College Football Pre-Season 2007

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright y'all - I've held off long enough.

We are 2.5 months away from the '07 kickoff (Thurs Aug 30th).
Let's get this thing going.

I'm looking forward to a new era in Miami Hurricane football. I fully expect us to be back near the top of CFB within 3 years.
The offense will stink this year (and the kicking game - as it sounded from the spring game).

Here's Miami's schedule:
2007 Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule
Day/Date Opponent (2006 Record) TV 2006 Ranking
Coaches/AP
Sat., Sept. 1 MARSHALL (5-7) ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 8 at Oklahoma (11-3) ABC
Sat., Sept. 15 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL (0-12) ESPNU
Thur., Sept. 20 TEXAS A&M (9-4) ESPN
Sat., Sept. 29 DUKE* (0-12) TBD
Sat., Oct. 6 at North Carolina* (3-9) TBD
Sat., Oct. 13 GEORGIA TECH* (9-5) TBD
Sat., Oct. 20 at Florida State* (7-6) TBD
Sat. Oct. 27 Off week
Sat., Nov. 3 NORTH CAROLINA ST.* (3-9) TBD
Sat., Nov. 10 VIRGINIA* (5-7) TBD
Sat., Nov. 17 at Virginia Tech* (10-3) TBD
Sat., Nov. 24 at Boston College* (10-3) ESPN

Good OOC schedule with OU and A&M. I like that.
Doubt we beat OU. VaTech is the other loss I'm predicting as of now.

I'm thinking there may be a 3rd loss - but not quite sure whom.

Alright - later guys.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
How come you left off that '94 championship in your sig? :stick:

Sorry, relived that magical 2nd half via ESPN classic a few weeks ago....and to think the 'skers hadn't even reached the GOATdom that they would achieve the next year.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to this season as my Huskers have some good comp this year.

Sept. 1 Nevada

Sept. 8 at Wake Forest

Sept. 15 USC

Sept. 22 Ball State

Sept. 29 Iowa State

Oct. 6 at Missouri

Oct. 13 Oklahoma State

Oct. 20 Texas A&M

Oct. 27 at Texas

Nov. 3 at Kansas

Nov. 10 Kansas State

Nov. 23 at Colorado

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

Sorry, relived that magical 2nd half via ESPN classic a few weeks ago....and to think the 'skers hadn't even reached the GOATdom that they would achieve the next year.
Don't make me relive Denis Errrrickson's horrid offense that year.

It's mind boggling that we had a D with BOTH Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp and lost.

You guys were good - but not that great.

We had a big chance late in that game to break it open - a WR (whose name I can't remember - #3, maybe Jonathon Lewis) broke wide open down the sideline and Frank F'ing Costa overthrew him.

At that point - the tide started to turn. Our D was on the field something obscene like 45 mins - and the 3 and outs just really took their toll.

Kudos to your staff - you guys game planned well.
We were stupid and didn't run our RB's enough - who were getting decent yards.

I don't have any heartburn over that game. Errickson didn't deserve another title.

Besides - we've not won in an even numbered year - as you could tell.

BTW - '01 Canes > '95 Huskers.
Betta know that!

I hope you guys beat USC. It's about time you guys had a signature win.
I wish you guys would come back to the top - Lord knows the Big 12 North has no one that is dominant. The South champ. is basically given a BCS slot.

Besides - I need you guys back when we are. .
Miami is 3-1 against Nebraska in championship games (83, 91, and 01 to the aforementioned 94 loss). :whip:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
why even bother with predictions? we all know ohio state will avenge their embarassing championship game performance by winning it all this year! but in all seriousness, i would place my bets on USC:yawn:

as for miami, other potential losses could come from the rivalry game with FSU. that game is always decided by only a few points. i can also see A&M pulling an upset on the road with Franchionne improving the team every year. and hopefully we'll get another great show when they play Florida International this year:toofunny:

my pick for the top teams would be USC, wisconsin (theyre gonna surprise people), arkansas (or should i call them McFadden?), and the winner of the red river shootout. im curious to see how the big east does this year as well. theres gonna be hell to pay and lots of money to be won:) COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON IS COMING BOYS!!!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Don't make me relive Denis Errrrickson's horrid offense that year.

It's mind boggling that we had a D with BOTH Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp and lost.

You guys were good - but not that great.

