Schilling will redeem himself tonight

  1. New Member
    SureShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    365
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    4.89%

    Schilling will redeem himself tonight


    That is all, Red Sox will be the first team in history to come back from a 0-3 hole to win the series.

  2. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    20136
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    87.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by SureShot
    That is all, Red Sox will be the first team in history to come back from a 0-3 hole to win the series.
    Im down with that

    What a storyline that would be..but it aint gonna be easy
  3. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I thought he was done

    BTW, I hope the Yankees lose, they've always taken Oakland's talent even back in the day when they got Reggie Jackson. But I do respect the fact that the Yanks will do whatever it takes to win.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    20136
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    87.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    I thought he was done

    BTW, I hope the Yankees lose, they've always taken Oakland's talent even back in the day when they got Reggie Jackson. But I do respect the fact that the Yanks will do whatever it takes to win.

    I think there should be a salary cap to make it a level playing field.That way small market teams have a chance.
  5. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    I think there should be a salary cap to make it a level playing field.That way small market teams have a chance.
    I disagree with that. These owners are multi-billionaires. They CAN afford big salaries but they choose to run their team like a business when they should be worried about winning. I personally see the salary cap as punishment for teams that do good and rewarding teams who just want to make $$$ and lie to their fans.
  6. New Member
    SureShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    365
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    4.89%

    MadMan where in RI are you from? I grew up in North Kingstown
  7. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    20136
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    87.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by SureShot
    MadMan where in RI are you from? I grew up in North Kingstown

    Cumberland...Northern RI. Hello neighbor
  8. New Member
    gosox1918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    2.5%

    schilling all the way, and madman i got peeps in the bucket
  9. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Power
    10789
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    I disagree with that. These owners are multi-billionaires. They CAN afford big salaries but they choose to run their team like a business when they should be worried about winning. I personally see the salary cap as punishment for teams that do good and rewarding teams who just want to make $$$ and lie to their fans.
    exactly what i think. the other teams have just as much money, they just spend it other ways.
  10. New Member
    SureShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    365
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    4.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Cumberland...Northern RI. Hello neighbor
    Yea im in Jersey now finishing up school...have to put up with all the part-time yankee dick waggers...we will show them tonight if it doesnt get rained out.
  11. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1017
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    I disagree with that. These owners are multi-billionaires. They CAN afford big salaries but they choose to run their team like a business when they should be worried about winning. I personally see the salary cap as punishment for teams that do good and rewarding teams who just want to make $$$ and lie to their fans.
    D'uh!

    They have the money they do because they run their businesses LIKE... businesses. What a concept huh?

    Personally, I think every owner (like what they're doing in the NHL) should be banding together to kick the **** out of the players and their unions.

    You comment about making money and lying to their fans holds no weight. The Toronto Blue Jays have poor support from fans because they aren't a competitive team. Why aren't they a competitive team? Because they can't AFFORD the 120+ million dollars in salaries to make them competitive. It's not that they're hoarding the money for themselves it's that the league has gone so far out of control that teams who can normally fill a stadium with 55,000 fans can't do it anymore because they can't afford the salaries.

    If the team continues to poor good money after bad, eventually the team will fold because the owner ran out of money. Yep.. smart business there - keep giving more and more and more without anything in return.
  12. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    20136
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    87.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    D'uh!

    They have the money they do because they run their businesses LIKE... businesses. What a concept huh?

    Personally, I think every owner (like what they're doing in the NHL) should be banding together to kick the **** out of the players and their unions.

    You comment about making money and lying to their fans holds no weight. The Toronto Blue Jays have poor support from fans because they aren't a competitive team. Why aren't they a competitive team? Because they can't AFFORD the 120+ million dollars in salaries to make them competitive. It's not that they're hoarding the money for themselves it's that the league has gone so far out of control that teams who can normally fill a stadium with 55,00 fans can't do it anymore because they can't afford the salaries.

