Nfl Draft

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Um no, right now at least 10 other qbs easily before Vick. Not only his healthy but his decision making are questionable, Kelly's offense will require that. There is a reason he won't be there after this year. Your arguement he had to hold the ball longer would work if he wasn't a mobile qb. His age is also working against him, his career span will be more like a McNair or McNabb than an elway or manning.
    um, yes. 2010 was the only season vick had a decent line and he played at an MVP level and almost won the MVP. im not arguing that vick is holding the ball longer. its a FACT. watch the all-22 film on it. Andy didnt want him running around every play. He stayed in the pocket, waited for those deep routes to develop and with a bad o line, would get hit more often than not.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist



  2. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    I'm also surprised they didn't try to get nassib instead of Barkley in the 4th. Nassib should be would have been a better fit.
    fit for what? have you seen kellys NFL offense? no, you havent. so how do you know Nassib would be a good fit? Kelly doesnt need a mobile qb. he didnt have one every year at Oregon.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

    •   
       


  3. i dont' think vick is a very good quarterback...i know he has 4 pro bowls but really only 1 solid season in his whole career, it was more of a fluke than a sign that vick is a starter in the nfl

    the problem with the eagles is they have a team set up to win now however if they get rid of vick the chances of them winning is greatly reduced

    imo the nfc east is pretty weak overall, theres no powerhouse teams....9-7 record might win the division again but i don't think anyone will look at them as a real threat
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i dont' think vick is a very good quarterback...i know he has 4 pro bowls but really only 1 solid season in his whole career, it was more of a fluke than a sign that vick is a starter in the nfl

    the problem with the eagles is they have a team set up to win now however if they get rid of vick the chances of them winning is greatly reduced

    imo the nfc east is pretty weak overall, theres no powerhouse teams....9-7 record might win the division again but i don't think anyone will look at them as a real threat
    the eagles roster is one of the youngest in the NFL. vick is the oldest player on the team. only like 3 players are 30+. the offense is in win now mode, but with the new scheme, i am expecting them to have issues/bumps. the D is far from a finished product. def rebuilding phase
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  5. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    um, yes. 2010 was the only season vick had a decent line and he played at an MVP level and almost won the MVP. im not arguing that vick is holding the ball longer. its a FACT. watch the all-22 film on it. Andy didnt want him running around every play. He stayed in the pocket, waited for those deep routes to develop and with a bad o line, would get hit more often than not.
    Didnt say it wasnt a fact, I said that wasnt the problem he has the mobility still move when the pocket collaspes, peters was his left tackle, what side is Vicks blindside? so no, stop being a homer 10 other qbs i take if before him easily, and probably another 5 more if the line is solid. 1 season doesnt prove much.


    Maybe you dont know this, but every qb gets better with an improved oline.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    fit for what? have you seen kellys NFL offense? no, you havent. so how do you know Nassib would be a good fit? Kelly doesnt need a mobile qb. he didnt have one every year at Oregon.

    LOL

    kelly is running pretty much the same offense he ran at oregon, barkley ran a prostyle offense and nassib ran read option his last year. Now your just being ridiculous. Hes not going to change his bread and butter, lol

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Didnt say it wasnt a fact, I said that wasnt the problem he has the mobility still move when the pocket collaspes, peters was his left tackle, what side is Vicks blindside? so no, stop being a homer 10 other qbs i take if before him easily, and probably another 5 more if the line is solid. 1 season doesnt prove much.


    Maybe you dont know this, but every qb gets better with an improved oline.
    10qb? i'd say more like 15 better than vick

    7 super winning qbs, then we have qb's like matt ryan, andrew luck, rg3, cam newton, kapernick who are all better....then theres the likes of wilson, cutler, schaub, romo, stafford, dalton, and rivers....who all can be argued as better qb's than vick, he's def in the bottom half of the league in terms of starting qb's
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post

    LOL

    kelly is running pretty much the same offense he ran at oregon, barkley ran a prostyle offense and nassib ran read option his last year. Now your just being ridiculous. Hes not going to change his bread and butter, lol
    You do understand chip didn't have a mobile qb every year at oregon, right?
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  9. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post

    Didnt say it wasnt a fact, I said that wasnt the problem he has the mobility still move when the pocket collaspes, peters was his left tackle, what side is Vicks blindside? so no, stop being a homer 10 other qbs i take if before him easily, and probably another 5 more if the line is solid. 1 season doesnt prove much.