We had a big chance late in that game to break it open - a WR (whose name I can't remember - #3, maybe Jonathon Lewis) broke wide open down the sideline and Frank F'ing Costa overthrew him.

At that point - the tide started to turn. Our D was on the field something obscene like 45 mins - and the 3 and outs just really took their toll.

Kudos to your staff - you guys game planned well.
We were stupid and didn't run our RB's enough - who were getting decent yards.

I don't have any heartburn over that game. Errickson didn't deserve another title.

Besides - we've not won in an even numbered year - as you could tell.

BTW - '01 Canes > '95 Huskers.
Betta know that!

I hope you guys beat USC. It's about time you guys had a signature win.
I wish you guys would come back to the top - Lord knows the Big 12 North has no one that is dominant. The South champ. is basically given a BCS slot.

Besides - I need you guys back when we are. .
Miami is 3-1 against Nebraska in championship games (83, 91, and 01 to the aforementioned 94 loss). :whip:
Costa's pass was terrible. It was probably just all the pressure he was faced with, though. I'll chalk it up to N greatness rather than Miami's deficiencies. As for the 3-1 record, you guys have just been lucky enough to not be at the top during some of our peak years (95, 97, .... the list goes on). N on the other was so consistently on top even when they weren't peaked. Come on, you have to admit that N was the team of the 90's (although an argument for FSU isn't ridiculous).

Hulk, not sure I see Wisc being that great next year. Haven't done my scouting yet, though, for next year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
why even bother with predictions? we all know ohio state will avenge their embarassing championship game performance by winning it all this year! but in all seriousness, i would place my bets on USC:yawn:

as for miami, other potential losses could come from the rivalry game with FSU. that game is always decided by only a few points. i can also see A&M pulling an upset on the road with Franchionne improving the team every year. and hopefully we'll get another great show when they play Florida International this year:toofunny:

my pick for the top teams would be USC, wisconsin (theyre gonna surprise people), arkansas (or should i call them McFadden?), and the winner of the red river shootout. im curious to see how the big east does this year as well. theres gonna be hell to pay and lots of money to be won:) COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON IS COMING BOYS!!!
I'm not betting on USC even making it to the Sugar Bowl.

I'm not convinced they'll beat Cal. I think this may be Cal's year ala the Bulls in '90 (after losing to the Pistons forever in the late '80's).
I need to see what Cal looks against Tennessee though. I think they'll beat the crap of UT.

They finally get SC at home, have a returning QB (Longshore), a gamebreaker at WR/returner (DeShawn Jackson), and Forsett at RB.

I think USC has the most talent in the country - but as I well know as a UM fan watching Larry Coker - that don't mean sh*t. (See UM in 2003 - the talent on that team, all in the Pro Bowl now, was crazy but we couldn't put it together when it mattered.)

Hulk,
FSU is as bad as we are. True - it's a rivalry game. But - they've got just as bad of a QB situation as we do. They lost a lot to the NFL, like we did.
Should be an even matchup. But - we get them at Doak (Tallahasee). We seem to play better there the last 7 years (save for '05).

I think it's about time for a Wide Right again. ;)

I've got an A&M grad that I work with. He's told me about their team. I don't think they present a huge challenge, honestly. Their best offensive guy is Javorski Lane at RB - a BIG dude. Thing is - our D (under Randy Shannon - the new HC) has had trouble for the most part against big guys (shut down Greg Jones in '03 in the rain at FSU).
But - they can't throw the ball very well, this guy says. I think we can load up against the run and allow our pretty good corners (and best in the country safety - Kenny Phillips - betta' recognize USC fans) should be able to take some chances at INT's.
Also - their D is not so good against the run he says. Sounds like they lost a bit on DL/LB for run support. The running game should be UM's bread and butter in '07.

FIU won't even be close. I'm predicting a 40 point win.

Agreed at Wisky - good buddy is a grad. He doesn't want to hear they are highly rated.
They have y'all's number (OSU). They just have to get by Michigan, whom they've had some trouble with.

I don't agree at Arky. Too much off-season turmoil. I don't see them beating LSU and Auburn.
I'm not sure we'll see an SEC team with one loss, honestly. I think it will be a down year for the SEC in '07.
(Some level headed SEC fans I work with agree - the rabid ones, coughLSUcough, dont.)

I'd say Cal-SC winner and probably the Red River winner will play in NO for the title.
Wild card is WVU and maybe Wisky (my pick as most likely to run the table in the Big 10).

