2009 College World Series

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who ya got? LSU is looking like the team to beat to me right now...

Got tickets to Game 11, and plan to go to the finals (I'm only about an hour from Omaha).

keeper

The "altered bat" issue bothers me. It seems that the latest (but certainly not the first) means of bat enhancement is shaving, which increases the ball speed by 10-15 mph after impact with the bat. Tell me why this is any less an issue than using performance enhancers, especially at this level of competition. I mean why is it that they've gotten by with altering the equip (which "enhances" the performance of ALL who use that piece of equip) but Sosa, Bonds, Ramirez, etc. are screwed?

3PeteNC

3PeteNC

Awards
The "altered bat" issue bothers me. It seems that the latest (but certainly not the first) means of bat enhancement is shaving, which increases the ball speed by 10-15 mph after impact with the bat. Tell me why this is any less an issue than using performance enhancers, especially at this level of competition. I mean why is it that they've gotten by with altering the equip (which "enhances" the performance of ALL who use that piece of equip) but Sosa, Bonds, Ramirez, etc. are screwed?

The thread's about who you think will win the CWS, not about steroids in baseball, don't highjack the man's thread so you can rant.

I have LSU all the way baby! Bayou Bengals are gonna take the trophy this year!

keeper

'Scuse me. I was asking an honest question, thinking it might add interest here since this has been at the forefront of discussion in college baseball. I was not intentionally hijacking anything, just tossing it in to increase traffic to the thread. And the rant was in favor of, not opposition to perf. enhancers. The bat issue obviously enhances performance... yet it has been much tolerated til this series, while so many greats have been crucified for the use of other means of enhancement. I'll say no more on the subject. Consider it dropped with my apologies for the "hijack."

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm all for Texas winning it, but I think they are going to run into a buzzsaw in LSU. They are on fire right now.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah LSU is dominating right now for sure, but you never know.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I quit watching when Miami was eliminated.

But I live in BR and everyone here expects the 6th baseball title to come back to The Box (LSU's baseball stadium).

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
LSU all the way.

My dad and I were considering driving up for the championship series but decided against it.