Schilling will redeem himself tonight

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
That is all, Red Sox will be the first team in history to come back from a 0-3 hole to win the series.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is all, Red Sox will be the first team in history to come back from a 0-3 hole to win the series.
Im down with that :blink:

What a storyline that would be..but it aint gonna be easy

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I thought he was done :blink:

BTW, I hope the Yankees lose, they've always taken Oakland's talent even back in the day when they got Reggie Jackson. But I do respect the fact that the Yanks will do whatever it takes to win.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought he was done :blink:

BTW, I hope the Yankees lose, they've always taken Oakland's talent even back in the day when they got Reggie Jackson. But I do respect the fact that the Yanks will do whatever it takes to win.

I think there should be a salary cap to make it a level playing field.That way small market teams have a chance.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think there should be a salary cap to make it a level playing field.That way small market teams have a chance.
I disagree with that. These owners are multi-billionaires. They CAN afford big salaries but they choose to run their team like a business when they should be worried about winning. I personally see the salary cap as punishment for teams that do good and rewarding teams who just want to make $$$ and lie to their fans.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
MadMan where in RI are you from? I grew up in North Kingstown

gosox1918

Awards
schilling all the way, and madman i got peeps in the bucket

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with that. These owners are multi-billionaires. They CAN afford big salaries but they choose to run their team like a business when they should be worried about winning. I personally see the salary cap as punishment for teams that do good and rewarding teams who just want to make $$$ and lie to their fans.
exactly what i think. the other teams have just as much money, they just spend it other ways.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Cumberland...Northern RI. Hello neighbor
Yea im in Jersey now finishing up school...have to put up with all the part-time yankee dick waggers...we will show them tonight if it doesnt get rained out.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
D'uh!

They have the money they do because they run their businesses LIKE... businesses. What a concept huh?

Personally, I think every owner (like what they're doing in the NHL) should be banding together to kick the **** out of the players and their unions.

You comment about making money and lying to their fans holds no weight. The Toronto Blue Jays have poor support from fans because they aren't a competitive team. Why aren't they a competitive team? Because they can't AFFORD the 120+ million dollars in salaries to make them competitive. It's not that they're hoarding the money for themselves it's that the league has gone so far out of control that teams who can normally fill a stadium with 55,000 fans can't do it anymore because they can't afford the salaries.

If the team continues to poor good money after bad, eventually the team will fold because the owner ran out of money. Yep.. smart business there - keep giving more and more and more without anything in return.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
D'uh!

They have the money they do because they run their businesses LIKE... businesses. What a concept huh?

Personally, I think every owner (like what they're doing in the NHL) should be banding together to kick the **** out of the players and their unions.

You comment about making money and lying to their fans holds no weight. The Toronto Blue Jays have poor support from fans because they aren't a competitive team. Why aren't they a competitive team? Because they can't AFFORD the 120+ million dollars in salaries to make them competitive. It's not that they're hoarding the money for themselves it's that the league has gone so far out of control that teams who can normally fill a stadium with 55,00 fans can't do it anymore because they can't afford the salaries.

If the team continues to poor good money after bad, eventually the team will fold because the owner ran out of money. Yep.. smart business there - keep giving more and more and more without anything in return.
Montreal Expos are a great example of that as well..They became the farm leauge to other MLB teams with deep pockets,like Pedro to Boston,New York,Vlad Gurriero to Anahaim and a ton of others..The NFL has a salary cap and it seems to work well for them.If you level the playing field it would give markets like Kansas city and others to atleast a chance to compete..

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The NFL also has a revenue sharing system which allows teams like the Packers to compete in today's overpriced salary market.

The NFL took a stance that it's better to have 29 (or whatever the number is.. don't recall) competitive teams that each and every year have a chance to go to the Superbowl than have 3 or 4 teams every year, year after year.

It's a more exciting game for everyone concerned when all teams are competitive relative to each other.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ive become a redsox fan over the years from hating and rooting agaisnt the ny panties. what a way for the sox to get back to the world series.... coming back from a 0-3 deficit. its going to happen.
Sage

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Just got done listening to the red sox press conference on espn radio, Francona was reaaal testy, especially when answering a question about Schilling using a slide step during a catch session yesterday.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
D'uh!

You comment about making money and lying to their fans holds no weight. The Toronto Blue Jays have poor support from fans because they aren't a competitive team. Why aren't they a competitive team? Because they can't AFFORD the 120+ million dollars in salaries to make them competitive. It's not that they're hoarding the money for themselves it's that the league has gone so far out of control that teams who can normally fill a stadium with 55,000 fans can't do it anymore because they can't afford the salaries.

I get your point, but IMO it's still a form of punishment to those teams that do whatever it takes to win. I did go out of line by saying ALL teams lie to their fans about their money situation, but the Oakland A's owners are multi-billionaires and they could have resigned Jason Giambi, Miguel Tejada, Johnny Damon, and Keith Foulke if they really wanted to. Other teams were willing to give them the money so they shouldn't be restricted to how much they want to spend because those teams are in the business of being great sports franchises, while other teams just want to make money.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Schilling did redeem himself in big way...I didnt think he had it in the tank but bloody ankle and all,what a warrior.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Schilling did redeem himself in big way...I didnt think he had it in the tank but bloody ankle and all,what a warrior.

This guy is amazing,he was not going to pitch yesterday.He woke up at 7 a.m. Sunday, he panicked.

"I wasn't going to pitch. I couldn't walk. I couldn't move," he said.

Then Schilling got in his car for the drive from suburban Boston to Fenway Park and saw how much fans were counting on him.

"There were signs every mile from my house to this ballpark, on fire stations, on telephone poles, wishing me luck," he said.

Only after arriving at the ballpark and having doctors look him over did Schilling learn what had gone wrong.

"Somehow we had put an extra stitch in this time because there was some issues we wanted to try and avoid from last time and we had caught a nerve in the leg," he said. "And we took that stitch out, and things started to change almost immediately from that point."

Blood soaking his sock again and his velocity inconsistent at times, Schilling set up a devastating splitter when he needed it against the Cardinals. He gave up just four hits and an unearned run in six innings, got the important outs he needed and held St. Louis to 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Willis Reed ain't got **** on Schilling now! The sox have to stop making so many errors though (8 in two games). Whats amazing to me about this series so far is how baaaad the Cardinals pitching has been. They have one of the best defenses in the league but they cant do anything because of the pitching.