Jas,
To hear some old time NU fans - that '83 team was one of your best. ;)

Agreed that we were down when you had your best 2 teams. Our O was just not championship caliber in '94 and '95 was the start of probation. '97 was rock bottom for us - 5-6.

By the same token - you guys weren't up when we had some of our better teams. We only met once in the infamous 86 to 92 time frame (3 titles and 2 more title game appearances).
And our best - '01 - met a fairly mediocre NU team.

I'd have to give you guys the edge as team of the '90's over FSU. You do have 3 titles - though one was against Peyton (who played God-awful in big games at UT).

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
ACC fans all I have is 2 words. Butch Davis:clap2: Look for the Heels to be good comp in a few years.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
He's got a mountain to climb - worse than Miami coming off probation.
No football tradition period at UNC.

I'll be watching though.

You guys played us well in '04 - had the right gameplan. We were stupid and didn't run Devin Hester at RB more often.
Damn Larry Coker :frustrate

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
He's got a mountain to climb - worse than Miami coming off probation.
No football tradition period at UNC.

I'll be watching though.

You guys played us well in '04 - had the right gameplan. We were stupid and didn't run Devin Hester at RB more often.
Damn Larry Coker :frustrate
I saw that u were a Cane fan so I had to throw that in there. I am hoping that something good comes out of this. Hell maybe some bowl games but they just can't compete with basketball, soccer and others that Carolina is so great in. We need some speed we need some FL boys.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Haha, yeah I knew all year in '01, our weak pass D was going to get exposed. That Colorado game was painful, and I'm still not sure how we got to play you guys. Anyway, I knew we were going to get smoked in the Rose Bowl.

'83 was before my time, but is considered one our best teams. We would have been national champs if we had gone for one and taken the tie, though.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Well I am both a Heel fan and Bama fan so here are their schedules:

UNC:

September 1 James Madison 6:00 PM ET
September 8 at East Carolina 6:00 PM ET
September 15 Virginia 12:00 PM ET
September 22 at South Florida TBA
September 29 at Virginia Tech TBA
October 6 Miami (FL) TBA
October 13 South Carolina TBA
October 27 at Wake Forest TBA
November 3 Maryland TBA
November 10 at North Carolina State TBA
November 17 at Georgia Tech TBA
November 24 Duke TBA

Maybe 2 wins lol.

Alabama:

September 1 Western Carolina TBA
September 8 at Vanderbilt 12:30 PM ET
September 15 Arkansas 6:45 PM ET
September 22 Georgia TBA
September 29 at Florida State TBA
October 6 Houston TBA
October 13 at Mississippi TBA
October 20 Tennessee TBA
November 3 LSU TBA
November 10 at Mississippi State TBA
November 17 Louisiana-Monroe TBA
November 24 at Auburn TBA

Wow I forgot about play FSU this year. As usual the SEC will be hard for us. I hoping we would play FL and put a beaten on golden boy Tebow but hell he would prob do that to us.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
alabama has a lot of potential. they played so many close games against top contenders but couldnt finish with the W. with their new coach, they may be a sleeper team to watch this year.

jmh, i changed my mind about arkansas as you are ver correct about their drama. they also lost their quarterback to USC. i honestly dont see the SEC being that competitive this year because so many players were lost to the draft. georgia finished real positive last season so they might have a shot. i think LSU is picked to win the conference which is a decent bet.

AFOX

Awards

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to this season as my Huskers have some good comp this year.

Sept. 1 Nevada

Sept. 8 at Wake Forest

Sept. 15 USC

Sept. 22 Ball State

Sept. 29 Iowa State

Oct. 6 at Missouri

Oct. 13 Oklahoma State

Oct. 20 Texas A&M

Oct. 27 at Texas

Nov. 3 at Kansas

Nov. 10 Kansas State

Nov. 23 at Colorado

Right on man. It is nice to see another Husker fan on here. I'm from Lincoln, now in Kansas City. With Sam Keller at the helm, we will kick ass this year. We just need to beat some teams in the top 10, unlike last year, and we will finally be back to where we belong. And looking ahead, our 2008 class could be one of our best classes ever. The #1 offensive line class and a top 3 rated quaterback( Blaine Gabbert). Go Huskers.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It all about the Fighting Irish :aargh:

I love Charlie and his bunch but it is going to be a long year with Claussen running the show

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Right on man. It is nice to see another Husker fan on here. I'm from Lincoln, now in Kansas City. With Sam Keller at the helm, we will kick ass this year. We just need to beat some teams in the top 10, unlike last year, and we will finally be back to where we belong. And looking ahead, our 2008 class could be one of our best classes ever. The #1 offensive line class and a top 3 rated quaterback( Blaine Gabbert). Go Huskers.
:cheers:

I'm from Omaha, graduated from UNL as an undergrad, now in Illinois. I'm expecting big things from Keller. I think Callahan is a pretty solid coach and I hope to see a few more crazy trick plays this year like against Colorado.

