Kobe Bryant is a JOKE

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else witness Kobe Bryant showing his true colors again tonight? It's funny to me how arrogant he is yet he's not even the best player in the NBA anymore, Lebron is. I'm not a big Artest fan but there is no reason he should of got ejected for standing up for himself when the ref's didn't after being elbowed in the throat. Grow up Kobe.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
didnt see what ur talking bout u got a link ? man i cont wanna wait for sports center lol

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
He elbowed Artest in the throat, somehow Artest ended up with the foul. Then when Artest went to say something to Kobe about it, Kobe throws his hands up in the air like he doesnt know what's going on. Then after Artest gets kicked out Kobe makes his next jumper on Battier and proceeds to taunt him like a little bitch. I really dont get the taunting, when you are supposed to be a super-star, making a jump should be NORMAL. I'm just fed up with him being such a arrogant prick. If I was building a team right now he wouldn't be in my top 3 that i'd start my team with.

lalakers24

lalakers24

Awards
Kobe is one of the best players to ever play the game. How can you say that? Reigning MVP babyy

allenzo

Awards
Kobe is one of the best players to ever play the game. How can you say that? Reigning MVP babyy
No longer the reigning MVP Lebron is and rightfully. Kobes's nickname should not be the black mamba, it should be the black hole. Kobe shot the ball 20 more times this year than the closes person, Paul Pierce. He shot the ball 50 more times than Lebron. He averaged 3.5 less points shoting 4 more shots than Lebron per game. Kobe is a ball hog and will be nothing more than that. He is a great scorer but will not come close to being the greatest in history.

No disrespect to the poster, my wife is Kobe/Lakers fan. She can't stand that i talk trash about him.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Way to put it allenzo.
Lalakers - I never said Kobe wasnt great, although is not the reigning MVP anymore. I'd say he is the 2nd best player talent wise in the NBA. However, it's his personality that makes him a joke to me. Watch a interview with him and then a interview with Lebron. Lebron treats the reporter like a person while Kobe treats them like trash. Like they should be kissing his feet or something, it's ridiculous. He might be able to get away with it in my book if he WAS better than everyone else though, but he's not. Lebron IS the best player in the NBA and will be for years to come.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
all hail king james finals here we come!

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
to say kobe bryant is a joke... well its a joke. he might no longer be the best player in the league but hes top 3 no doubt. and for being in the top 3 in the best basketball league in the world he has every right to be a cocky f*ck. was the elbow classy? no and he only made himself and his character look bad. but as for him on the court? dont hate

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ur an idiot...kobe is the best player in the league...lebron isn't on kobe's level yet...and yes he is arrogant but that doesn't mean he's not a good player....t.o.'s the biggest d bag in sports but he's still a good player u can't deny it even if u don't like someones personality

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I never said he wasn't a good player nor did I say he wasnt one of the top 3 players in the NBA. I said that he wouldn't be one of my top 3 due to his attitude and the way that when he does well its usually because he's jacking up 40 shots a game and not getting his teamates involved the way Lebron does. Lebron passes, scores, AND rebounds along with being #2 in the defensive player of the year battle this year. All at the age of 23/24. If that's not the best player in the league then I do not know what is. I think when it's said and done with Lebron will be looked at as the best player in NBA history.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
so what does lebron being the best player in the league have to do with kobe? lol why does that make him a joke? he never claimed to be the best player in the league he just likes to show off but if your good at something and you work that hard then you have every right to nod your head at the camera man after you hit a nice j.

can we get a HATER smiley on these boards?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to sip on any hater-aid or anything, but Lebron is the better overall well rounded player... IMO and this is early on in his career while Kobe, not past his prime, is certainly in the 2nd half of his career. It's still early to call it final, but when the dust settles I think we'll see Lebron on top.

SENSEZFAIL

Awards
Still nobody in the NBA that you would trust with the Final shot & as clutch as they come

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Still nobody in the NBA that you would trust with the Final shot & as clutch as they come
Agreed! Lebron still is not on Kobe's level. He's getting there, but he still has work to do. Furthermore...Kobe or Lebron still don't hold a fart next to Jordan and I am sick of people claiming that either lebron or Kobe are even close to his royal airness.