    Maybe you dont know this, but every qb gets better with an improved oline.
    Yes, vick could have taken off, but reid and marty were trying to make him what he isn't. A pure pocket qb.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  10. I have been a vick hater these past two years...but in order to understand his flaws, you must understand what he was asked to do...things he has never done before. If he can grasp this offense, I'm gonna post back on here and laugh at you all!
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  11. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I have been a vick hater these past two years...but in order to understand his flaws, you must understand what he was asked to do...things he has never done before. If he can grasp this offense, I'm gonna post back on here and laugh at you all!
    damn i hope not i'll be in philly a decent amount of time this fall, i'll loose my mind

    but in defense, vick wasn't any good in atlanta either so he's been an average/below average qb his whole career besides one year, even with chip kelly i don't see him just being amazing all of a sudden
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    You do understand chip didn't have a mobile qb every year at oregon, right?
    yes, but I also do know that you need someone some athletic ability, something barkley doesnt have. Nassib has it and has run the offense before barkley has not. Oh before you miss read this again, not nassib isnt exactly mobile.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I have been a vick hater these past two years...but in order to understand his flaws, you must understand what he was asked to do...things he has never done before. If he can grasp this offense, I'm gonna post back on here and laugh at you all!
    samething he has been asked to do that almost every coach figured out as they were heading out the door, vicks a bad decision maker.

    Im fine with you coming back to laugh, but make sure when he fails , you dont comeback with more excuses why he isnt succeeding and admit he isnt an elite qb.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    damn i hope not i'll be in philly a decent amount of time this fall, i'll loose my mind

    but in defense, vick wasn't any good in atlanta either so he's been an average/below average qb his whole career besides one year, even with chip kelly i don't see him just being amazing all of a sudden
    Exactly my thoughts. When teams are more worried about you running than throwing, you are doing it wrong. He has had one decent year and I think it was magnified even more due to the fact that NO ONE thought he would do it. I totally agree his o-line was sh*t. How could it not be? They lost 4 starters. To simply say his play was the product of a bad line and relying on one "feel-good" season from him is totally ignoring his history.
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  15. At least no one named the man with the fuzzy caterpillar stuck to his forehead, Joe Flucco, as a good QB. That warmed my heart. haha
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    At least no one named the man with the fuzzy caterpillar stuck to his forehead, Joe Flucco, as a good QB. That warmed my heart. haha
    I think the jury is still oput on him, last year cameron was the problem , look at his playoff run last year it was pretty good. I dont think he is elite , but I think hes is better than average, think the next couple seasons are going to be important.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post

    samething he has been asked to do that almost every coach figured out as they were heading out the door, vicks a bad decision maker.

    Im fine with you coming back to laugh, but make sure when he fails , you dont comeback with more excuses why he isnt succeeding and admit he isnt an elite qb.
    False. Atl he was free to run. 2011 2012 he wasn't.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  18. I'm not making excuses. I know he's a poor decision maker. But understand the system he was in and what was asked of him first
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  19. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post

    Exactly my thoughts. When teams are more worried about you running than throwing, you are doing it wrong. He has had one decent year and I think it was magnified even more due to the fact that NO ONE thought he would do it. I totally agree his o-line was sh*t. How could it not be? They lost 4 starters. To simply say his play was the product of a bad line and relying on one "feel-good" season from him is totally ignoring his history.
    You are lookin at one side of the ball. D was terrible which took away the eagles running game. Its easy to defend the passes when u know its coming
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  20. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I'm not making excuses. I know he's a poor decision maker. But understand the system he was in and what was asked of him first
    I understand what was asked of him, there is a reason he was great for 1 season, the planets aligned 1 season. By your own admission you understand he is a bad decision maker, think how kelly's offense works and apply that to Vick, if hes a bad decision maker kellys offense will be a bad fit. Kellys offense is a giant eqaution, the qb has to make multple reads very quickly something vick isnt good at, this is why you dont need a fast mobile qb for these types of offense, decision making is a key element.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    False. Atl he was free to run. 2011 2012 he wasn't.
    no not false, his reaction was to yes they had some plays designed to run, but most of running was reactionary the pass rush. Hence the reason he failed, he chose to act like a runner when he should have extended the play behind the line of scrimmage, so no the answer is not false. when reid asked him to do the same thing he couldnt do it.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    no not false, his reaction was to yes they had some plays designed to run, but most of running was reactionary the pass rush. Hence the reason he failed, he chose to act like a runner when he should have extended the play behind the line of scrimmage, so no the answer is not false. when reid asked him to do the same thing he couldnt do it.
    completely different discussion and this point wasnt what i was referring to.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  23. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48;3996478[B
    ]I understand what was asked of him[/B], there is a reason he was great for 1 season, the planets aligned 1 season. By your own admission you understand he is a bad decision maker, think how kelly's offense works and apply that to Vick, if hes a bad decision maker kellys offense will be a bad fit. Kellys offense is a giant eqaution, the qb has to make multple reads very quickly something vick isnt good at, this is why you dont need a fast mobile qb for these types of offense, decision making is a key element.
    so what was asked of him, since you know?

    so in one argument you say CK needs a mobile qb and this post says you dont...hmmm
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  24. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    completely different discussion and this point wasnt what i was referring to.

    nice try but no.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    so what was asked of him, since you know?

    so in one argument you say CK needs a mobile qb and this post says you dont...hmmm

    where did I did I say he NEEDS a mobile qb? please qoute the whole post not 1 line.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best players in the NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:06 PM
  2. NFL draft
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
  3. 2007 Nfl Draft
    By Chad in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 01:47 AM
  4. List of Players Gone to the '07 NFL Draft
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 09:51 PM
  5. NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Log in
Log in