1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I have to say, I think the Suns passed their "golden window" that every good team receives. They had three-to-four years where they had a viable shot at the title, and that time has since passed. For reference, please see: the Sacramento Kings circa 2002-2005.
    And this is coming from a Canadian.

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.1%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I agree. Oh man, how awesome were those late 90's, early 00's Kings teams? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a team pass as well (and as entertaining) as when Jason Williams, Chris Webber and Vlade Divac were all sharing the rock. Beautiful thing to watch.
    They were very good: great passers, great court vision and anticipation, great teammates, and J-Will was actually one of my favorite players, at the time; however, they hit their peak while the Lakers were dominating and simply could not overcome [due in part to a triple-overtime three-pointer by Robert Horry, who the Spurs later claimed for that duty].
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Only reason the Suns passed this "golden window" was because of the Spur's being a bunch of cheating bastards. Bruce Bowen and Robert Horrys heroics in the playoffs were a joke. They have to be 2 of the biggest idiots to ever play the game.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've never been a big Spurs guy (they took down my Nets squad w/Kidd, Kittles, Martin, etc) but Robert Horry is a 7-time NBA Champion and Bruce Bowen is a 3-time NBA Champion and has been on 8 All NBA Defensive 1st or 2nd Teams. Respect.

5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I could sit at the end bench of the Lakers and Spur's and let Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan and tony Parker do all the work. It'd make me a 7 time NBA champion but how much of it is owed to them? Not much. The gig they pulled against the Suns was garbage and i'd love for you to tell me how it wasn't.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    I could sit at the end bench of the Lakers and Spur's and let Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan and tony Parker do all the work.
    Yeah, you probably would've hit those clutch shots and went on to become one of only two players ever to win championships with three different teams. I'm sure you would've been 8 time all defensive team too.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

...and, for no other reason than sheer badassness...Shawn Kemp...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlAuCLFqjmY"]YouTube - Shawn Kemp Dunks[/ame]
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I could throw up a few prayers and connect for sure. I think that if I took acting classes and fouled enough that I could be just like Bowen too. He taught Ginoblili well.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Shawn Kemp is a bad ass for sure.. I'm pretty sure I saw him on pro's vs joe's getting handled by someone who hadn't played basketball since high school a few weeks ago. The things those bad asses will do to make a few hundred dollars after there career dwindles and they dont know how to handle there money.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%

I could sit at the end bench of the Lakers and Spur's and let Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan and tony Parker do all the work. It'd make me a 7 time NBA champion but how much of it is owed to them? Not much. The gig they pulled against the Suns was garbage and i'd love for you to tell me how it wasn't.
    If you got 2 minutes of playing time in any NBA game, your team would be the loser. You sound like a bit of a whiner in here.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%

I could throw up a few prayers and connect for sure. I think that if I took acting classes and fouled enough that I could be just like Bowen too. He taught Ginoblili well.
    Shawn Kemp is a bad ass for sure.. I'm pretty sure I saw him on pro's vs joe's getting handled by someone who hadn't played basketball since high school a few weeks ago. The things those bad asses will do to make a few hundred dollars after there career dwindles and they dont know how to handle there money.
    Dude, you totally could hit some prayer shots with Tony Parker in your face.

I hope you're kidding..
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Q: What would Shawn Kemp have been like if he didn't father 7 illegitmate children and have a drinking problem?

A: Dwight Howard

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmlDqPtHV-E"]YouTube - Dwight Howard's Top 10 Career Dunks[/ame]
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.1%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Only reason the Suns passed this "golden window" was because of the Spur's being a bunch of cheating bastards. Bruce Bowen and Robert Horrys heroics in the playoffs were a joke. They have to be 2 of the biggest idiots to ever play the game.
    They did not get past the Spurs because the Spurs played better transitional defense which almost entirely negated the full-court offense of the Suns.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%

Q: What would Shawn Kemp have been like if he didn't father 7 illegitmate children and have a drinking problem?

A: Dwight Howard
    Dude, that's pretty funny... and probably partially true. Though Kemp could hit most of his free throws (74% career).

Love Dwight though. What a monster. Check out him throw around 315.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lek3aSbUsUM"]YouTube - Orlando Magic Dwight Howard Shows How To Bench Press[/ame]
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

They were in position to win the series until they got Amare thrown out of game 6....

Good video of Dwight though! I always wondered how strong he was. His shoulders are definitely his strong suit. Bet he has the genetics of a god.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Odom and the Lakeshow come to terms

PRAYING now that the Lakers meet up w/Cleveland in the finals!!!

Gonna be fun watching Lamar,Bynum & Pau streaking up and down the court while shaq is gassed at half court
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%

Yep, its gonna be a fun year.

Just ordered my NBA package from Time Warner for next year.
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by H8duke View Post
    Odom and the Lakeshow come to terms

PRAYING now that the Lakers meet up w/Cleveland in the finals!!!

