Eagles fans...

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
2 names .. Shaun Alexander and Mushin Muhammad..
seems these 2 and all the Eagles posed for a picture at the PB .. hmmmm... 9 million per year should do it...

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Damn.......... that would be scary. Hell..... T.O and Muhammad would be scary alone.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Eagles might pick up Alexander, doubt Muhammed. Westbrook and Shaun in the backfield.... with that screen-passing offensive sceme..... sick. Seahawks better be ready to recover after losing Alexander, Jones, and/or Hasselback. Oh.... this was a Philly thread.... GO HAWKS!
Sage

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
games aren't won on paper - but that's sick for sure.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Shaun Alexander alone would really make them a lot better, nothing against Westbrook, but he just isn't the same caliber of runner that Alexander. Westbrook could even play a the slot if they get Alexander, Muhammed is definitely an upgrade over Pinkston and Mitchell but with TO in the mix I don't see him catching more than 60-70 passes, Muhammed reminds me a lot about John Taylor, a guy who can get the YAC and make critical clutch receptions. I would still focus on a DT if I were the Eagles, there's just not many good DT's right now.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I thought Muhammed said that he wanted to stay with the panthers. I guess if someone threw enough money at him he would change his mind though.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
cut Freddie Mitchell, that guy is a joke.
I know he's not supposed to be really good, but he isn't even a decent 3rd read.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
cut Freddie Mitchell, that guy is a joke.
I know he's not supposed to be really good, but he isn't even a decent 3rd read.
And he seemed to be talking trash rather than focusing on the Super Bowl. I don't understand why him or any other athlete cares about what the media says, or why it would bother them (unless it's a personal attack).

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ESPN really built him up, because he liked to talk. I don't see why Reid put up with it though.
"peoples champ" Freddie Mitchell gimme a break.

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
freddie will be gone when the first round of cuts open up. I am a diehard eagles fan, but I doubt they antee up for alexander. A second tier runner like davenport from green bay would probally be more like it. I also heard they are high on Porter from the raiders for the wide out position. But who knows relisticly what they are going too do. Some years they are cheap and some years like last year they blow us out of the water with their signings. They also have five picks on day one this year. They have more draft picks then they do open spots so it will be interesting too see who comes and who goes. they also have some of their own players they need too sign.l

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't see the Raiders letting go of Porter. He has great abilities buit he needs to saty healthy. He's got some good years ahead of him.

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well from what Ive read, the raiders and porter are far apart and the raiders also have too worry about woodson whos contract is up as well. also its been widely reported porter wants too test the water. so too keep him from doing that, they would have too slap a tag on him and then they risk the chance of losing woodson. its going too be hard too keep both.

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, I wouldnt sign porter anyway. i dont know if T.O and porter can co-exist, they both would want the rock and I dont I think either one would want too play second fiddle too the other.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Eagles are not cheap... They offered Priest Holmes more money than K.C. but he wanted a guarentee of feature back Reid wouldn`t give it... More money to Stubbafield(thank God) he signed elsewhere..Kevin Mawae.. more money.. remember these where when the Vet was still around.. now everyone wants to come here and play with D Mc. Every player since they have targeted has signed.. And word is Alexander and D. Mc have become buddies:rofl: Smells like TO to me... But don`t get in a bidding war.. Lamont Jordan will suffice.. Or Edge maybe

Muhammad will be cut in June.. unless he takes a major pay cut.. I would rather see them go linebacker with this money, Simoneau SUCKS! and Adams is not every down material... Think K. Bell.. E. Hartwell(Could replace Trotter if things get sticky) J. Duncan.. J. Peterson

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Eagles might pick up Alexander, doubt Muhammed. Westbrook and Shaun in the backfield.... with that screen-passing offensive sceme..... sick. Seahawks better be ready to recover after losing Alexander, Jones, and/or Hasselback. Oh.... this was a Philly thread.... GO HAWKS!
Sage
My prediction "Seahawks don`t make the playoffs in 2005":rasp: :rofl: All in good fun my friend... Dude you can sign 2 of 3.. you do have 24Mill but word is that if Farve goes G.B. will push for Hasslebeck.

A serious player could be the Vikings 30million and new owners......

