Nfl Draft

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There is a good CHANCE Kelly leaves at the end of the year to take Mack Browns spot in Texas. Another Spurrier and Pertrino.
1st spurrier and petrino left because of much worse debut in the NFL than chip is having, are we talking about the same guy who wouldn't leave Oregon so quickly because he wanted to make sure he left the program in good shape. Chip is not leaving the NFL after 1 year.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There is a good CHANCE Kelly leaves at the end of the year to take Mack Browns spot in Texas. Another Spurrier and Pertrino.
1st spurrier and petrino left because of much worse debut in the NFL than chip is having, are we talking abouot the same guy who wouldn't leave Oregon so quickly because he want ed to make sure he left the program in good shape. Chip's not leaving the NFL after 1 year.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chill out on CK. He's a rookie also. He doesn't have a qb, only one receiver that's doing anything, and a wide 9 D switching to a two gap 3-4. Doesn't happen over night. If eagles continue to suck in 3-4 years then we can talk trash. But it's too early right now.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
remember when chip kelly revolutionized the nfl for 30 minutes?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How? He's under contract

I don't think hes is going anywhere, but I doubt that would stop him if he really wanted to leave. Like I said I seriously don't think hes is going anywhere.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think hes is going anywhere, but I doubt that would stop him if he really wanted to leave. Like I said I seriously don't think hes is going anywhere.
The only way chip can leave is if the Eagles front office and chip agree to terminate the contract.

Eagles have some pieces in place. Chip just needs his guys that fit his scheme and it starts with qb and an OLB. Chip didn't inherit a pretty good squad like Jim (49ers) or carrol (seattle) did. Our D was terrible the past two years and offense needs a qb and another legit wr. Let chip have time to get his guys

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only way chip can leave is if the Eagles front office and chip agree to terminate the contract.

Eagles have some pieces in place. Chip just needs his guys that fit his scheme and it starts with qb and an OLB. Chip didn't inherit a pretty good squad like Jim (49ers) or carrol (seattle) did. Our D was terrible the past two years and offense needs a qb and another legit wr. Let chip have time to get his guys
Agreed and it wouldn't be that shocking if they did. If the year tanks, the eagles will be happy to get from under that contract

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed and it wouldn't be that shocking if they did. If the year tanks, the eagles will be happy to get from under that contract
Give me one reason to believe Roseman wants Kelly gone

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If Kelly wanted to leave it wouldn't be hard for it to be a mutual split, you should know that. No owner is going to continue to allow a coach who wants to leave to continue to coach his team. that's just a nightmare waiting to happen. If it was for another NFL team that's a different story, but if he wanted to go back to college, they really don't have much of a choice.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Kelly wanted to leave it wouldn't be hard for it to be a mutual split, you should know that. No owner is going to continue to allow a coach who wants to leave to continue to coach his team. that's just a nightmare waiting to happen. If it was for another NFL team that's a different story, but if he wanted to go back to college, they really don't have much of a choice.
That's not the point I am arguing. With that point, I agree. What I am saying is what if chip is happy, understands it takes time to build a roster, but the GM doesn't want him. I am saying to give me one reason why Roseman wouldn't want kelly.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That's not the point I am arguing. With that point, I agree. What I am saying is what if chip is happy, understands it takes time to build a roster, but the GM doesn't want him. I am saying to give me one reason why Roseman wouldn't want kelly.
Your talking to the wrong person, Im not saying he is leaving or that the eagles want him to, all Im saying if Kelly had intentions to leave after this season there wouldn't be much the eagles could do. With that said that isn't gonna happen, I don't think he does or the eagles want him to.

Kelly is an articulate coach, I doubt he would of taken the job if he didn't have a 4-5 year plan in mind, and Im sure he spoke to the eagles about that when he was hired.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As I said.. If the year tanks.
So one bad year under a new coach and entire new staff, new schemes on offense, defense and special teams, without the players chip wants (guys he inherited from Reid) disqualifies him? Kinda harsh man.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So one bad year under a new coach and entire new staff, new schemes on offense, defense and special teams, without the players chip wants (guys he inherited from Reid) disqualifies him? Kinda harsh man.
I understand but I am curious if a big school came knockin would chip look to go?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand but I am curious if a big school came knockin would chip look to go?
Doubt it. My reason is he knew coming in that this was a 4-12 team with instability at qb.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Chips doing just fine. It takes at least three years to build a team.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chips doing just fine. It takes at least three years to build a team.
yep. although i have been questioning some of his decision making during games. but we tend to forget he is a rookie also.

hulkamaniac54

Awards
Chip was pretty nifty using his rc cameras at camp