NHL PLAYOFF THREAD

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chicago is the favored seed I have falling this year in the first round. The reason: goaltending. Pekka Rinne has a .931 SV% since March. He's peaking at the right time along with a big and nasty defense corps.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chicago is the favored seed I have falling this year in the first round. The reason: goaltending. Pekka Rinne has a .931 SV% since March. He's peaking at the right time along with a big and nasty defense corps.
Very valid. Just hoping the speed of the hawks play style, a result primarily due to the amount of young players, will overcome it. Should be a good matchup.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Buffalo Sabres! There is a lot of talent in the east coast this year, definitely should be some really good series.

hondizzle420

Awards
all teams are garbage. the sharks are going to shake off all the bull**** of the past seasons to do the do this year

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some great parrity in the league this year with a few dark horses. If my Coyotes get past Detroit in the first round I think they will ride that wave far.

xlivefreex

Awards
Coyotes are scary.
They remind me of the pens team from last year.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
vancouver_canucks_1995.gif

PFFFTTT to all of you.:AR15firing:

Honestly theres a lot of dangerous teams this year though.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Red Wings ... root for them every season ... this one is no different

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Some great parrity in the league this year with a few dark horses. If my Coyotes get past Detroit in the first round I think they will ride that wave far.
This would be both awesome and fantastic.

protempsfish

Awards
Seeing as my Leafs wont make the dance AGAIN, i can look at the teams objectively. Sabres look good but if you look at the Penguins, they arent much different from the team last year and they have one more season behind their belt. If I were to pick a team I would say New Jersey. Parise and Kovulchuk on the same team with Brodeur healthy? Scary. Would be cool if Ottawa made some noise but no goaltending plus Daniel Alfredson make them a long shot.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree here about the Devils. They have been quietly going about taking care of business. I also am worried about Vancouver. That team is scary from top to bottom. Come on playoffs!! Time to see some real hockey. No holding back and playing 100% every shift.

lowboy

lowboy

Awards
I love the flyers but we have brian boucher in net.... Either way I am just excited to watch playoff hockey.

protempsfish

Awards
I love the flyers but we have brian boucher in net.... Either way I am just excited to watch playoff hockey.
I hear ya. Why doesnt Philly ever get a bonafide goaltender? it just baffles me

xlivefreex

Awards
Pens lost by one, game was intense on all ends.
and in other news, this Coyotes game is intense.
hit after hit.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
LETS GO YOTES!
So stoked we took the first game against the wings. I'm going to game 2, I can't wait.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, my Avs pulled out game 1. A split on the road is all I can ask for and then expect them take care of business at home.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow some surprises for sure. Yeah baby...Yotes were a wrecking ball last night!! Doan was a beast.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I would love to see Doan get a Cup win...He deserves it and always works hard/is a 2 way player.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree on the 2 player. He is not very much on skill but plays both ends of the sheet and brings a big physical package!

protempsfish

Awards
Holy upset. Good game for Montreal. Where was Ovie? 0 SHOTS on goal when Washington had 50? Ouch.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established

Pretty much sums up the game(pic not from game lol). Was a goodun. Quick well...lived up to his name. Kings got out shot all game but he was a rock that held them together even though they still lost heh. Its shaping up to be a great series!

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Holy upset. Good game for Montreal. Where was Ovie? 0 SHOTS on goal when Washington had 50? Ouch.
They think he may be injured or at least not 100% by the way he is skating. Def was a good game for Mon.

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
Have been a fan of Detroit as long as I can remember. A lot of good teams in it this season.

xlivefreex

Awards
this coyotes game is insane

5 goals in less than 6 minutes.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Yotes split with Red Wings so it goes to Detroit now. I will be happy if they split there as well. The second period of tonights game was unreal.

xlivefreex

Awards
I love Penguins hockey.
and the fact that Sid faked out Spezza 4 times.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Yotes game last night was so exciting. The crowd was great...too bad we couldn't pull it out. We wasted too many powerplays.

xlivefreex

Awards
Yotes game last night was so exciting. The crowd was great...too bad we couldn't pull it out. We wasted too many powerplays.
the fact that the fans counted down when game one ended got me a little excited. good for that win. and for the city itself waking up.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
the fact that the fans counted down when game one ended got me a little excited. good for that win. and for the city itself waking up.
For sure man, we need it. We need the coyotes to stay here next season, not move. Not too many people out here are into hockey, that needs to change.

hondizzle420

Awards
sharks pulled the ot win out there ass. especially after taking one in the ass on sunday!!

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
So I have never really been a hockey fan. I went to a Columbus Bluejackets game the first year they became a franchise when I visted family in Ohio, but didn't fall in love. However, I need something to follow/watch now. I miss football and basketball is average at best. I don't consider baseball a sport. That being said, I have been watching the NHL playoffs the last two weeks and I love it more than words can describe. I chose a team when it began and went with Vancouver. I have been angry the last two games.

protempsfish

Awards
Nothing like playoff hockey to raise testosterone levels-better than any supplement. Cant believe the Flyers/Preds, wow. Ottawa/Montreal dont stand a chance now (and maybe never did). Coyotes had a chance to take a strangle hold but I fear they have lost momentum. Canucks have lost goaltending and if they win vs L.A. they wont go far.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No but I caught the Coyote game today and I will be at game 7 on Tuesday!!

protempsfish

Awards
Wow, cant believe Montreal. Good job knocking off #1 seed as well as Stanley Cup champs. This is turning out to be an interesting playoffs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Marcus ATW Sports Talk 21
Sports Talk 120