Nfl Draft

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I have been a vick hater these past two years...but in order to understand his flaws, you must understand what he was asked to do...things he has never done before. If he can grasp this offense, I'm gonna post back on here and laugh at you all!
    damn i hope not i'll be in philly a decent amount of time this fall, i'll loose my mind

    but in defense, vick wasn't any good in atlanta either so he's been an average/below average qb his whole career besides one year, even with chip kelly i don't see him just being amazing all of a sudden
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt


  2. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    You do understand chip didn't have a mobile qb every year at oregon, right?
    yes, but I also do know that you need someone some athletic ability, something barkley doesnt have. Nassib has it and has run the offense before barkley has not. Oh before you miss read this again, not nassib isnt exactly mobile.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I have been a vick hater these past two years...but in order to understand his flaws, you must understand what he was asked to do...things he has never done before. If he can grasp this offense, I'm gonna post back on here and laugh at you all!
    samething he has been asked to do that almost every coach figured out as they were heading out the door, vicks a bad decision maker.

    Im fine with you coming back to laugh, but make sure when he fails , you dont comeback with more excuses why he isnt succeeding and admit he isnt an elite qb.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    damn i hope not i'll be in philly a decent amount of time this fall, i'll loose my mind

    but in defense, vick wasn't any good in atlanta either so he's been an average/below average qb his whole career besides one year, even with chip kelly i don't see him just being amazing all of a sudden
    Exactly my thoughts. When teams are more worried about you running than throwing, you are doing it wrong. He has had one decent year and I think it was magnified even more due to the fact that NO ONE thought he would do it. I totally agree his o-line was sh*t. How could it not be? They lost 4 starters. To simply say his play was the product of a bad line and relying on one "feel-good" season from him is totally ignoring his history.

  5. At least no one named the man with the fuzzy caterpillar stuck to his forehead, Joe Flucco, as a good QB. That warmed my heart. haha
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    At least no one named the man with the fuzzy caterpillar stuck to his forehead, Joe Flucco, as a good QB. That warmed my heart. haha
    I think the jury is still oput on him, last year cameron was the problem , look at his playoff run last year it was pretty good. I dont think he is elite , but I think hes is better than average, think the next couple seasons are going to be important.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post

    samething he has been asked to do that almost every coach figured out as they were heading out the door, vicks a bad decision maker.

    Im fine with you coming back to laugh, but make sure when he fails , you dont comeback with more excuses why he isnt succeeding and admit he isnt an elite qb.
    False. Atl he was free to run. 2011 2012 he wasn't.
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  8. I'm not making excuses. I know he's a poor decision maker. But understand the system he was in and what was asked of him first
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  9. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post

    Exactly my thoughts. When teams are more worried about you running than throwing, you are doing it wrong. He has had one decent year and I think it was magnified even more due to the fact that NO ONE thought he would do it. I totally agree his o-line was sh*t. How could it not be? They lost 4 starters. To simply say his play was the product of a bad line and relying on one "feel-good" season from him is totally ignoring his history.
    You are lookin at one side of the ball. D was terrible which took away the eagles running game. Its easy to defend the passes when u know its coming
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  10. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I'm not making excuses. I know he's a poor decision maker. But understand the system he was in and what was asked of him first
    I understand what was asked of him, there is a reason he was great for 1 season, the planets aligned 1 season. By your own admission you understand he is a bad decision maker, think how kelly's offense works and apply that to Vick, if hes a bad decision maker kellys offense will be a bad fit. Kellys offense is a giant eqaution, the qb has to make multple reads very quickly something vick isnt good at, this is why you dont need a fast mobile qb for these types of offense, decision making is a key element.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    False. Atl he was free to run. 2011 2012 he wasn't.
    no not false, his reaction was to yes they had some plays designed to run, but most of running was reactionary the pass rush. Hence the reason he failed, he chose to act like a runner when he should have extended the play behind the line of scrimmage, so no the answer is not false. when reid asked him to do the same thing he couldnt do it.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    no not false, his reaction was to yes they had some plays designed to run, but most of running was reactionary the pass rush. Hence the reason he failed, he chose to act like a runner when he should have extended the play behind the line of scrimmage, so no the answer is not false. when reid asked him to do the same thing he couldnt do it.
    completely different discussion and this point wasnt what i was referring to.
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  13. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48;3996478[B
    ]I understand what was asked of him[/B], there is a reason he was great for 1 season, the planets aligned 1 season. By your own admission you understand he is a bad decision maker, think how kelly's offense works and apply that to Vick, if hes a bad decision maker kellys offense will be a bad fit. Kellys offense is a giant eqaution, the qb has to make multple reads very quickly something vick isnt good at, this is why you dont need a fast mobile qb for these types of offense, decision making is a key element.
    so what was asked of him, since you know?