UNC, how is Bama looking this year?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
:cheers:

I'm from Omaha, graduated from UNL as an undergrad, now in Illinois. I'm expecting big things from Keller. I think Callahan is a pretty solid coach and I hope to see a few more crazy trick plays this year like against Colorado.

UNC, how is Bama looking this year?
LOL well Saban has already run off the backup QB. Besides that I am not sure. I will look into everything.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bama lost a LOT on defense.

They don't have their best offensive player - Tyrone Prothro - and they have hella big expectations by their mostly retarded, out of touch fans (who think the Bear still runs the show).

They do have most of their big games at home. Save for FSU and the Iron Bowl.

I'm predicting 4 losses for the Tide and Nick Satan.
LSU, Auburn (who has their number), FSU, and someone else - not sure whom.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
alabama has a lot of potential. they played so many close games against top contenders but couldnt finish with the W. with their new coach, they may be a sleeper team to watch this year.

jmh, i changed my mind about arkansas as you are ver correct about their drama. they also lost their quarterback to USC. i honestly dont see the SEC being that competitive this year because so many players were lost to the draft. georgia finished real positive last season so they might have a shot. i think LSU is picked to win the conference which is a decent bet.
LSU wins the West probably by default. They'll f*ck up one game they should win (or 2 - see '06 for an example) but I think the rest of the West really isn't all that.
I honestly think VaTech will beat them down here in La. They've got a hella good special teams - that is a "Lose Les" weakness. VT'll have a good D - the O will be pretty bad though.
I'm thinking the Hokies can get some points on special teams and silence the drunken crowd enough to take that advantage away (ala Tennessee in '05).

I'm divided on the east though - I'm thinking South Carolina, but UGa definitely has a shot.
I don't see UF winning the east. Too much to ask a seriously retooled D and a new QB (can Tebow throw to the right spot with the drive/game on the line??).

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
God made Notre Dame #1 - Miami made 'em #2.
Me thinks that The Trojans might argue that one with you.

Been chompin' at a bit to do this thread, yeah?

I'm surveying the landscape and who's shaping up how, get back to 'ya.

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten what butters(ed) my bread, all due respect to MMA.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
RD,
That saying is OLD.

Prologue - in 1988, Miami got beat by ND at ND. ND went on to the Orange Bowl to win the title.
There was a pretty controversial call to end the game (Cleveland Gary - whom you probably faced in the League at some point - was ruled to have fumbled the ball into the end zone but his knee was clearly down at the ND 2 yd line before he fumbled). What made it worse was that ND recovered on their 2.
Royal screw up.

YouTube evidence:

Epilogue - Jimmy Johnson leaves for the NFL - but the Canes don't forget what happened in '88. And - the slogan above was born.
Cane fans that attended say they've never heard the OB as loud as it was in '89 against ND (or as electric).

YouTube evidence (aka Welcome to the Jungle):
[yt9TBCwsWJN00[/yt]

BTW - hear Coach Tubbs? Tubberville started out under Johnson at Miami. ;)
Listen to the names on the DL - Cortez, Russell Maryland.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me thinks that The Trojans might argue that one with you.
So would us Texas fans.

Anyway I thought I would jump in on this thread and give my thought.

First off Miami should make a nice turnaround this season. They always have the talent to do some damage, and now that there has been a major change in the coaching staff it should be just what they need to get back to the top of cf. However, I don't think it's going to happen this season, so I expect a good year, but not a run at the BCS.

As long as Pete is with USC, he will continue to recruit top talent in Cali. He not only knows how to recruit, but he is a damn good coach as well, so as long as that dynamic is around they will always be a threat for the title.

