Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Maldito

Awards
who do u think has the Meanest defence out there this year?

make ur pick .... or post ur pick
: )

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
call me crazy but i dont think we'll see too many votes for the jets... just a hunch...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Ravens. As long as Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Ed Reed are healthy they have the best D

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
no bills or bears? man you are out of your mind.

IMO its a tie bills, bears and ravens.
after that: falcons, stillers.
I also like the bucs...
eagles have fallen against the run wiothout corey simon
colts are much better but lost two linebackers

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
What about the Skins? Best D in the NFC last year. Overall I want to go with the Ravens, but they're not nearly as good as the 2000 (SB year) D and they're getting older. The D of 2000 wouldn't have given up 24 to the Colts last week. Atlanta has a good up and coming D. The Steelers have always had a good D with Cohwer at the helm.

Vegas Lord

Awards
LOL

Jesus, who is rated as a top ten defense the last nine years (this year is ten) ?...... oh yea the Bucs. No respect will get you losses. Ask the Vikings. The two best defenses play this Sunday.... Bills vs Bucs write it in stone. Last I checked the Falcons or Eagles coudn't even score one touchdown last time the Bucs played those teams.... take them off the poll! Under the radar this year.... here we come.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
There are too many of them to choose from.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
There always seems to be the best defense and then the defense that always the fewest points.

Vegas Lord

Awards
Hey

Not with a QB like Griese.
Griese had a 70% completed % last year. As long as he don't throw two tuchdowns
to the defense he'll be fine. Hell, Greise is way more talented than Brad Johnson (Superbowl QB). Greise will have almost 30 tds this season..... Clayton, Galloway, Hilliard, Alex Smith, Caddilac, Becht, Pittman, Alstote.... Greise has no excuses this year. Defense wins games Griese just has to manage the game.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There always seems to be the best defense and then the defense that always the fewest points.
Excellent point, IMO the best defense is the one gives the fewest points. The NFL rates defenses by yards allowed per game. The problem with that is if you're a real good team and you blow out your opponents half the time than you will give up a bunch of garbage yards so the other team can eat up the clock in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dolphins (no joke)

Channing Crowder win defensive rookie of the year.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
Dolphins (no joke)

Channing Crowder win defensive rookie of the year.
yeah that bronco game was beautiful what a way to start the season the dolphin D was too much for them that day. man i cant wait til ricky comes back when we go aginst the bucs.

Maldito

Awards
i cant wait to see the ravens on action again !... i loved how they had some many ints last year.. + good solid game against the colts...
i also wonder when are they gonna fire bollers Ass!? ----> Boller Sucks!
i hope miami does better this year, not a bad D last year but their QBS suck----> specially --->feeley sucks!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Jesus, who is rated as a top ten defense the last nine years (this year is ten) ?...... oh yea the Bucs. No respect will get you losses. Ask the Vikings. The two best defenses play this Sunday.... Bills vs Bucs write it in stone. Last I checked the Falcons or Eagles coudn't even score one touchdown last time the Bucs played those teams.... take them off the poll! Under the radar this year.... here we come.

EXACTLY!

CROWLER

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I think it`s to early to say... Carolina lost Jenkins for the year.. what happens if R. Lewis goes down or any other stud for that matter?

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
As long as the Eagles have the best D Coordinator in football, Jim Johnson, and he has Jeremiah Trotter, Jevon Kearse, Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis abd Lito Sheppard et al, they will continue to stay the best D in football as they have for the last 5 years.

Vegas Lord

Awards
As long as the Eagles have the best D Coordinator in football, Jim Johnson, and he has Jeremiah Trotter, Jevon Kearse, Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis abd Lito Sheppard et al, they will continue to stay the best D in football as they have for the last 5 years.
Last time the Eagle's D was truely dominant was in 2002 [ranked 2nd overall] when they lost too the best D that year...[the Bucs] in the NFCCG. Jim Johnson is a solid #2 IMO as Kiffen is number 1 D coordinator. Eagles really needed Trotter in that Falgoons game on Monday. Yes i am a Bucs homer LOL. Even with those big named defensive players the Eagles coudn't stop Vick except Dawkins (he's a killer). Eagles should beat the Vickies if they meet in the playoffs ( I hate the Falcons).

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I hate to say it, but the Colts have one of the best defenses so far :) I know I'm a Colts fanatic but they've allowed 10 points in two games and basically carried the offense against Jacksonville today. When did that last happen? lol...

The ravens and the jaguars both have good teams (Leftwich might be hurt now after the Colts D banged him up so bad - 6 sacks plus a bunch of big hits). I dont think its late enough in the season yet to see who is the best, but right now the Colts D looks better than anyone else's so far.

We'll have to see after Week 6 or 7 if they've kept it up. And then the ultimate test comes on Nov 7th.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Jaguars, holding peyton to what, < 140 yards, 1 int, and sub 50% completion?, and allowing the COLTS 10 points at home!

Vegas Lord

Awards
Scary D

No offense to the other threads but....... the Bucs have not let anyone score a tuchdown yet. I dont think the Packers will either this next Sunday (sorry Farve).
The Bucs dont even need to get interceptions to shut down teams...
its very scary for the league to see a better Buc D than in 2002...write it
in stone. I cant see how any defense can stop Caddilac (ask the bills great D).
I know its only two games but the Bucs are playing alote better already than when they won the Superbowl in "02"

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
OH Vegas I REALLY hope you were knocking on wood when you typed that post lol

Caddy looks great especially for having injured his ankle in the first half but come on don't jinx the guy and his team with your high expectations and bragging :)

CROWLER

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
No offense to the other threads but....... the Bucs have not let anyone score a tuchdown yet. I dont think the Packers will either this next Sunday (sorry Farve).
The Bucs dont even need to get interceptions to shut down teams...
its very scary for the league to see a better Buc D than in 2002...write it
in stone. I cant see how any defense can stop Caddilac (ask the bills great D).
I know its only two games but the Bucs are playing alote better already than when they won the Superbowl in "02"
Talk to me after you shutdown CMart... then S. Davis twice and Dillon when the Pats need the game to get into home playoff position.....

