1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    San Francisco is looking at Alex Smith from what I hear.
    I'd like Smith to be sucessful but I just don't see that happening, and not with the 49ers.
    That's what happens when John York ( a businessman ) makes football decisions. This is where they need to be bold and swap picks with Minnesota and send Jamie Winborn or Jeff Ulbrich to Minnesota for Randy Moss. I know Moss ain't popular but they're 2-14 so WTF, not much else can go wrong when you're 2-14

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.79%

What isn't anybody talking about Buckhalter? Isn't he still coming back? Wasn't Buckhalter supposed to be the featured back before he got hurt? Wasn't Buckhalter a big part of the reason the let Duce go? If BOTH of them can stay healthy (for once), why would philly need to spend a ton of $$$ on somebody like Alexander? Besides, there are a bunch of backs available this season (Henry, Rudi Johnson, Edge, Lamont Jordan from the Jets, Davenport and I think either blaylock or Larry johnson from KC) plus those in the draft that would cost alot less and the extra money could be used to shore up the middle of the D. And for the guys that forgot about Braylon Edwards (WR Michigan) and the guy that said he's "whatever", dont forget:
    1. the stats he put up against Texas in the Rose bowl (10 for 109yds 3 TDs) were against TRIPLE coverage
    2. he's had double coverage all year and still was the nations top WR
    3. he played on a team thats didnt have alot of offensive threats like Mike Williams had at USC.
    He will definitely be a 1st year impact player.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    That's what happens when John York ( a businessman ) makes football decisions. This is where they need to be bold and swap picks with Minnesota and send Jamie Winborn or Jeff Ulbrich to Minnesota for Randy Moss. I know Moss ain't popular but they're 2-14 so WTF, not much else can go wrong when you're 2-14
    There's no way in hell they'd do that. I'd rather them just start the rebuilding process and maybe when I'm in my 30's we can see another winning 49ers franchise.
    •   

4. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

very true, if Buckhalter can go - there is no reason to bring in a lesser 'big name' runningback
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%

Unrestricted and 2 major knee injuries in 3 years.. The Birds will get a running back
    a surefire proven one.. Don`t believe for a minute he is the answer.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.37%

Lamont Jordan will be on the market this off-season. If the Eagles/Dolphins and many other teams are smart they will bid high on him. If you have watched him over the last couple years he has 1,500 yards written all over him. Hopefully the jets won't give him to a division rival.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.37%

Quote Originally Posted by yankees3
    What isn't anybody talking about Buckhalter? Isn't he still coming back? Wasn't Buckhalter supposed to be the featured back before he got hurt? Wasn't Buckhalter a big part of the reason the let Duce go? If BOTH of them can stay healthy (for once), why would philly need to spend a ton of $$$ on somebody like Alexander? Besides, there are a bunch of backs available this season (Henry, Rudi Johnson, Edge, Lamont Jordan from the Jets, Davenport and I think either blaylock or Larry johnson from KC) plus those in the draft that would cost alot less and the extra money could be used to shore up the middle of the D. And for the guys that forgot about Braylon Edwards (WR Michigan) and the guy that said he's "whatever", dont forget:
    1. the stats he put up against Texas in the Rose bowl (10 for 109yds 3 TDs) were against TRIPLE coverage
    2. he's had double coverage all year and still was the nations top WR
    3. he played on a team thats didnt have alot of offensive threats like Mike Williams had at USC.
    He will definitely be a 1st year impact player.

You are correct, the Eagles would be stupid to draft a running back in this years draft. If there is one thing the Eagles need it is a big defensive tackle to make them stronger against the run. A good running back can be obtained through free agency.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.44%

lol. I forgot all about Buckhalter. At the beginning of the season I thought he wasgoing to be a 1000 yd rusher this year. Then he got hurt..... AGAIN.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    cut Freddie Mitchell, that guy is a joke.
    I know he's not supposed to be really good, but he isn't even a decent 3rd read.
    There is a website dedicated to just this http://www.tradefreddie.com/
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    There's no way in hell they'd do that. I'd rather them just start the rebuilding process and maybe when I'm in my 30's we can see another winning 49ers franchise.
    What you say probably makes sense but I don't want to feel like I'm rooting for the 90's Bengals who seemed to rebuilding evry 3 years for 15 years in row

I'd rather have Moss in there with a new QB this year plus a solid O-line (Drew Bledoe, Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, and Matt Schaub sound like a good idea).

Lets say they can get Bledsoe for a good price, trade for Moss, and draft Spears, James, or Cody than I could expect 6-8 wins but this wouldn't be the answer in the long run, mostly because Bledsoe is old and if you trade for Matt Scaub you'd have to wait and hope he turns out okay

If they would have cloned Bill Walsh, and Eddie D never got caught none of this would have happened.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    You are correct, the Eagles would be stupid to draft a running back in this years draft. If there is one thing the Eagles need it is a big defensive tackle to make them stronger against the run. A good running back can be obtained through free agency.
    WHY? This draft is chock full of good backs that go three rounds deep. Do you really think that a guy like Lamont Jordan or Najeh Davenport is going to come to the Eagles for maybe 10 carries a game. These guys are complaining that they don't get any work now. The Eagles, like it or not, are a passing team. They only run the to keep other teams honest.

P.S. The Eagles have 5 of the first 100 picks in the draft (before any compensatory picks have been issued). They have more than enough picks to fill any glaring needs, including DT.
  12. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

hmmmmmmm, did u ever stop too think maybe the reason the eagles only run the ball ten times a game is because they lost one of their best run blocking olineman early in the season with their best blocking fb and there best running rb in buckhalter. westbrook is a stud but he isnt a 25 carry a game back. The eagles went with their strength and that was passing the damn football.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.15%

When was the last time since Andy Reid has been coach that the Eagles have ran the more than they have passed. It's never happened. Even when they had Staley, Buckhalter and Westbrook last year, they still didn't run the ball as much as they throw.

Losing an OL had nothing to do with it. Reid's scheme is to throw, throw and throw some more. He could have Jim Brown in the backfield and he would keep throwing. That's the West Coast Offense.

And who was the best run blocking lineman that they lost. I hope that you are not talking about Shawn Andrews. You must be one hell of a talent scout if you could tell that he was their best blocking OL from half a game in his rookie season..
  14. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

I am not going too argue with you. Just because u pass more then u run, doesnt mean the eagles couldnt have a back run 20 plus times a game. I guess u dont follow the local media much but reid has said it himself that his plan was too run much more the past year, but injuries kept him from doing so. And go back and check out teams that have run the west coast offense, some of them had some very good backs that have put up some good numbers so dont tell me just because a team runs the wco, that they cant be successful at running the football. your intitled too your opinion and I am intiteled too mine. I am not going too sit here and argue with you. it makes no diffrence, neither one of us is a expert so it really doesnt matter.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Texans and/or Eagles fans
    By R1balla in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 11:40 PM
  2. Philadelphia Eagles fans, no haters please
    By AntonG42O in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 11:48 AM
  3. Eagle Fans Rejoice
    By anabolicrhino in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 23