The SEC has had its run as the top conference for some time now, but I see that changing soon. I see the Big Ten, and Big Twelve competing with this position for the next few years. The Big Twelve is loaded with storied programs, and they all seem to be getting back to who they were in the past. JMO

As far as Texas is concerned they are similar to USC. As long as Mack Brown can continue to recruit top talent, which I have no doubt he can, then they also are always a threat. The major difference between Texas and USC though is Mack Brown is not the same caliber coach as Pete Carrol, not even close. Brown may actually be a better recruiter, but he hardly ever gets the full potential from the talent level of his recruits. Anyway I expect them to have another top five finish and if everything goes right they have a good chance at the title.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ryan,
Where the f*ck you been bro? Ain't seen you in a loooooooooong azz time.

Nice to see your appearance back in the CFB thread. ;)

Big 12 North sucks. Hopefully someone steps up - because South winner might as well punch their ticket to the BCS.
(Not to say we've not had upsets in the B12 title game.)

I will say this about the B12 - they do schedule non-conference games. Something the SEC doesn't do (coughGatorscough).

Hell - most of them seem to play Miami over the next 3 years. Home and home with OU, A&M, and Kansas St.
We are just missing Texas to claim a possible B12 South title.
LOL.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ryan,
Where the f*ck you been bro? Ain't seen you in a loooooooooong azz time.

Been awhile man, just had some stuff come up that took all of my time, but it's good to be back.;)

Nice to see your appearance back in the CFB thread. ;)

Big 12 North sucks. Hopefully someone steps up - because South winner might as well punch their ticket to the BCS.
(Not to say we've not had upsets in the B12 title game.)

The north is pretty bad, but Nebraska is on its way back, and what other conference can say they have three of the top ten most winningest programs?

I will say this about the B12 - they do schedule non-conference games. Something the SEC doesn't do (coughGatorscough).

Hell - most of them seem to play Miami over the next 3 years. Home and home with OU, A&M, and Kansas St.
We are just missing Texas to claim a possible B12 South title.
LOL.
You would have to beat those teams to claim that:wave:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ryan,
We've done it before. In '02 we beat Tennessee and Florida to claim the SEC East title. ;)

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
There is only one college team worth mentioning here

HOOK EM

ANOTHER SEASON IS UPON US

god i love football

texxlnghorn

Awards
I just saw the commericall for college football 2007, i can't wait until it comes out.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I agree Mr.Totality. Loyal domer myself...and jmh, I also agree about the um...lsu...fans. being from louisiana myself, and going through the painful 2nd half of the Sugar bowl last year, on top of living right smack dab in the middle of em! Anyway, best of luck to all teams this year. And one more thing, jmh, I wonder if ND vs Miami will materialize soon? Its been a while. I think they should renew the rivalry like they did with PennState.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think bama will be a sleeper team they get all of there offence back all five linmen all there rec great quaterback and rec.return all there special team kickers.only concern is lost lot of defence but nick saban will have a tuff defence thats his speciallty.they barrely lost to several top teams last year including flordia they should have won it.with a coach that was his first head coaching job ever and all of there tuff games where away not this year.watch out roll tide

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Cal knock the Trojans off their horse ! They beat them before 34-31 when USC had Bush and Leinart. Forsett is a very underrated running back. He had more YPC then Marshawn Lynch last year and he was averaging a good 10 carries a game. He's not as physical as Lynch but he bursts through the holes. Jackson is a beast and will be a big playmaker this year. Go Bears :clean: Fvck Stanford and their sh!t talking coach Jim Harbaugh, which I'm sure RD blasted during his career :)

lazerss9

Awards
GO GATORS!!!

tebow's awesome, and even tho we lost a lot of players, well be a force to reckon with in the sec east, if not in all of the sec. never count out "the boys from old florida"!

cant wait to go to all the home games, and hope well play osu again, to own them one more time (only 1 time in bball and football isnt enough :whip: (i guess technically its twice in bball))

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see Michigan in the Ntl Championship game this year!!!!!!:head: :head: :head: :head:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see Michigan in the Ntl Championship game this year!!!!!!:head: :head: :head: :head:
You are in for a LOOOOOOOONG wait for that one,like not in your lifetime long. GO Bucks !!!!

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Check out this schedule for my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes.

