Eagles fans...

Wes Hopkins #48

Awards
You are correct, the Eagles would be stupid to draft a running back in this years draft. If there is one thing the Eagles need it is a big defensive tackle to make them stronger against the run. A good running back can be obtained through free agency.
WHY? This draft is chock full of good backs that go three rounds deep. Do you really think that a guy like Lamont Jordan or Najeh Davenport is going to come to the Eagles for maybe 10 carries a game. These guys are complaining that they don't get any work now. The Eagles, like it or not, are a passing team. They only run the to keep other teams honest.

P.S. The Eagles have 5 of the first 100 picks in the draft (before any compensatory picks have been issued). They have more than enough picks to fill any glaring needs, including DT.

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmmmmmmm, did u ever stop too think maybe the reason the eagles only run the ball ten times a game is because they lost one of their best run blocking olineman early in the season with their best blocking fb and there best running rb in buckhalter. westbrook is a stud but he isnt a 25 carry a game back. The eagles went with their strength and that was passing the damn football.

Wes Hopkins #48

Awards
When was the last time since Andy Reid has been coach that the Eagles have ran the more than they have passed. It's never happened. Even when they had Staley, Buckhalter and Westbrook last year, they still didn't run the ball as much as they throw.

Losing an OL had nothing to do with it. Reid's scheme is to throw, throw and throw some more. He could have Jim Brown in the backfield and he would keep throwing. That's the West Coast Offense.

And who was the best run blocking lineman that they lost. I hope that you are not talking about Shawn Andrews. You must be one hell of a talent scout if you could tell that he was their best blocking OL from half a game in his rookie season..

goyard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am not going too argue with you. Just because u pass more then u run, doesnt mean the eagles couldnt have a back run 20 plus times a game. I guess u dont follow the local media much but reid has said it himself that his plan was too run much more the past year, but injuries kept him from doing so. And go back and check out teams that have run the west coast offense, some of them had some very good backs that have put up some good numbers so dont tell me just because a team runs the wco, that they cant be successful at running the football. your intitled too your opinion and I am intiteled too mine. I am not going too sit here and argue with you. it makes no diffrence, neither one of us is a expert so it really doesnt matter.