Nfl Draft

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    huh, yes because Nassib has run that type of offense before. How can I put it better, nassib ran a read option offense before, therefore would it make sense for a qb who has run a paticular type of offense to be in a similiar offense again. I never said Kelly needs a Mobile qb, I said that he needs a good decision making qb that at least some atheletic ability.

There is a reason why

Kaep
    wilson
    Griffin

did very well there first year, they have natural raw talent(extending a play,running on a option,etc) alonq with good decision making.

a good example of this is SF with alex smith and SF with Kaep, The difference being the offense runs better with a atheletic qb with good decision making skills then with a qb with good decision making skill that manages a game. Ask any San Fransico fan who would they rather have under center.

remember this all started with your claim that hes a top 3 qb, he is not.
    Being a life long SF fan I will say I think the 49ers did Smith dirty but I would much rather have Kap under center simply for his ability to extend plays and get big yards. Smith was elusive and a smart qb never really turned the ball over but Kap is way more athletic and with J.H in his ear he will get the smarts he needs. No further comment on the Vic convo. I think its becoming a bit redundant.
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    I never payed enough attention to college football to make a determinent about CK. I thought if he tried to strictly run his offense from Oregon, the Eagles would be in trouble. He strikes me as a smart man the more I have heard from him and I don't think he needs an extremely mobile quarterback to run his offense, whatever it may be. Case in point, he drafted Matt Barkley. Not to be confused with any read option QB. That's why I think Vick's days are numbered and there will not be a magical redo of '10. I think either Foles or Barkley is coming out of that competition in the end with Vick and maybe Dixon if he decides to keep him as wrinkles to the offense, especially in the red zone where you have a shorter field and you need to give the D something to think about.
    Agreed. He already said in a press conference he won't be running it exactly. Right now, they are working on the read option as a part of the offense, not THE offense
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.83%

all and all decent draft
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

Niners will absolutely bring home the Lombardi this year!! Our draft was stellar, the one player to really watch out for is Tank Carradine, with Justin Smith having health issues lately I think Tank will step in and make a huge impact. Crabtree getting hurt sucks but I actually think it's a blessing in disguise. Patton and Jenkins will have very good years this year and with Boldin as a mentor that's money!! So we have one of the most exciting Qb's in football, one of the best running backs, James as a playmaker on 3rd downs, a great O Line, oh yeah an VD kickin ass. Now let's look at the defense.... great D Line, the best Linebacking core in football, and now a revamped and very exciting defensive backfield. Not to mention one of the best head coaches in the game. Oh yeah and they all get along!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

cant friggin wait till September i finally got nfl ticket on directv!!! jealous? i guess with this broken femur of mine i have no choice but to sit on couch and play fantasy football .... damn im prolly gonna get fat again
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%

Lol I am so ready for football and I am very jealous you have the ticket!! I want it specifically for fantasy football
    Life's a garden, dig it
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.11%

Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Niners will absolutely bring home the Lombardi this year!! Our draft was stellar, the one player to really watch out for is Tank Carradine, with Justin Smith having health issues lately I think Tank will step in and make a huge impact. Crabtree getting hurt sucks but I actually think it's a blessing in disguise. Patton and Jenkins will have very good years this year and with Boldin as a mentor that's money!! So we have one of the most exciting Qb's in football, one of the best running backs, James as a playmaker on 3rd downs, a great O Line, oh yeah an VD kickin ass. Now let's look at the defense.... great D Line, the best Linebacking core in football, and now a revamped and very exciting defensive backfield. Not to mention one of the best head coaches in the game. Oh yeah and they all get along!!!
    Im picking Jenkins to have a break out year. J.H is already saying he is greatly improved and I think him and Kap are going to have some good chemistry! Kind of sad this is the last year at the Stick but the new stadium is going to be beautiful!
    Rep For IronFlex
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Im picking Jenkins to have a break out year. J.H is already saying he is greatly improved and I think him and Kap are going to have some good chemistry! Kind of sad this is the last year at the Stick but the new stadium is going to be beautiful!
    I agree, and Patton is going to surprise a lot of people this year!! Damnit September hurry up!!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.11%

Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    I agree, and Patton is going to surprise a lot of people this year!! Damnit September hurry up!!!!
    Right? I have been a 49ers fan my entire life and these past two going on three years have been amazing. Its like the anticipation for the next season is more exciting than the last!
    Rep For IronFlex
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Right? I have been a 49ers fan my entire life and these past two going on three years have been amazing. Its like the anticipation for the next season is more exciting than the last!
    Exactly!! It seems like with each year we get better and more well rounded!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.44%

ya that new stadium is gonna be sick!! hopefully better than Dallas stadium
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.11%

Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    ya that new stadium is gonna be sick!! hopefully better than Dallas stadium
    Too bad some one already died building it.
    Rep For IronFlex
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.31%

How bout Mike Vick and Shady killing it so far? I love how every one hates in Vick. He's a top 10 QB in the right offense.

I think someone on here tried to put Andy no arm dalton and Phillip pick 6 Rivers above Vick? That's just blasphemy.

Vick does need to learn how to slide however. He needs to see he's not 25. Also Kelly has to slow it down a touch. This is not college. O-lineman are starters for a reason. You won't be able to sub in and out. Also it's time to get Bryce some more touches, McCoy will gas out too soon.

BTW....this coming from a die hard Dallas fan
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    How bout Mike Vick and Shady killing it so far? I love how every one hates in Vick. He's a top 10 QB in the right offense.

I think someone on here tried to put Andy no arm dalton and Phillip pick 6 Rivers above Vick? That's just blasphemy.

Vick does need to learn how to slide however. He needs to see he's not 25. Also Kelly has to slow it down a touch. This is not college. O-lineman are starters for a reason. You won't be able to sub in and out. Also it's time to get Bryce some more touches, McCoy will gas out too soon.

BTW....this coming from a die hard Dallas fan
    I have Vick and Mccoy and I'm wrecking my league. Here is my team

Vick
    Aj green
    Julio jones
    Shady
    Jordan Cameron (tight end)
    Stafford (flex)
    Defense is based on weekly match up

I agree on the Mccoy touches. Last week he had 11 carries so that will help. He proved once again he can catch with over 100 yards receiving.

The most important stat? Vick isn't turning the ball over.

15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.44%

you all know they will lose tonight right?
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

Duh, we suck

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Vick is great. Nope
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

maybe the eagles can figure out a way to get Mariota drafted next year, I doubt he falls past 2nd or 3rd pick.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

maybe the eagles can figure out a way to get Mariota drafted next year, I doubt he falls past 2nd or 3rd pick.
    There is a good CHANCE Kelly leaves at the end of the year to take Mack Browns spot in Texas. Another Spurrier and Pertrino.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    There is a good CHANCE Kelly leaves at the end of the year to take Mack Browns spot in Texas. Another Spurrier and Pertrino.
    Texas isn't hiring Chip Kelly.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

1st spurrier and petrino left because of much worse debut in the NFL than chip is having, are we talking about the same guy who wouldn't leave Oregon so quickly because he wanted to make sure he left the program in good shape. Chip is not leaving the NFL after 1 year.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

1st spurrier and petrino left because of much worse debut in the NFL than chip is having, are we talking abouot the same guy who wouldn't leave Oregon so quickly because he want ed to make sure he left the program in good shape. Chip's not leaving the NFL after 1 year.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

Chill out on CK. He's a rookie also. He doesn't have a qb, only one receiver that's doing anything, and a wide 9 D switching to a two gap 3-4. Doesn't happen over night. If eagles continue to suck in 3-4 years then we can talk trash. But it's too early right now.