Ohio State Buckeyes Football Schedule 2007
DATE OPPONENT
Saturday, September 1 Youngstown State Penguins
Saturday, September 8 Akron Zips
Saturday, September 15 at Washington Huskies
Saturday, September 22 Northwestern Wildcats
Saturday, September 29 at Minnesota Gophers
Saturday, October 6 at Purdue Boilermakers
Saturday, October 13 Kent State Golden Flashes
Saturday, October 20 Michigan State Spartans
Saturday, October 27 at Penn State Nittany Lions
Saturday, November 3 Wisconsin Badgers
Saturday, November 10 Illinois Fighting Illini
Saturday, November 17 at Michigan Wolverines

This is cupcake of the month I know but even with Troy Smith and every stater at the skilled positions gone on to the NFL we still might win 10 games this year.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
BUCKNUTS: Would you take a 11-1 record with the 1 loss @ Michigan or go like 9-3 or 8-4 but not lose to Michigan ? I think the Wolverines have the better squad this year but we'll see what happens 11-17 :)

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BUCKNUTS: Would you take a 11-1 record with the 1 loss @ Michigan or go like 9-3 or 8-4 but not lose to Michigan ? I think the Wolverines have the better squad this year but we'll see what happens 11-17 :)
9-3 and a victory over meatchicken every single time. I agree that team up north looks to have a better squad on paper but we shall see.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I agree Mr.Totality. Loyal domer myself...and jmh, I also agree about the um...lsu...fans. being from louisiana myself, and going through the painful 2nd half of the Sugar bowl last year, on top of living right smack dab in the middle of em! Anyway, best of luck to all teams this year. And one more thing, jmh, I wonder if ND vs Miami will materialize soon? Its been a while. I think they should renew the rivalry like they did with PennState.
Don't know how I missed this.

I think 100% of Miami fans are frothing in the mouth to set something up in those games you guys set aside in the '11 to '14 range.

Most of us that are old enough still remember the horrible call that ended our chances at a title in '88 (at Notre Dame).

Sad to say - but your AD folks may actually finally be interested in Miami again - because we suck right now.
Can't say I really respect ND, honestly. You guys took Boston College off the schedule because they beat you too often.

Again - I'd love to see the 2nd coming of the Catholics and the Catholics (no longer the convicts).

I won't be too hard on you, since you too experience the retardedness of LSU fans (esp. related to anything USC - which I do NOT understand for the life of me).

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
GO GATORS!!!

tebow's awesome, and even tho we lost a lot of players, well be a force to reckon with in the sec east, if not in all of the sec. never count out "the boys from old florida"!

cant wait to go to all the home games, and hope well play osu again, to own them one more time (only 1 time in bball and football isnt enough :whip: (i guess technically its twice in bball))
You guys are like Bebe's kids since those 3 titles: "We don't die - we multiply!!"

I was actually down in G'ville around the 4th of July. Have some fam in the area.

Can't wait for the '2008 game on Sept. 6th.
Guess who's coming to the Swamp?

The Gates nemesis (aka a team they've not beat since 1985).
;)

Seriously though - you guys lost 8 starters on D. And it remains to be seen if Teebow can make it through an entire SEC slate. I'm sure he'll pull the ball down and run - often. Just not sure he can take the pounding EVERY SINGLE down. (As opposed to one down per 2 possessions in '06.)

I'll be watching you guys - but only rooting with you against Bama. (I think Saban's contract is bad for the sport. I hope they lose every damn game.)
Can't say I'm a big Gator fan.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

DATE OPPONENT

This is cupcake of the month I know but even with Troy Smith and every stater at the skilled positions gone on to the NFL we still might win 10 games this year.
Wow - sorry non-conference year. What happened? The AD take a nap when it came to scheduling '07??

When does the USC series start? I thought '08/'09 and then you guys roll into the much anticipated Miami series in '10/'11.

I think Wisconsin will be the toughest game for you guys. They return a lot of starters and have seemingly always played you guys tough (if not beaten you) - even under Tressell.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow - sorry non-conference year. What happened? The AD take a nap when it came to scheduling '07??

When does the USC series start? I thought '08/'09 and then you guys roll into the much anticipated Miami series in '10/'11.

I think Wisconsin will be the toughest game for you guys. They return a lot of starters and have seemingly always played you guys tough (if not beaten you) - even under Tressell.
Yeah like I said cupcake city,but again without much in the way of returning starters on offense this is a good year for this weak azz schedule. USC 08/09 and Miami 10/11 you are correct sir. And I think you are also correct about Wisconsin, I am not confident in our ability to beat those guys this year. I am curious to see how Coach Tressell handles the offense I think we may see a much more conservative,grind it out style ala 2002.You remember 2002 don't ya ?