    so in one argument you say CK needs a mobile qb and this post says you dont...hmmm
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  14. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    completely different discussion and this point wasnt what i was referring to.

    nice try but no.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    so what was asked of him, since you know?

    so in one argument you say CK needs a mobile qb and this post says you dont...hmmm

    where did I did I say he NEEDS a mobile qb? please qoute the whole post not 1 line.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    fit for what? have you seen kellys NFL offense? no, you havent. so how do you know Nassib would be a good fit? Kelly doesnt need a mobile qb. he didnt have one every year at Oregon.
    i was saying CK doesnt need a mobile qb..

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    LOL

    kelly is running pretty much the same offense he ran at oregon, barkley ran a prostyle offense and nassib ran read option his last year. Now your just being ridiculous. Hes not going to change his bread and butter, lol
    this post is suggesting Nassib would be a good fit because he ran the read option and that is what CK will be doing, according to you
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  17. huh, yes because Nassib has run that type of offense before. How can I put it better, nassib ran a read option offense before, therefore would it make sense for a qb who has run a paticular type of offense to be in a similiar offense again. I never said Kelly needs a Mobile qb, I said that he needs a good decision making qb that at least some atheletic ability.



    There is a reason why

    Kaep
    wilson
    Griffin


    did very well there first year, they have natural raw talent(extending a play,running on a option,etc) alonq with good decision making.

    a good example of this is SF with alex smith and SF with Kaep, The difference being the offense runs better with a atheletic qb with good decision making skills then with a qb with good decision making skill that manages a game. Ask any San Fransico fan who would they rather have under center.




    remember this all started with your claim that hes a top 3 qb, he is not.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    You are lookin at one side of the ball. D was terrible which took away the eagles running game. Its easy to defend the passes when u know its coming
    I'm talking about his history when I was talking about running and throwing. In Atl, he was invited to pass he was so bad. He just looked like a baller at times because he can run. I was stating why through his whole career he has had only ONE real good year. Prior to that, his biggest claim to fame was running 1000 yards for a QB. Not my goal if I'm supposed to be passing the ball.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    I'm talking about his history when I was talking about running and throwing. In Atl, he was invited to pass he was so bad. He just looked like a baller at times because he can run. I was stating why through his whole career he has had only ONE real good year. Prior to that, his biggest claim to fame was running 1000 yards for a QB. Not my goal if I'm supposed to be passing the ball.
    I agree. That's why reid screwed up when trying to make him a pure pocket passer. As far as chip and his system, and you can find quotes from ck himself, that he doesn't have a system. He creates his scheme based on his personnel. This is why he doesn't need a mobile qb. Sure its always better to have some mobility for the threat of the read option, but if he isn't mobile, chip won't make him run a true read option scheme
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  20. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I agree. That's why reid screwed up when trying to make him a pure pocket passer. As far as chip and his system, and you can find quotes from ck himself, that he doesn't have a system. He creates his scheme based on his personnel. This is why he doesn't need a mobile qb. Sure its always better to have some mobility for the threat of the read option, but if he isn't mobile, chip won't make him run a true read option scheme
    I never payed enough attention to college football to make a determinent about CK. I thought if he tried to strictly run his offense from Oregon, the Eagles would be in trouble. He strikes me as a smart man the more I have heard from him and I don't think he needs an extremely mobile quarterback to run his offense, whatever it may be. Case in point, he drafted Matt Barkley. Not to be confused with any read option QB. That's why I think Vick's days are numbered and there will not be a magical redo of '10. I think either Foles or Barkley is coming out of that competition in the end with Vick and maybe Dixon if he decides to keep him as wrinkles to the offense, especially in the red zone where you have a shorter field and you need to give the D something to think about.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    huh, yes because Nassib has run that type of offense before. How can I put it better, nassib ran a read option offense before, therefore would it make sense for a qb who has run a paticular type of offense to be in a similiar offense again. I never said Kelly needs a Mobile qb, I said that he needs a good decision making qb that at least some atheletic ability.