Gonna be fun watching Lamar,Bynum & Pau streaking up and down the court while shaq is gassed at half court
    Are you a Laker fan? I know you're a vehement LeBron hater but living in NC, I'd have figured you for a Hornets, Bobcats or Hawks fan.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%

Are you a Laker fan? I know you're a vehement LeBron hater but living in NC, I'd have figured you for a Hornets, Bobcats or Hawks fan.
    Huge Laker fan.

I've only given LeBron props in any of my posts... I'm not a sack hanger, but definitely not a hater.

NC? Never lived there. I live in NYC now. Via PA and CA.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Huge Laker fan.

I've only given LeBron props in any of my posts... I'm not a sack hanger, but definitely not a hater.

NC? Never lived there. I live in NYC now. Via PA and CA.
    Look at who I was quoting broski...
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%

Ugh... Long week.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

NEVER said I loathe 'prince james.'
    I've stated with clarity that he's got skills.
    He's just NOT the King

Actually I'm not that big of a NBA fan since MJ retired.
    Not in love with your generation player.

I like Kobe,so I pull for the Lakers,just like I pulled for the Bulls.

So you are a Knicks fan I presume???
  23. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Nah, I'm a Nets fan. I wind up rooting for Cleveland most of the time though, since the Nets are usually out of contention early and the Cavs are on TV all the time. That, and I like treating LBJ's testicles like a tire swing.

I don't buy the whole "newer generation of players are all me-first guys" copout though. I think there's a mix of those guys, along with team-first guys, and a slew of guys in between......just as there were in the 90's, 80's, etc.
  24. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Nah, I'm a Nets fan. I wind up rooting for Cleveland most of the time though, since the Nets are usually out of contention early and the Cavs are on TV all the time. That, and I like treating LBJ's testicles like a tire swing.

I don't buy the whole "newer generation of players are all me-first guys" copout though. I think there's a mix of those guys, along with team-first guys, and a slew of guys in between......just as there were in the 90's, 80's, etc.
    You don't have to buy....
    I'm still selling though.
    Just asked the GREATS...MJ,Magic,Bird etc.

Where did I say in mt post that they were "all me first guys?" Talk about foreshadowing

How many times did the 3 above mentioned hold out,piss/moan about a contract? Jump ship to another team to follow the paper trail???

MJ made more money from a gatorade contract than from playing ball for christ sakes!
  25. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Right...cuz MJ would never sellout to corporate sponsors, demand the ball or berate his teammates.

(I say this not to disparage Mike, he's the best, but only to show that there's not that much of a change in the great players attitudes from today and yesteryear. For every Iverson, there's a Duncan, etc.)
  26. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Right...cuz MJ would never sellout to corporate sponsors, demand the ball or berate his teammates.

(I say this not to disparage Mike, he's the best, but only to show that there's not that much of a change in the great players attitudes from today and yesteryear. For every Iverson, there's a Duncan, etc.)
    SELLOUT

YOU think MJ went in search of corporate sponsorship???????????
    I can only imagine how many he turned down.They pursued him.
    Everybody with a mom wanted to be associated w/the greatest.

MJ went in search of championship rings.
    He not only demoralized his opponents,but an entire generation...See Barkely,Malone,Stockton,Ewing etc..

The Rockets still send him thank you cards every June for loaning them 2 rings.
  27. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Right...and Nike wanted nothing to do with LeBron. Adidas wanted nothing to do with Garnett. Reebok wanted nothing to do with Iverson. Icy Hot wanted nothing to do with Shaq. Vitamin Water wanted nothing to do with Nash. Of course not, these players were approached, just like MJ was approached.

Of course these guys are gonna get deals from companies...so.....?

(my original corporate-sellout analogy probably wasn't the best idea...just trying to show that there's not too much difference between players now and 10 years ago...at least not enough to make someone wanna give up the NBA)
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Right...and Nike wanted nothing to do with LeBron. Adidas wanted nothing to do with Garnett. Reebok wanted nothing to do with Iverson. Icy Hot wanted nothing to do with Shaq. Vitamin Water wanted nothing to do with Nash. Of course not, these players were approached, just like MJ was approached.

Of course these guys are gonna get deals from companies...so.....?

(my original corporate-sellout analogy probably wasn't the best idea...just trying to show that there's not too much difference between players now and 10 years ago...at least not enough to make someone wanna give up the NBA)
    You need to go back and read my post..64 & 66 to be exact.I add tidbits as you post also
  29. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You need to go back and read my post...I add tidbits as you post also
    Word, just read the additions....but c'mon, LeBron wasn't busting his butt for a ring this year? Playing tons of minutes, doing everything in every facet of the game to carry his team as far as he could. You don't think he was "in search of a championship ring"?