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

DATE OPPONENT

I am a hopeless homer, but look at this schedule we play every pathetic mid-major in Ohio this year,am I wrong to think we could be 9-0 and ranked near top 5 with Wisconsin coming to Columbus with the Big 10 title on the line?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
true, michigan looks better, but lets not forget tressels record against them. hes got their number! however, wisconsin and penn state will be serious threats. even with our rebuilding year approaching, we should finish with a respectable ranking due to our weak schedule. i predict between 12-18.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You guys are like Bebe's kids since those 3 titles: "We don't die - we multiply!!"

I was actually down in G'ville around the 4th of July. Have some fam in the area.

Can't wait for the '2008 game on Sept. 6th.
Guess who's coming to the Swamp?

The Gates nemesis (aka a team they've not beat since 1985).
;)

Seriously though - you guys lost 8 starters on D. And it remains to be seen if Teebow can make it through an entire SEC slate. I'm sure he'll pull the ball down and run - often. Just not sure he can take the pounding EVERY SINGLE down. (As opposed to one down per 2 possessions in '06.)

I'll be watching you guys - but only rooting with you against Bama. (I think Saban's contract is bad for the sport. I hope they lose every damn game.)
Can't say I'm a big Gator fan.
your a dumn ass i would not tell nobody i was for tug u.but at least your from miami and you can speak english.i bet you hate bama seeing how we kick you ass in the nationla chap game.i have the take away pic in my living room.how is sabn contract bad for football dumn ass we are the greatest college in the world we have more national champships than anybody more bowl wins than any body in the nation also why would we not have the highest paid coach in the nation.it was the coach of ok.does that make sence why would the best and greates school in the nation with more of everything not have the highest paid coach.do you think your cuban school should your a dumn ass.and yes this goes for you buckyee mich fan to all of you play cupcakes every week come play in the sec and see what happens. THE TIDE IS TURNING REALL QUICK ROLL TIDE

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
your a dumn ass i would not tell nobody i was for tug u.but at least your from miami and you can speak english.i bet you hate bama seeing how we kick you ass in the nationla chap game.i have the take away pic in my living room.how is sabn contract bad for football dumn ass we are the greatest college in the world we have more national champships than anybody more bowl wins than any body in the nation also why would we not have the highest paid coach in the nation.it was the coach of ok.does that make sence why would the best and greates school in the nation with more of everything not have the highest paid coach.do you think your cuban school should your a dumn ass.and yes this goes for you buckyee mich fan to all of you play cupcakes every week come play in the sec and see what happens. THE TIDE IS TURNING REALL QUICK ROLL TIDE
1. Do not insult members by calling them dumb a$$es. He was just stating his opinion, not making any personal attacks.

2. What your team has done in the past doesn't count for squat today. That's like the Domers who like to brag about Knute Rockne and Paul Hornung. They did go 10-2 and in 2006 I believe, which is pretty good but they weren't much of a threat last year and they weren't much of a threat since they won the National Title in 1992 IIRC.

3. Go Cal :D !

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
every thing is in the past.unless you no the future or somthing it is called accomplishments.and bama was a treat last year we had every body we played beat untill 4th quater including flordia ,ark.aub.but we have been on probation for like 5 years so we where playing with have the team of every body else plus poor coaching.we are not on probation any more and have a good coach noe uh oh. P.S I AM JUST TALKING FOOTBALL SMACK I REALLY DON'T MEAN NOTHING BAD WHEN I CALLED PEOPLE DUMN ASS JUST BEING A GUY TALKING FOOTBALL SMACK.THE SLEEPING GIANT HAS BEEN AWAKENED.ROLL TIDE

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i hope cal can beat the **** out of tenn this year. i hate fat phill.but tenn beat yall pretty bad last year how thing it is going to turn out this year.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Benjiman,

Your jumping off on the wrong foot by slapping at Jmh80, who is one of the, if not the most, consistently pleasant and insightful contributors to the CFB discussions.

Bama should be a good team, and their schedule sets up pretty well, but Nick Saban will probably be a year away from being able to win the West in an overall conference that has four to six teams that will be as good, if not better, than last year. IMO, the SEC is going to be down to the wire cockfight this year.

And If you want "roll" some smack talk, my immediate response to your jab at Jmh is to say that posts like yours make me proud to be a Tiger Alum. :head: