Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established

No here's the facts
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsTeam?div=NFL&stype=defense&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=ascending

opponents dont need to rack up yards if their defense and kicking/receiving team is good enough to push the field position towards the endzone

what counts is games won and what counts is points allowed
Colts are 5-0, the only team undefeated... the Bucs lost to the JETS!!!
Colts allow 5.8 pts/game

end of discussion until I see something to disprove it. (might get a chance on November 7th)

BMW

Awards
  • Established
No here's the facts
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsTeam?div=NFL&stype=defense&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=ascending

opponents dont need to rack up yards if their defense and kicking/receiving team is good enough to push the field position towards the endzone

what counts is games won and what counts is points allowed
Colts are 5-0, the only team undefeated... the Bucs lost to the JETS!!!
Colts allow 5.8 pts/game

end of discussion until I see something to disprove it. (might get a chance on November 7th)
its kinda hard to say your defense is the best when 90% of your schedual is some of the weakest offenses in the nfl. 4 of their wins are all easy teams, i would be shocked to hell if they didnt make it to the playoffs. colts have it real easy this year

Vegas Lord

Awards
The best play this Sunday..

The best (Bears) and second (Bucs) play on Sunday.. As a Bucs fan I will say thank you to the Bears for exposing the Panthers weakness ( cant come from behind to win a game). This Bears defense is a true test for Caddilac, Simms, Clayton the young offensive trio.... This will be "old school Black and Blue".... this is REAL football this Sunday......

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I still find it funny there is no Bears D in this poll. The JETS? :icon_lol:

Blownkbgt

Board Supporter
Awards
i think it was louisiana.......Bush threw katrina at us......lol

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I still find it funny there is no Bears D in this poll. The JETS? :icon_lol:
Yeah not **** bro, just goes to show how unpredictable the NFL can be. Da Bears just might do some damage in the Play-Offs if Grossman plays well.

MGH1982

Awards
I am going to have to say either the Seahawks or Chargers, IMO.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah not **** bro, just goes to show how unpredictable the NFL can be. Da Bears just might do some damage in the Play-Offs if Grossman plays well.
I need to surf the nfl forum more often...

Anyway, the Bears had one of the top Ds coming into this year. It isn't a supprise they dominated the D. It's just noone expected them to win.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you go by the numbers Tampa has a better D than the bears. they did allow more points because of more TD's scored against them on interceptions/special teams.

considering the fact that they play in a much better conference and had a tougher schedule, makes it even more impressive

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you go by the numbers Tampa has a better D than the bears. they did allow more points because of more TD's scored against them on interceptions/special teams.

considering the fact that they play in a much better conference and had a tougher schedule, makes it even more impressive
This is ONLY because the Bears didn't play their starters on Sunday, While Tampa did because they were playing for their playoff lives. If the Bears give up less then 15 points in the last week their defence is ranked better then the '85 SuperBowl D.

There was a lot of talk about this leading up into the week and many Bears players were pissed about getting benched.