Vegas Lord

Awards
Bring it on

Talk to me after you shutdown CMart... then S. Davis twice and Dillon when the Pats need the game to get into home playoff position.....
You want to put your money where your mouth is ? I bet we shut down the rest of the AFC east.
Carolina always give the bucs match up problems. You do know who has the best rush defense this year right ?.... Bucs will play anybody anywhere this year...

Vegas Lord

Awards
knock on wood

OH Vegas I REALLY hope you were knocking on wood when you typed that post lol

Caddy looks great especially for having injured his ankle in the first half but come on don't jinx the guy and his team with your high expectations and bragging :)

CROWLER
I wont jinx Caddy....He's the reason Gruden looks good right now. Without caddilac the Bucs offense isnt nearly as good..... being honest.

Vegas Lord

Awards
hey

Now that Urlacher and Brown are healthy... OH YAH!
Bears are the best team in the NFC North even with Kyle at the helm.....They play all
facets of the game well. Bucs and Bears will be great game this year. Black and blue is back baby!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
You want to put your money where your mouth is ? I bet we shut down the rest of the AFC east.
Carolina always give the bucs match up problems. You do know who has the best rush defense this year right ?.... Bucs will play anybody anywhere this year...
1) I don`t gamble

2) Internet bets tend to become invalid when the loser simply disappears:nono:

3)It`s only 2 games in...:think:

4)see #3

Vegas Lord

Awards
LOL

LOL...Your right its only 2 games. From my standpoint as a Bucs fan we had 2 losing seasons after a Superbowl win. You should understand my excitment after only 2 games compared to 0-3 start last year. I never said this team will win a Superbowl.... just saying the D looks better after 2 games compared to the 2 games in 2002 season. The bet was bull anyways.... I live in Vegas and dont gamble inless someone gives me money to throw away.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
LOL...Your right its only 2 games. From my standpoint as a Bucs fan we had 2 losing seasons after a Superbowl win. You should understand my excitment after only 2 games compared to 0-3 start last year. I never said this team will win a Superbowl.... just saying the D looks better after 2 games compared to the 2 games in 2002 season. The bet was bull anyways.... I live in Vegas and dont gamble inless someone gives me money to throw away.
Excitement noted enjoy....I see Cadillac has a bruised foot... Gruden better slow down or the kid will have 400 carries if he holds up

Vegas Lord

Awards
Yea

Excitement noted enjoy....I see Cadillac has a bruised foot... Gruden better slow down or the kid will have 400 carries if he holds up
Gruden will have to limit the kid rushing the ball. I dont understand why Gruden is waiting to get him in the passing game (ease him in I guess). I think Caddilac has only one catch if that. Yea, I dont want Caddilac like LT or Emmit after 8 years or worse.... Earl Campbell yikes! I hope this packer game isnt a trap game...... Farve's back is in a corner.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Gruden will have to limit the kid rushing the ball. I dont understand why Gruden is waiting to get him in the passing game (ease him in I guess). I think Caddilac has only one catch if that. Yea, I dont want Caddilac like LT or Emmit after 8 years or worse.... Earl Campbell yikes! I hope this packer game isnt a trap game...... Farve's back is in a corner.
He just might, coaches seem to think that the first 5-7 years are a running backs most productive years (with few exceptions) so they'll get everything they can while they're still good and figure they can find a new workhorse 5-7 years down the road.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Most backs struggle with blitz pick up when young... nothing like getting your QB killed... Don`t worry Gruden changed the West Coast into the Jersey Shore offense when he had Waters in Philly :D

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I have to confirm my earlier suggestion :)

The Colts have got either THE best or one of the 3 best defenses in the nation. 5.3 PPG :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I have to confirm my earlier suggestion :)

The Colts have got either THE best or one of the 3 best defenses in the nation. 5.3 PPG :)
Colts are unbelievable on defense right now, I'd love to see them go up against the Pats right now. Imagine what will happen when their offense clicks. I think this is their year, I predicted they'd win it but I didn't see them playing this good on defense, I don't even think Tony Dungy expected this

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Colts are unbelievable on defense right now, I'd love to see them go up against the Pats right now. Imagine what will happen when their offense clicks. I think this is their year, I predicted they'd win it but I didn't see them playing this good on defense, I don't even think Tony Dungy expected this
I think he's shitting his pants right now ROFL.

Dwight Freeney is amazing...

The browns were the only other team besides the colts (pretty sure of this stat) that had recorded NO sacks this year.

The colts got 4 against the browns rofl...
They've allowed only one touchdown in the past 3 games... thats so much better than last year its not even funny...

As for the Pats... The game is November 7th on Monday Night Football in Gillette stadium... can't wait to see this game. Hopefully the Colts offense can start running on all 12 cylinders soon...

And as I said last year, its not that the Colts defense was so bad, its just that their offense was so good, so the defense's job was to slow the other team down.... their lead was usually so high it didnt matter.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
The Bears are playing awesome D. They keep games close, at least. The Redskins are also playing good d, as is Cinci with 12 INT's.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bengals D looks legit and "Cut that meat" his team with Freeny is looking sick

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Let's go insurance adjusters, let's go! *ding ding*