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I guess cheap wasnt the right word, but yes, they have been willing too spend in the last few years but I think your forgetting about before reid came here. They didnt go out and get the T.O.'s and Kearses of the world. We will just have too agree too disagree on that. NO big deal. And while I agree with you about needing a lb, lb isnt a position the eagles tend too throw alot of money at. I think they believe in JJ's system, lbs are a dime a dozen. I believe they however will resign Trot! Simeano and Wayne blow and I dont think wayne will be back but for some reason they like simeano. They also need too resign adams and reese. both are important too this team.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I agree if you go back to the Braman era, or is it error :lol: but with Lurie
came Ricky Waters.. ect...

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do u consider signing ricky watters a success? I dont think he was anything special, but I guess its the intent that counts. Lurie is the man though! This team is going too be rocking for years too come. Its nice when u have a team this good and we can sit here and nit pick about little crap.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
"For who, For what?" :rofl: It was good entertainment wasn`t it?

Or Raybob Rhodes " I feel like they kicked down ma door and raped my wife n` kids!"

It seemed as if every time these guys opened thier mouths it was just to change feet....

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ray Rhodes, now there is a name. Isnt that the same guy who said trottier couldnt play in this league!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Sorry Philly, but New England is just getting warmed up. :D

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Bwhahahaaaaaaa nice try buddie... Lets see how well your secondary holds up after you cut Ty Law to clear the cap(-2 million)

and sign Givens, Vinatieri,Pass,Gorin,Patton,Green,Andruzzi et al... and by the way you have 6 unsigned Olineman:frustrate Not to mention the reason you beat the Birds is now a Golden Domer... Damn who needs football season to start a good ruckus:hammer:

I will thank you for rescuing us from the wrath of Braman.. Lurie is from NE

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey, I am a eagles fan but didnt the pats beat us without law? So what does that have too do with anything.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Ummm.. that wasn`t meant for you.. it was to harass the Pats fan..

The Pats beat us by first taking Trotter out of the game.. remember they spread the field and drove in the first drive of the second half. Then JJ goes 2 LB`s(Reese and Simoneau) 5DB`s and the Pats go screens and runs to negate the coverage..
You did see them eat Simoneau for lunch.. every screen he was 10 Yds downfield.. How about the 3 receivers left to draw the safeties and throw the screen right OUTSTANDING.. That is excellent play calling by Charlie Weiss who made Jim Johnsons defense look terrible at times.. each time the Birds stopped them.. the Pats O adjusted in the next series and scored.. What a chess match and Weiss did to Johnson what only a few have done..

The Eagles lost because they were out coached and not by a little bit... even with turnovers and a 27 yd punt and a holding call on a 40 yd kickoff return they lost because THEY WERE OUT COACHED :rant:

Don`t mind me there are no Flyers, the Sixers suck, and the Phillies Bah! So what else is left?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
THEY WERE OUT COACHED :rant:
The players have a lot do with it. Getting run on by Corey Dillon has nothing to do with being outcoached, that's just a matter of not being good enough to stop their running game.

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
they lost my 3 stinkin points. The eagles turned the ball over what, 4-5 times. There def. did a pretty damn good job for being put on the field a whole lot longer then it should of been because of the turn overs. If the eagles didnt turn the ball over or even cut their turnovers in half, this would of been a total diffrent ending too the pats season. The eagles beat themselves.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Eagles are no doubt the best in the NFC, and should continue to be for years to come. They will have an easier road to the superbowl than the Patriots will (again).
While Sean Alexander is a stud, I think they are better to address the wideout situation or maybe Defensive Tackle (run stop).

Bring in a reciever with some upside. Pinkston is alright, but hes not really a deep threat or that solid of a possession reciever. Freddie Mitchell scares no one.

Get a guy like Keenan McCardell (true possession wideout) or maybe a Homerun Threat (like Donte Stallworth), or even a true slot guy (like Brandon Stokley, Az-Hakim, Ricky Proehl) either way it will free up Owens slightly more.

Don't get Jerry Porter, hes a trouble maker who can't stay healthy. Or Kevin Johnson, he's simply washed up.

