Kobe Bryant is a JOKE

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Ugh... Long week.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Are you a Laker fan? I know you're a vehement LeBron hater but living in NC, I'd have figured you for a Hornets, Bobcats or Hawks fan.
    NEVER said I loathe 'prince james.'
    I've stated with clarity that he's got skills.
    He's just NOT the King

Actually I'm not that big of a NBA fan since MJ retired.
    Not in love with your generation player.

I like Kobe,so I pull for the Lakers,just like I pulled for the Bulls.

So you are a Knicks fan I presume???
    •   

3. Nah, I'm a Nets fan. I wind up rooting for Cleveland most of the time though, since the Nets are usually out of contention early and the Cavs are on TV all the time. That, and I like treating LBJ's testicles like a tire swing.

I don't buy the whole "newer generation of players are all me-first guys" copout though. I think there's a mix of those guys, along with team-first guys, and a slew of guys in between......just as there were in the 90's, 80's, etc.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Nah, I'm a Nets fan. I wind up rooting for Cleveland most of the time though, since the Nets are usually out of contention early and the Cavs are on TV all the time. That, and I like treating LBJ's testicles like a tire swing.

I don't buy the whole "newer generation of players are all me-first guys" copout though. I think there's a mix of those guys, along with team-first guys, and a slew of guys in between......just as there were in the 90's, 80's, etc.
    You don't have to buy....
    I'm still selling though.
    Just asked the GREATS...MJ,Magic,Bird etc.

Where did I say in mt post that they were "all me first guys?" Talk about foreshadowing

How many times did the 3 above mentioned hold out,piss/moan about a contract? Jump ship to another team to follow the paper trail???

MJ made more money from a gatorade contract than from playing ball for christ sakes!

5. Right...cuz MJ would never sellout to corporate sponsors, demand the ball or berate his teammates.

(I say this not to disparage Mike, he's the best, but only to show that there's not that much of a change in the great players attitudes from today and yesteryear. For every Iverson, there's a Duncan, etc.)

6. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Right...cuz MJ would never sellout to corporate sponsors, demand the ball or berate his teammates.

(I say this not to disparage Mike, he's the best, but only to show that there's not that much of a change in the great players attitudes from today and yesteryear. For every Iverson, there's a Duncan, etc.)
    SELLOUT

YOU think MJ went in search of corporate sponsorship???????????
    I can only imagine how many he turned down.They pursued him.
    Everybody with a mom wanted to be associated w/the greatest.

MJ went in search of championship rings.
    He not only demoralized his opponents,but an entire generation...See Barkely,Malone,Stockton,Ewing etc..

The Rockets still send him thank you cards every June for loaning them 2 rings.

7. Right...and Nike wanted nothing to do with LeBron. Adidas wanted nothing to do with Garnett. Reebok wanted nothing to do with Iverson. Icy Hot wanted nothing to do with Shaq. Vitamin Water wanted nothing to do with Nash. Of course not, these players were approached, just like MJ was approached.

Of course these guys are gonna get deals from companies...so.....?

(my original corporate-sellout analogy probably wasn't the best idea...just trying to show that there's not too much difference between players now and 10 years ago...at least not enough to make someone wanna give up the NBA)

8. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Right...and Nike wanted nothing to do with LeBron. Adidas wanted nothing to do with Garnett. Reebok wanted nothing to do with Iverson. Icy Hot wanted nothing to do with Shaq. Vitamin Water wanted nothing to do with Nash. Of course not, these players were approached, just like MJ was approached.

Of course these guys are gonna get deals from companies...so.....?

(my original corporate-sellout analogy probably wasn't the best idea...just trying to show that there's not too much difference between players now and 10 years ago...at least not enough to make someone wanna give up the NBA)
    You need to go back and read my post..64 & 66 to be exact.I add tidbits as you post also

9. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    You need to go back and read my post...I add tidbits as you post also
    Word, just read the additions....but c'mon, LeBron wasn't busting his butt for a ring this year? Playing tons of minutes, doing everything in every facet of the game to carry his team as far as he could. You don't think he was "in search of a championship ring"?

Same goes for Kobe. Granted, when we speak about MJ, Kobe, LBJ, these are guys that are on a different level...but still. There's not much of a "generation gap" when it comes to "guys who play their heart out in search of a title"....ask Kevin Garnett.

10. Of course MJ demanded the ball in crunch time.
    He was the best player on the court,and deserved it.

Berating his teammates...ASK any of them did it ultimately make them better players and champions.
    Brad Sellers excluded...He was a VAGINA.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    Of course MJ demanded the ball in crunch time.
    He was the best player on the court,and deserved it.

Berating his teammates...ASK any of them did it ultimately make them better players and champions.
    Brad Sellers excluded...He was a VAGINA.
    I've got no arguments with any of this.

12. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Word, just read the additions....but c'mon, LeBron wasn't busting his butt for a ring this year? Playing tons of minutes, doing everything in every facet of the game to carry his team as far as he could. You don't think he was "in search of a championship ring"?

Same goes for Kobe. Granted, when we speak about MJ, Kobe, LBJ, these are guys that are on a different level...but still. There's not much of a "generation gap" when it comes to "guys who play their heart out in search of a title"....ask Kevin Garnett.
    KG got his ring.He needed 2 future HOFamers to do so.Be that as it may.He still got his ring.
    Would have been more impressive if he could've stayed in Minn.and made the players around him better.He had one team in the West.conf. finals,but couldn't get over the hump.Similar to James this year.

13. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    KG got his ring.He needed 2 future HOFamers to do so.Be that as it may.He still got his ring.
    Would have been more impressive if he could've stayed in Minn.and made the players around him better.He had one team in the West.conf. finals,but couldn't get over the hump.Similar to James this year.
    Right, but does that mean he's not a fierce competitor who plays with heart on both ends of the floor and wants nothing more than to win? Nah mean...?

14. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I've got no arguments with any of this.
    The only reason I pointed out the obvious is, your original post was written with a slight sense of sarcasm an an eye roll

15. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    The only reason I pointed out the obvious is, your original post was written with a slight sense of sarcasm an an eye roll
    Just trying to dig and figure out what it is that you don't like about today's NBA, compared to the NBA of yesteryear. Help me out mah brutha.

16. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Right, but does that mean he's not a fierce competitor who plays with heart on both ends of the floor and wants nothing more than to win? Nah mean...?
    I've never questioned KG or James competitveness .
    That has A LOT to do with ego also.

17. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    I've never questioned KG or James competitveness .
    That has A LOT to do with ego also.
    True, and great players like MJ, Kobe, LBJ, etc typically have no shortage of ego.

18. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Just trying to dig and figure out what it is that you don't like about today's NBA, compared to the NBA of yesteryear. Help me out mah brutha.
    Now you are just being cynical.
    I've pointed out on more than one occasion the difference between my generation player as opposed to your generation player.

1.MONEY/GREED/SELFISHNESS....NO loyalty to one franchise.
    2.Gotta make ESPN'S top ten ten highlight reel.
    3.Gangsta mentality....Speaking of which.Different sport,but PLEASE don't get me started on your homey Plexico

19. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    Now you are just being cynical.
    I've pointed out on more than one occasion the difference between my generation player as opposed to your generation player.

1.MONEY/GREED/SELFISHNESS....NO loyalty to one franchise.
    2.Gotta make ESPN'S top ten ten highlight reel.
    3.Gangsta mentality....Speaking of which.Different sport,but PLEASE don't get me started on your homey Plexico
    I don't think there's much of a difference between players today and before in terms of #1 or #2. Players always want the max $ deal they can get, and always have. Just as there are hot dogs who make unnecessary fancy plays now...there were then as well. As far as #3 goes, I'll give you this...there's certainly way more tattoos and corn rows nowadays.

DON'T get me started on Plax. I'm happy he helped deliver the G-Men a Superbowl trophy, but I'm officially done with him.

20. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    True, and great players like MJ, Kobe, LBJ, etc typically have no shortage of ego.

MJ/Kobe....BEST of their generation.Deserving egos.

James aspiring to be on the same level.
    He may very well get there.No doubt.
    When he proves he can carry a team for not just one season,but multiple seasons and hoist the Larry O'Brien hardware,he'll get all the props that i give Kobe.

MJ,on the otherhand...different story.

21. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    MJ/Kobe....BEST of their generation.Deserving egos.

James aspiring to be on the same level.
    He may very well get there.No doubt.
    When he proves he can carry a team for not just one season,but multiple seasons and hoist the Larry O'Brien hardware,he'll get all the props that i give Kobe.

MJ,on the otherhand...different story.
    James is unreal. Physical specimen who's also got the god-given talent and work ethic to back it up. Fills the stat sheet in every category and can hurt you in a myriad of ways. Can't wait till he's got a ring or two so the h8ers can zip it.

22. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I don't think there's much of a difference between players today and before in terms of #1 or #2. Players always want the max $ deal they can get, and always have. Just as there are hot dogs who make unnecessary fancy plays now...there were then as well. As far as #3 goes, I'll give you this...there's certainly way more tattoos and corn rows nowadays.

DON'T get me started on Plax. I'm happy he helped deliver the G-Men a Superbowl trophy, but I'm officially done with him.
    Plax.TYPICAL thug.
    if you feel you need to be strapped to go in said club...Stay the hell out.Period.

PERFECT example of this generation.IMO.

Hot dogging.
    Off the top of my dome,only 2 come to mine as opposed to today's generation.One of them was before my time even.

Pistol Pete.
    Jay Will.

23. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    James is unreal. Physical specimen who's also got the god-given talent and work ethic to back it up. Fills the stat sheet in every category and can hurt you in a myriad of ways. Can't wait till he's got a ring or two so the h8ers can zip it.
    Well until then,he'll just be all the above mentioned.

24. Kobe Bryant is a JOKE.

25. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I believe you mean you can't wait for Shaq to help him get a ring...

Trust me, the haters multiply after that... as little sense as it makes.

Then you have to win one without Shaq... what a joke.

26. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Kobe Bryant is a 4 time WORLD CHAMPION!
    FIXED it fo ya

27. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    I believe you mean you can't wait for Shaq to help him get a ring...

Trust me, the haters multiply after that... as little sense as it makes.

Then you have to win one without Shaq... what a joke.
    shaq is done..put a fork in his LAZY ass

28. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    That was just for the sake of arguement... Shaq will not bring a ring to Cleveland.

29. Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    18 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 60% FG last year...idk man, could still have a bit left in the tank. Playing with LBJ can only help.

30. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    That was just for the sake of arguement... Shaq will not bring a ring to Cleveland.
    I'm thinking this will frustrate james enough to give him more reason to BAIL on Cleveland,(his home state)btw, and bolt for ny.

There you go Dub!All the more reason to nut-hug.
    He'll be a new yorker

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fun in the shower with Ron and Kobe!
    By pitt6691 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 02:35 AM
  2. String Joke/Chicken Joke
    By RenegadeRows in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 08:55 AM
  3. Kobe drops 81!!!!
    By gixxman in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 05:01 PM
  4. Steroids on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel(HBO)
    By Mach .78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 11:11 PM
  5. Any pics released of Kobe's 19year old chick?
    By \/\_FIERCE_/\/ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 10:21 PM