Same goes for Kobe. Granted, when we speak about MJ, Kobe, LBJ, these are guys that are on a different level...but still. There's not much of a "generation gap" when it comes to "guys who play their heart out in search of a title"....ask Kevin Garnett.
  30. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Of course MJ demanded the ball in crunch time.
    He was the best player on the court,and deserved it.

Berating his teammates...ASK any of them did it ultimately make them better players and champions.
    Brad Sellers excluded...He was a VAGINA.
  31. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Of course MJ demanded the ball in crunch time.
    He was the best player on the court,and deserved it.

Berating his teammates...ASK any of them did it ultimately make them better players and champions.
    Brad Sellers excluded...He was a VAGINA.
    I've got no arguments with any of this.
  32. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Word, just read the additions....but c'mon, LeBron wasn't busting his butt for a ring this year? Playing tons of minutes, doing everything in every facet of the game to carry his team as far as he could. You don't think he was "in search of a championship ring"?

Same goes for Kobe. Granted, when we speak about MJ, Kobe, LBJ, these are guys that are on a different level...but still. There's not much of a "generation gap" when it comes to "guys who play their heart out in search of a title"....ask Kevin Garnett.
    KG got his ring.He needed 2 future HOFamers to do so.Be that as it may.He still got his ring.
    Would have been more impressive if he could've stayed in Minn.and made the players around him better.He had one team in the West.conf. finals,but couldn't get over the hump.Similar to James this year.
  33. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

KG got his ring.He needed 2 future HOFamers to do so.Be that as it may.He still got his ring.
    Would have been more impressive if he could've stayed in Minn.and made the players around him better.He had one team in the West.conf. finals,but couldn't get over the hump.Similar to James this year.
    Right, but does that mean he's not a fierce competitor who plays with heart on both ends of the floor and wants nothing more than to win? Nah mean...?
  34. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

I've got no arguments with any of this.
    The only reason I pointed out the obvious is, your original post was written with a slight sense of sarcasm an an eye roll
  35. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The only reason I pointed out the obvious is, your original post was written with a slight sense of sarcasm an an eye roll
    Just trying to dig and figure out what it is that you don't like about today's NBA, compared to the NBA of yesteryear. Help me out mah brutha.
  36. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Right, but does that mean he's not a fierce competitor who plays with heart on both ends of the floor and wants nothing more than to win? Nah mean...?
    I've never questioned KG or James competitveness .
    That has A LOT to do with ego also.
  37. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've never questioned KG or James competitveness .
    That has A LOT to do with ego also.
    True, and great players like MJ, Kobe, LBJ, etc typically have no shortage of ego.
  38. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

Just trying to dig and figure out what it is that you don't like about today's NBA, compared to the NBA of yesteryear. Help me out mah brutha.
    Now you are just being cynical.
    I've pointed out on more than one occasion the difference between my generation player as opposed to your generation player.

1.MONEY/GREED/SELFISHNESS....NO loyalty to one franchise.
    2.Gotta make ESPN'S top ten ten highlight reel.
    3.Gangsta mentality....Speaking of which.Different sport,but PLEASE don't get me started on your homey Plexico
  39. Banned
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Now you are just being cynical.
    I've pointed out on more than one occasion the difference between my generation player as opposed to your generation player.

1.MONEY/GREED/SELFISHNESS....NO loyalty to one franchise.
    2.Gotta make ESPN'S top ten ten highlight reel.
    3.Gangsta mentality....Speaking of which.Different sport,but PLEASE don't get me started on your homey Plexico
    I don't think there's much of a difference between players today and before in terms of #1 or #2. Players always want the max $ deal they can get, and always have. Just as there are hot dogs who make unnecessary fancy plays now...there were then as well. As far as #3 goes, I'll give you this...there's certainly way more tattoos and corn rows nowadays.

DON'T get me started on Plax. I'm happy he helped deliver the G-Men a Superbowl trophy, but I'm officially done with him.
  40. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

True, and great players like MJ, Kobe, LBJ, etc typically have no shortage of ego.

MJ/Kobe....BEST of their generation.Deserving egos.

James aspiring to be on the same level.
    He may very well get there.No doubt.
    When he proves he can carry a team for not just one season,but multiple seasons and hoist the Larry O'Brien hardware,he'll get all the props that i give Kobe.

MJ,on the otherhand...different story.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fun in the shower with Ron and Kobe!
    By pitt6691 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 02:35 AM
  2. String Joke/Chicken Joke
    By RenegadeRows in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 08:55 AM
  3. Kobe drops 81!!!!
    By gixxman in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 05:01 PM
  4. Steroids on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel(HBO)
    By Mach .78 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 11:11 PM
  5. Any pics released of Kobe's 19year old chick?
    By \/\_FIERCE_/\/ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 10:21 PM