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not too beat a dead horse and not that I think pinkston is anything great but the one thing he did half way descent was go deep. This might surprise you, but he was number 1 in the NFC in yards per catch at almost 19 per catch, but really the eagles do need another threat opposite t.o. too get over the top. I would like them too sign a smaller name back like davenport from greenbay and yes they need another run stopper.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The only thing stopping Davenport from being the best rusher in the NFL is Ahman Green.
quote Brett Farve

but you gotta wonder, the guy [davenport] got busted breaking an entering and taking a crap in some girl's laundry basket
comes with the territory I guess...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
as for the NFL Draft, i'm pretty uninterested this year.
Cedric Benson (RB) and Antel Rolle (CB) are the only players I see making a first year impact.

and definitly not big on the QBs in this draft. drafting QBs is silly to me - you have to wait 5 years to see if the guy is a bust. The best QBs are usually in Free Agency on a year-to-year basis.

Big D

Big D

Awards
What about Brown from Auburn? Last I heard he was being tagged as the first running back to go due to his ability to run and catch the ball.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Deoudes don't forget about Derrick Johnson, Marcus Spears, Shaun Cody, and Erasmus James.

The QB's in this draft are not worth the investment. I hope the 49ers hear you and don't draft Aaron Rodgers. Many QB's drafted in the 1st round are system QB's that are not anymore talented than the guys you can get in the third round. I know there those of you who say "look at Manning, Aikman, Kelly, Elway, Marino" but that's 3 out how many 1st round QB's ?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Deoudes don't forget about Derrick Johnson, Marcus Spears, Shaun Cody, and Erasmus James.
I like Johnson and Spears. I don't believe they will really have a 1st year impact however. Definitly future stars.
I'm not that high on the Auburn runningbacks.

Travis Henry is availible, Alexander maybe - I don't see the point in drafting a runningback this year.

San Francisco is looking at Alex Smith from what I hear.
I'd like Smith to be sucessful but I just don't see that happening, and not with the 49ers.

I think JP Losman will be good down the road (2nd year) - looks like he's going to replace Bledsoe this season.

Oh yeah, 2 other guys i forgot about: Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards. I watched Williams 2 years ago, he is unreal. The rest of the wideouts are whatever.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Muhammed is definitely an upgrade over Pinkston and Mitchell but with TO in the mix I don't see him catching more than 60-70 passes, Muhammed reminds me a lot about John Taylor, a guy who can get the YAC and make critical clutch receptions.
Muhammed is used to that though, 2 seasons ago he played second fiddle to steve smith, and would have this year if smith didn't go down int he first game. I love Muhammed, he is always on my fantasy team... but not as much as I love the eagles. Combine them and we have freaking captain planet!!!!!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I have an Akili Smith jersey.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
The players have a lot do with it. Getting run on by Corey Dillon has nothing to do with being outcoached, that's just a matter of not being good enough to stop their running game.
I beg to differ.. Coaches put players in the position to maximize thier talents. Look at the plays in the first half, then look at the plays in the second half. Do you see the difference? Same players different results.

The Pats scored ZERO points off of turnovers. The Eagles left 3 points on the board with the first INT. The Pats left at least 3 on Bradys fumble. Maybe the Eagles score a TD or field goal one the second INT. But LJ`s fumble would have been a punt on 4th down anyhow. And the last INT was moot....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I agree to some extent. Take Dick Vermiel, offense jugernauts in St.Louis and Kansas City.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I beg to differ.. Coaches put players in the position to maximize thier talents. Look at the plays in the first half, then look at the plays in the second half. Do you see the difference? Same players different results.

The Pats scored ZERO points off of turnovers. The Eagles left 3 points on the board with the first INT. The Pats left at least 3 on Bradys fumble. Maybe the Eagles score a TD or field goal one the second INT. But LJ`s fumble would have been a punt on 4th down anyhow. And the last INT was moot....
Yes it is the coaches responsibility to create opportunities and maximize his players' talents but the players must perform, and that includes not turning the ball over. I know how you're feeling because I thought the 49ers were better than the Cowboys in 92 and better than the Packers in 97 but the fact is that the most talented team does not always win, the group that plays better as a team wins.

