NHL PLAYOFF THREAD

protempsfish

Awards
It's about time that the Sharks made it through. Thorton is still sucking but this could be the Sharks year. Hawks looked pretty good though. This Byfuglien fellow is a beast. Where did he come from?! Love da hockey.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's about time that the Sharks made it through. Thorton is still sucking but this could be the Sharks year. Hawks looked pretty good though. This Byfuglien fellow is a beast. Where did he come from?! Love da hockey.
Let me preface this by saying I am a HUGE hawks fan. My dad has been a season ticket holder for quite some time and i grew up playing hockey.

Now the reason why Buff is considered an out of the blue player is because Chicago is damn near impossible to impress. He was brought in on a decently high salary, which many fans did not think he was worth. The committed Indian, which is a grassroots style program sold outside the stadium (and highly recommended for fans in Chicago) didn't like him to much. The pretty much considered him a fat sloth and an overpaid underachiever, which is actually pretty close to their real words used (since they are grassroots, titles such as "Quenville goes ****ing ape**** over last nights loss" are not uncommon).

To me he was always necessary, he was big, agressive, and best of all intimidating, which is something such a young team as the hawks desperately needed. Im sure many hockey fans in here will remember the days of enforcers, which have unfortunately dissapeared from the sport. Buff is like our enforcer. No one really wants to mess with him, and he stops opposing teams from hitting key players -- a definite plus.

Suddenly he learned that his size can significantly benefit the team if he just crashes the net after a shot, which is pretty much where the hat trick came from. I look forward to him continuing this until we lift a cup. I am also glad big buff is getting the recognition he has deserved.

protempsfish

Awards
I did hear a tidbit of his history on our sports network. Chicago is looking very good. I still cant believe Montreal. If they beat either Philly/Boston they could be very dangerous. Phily and Boston are decimated with key injuries. Makes for an interesting playoffs. I feel bad for hockey fans in ChiTown as I know Mr Wurtz has not been a great owner. Kind of reminds me of the Harold Ballard days in Toronto. But now it looks as though the Hawks will be good for a long stretch.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did hear a tidbit of his history on our sports network. Chicago is looking very good. I still cant believe Montreal. If they beat either Philly/Boston they could be very dangerous. Phily and Boston are decimated with key injuries. Makes for an interesting playoffs. I feel bad for hockey fans in ChiTown as I know Mr Wurtz has not been a great owner. Kind of reminds me of the Harold Ballard days in Toronto. But now it looks as though the Hawks will be good for a long stretch.
The Mr. Wurtz you are thinking of has passed away. His son is actually a pretty good owner and has done alot to increase the fan base in chicago. His father wouldn't even allow home games to air on TV, which fortunately, Rocky as reversed instantly after his death.

protempsfish

Awards
I knew Wurtz senior passed away. it was actually big news in Toronto and all the talk radio shows were discussing Chicago's 'new direction' when news hit that he had passed. Toronto is hockey town central so any signifigant news regarding pro hockey gets talked about and debated to no end!

xlivefreex

Awards
This years playoffs have been nothing short of insane.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im from philly, rep all philly teams. GO FLYERS!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SkRaw85 Sports Talk 8
Misfit28 General Chat 25
Sports Talk 17
Marcus ATW Sports Talk 21
Sports Talk 120