Cheers!:cheers:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Kobe is a good player, but if the team isn't doing that well, he seems to not hussle the way a player like Lebron or Wade would. Instead of trying to rebound, he watches the ball from behind the paint. Not what I would want on my team.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
While I agree Lebron is the best player in the NBA, Kobe certainly isn't a joke. I've never cared for his on and off the floor attitude but will go down as one if not the best Laker ever. Kobe is good, really good. Best ever? I personally don't think so but that's not what's up for debate at least in this thread.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Kobe is a good player, but if the team isn't doing that well, he seems to not hussle the way a player like Lebron or Wade would. Instead of trying to rebound, he watches the ball from behind the paint. Not what I would want on my team.
Agreed. He could potentially be a better player if his attitude were different, but perhaps at that same token if his attitude were better to my standards, he wouldn't be as a prolific scorer as he is.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
While I agree Lebron is the best player in the NBA, Kobe certainly isn't a joke. I've never cared for his on and off the floor attitude but will go down as one if not the best Laker ever. Kobe is good, really good. Best ever? I personally don't think so but that's not what's up for debate at least in this thread.
Anyone playing currently will always be considered a distant second place. Jordan is the best player ever...period. Currently, Kobe is still the man. Lebron is #2. Lebron is still developing....Kobe is at the top of his game still and there is no better closer in the game then Kobe Bryant...period. D. Wade...he is #3. However, as far as killer instinct goes to win the game...D.Wade I would place in front of Lebron. Lebron finally just started to learn to go for the throat this year...D.Wade has already done that and led the Miami Heat to a title...Lebron still has no ring.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"prince" James is at home watching Kobe lead his team to a NBA championship.When the "prince" learns to play D like Kobe,win championships like Kobe, then an ONLY then will he be on Kobe's level...FACT. Talk about selfish...the prince is holding to whole state of Ohio hostage with his "NY" flirtation.Why not stay in your home state and bring a championship there???I'll tell you why.He has gone on record saying he wants to be the sports first billionaire.it's all about cabbage.it's not about rings. I realize he hasn't left cleveland yet,but he will.He's that selfish.!Not to mention his childish antics after the orlando series.I,for one hope he never wins a title.Who anointed him king anyway? Exactly what has he done???..A league MVP,some all-star games?.... WIN championships.Make your teammates better.Commit to the cavs.That's a start.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
"Prince" James is at home watching Kobe lead his team to a NBA championship.When the "prince" learns to play D like Kobe,then an ONLY then will he be on Kobe's level...FACT.

good point about the D
sure the "prince" will come swat you off the board like none other, but thats rare, hard nose on ball D is where it counts along with weak side help

even lil wayne likes kobe, and listen for the "princes" quote about 3/4 through the song
EDIT: 2:23 for the "pince" quote

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCH-owsrC-A"]YouTube - Lil Wayne - Kobe Bryant (Official Video)[/ame]

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Please elaborate on why "prince james" is the best player in the league.

Is it his dunking ability? funny commercials?

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Kobe is the most committed player in the league.His basketball IQ is phenomenal.He has grown over the years and makes his teammates better.He has MJ like qualities pertaining to his teammates.Michael's teammates HATED him in practice,because he rode the sh1t out of them.He also made them better players,and brought them a nice "jewelry" collection.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Kobe is the most committed player in the league.His basketball IQ is phenomenal.He has grown over the years and makes his teammates better.He has MJ like qualities pertaining to his teammates.Michael's teammates HATED him in practice,because he rode the sh1t out of them.He also made them better players,and brought them a nice "jewelry" collection.
Its rare that I will agree with a North Carolina fan (Duke Basketball Fan) :p, but I pretty much share the same thoughts here. :thumbsup:

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sit back and watch what Kobe does tonight after the game 3 loss.He'll more than prove he's the best player in the game.He may be "tired",but he'll have enough in the tank to win tonight and his 4th ring.He's just that good and better than anyone else on the court.I agree he may be aloof,but I don't live or hang w/the guy.I just appreciate his abilities,talent and work ethic.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He is a great player regardless of his poort attitude at times.