    If the team continues to poor good money after bad, eventually the team will fold because the owner ran out of money. Yep.. smart business there - keep giving more and more and more without anything in return.
    Montreal Expos are a great example of that as well..They became the farm leauge to other MLB teams with deep pockets,like Pedro to Boston,New York,Vlad Gurriero to Anahaim and a ton of others..The NFL has a salary cap and it seems to work well for them.If you level the playing field it would give markets like Kansas city and others to atleast a chance to compete..
  13. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1017
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The NFL also has a revenue sharing system which allows teams like the Packers to compete in today's overpriced salary market.

    The NFL took a stance that it's better to have 29 (or whatever the number is.. don't recall) competitive teams that each and every year have a chance to go to the Superbowl than have 3 or 4 teams every year, year after year.

    It's a more exciting game for everyone concerned when all teams are competitive relative to each other.
  14. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    966
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    50.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ive become a redsox fan over the years from hating and rooting agaisnt the ny panties. what a way for the sox to get back to the world series.... coming back from a 0-3 deficit. its going to happen.
    Sage
  15. New Member
    SureShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    365
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    4.89%

    Just got done listening to the red sox press conference on espn radio, Francona was reaaal testy, especially when answering a question about Schilling using a slide step during a catch session yesterday.
  16. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13070
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    D'uh!

    They have the money they do because they run their businesses LIKE... businesses. What a concept huh?

    Personally, I think every owner (like what they're doing in the NHL) should be banding together to kick the **** out of the players and their unions.

    You comment about making money and lying to their fans holds no weight. The Toronto Blue Jays have poor support from fans because they aren't a competitive team. Why aren't they a competitive team? Because they can't AFFORD the 120+ million dollars in salaries to make them competitive. It's not that they're hoarding the money for themselves it's that the league has gone so far out of control that teams who can normally fill a stadium with 55,000 fans can't do it anymore because they can't afford the salaries.

    If the team continues to poor good money after bad, eventually the team will fold because the owner ran out of money. Yep.. smart business there - keep giving more and more and more without anything in return.
    I get your point, but IMO it's still a form of punishment to those teams that do whatever it takes to win. I did go out of line by saying ALL teams lie to their fans about their money situation, but the Oakland A's owners are multi-billionaires and they could have resigned Jason Giambi, Miguel Tejada, Johnny Damon, and Keith Foulke if they really wanted to. Other teams were willing to give them the money so they shouldn't be restricted to how much they want to spend because those teams are in the business of being great sports franchises, while other teams just want to make money.
  17. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    20136
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    87.44%

    Schilling did redeem himself in big way...I didnt think he had it in the tank but bloody ankle and all,what a warrior.
  18. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    20136
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    87.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Schilling did redeem himself in big way...I didnt think he had it in the tank but bloody ankle and all,what a warrior.

    This guy is amazing,he was not going to pitch yesterday.He woke up at 7 a.m. Sunday, he panicked.

    "I wasn't going to pitch. I couldn't walk. I couldn't move," he said.

    Then Schilling got in his car for the drive from suburban Boston to Fenway Park and saw how much fans were counting on him.

    "There were signs every mile from my house to this ballpark, on fire stations, on telephone poles, wishing me luck," he said.

    Only after arriving at the ballpark and having doctors look him over did Schilling learn what had gone wrong.

    "Somehow we had put an extra stitch in this time because there was some issues we wanted to try and avoid from last time and we had caught a nerve in the leg," he said. "And we took that stitch out, and things started to change almost immediately from that point."

    Blood soaking his sock again and his velocity inconsistent at times, Schilling set up a devastating splitter when he needed it against the Cardinals. He gave up just four hits and an unearned run in six innings, got the important outs he needed and held St. Louis to 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position
  19. New Member
    SureShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    478
    Rep Power
    365
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    4.89%

    Willis Reed ain't got **** on Schilling now! The sox have to stop making so many errors though (8 in two games). Whats amazing to me about this series so far is how baaaad the Cardinals pitching has been. They have one of the best defenses in the league but they cant do anything because of the pitching.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  2. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
  3. PA gets to explain himself on HBO tonight
    By motiv8er in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2002, 05:06 AM
  5. will be posting before and after pics soon
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2002, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in