As far as the difference between the 1st and 2nd half: I thought Philly had their foot on NE's throat when they were up and threatening to score but they didn't have the killer instict, when NE had their foot on Philly's throat, they made sure they killed them. That's more of the players' responsibility than the coaches IMO, but I guess we all have different opinions which is perfectly fine

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
San Francisco is looking at Alex Smith from what I hear.
I'd like Smith to be sucessful but I just don't see that happening, and not with the 49ers.
That's what happens when John York ( a businessman ) makes football decisions. This is where they need to be bold and swap picks with Minnesota and send Jamie Winborn or Jeff Ulbrich to Minnesota for Randy Moss. I know Moss ain't popular but they're 2-14 so WTF, not much else can go wrong when you're 2-14

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
What isn't anybody talking about Buckhalter? Isn't he still coming back? Wasn't Buckhalter supposed to be the featured back before he got hurt? Wasn't Buckhalter a big part of the reason the let Duce go? If BOTH of them can stay healthy (for once), why would philly need to spend a ton of $$$ on somebody like Alexander? Besides, there are a bunch of backs available this season (Henry, Rudi Johnson, Edge, Lamont Jordan from the Jets, Davenport and I think either blaylock or Larry johnson from KC) plus those in the draft that would cost alot less and the extra money could be used to shore up the middle of the D. And for the guys that forgot about Braylon Edwards (WR Michigan) and the guy that said he's "whatever", dont forget:
1. the stats he put up against Texas in the Rose bowl (10 for 109yds 3 TDs) were against TRIPLE coverage
2. he's had double coverage all year and still was the nations top WR
3. he played on a team thats didnt have alot of offensive threats like Mike Williams had at USC.
He will definitely be a 1st year impact player.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
That's what happens when John York ( a businessman ) makes football decisions. This is where they need to be bold and swap picks with Minnesota and send Jamie Winborn or Jeff Ulbrich to Minnesota for Randy Moss. I know Moss ain't popular but they're 2-14 so WTF, not much else can go wrong when you're 2-14
There's no way in hell they'd do that. I'd rather them just start the rebuilding process and maybe when I'm in my 30's we can see another winning 49ers franchise.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
very true, if Buckhalter can go - there is no reason to bring in a lesser 'big name' runningback

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Unrestricted and 2 major knee injuries in 3 years.. The Birds will get a running back
a surefire proven one.. Don`t believe for a minute he is the answer.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Lamont Jordan will be on the market this off-season. If the Eagles/Dolphins and many other teams are smart they will bid high on him. If you have watched him over the last couple years he has 1,500 yards written all over him. Hopefully the jets won't give him to a division rival.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
What isn't anybody talking about Buckhalter? Isn't he still coming back? Wasn't Buckhalter supposed to be the featured back before he got hurt? Wasn't Buckhalter a big part of the reason the let Duce go? If BOTH of them can stay healthy (for once), why would philly need to spend a ton of $$$ on somebody like Alexander? Besides, there are a bunch of backs available this season (Henry, Rudi Johnson, Edge, Lamont Jordan from the Jets, Davenport and I think either blaylock or Larry johnson from KC) plus those in the draft that would cost alot less and the extra money could be used to shore up the middle of the D. And for the guys that forgot about Braylon Edwards (WR Michigan) and the guy that said he's "whatever", dont forget:
1. the stats he put up against Texas in the Rose bowl (10 for 109yds 3 TDs) were against TRIPLE coverage
2. he's had double coverage all year and still was the nations top WR
3. he played on a team thats didnt have alot of offensive threats like Mike Williams had at USC.
He will definitely be a 1st year impact player.

You are correct, the Eagles would be stupid to draft a running back in this years draft. If there is one thing the Eagles need it is a big defensive tackle to make them stronger against the run. A good running back can be obtained through free agency.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
lol. I forgot all about Buckhalter. At the beginning of the season I thought he wasgoing to be a 1000 yd rusher this year. Then he got hurt..... AGAIN.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There's no way in hell they'd do that. I'd rather them just start the rebuilding process and maybe when I'm in my 30's we can see another winning 49ers franchise.
What you say probably makes sense but I don't want to feel like I'm rooting for the 90's Bengals who seemed to rebuilding evry 3 years for 15 years in row :sad:

I'd rather have Moss in there with a new QB this year plus a solid O-line (Drew Bledoe, Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, and Matt Schaub sound like a good idea).

Lets say they can get Bledsoe for a good price, trade for Moss, and draft Spears, James, or Cody than I could expect 6-8 wins but this wouldn't be the answer in the long run, mostly because Bledsoe is old and if you trade for Matt Scaub you'd have to wait and hope he turns out okay

If they would have cloned Bill Walsh, and Eddie D never got caught none of this would have happened.