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He is a great player regardless of his poort attitude at times.
I wouldn't mistake his aloofness and arrogance for poor attitude.I've NEVER heard anyone in the league,or otherwise accuse him of having a poor attitude.

His "riff" with shaq was attributed to shaq's laziness.Kobe was CONSTANTLY busting his hump in the gym,and Kobe was peeved that shaq got all the glory and was considered his team.I think shaq is a bum.people love him because he's funny and quotable.if i were 7" & 350,i could show up every night and get 20&10.Actually that's UNDERACHIEVING in my eyes!Anyone who thinks shaq could have won 3 rings in LA w/out Kobe is truly delusional. They've both won one w/out the other.My bet is Kobe will end up w/more rings than shaq when it's all said and done.i pray shaq ends up in cleveland,and pray even harder they face LA in the finals!....just shows the desperation in cleveland.what's shaq got left in the tank???

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No one has to like Kobe's image and I could care less who's the best player in the league because it's 2 different styles. That's like comparing a running back to a receiver.

I see the OP's point. Throwing elbows isn't classy. But winning championships is. IMO elbows are thrown just about every time down the court, and sometimes little things like that lead to championships. Maybe Lebron should have thrown some elbows against Orlando?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I largely lost interest in basketball this year, but I still watched enough to retain some knowledge - namely, that pure talent is not the only factor that makes an amazing basketball player; in that light, most here are comparing raw talent, rather than basketball ability as a whole. Is LeBron more talented than Kobe? Yes, of course: he is 6'8", muscular, and 23, and yet has the agility, speed, and passing abilities of a PG. However, the other considerations that go into being one of the great basketball players - defensive and offensive IQ, defensive tenacity, the ability to "read" the flow of the game - Kobe has in spades. And so, for the moment, LeBron is the most talented basketball player in the league, but not the best one.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I largely lost interest in basketball this year, but I still watched enough to retain some knowledge - namely, that pure talent is not the only factor that makes an amazing basketball player; in that light, most here are comparing raw talent, rather than basketball ability as a whole. Is LeBron more talented than Kobe? Yes, of course: he is 6'8", muscular, and 23, and yet has the agility, speed, and passing abilities of a PG. However, the other considerations that go into being one of the great basketball players - defensive and offensive IQ, defensive tenacity, the ability to "read" the flow of the game - Kobe has in spades. And so, for the moment, LeBron is the most talented basketball player in the league, but not the best one.
I would never have put it that way but i think you are absolutely correctomundo

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Just found this thread... Hoother, no idea you were a LBJ nuthugger.

I can appreciate King James, but with regards to calling Kobe out for being a d*ck or whatever... maybe you can explain to me why Bron Bron ran off like a b*tch after he was eliminated from the playoffs, and confiscated a tape of some college kid jamming on him (wasn't even that bad of a jam)...

Kobe is a ****y bastard... most of the time when he is criticized, its simply because he's not on your team. :dunno:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Count me as one of those who also treats LBJ's testicles like a tire swing. ;)
I give him his props... I think he's a great player. Albeit a completely different player than Kobe...

Kobe has nothing left to prove. You guys will see how it is in 8 years when LBJ has a ring or two, but can't win without Shaq.

