your own favor and from sucking on Brady's nutsack
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%

Tennis? Ha! I wouldn't even need a racket. Hell, I'll whoop you with a frying pan. That is, if someone could drag you away from manipulating stats in your own favor and from sucking on Brady's nutsack
    Armed to the teeth.
  36. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.37%

?...Mature guys here...
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

14-0

Legendary

38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

In which part of this post did you mention 2001?, just curious.

Here was the original post

Originally Posted by MaDmaN

You must of missed that..
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%

Manipulate this

40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

15-0......on the brink of perfection!! Brady needs one td to tie, two to be the new record holder .

Legendary

Similar Forum Threads

1. New England Patriots 16-0....Perfect!
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 06:38 PM
  2. New England Patriots Vs the Oakland Raiders
    By oswizzle in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 02:34 AM
  3. New England Bodybuilding, Figure, Fitness
    By Beowulf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 12:47 AM
  4. Replies: 1