2009 College Football Season

Page 7 of 69 First ... 25678912 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Alabama will be the most ELITE 7-5 team in the country this season
    Like 'em or not, the program is on the upswing. You've witnessed an era in Alabama football that no athletic director in Tuscaloosa will ever allow to happen again... no matter how much money it costs. Seriously, and I mean no disrespect, look at how much you've had to say about the Tide in comparison to how little you've commented on your own team. AU fans your age are not used to this at all. The shoe is on the other foot all of a sudden. Auburn's president and AD are complete idiots who ran a good coach out of town... no matter how they try to explain it. It's "don't know what you got 'til it's gone" time on the Plains. I'm not sure if AU fans have come to the full realization of just how valuable Tuberville was for that program. When they finally ousted him, it was to their disbelief that no proven coach (besides Turner Gill) even wanted the job. AU fans were in shock. But why would any reputable coach want the gig? Look how Tuberville was appreciated for what he'd accomplished. Even Petrino wouldn't budge. Don't kid yourself... they settled for Chizik.

    As for Florida... they'll be back in the BCS title game even with one loss. There's the Tebow factor, and there's the fact that they're retarded good at every single position. As mentioned earlier, they have enough young talent to stay hungry. I don't know... but I just don't see two losses for them this season, unless someone from the West surprises them in the SEC Championship.

    Right now, my prediction for the title game is:

    Texas vs. Florida

    Cal will take care of USC this year. Go Bears!!!
    RTR.

  2. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    Honestly, I was a big Tubberville fan but it was time for him to go. When a coach becomes too comfortable in a situation he starts settling and he lost his fire. Turner Gil is a PROVEN coach? 7-5 is proven these days I guess? Auburn had it's choice at plenty of coaches and has the money to throw to of landed almost anyone they wanted. They chose to go with someone close to the Auburn family and with someone familiar with recruiting in the area. I'd much rather have someone who WANTS to be at Auburn than someone who is only at Alabama because they gave him the most money after he FAILED in the NFL. Do you not think Saban will be gone soon when someone else offers him more? Of course he will, it's what he does. Auburn has the players to build something special with the recruitment of some OL. One year of a screwed up Offensive coaching staff does not mean Auburn is done. Auburn will be back, soon.
  3. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    663

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Honestly, I was a big Tubberville fan but it was time for him to go. When a coach becomes too comfortable in a situation he starts settling and he lost his fire. Turner Gil is a PROVEN coach? 7-5 is proven these days I guess? Auburn had it's choice at plenty of coaches and has the money to throw to of landed almost anyone they wanted. They chose to go with someone close to the Auburn family and with someone familiar with recruiting in the area. I'd much rather have someone who WANTS to be at Auburn than someone who is only at Alabama because they gave him the most money after he FAILED in the NFL. Do you not think Saban will be gone soon when someone else offers him more? Of course he will, it's what he does. Auburn has the players to build something special with the recruitment of some OL. One year of a screwed up Offensive coaching staff does not mean Auburn is done. Auburn will be back, soon.
    To build on this, I dont care what Turner Gil did at Buffalo. Its friggin Buffalo. The uproar was because he was black and didnt get the job in conservative Alabama. There arent any black coaches! Blah blah blah. There are also not as many white players. Should be force some black players out of spots inorder to maintain balance? Stupid arguement.

    I didnt like the Chizik hire much but there wasnt much better out there IMO and from Day 1, he seems to be doing all the right stuff. We will see.

    Also, I was saving this ace in the hole for a later day but I have one more reason for Texas beating Florida. Muschampion. Look at his history versus Florida.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    Look at AUBURNS history vs Florida .. You're right with the Gil thing. Basketball team's should definitely have to go 50/50 on scholarships too in college .. or should they go 80/20 to stay with the actual percent of white/black people in America. Auburn was by no means rascist in there hire, they just picked someone familiar with there program. Gil was NOT that.
  5. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Turner Gil is a PROVEN coach? 7-5 is proven these days I guess?
    Christ, you guys jumped all over the Turner Gill comment! I only mentioned him because he was the only guy who came out and said he actually wanted the job. I wasn't trying to insinuate that he's all that proven per se... it was to point out that's the only guy making headlines who desired the gig.

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Auburn had it's choice at plenty of coaches and has the money to throw to of landed almost anyone they wanted. They chose to go with someone close to the Auburn family and with someone familiar with recruiting in the area.
    You keep telling yourself that. Dude, that's flat-out bullsh#t. Chizik wasn't even on their radar at the start of their coaching search. No one wanted the job. I hate to make the comparison, but you sound like a Bama fan after the Shula hire.

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    I'd much rather have someone who WANTS to be at Auburn than someone who is only at Alabama because they gave him the most money after he FAILED in the NFL.
    You're right. That makes perfect sense. Why hire a guy who knows how to win SEC and national championships? By your rationale, Spurrier's completely worthless too.