I just don't see how liking Kobe or LBJ has to be mutually exclusive. Look, I'm REALLY sorry your team got punked again in the playoffs - but Kobe didn't do it.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, seems like this year, Nike's ad machine caused folks everywhere to take sides. Personally, I like LBJ more, but that doesn't mean I take anything away from Kobe's talent or accomplishments. He's certainly a helluva player.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I actually used to like the Lakers quite a bit.. until Kobe started annoying me. I am a Pheonix Suns fan :). Thank god we didn't trade Amare or I might of had to boycott the NBA.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I actually used to like the Lakers quite a bit.. until Kobe started annoying me. I am a Pheonix Suns fan :). Thank god we didn't trade Amare or I might of had to boycott the NBA.
Your team is a mess. You have a lot more to worry about than Kobe.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
resigned nash and have Amare.. 1 or 2 more guys and we're ok. I'm not worried about Kobe, I just think that he is a poor influence on children these days.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
resigned nash and have Amare.. 1 or 2 more guys and we're ok. I'm not worried about Kobe, I just think that he is a poor influence on children these days.
Who cares. His job is to win basketball games. I'd love to instill his work ethic in my son someday.

You really think Nash will be an effective point guard thru 2012? :ntome:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say, I think the Suns passed their "golden window" that every good team receives. They had three-to-four years where they had a viable shot at the title, and that time has since passed. For reference, please see: the Sacramento Kings circa 2002-2005.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to say, I think the Suns passed their "golden window" that every good team receives. They had three-to-four years where they had a viable shot at the title, and that time has since passed. For reference, please see: the Sacramento Kings circa 2002-2005.
I agree. Oh man, how awesome were those late 90's, early 00's Kings teams? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a team pass as well (and as entertaining) as when Jason Williams, Chris Webber and Vlade Divac were all sharing the rock. Beautiful thing to watch.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
And this is coming from a Canadian.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. Oh man, how awesome were those late 90's, early 00's Kings teams? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a team pass as well (and as entertaining) as when Jason Williams, Chris Webber and Vlade Divac were all sharing the rock. Beautiful thing to watch.
They were very good: great passers, great court vision and anticipation, great teammates, and J-Will was actually one of my favorite players, at the time; however, they hit their peak while the Lakers were dominating and simply could not overcome [due in part to a triple-overtime three-pointer by Robert Horry, who the Spurs later claimed for that duty].

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Only reason the Suns passed this "golden window" was because of the Spur's being a bunch of cheating bastards. Bruce Bowen and Robert Horrys heroics in the playoffs were a joke. They have to be 2 of the biggest idiots to ever play the game.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never been a big Spurs guy (they took down my Nets squad w/Kidd, Kittles, Martin, etc) but Robert Horry is a 7-time NBA Champion and Bruce Bowen is a 3-time NBA Champion and has been on 8 All NBA Defensive 1st or 2nd Teams. Respect.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I could sit at the end bench of the Lakers and Spur's and let Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan and tony Parker do all the work. It'd make me a 7 time NBA champion but how much of it is owed to them? Not much. The gig they pulled against the Suns was garbage and i'd love for you to tell me how it wasn't.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could sit at the end bench of the Lakers and Spur's and let Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan and tony Parker do all the work.
Yeah, you probably would've hit those clutch shots and went on to become one of only two players ever to win championships with three different teams. I'm sure you would've been 8 time all defensive team too. :eek:k:

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
...and, for no other reason than sheer badassness...Shawn Kemp...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlAuCLFqjmY"]YouTube - Shawn Kemp Dunks[/ame]

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I could throw up a few prayers and connect for sure. I think that if I took acting classes and fouled enough that I could be just like Bowen too. He taught Ginoblili well.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Shawn Kemp is a bad ass for sure.. I'm pretty sure I saw him on pro's vs joe's getting handled by someone who hadn't played basketball since high school a few weeks ago. The things those bad asses will do to make a few hundred dollars after there career dwindles and they dont know how to handle there money.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I could sit at the end bench of the Lakers and Spur's and let Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan and tony Parker do all the work. It'd make me a 7 time NBA champion but how much of it is owed to them? Not much. The gig they pulled against the Suns was garbage and i'd love for you to tell me how it wasn't.
If you got 2 minutes of playing time in any NBA game, your team would be the loser. You sound like a bit of a whiner in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sports Talk 2
The Solution General Chat 11
pitt6691 Sports Talk 5
Sports Talk 15
General Chat 21