    There is a reason why

    Kaep
    wilson
    Griffin


    did very well there first year, they have natural raw talent(extending a play,running on a option,etc) alonq with good decision making.

    a good example of this is SF with alex smith and SF with Kaep, The difference being the offense runs better with a atheletic qb with good decision making skills then with a qb with good decision making skill that manages a game. Ask any San Fransico fan who would they rather have under center.




    remember this all started with your claim that hes a top 3 qb, he is not.
    Being a life long SF fan I will say I think the 49ers did Smith dirty but I would much rather have Kap under center simply for his ability to extend plays and get big yards. Smith was elusive and a smart qb never really turned the ball over but Kap is way more athletic and with J.H in his ear he will get the smarts he needs. No further comment on the Vic convo. I think its becoming a bit redundant.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    I never payed enough attention to college football to make a determinent about CK. I thought if he tried to strictly run his offense from Oregon, the Eagles would be in trouble. He strikes me as a smart man the more I have heard from him and I don't think he needs an extremely mobile quarterback to run his offense, whatever it may be. Case in point, he drafted Matt Barkley. Not to be confused with any read option QB. That's why I think Vick's days are numbered and there will not be a magical redo of '10. I think either Foles or Barkley is coming out of that competition in the end with Vick and maybe Dixon if he decides to keep him as wrinkles to the offense, especially in the red zone where you have a shorter field and you need to give the D something to think about.
    Agreed. He already said in a press conference he won't be running it exactly. Right now, they are working on the read option as a part of the offense, not THE offense
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  23. all and all decent draft

  24. Niners will absolutely bring home the Lombardi this year!! Our draft was stellar, the one player to really watch out for is Tank Carradine, with Justin Smith having health issues lately I think Tank will step in and make a huge impact. Crabtree getting hurt sucks but I actually think it's a blessing in disguise. Patton and Jenkins will have very good years this year and with Boldin as a mentor that's money!! So we have one of the most exciting Qb's in football, one of the best running backs, James as a playmaker on 3rd downs, a great O Line, oh yeah an VD kickin ass. Now let's look at the defense.... great D Line, the best Linebacking core in football, and now a revamped and very exciting defensive backfield. Not to mention one of the best head coaches in the game. Oh yeah and they all get along!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it

  25. cant friggin wait till September i finally got nfl ticket on directv!!! jealous? i guess with this broken femur of mine i have no choice but to sit on couch and play fantasy football .... damn im prolly gonna get fat again

  26. Lol I am so ready for football and I am very jealous you have the ticket!! I want it specifically for fantasy football
    Life's a garden, dig it

  27. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Niners will absolutely bring home the Lombardi this year!! Our draft was stellar, the one player to really watch out for is Tank Carradine, with Justin Smith having health issues lately I think Tank will step in and make a huge impact. Crabtree getting hurt sucks but I actually think it's a blessing in disguise. Patton and Jenkins will have very good years this year and with Boldin as a mentor that's money!! So we have one of the most exciting Qb's in football, one of the best running backs, James as a playmaker on 3rd downs, a great O Line, oh yeah an VD kickin ass. Now let's look at the defense.... great D Line, the best Linebacking core in football, and now a revamped and very exciting defensive backfield. Not to mention one of the best head coaches in the game. Oh yeah and they all get along!!!
    Im picking Jenkins to have a break out year. J.H is already saying he is greatly improved and I think him and Kap are going to have some good chemistry! Kind of sad this is the last year at the Stick but the new stadium is going to be beautiful!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Im picking Jenkins to have a break out year. J.H is already saying he is greatly improved and I think him and Kap are going to have some good chemistry! Kind of sad this is the last year at the Stick but the new stadium is going to be beautiful!
    I agree, and Patton is going to surprise a lot of people this year!! Damnit September hurry up!!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it

  29. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    I agree, and Patton is going to surprise a lot of people this year!! Damnit September hurry up!!!!
    Right? I have been a 49ers fan my entire life and these past two going on three years have been amazing. Its like the anticipation for the next season is more exciting than the last!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Right? I have been a 49ers fan my entire life and these past two going on three years have been amazing. Its like the anticipation for the next season is more exciting than the last!
    Exactly!! It seems like with each year we get better and more well rounded!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best players in the NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 07:06 PM
  2. NFL draft
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 07:55 AM
  3. 2007 Nfl Draft
    By Chad in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:47 AM
  4. List of Players Gone to the '07 NFL Draft
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 08:51 PM
  5. NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Log in
Log in