24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

How? He's under contract

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

remember when chip kelly revolutionized the nfl for 30 minutes?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    How? He's under contract

I don't think hes is going anywhere, but I doubt that would stop him if he really wanted to leave. Like I said I seriously don't think hes is going anywhere.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

I don't think hes is going anywhere, but I doubt that would stop him if he really wanted to leave. Like I said I seriously don't think hes is going anywhere.
    The only way chip can leave is if the Eagles front office and chip agree to terminate the contract.

Eagles have some pieces in place. Chip just needs his guys that fit his scheme and it starts with qb and an OLB. Chip didn't inherit a pretty good squad like Jim (49ers) or carrol (seattle) did. Our D was terrible the past two years and offense needs a qb and another legit wr. Let chip have time to get his guys

28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The only way chip can leave is if the Eagles front office and chip agree to terminate the contract.

Eagles have some pieces in place. Chip just needs his guys that fit his scheme and it starts with qb and an OLB. Chip didn't inherit a pretty good squad like Jim (49ers) or carrol (seattle) did. Our D was terrible the past two years and offense needs a qb and another legit wr. Let chip have time to get his guys
    Agreed and it wouldn't be that shocking if they did. If the year tanks, the eagles will be happy to get from under that contract
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

Agreed and it wouldn't be that shocking if they did. If the year tanks, the eagles will be happy to get from under that contract
    Give me one reason to believe Roseman wants Kelly gone

30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If Kelly wanted to leave it wouldn't be hard for it to be a mutual split, you should know that. No owner is going to continue to allow a coach who wants to leave to continue to coach his team. that's just a nightmare waiting to happen. If it was for another NFL team that's a different story, but if he wanted to go back to college, they really don't have much of a choice.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

If Kelly wanted to leave it wouldn't be hard for it to be a mutual split, you should know that. No owner is going to continue to allow a coach who wants to leave to continue to coach his team. that's just a nightmare waiting to happen. If it was for another NFL team that's a different story, but if he wanted to go back to college, they really don't have much of a choice.
    That's not the point I am arguing. With that point, I agree. What I am saying is what if chip is happy, understands it takes time to build a roster, but the GM doesn't want him. I am saying to give me one reason why Roseman wouldn't want kelly.

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

That's not the point I am arguing. With that point, I agree. What I am saying is what if chip is happy, understands it takes time to build a roster, but the GM doesn't want him. I am saying to give me one reason why Roseman wouldn't want kelly.
    Your talking to the wrong person, Im not saying he is leaving or that the eagles want him to, all Im saying if Kelly had intentions to leave after this season there wouldn't be much the eagles could do. With that said that isn't gonna happen, I don't think he does or the eagles want him to.

Kelly is an articulate coach, I doubt he would of taken the job if he didn't have a 4-5 year plan in mind, and Im sure he spoke to the eagles about that when he was hired.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Give me one reason to believe Roseman wants Kelly gone
    As I said.. If the year tanks.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

As I said.. If the year tanks.
    So one bad year under a new coach and entire new staff, new schemes on offense, defense and special teams, without the players chip wants (guys he inherited from Reid) disqualifies him? Kinda harsh man.

35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

So one bad year under a new coach and entire new staff, new schemes on offense, defense and special teams, without the players chip wants (guys he inherited from Reid) disqualifies him? Kinda harsh man.
    I understand but I am curious if a big school came knockin would chip look to go?
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

I understand but I am curious if a big school came knockin would chip look to go?
    Doubt it. My reason is he knew coming in that this was a 4-12 team with instability at qb.

37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.33%

Chips doing just fine. It takes at least three years to build a team.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    Chips doing just fine. It takes at least three years to build a team.
    yep. although i have been questioning some of his decision making during games. but we tend to forget he is a rookie also.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.25%

Chip was pretty nifty using his rc cameras at camp
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%

Quote Originally Posted by hulkamaniac54 View Post
    Chip was pretty nifty using his rc cameras at camp
    When I saw that report I laughed so hard

Similar Forum Threads

1. NFL draft
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
  2. 2007 Nfl Draft
    By Chad in forum Sports Talk