    And I'll tell you this: Saban doesn't do anything he doesn't WANT to do. If he didn't want to be in Tuscaloosa, he wouldn't be. Period. Who knows if he'll stay? Who cares? It's rare for a coach to stay anywhere nowadays anyway. As long as he leaves the cupboard full, he can do what he wants. Bottom line is that money talks... and NO ONE will outbid Alabama in the college ranks.

    I'm not going to sit here and bash Chizik when he has a 0-0 record at Auburn. All I know is that Auburn scored zero points in their last game and lost by 36... against your crush. How does that make AU and Bama even coming into this season? HA! The burden of proof is on your team... not mine.

    You have NOTHING substantial to say in regard to Alabama football until the day after Thanksgiving. You lost those bragging rights, buddy. Until then, you should just enjoy that crow you ate last November.
    Mmmmm...
    RTR.
  6. Registered User
    OldGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    684

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Just my opinion.. I have no problem with Florida and think they are a great time. Only thing I see a problem with this year is how highly taughted they are coming into this year. It seems like every year a team is said to be THE TEAM (USC almost every year) they do something to screw it up. I'm not saying they wont be one of the most if not the most talented team in the nation, but more things than talent do seem to control the season.
    Very True.

    As far as I know, the ONLY other team to be ranked preseason #1 and finish #1 was USC about 10 years ago.

    Complacency on a team this good can certainly be an issue. On the other hand, Tebow is praised more for his leadership and ability to motivate than his pure talent, so I think we're in good shape.

    As far as motivating factors for this '09 Florida team, Tebow has already laid out the challenge to his team- and it is NOT to win another National Championship or Heisman:

    "My goal my senior year is to lead this team to an undefeated regular and bowl season, something that has never been done here before."

    Obviously if you do that and everything else falls nicely into place.
  7. Registered User
    OldGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    684

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Also, I was saving this ace in the hole for a later day but I have one more reason for Texas beating Florida. Muschampion. Look at his history versus Florida. ......blah blah blah.
    Last year? This year? Fantasy league? January 8, 2010?
    If it's not done on the field, who cares?
    Save all the "what ifs" and Big 12 biased fantasy scenarios. Your talkin' to yerself.

    Longhorns just gotta do their part. Most likely the Gators will be waiting for 'em. Muschump won't have any more luck stoppin 'em than OU.

    BTW - First you gotta win your conference.

    (Actually first you have to win your division).




    (I luv ya TT, you make this thread fun to be around).
  8. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,328
    Rep Power
    3458025

    Ok first Auburn did not have a picking of any coach they wanted. No1 wanted to go there. Also you can rationalize all you want about Tubs being gone, but its not gonna make it the right choice. He went out on a limb trying to make a different offense work, it failed miserably and he got burned for it.

    Also, Turner Gil turned around an atrocious program. Buffalo was so horrid they used to be ranked in the 110-119 region in the NCAA several years ago. He deserved more job looks than he got and the fact he didn't get any is ridiculous.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  9. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    663

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGator View Post
    Last year? This year? Fantasy league? January 8, 2010?
    If it's not done on the field, who cares?
    You may remember this?



    Remember who Tubby's DC used to be?
  10. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    Also, Turner Gil turned around an atrocious program. Buffalo was so horrid they used to be ranked in the 110-119 region in the NCAA several years ago. He deserved more job looks than he got and the fact he didn't get any is ridiculous.
    Agreed here 100%. Buffalo was a legit contender for worst team in division 1A (or whatever it's called now) before gil. Kudos to him
  11. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    This thrad has a lot of words.

    I'm out for a while. Catch yall closer to the season.
  12. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    This thrad has a lot of words.

    I'm out for a while. Catch yall closer to the season.
    I'm gonna follow suit on that. I don't normally get this hyped up until late July! As far as debating who's gonna be good and who's not... allow me to prematurely evacuate.

    We can do some more of this...... in the summer.

    That being said, I reserve the right to make fun of Lame Kitten until then!
    RTR.
  13. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    Can you please tell me who wanted Alabamas job? They got DENIED by MANY MAJOR names before pulling out every penny in there piggy bank to get Saban over a MONTH later. You seem to be selective in your memory.
  14. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    and about people "NOT WANTING" the Auburn job. THey interviewed plenty of names. If you have not noticed, coaches who are ALREADY at a job in a major school usually DO NOT say "I WANT TO COACH FOR AUBURN!!" because if they do not get selected, they get fired from there old job. Everything is done under the table.
  15. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Can you please tell me who wanted Alabamas job? They got DENIED by MANY MAJOR names before pulling out every penny in there piggy bank to get Saban over a MONTH later. You seem to be selective in your memory.
    Christ... now I have to go back on my pledge after less than an hour.

    Again h0other, why do you always make this about Alabama? -- Did you even fully read my post before you responded? How am I selective in my memory? I said, "...you sound like a Bama fan after the Shula hire." I don't disagree with you about Alabama's pursuit of Saban after being slammed by Rich Rodriguez and others... I'm merely pointing out that Auburn found themselves in a similar situation. They thought coaches would come out of the woodwork to be at AU, and that just wasn't the case. So, they settled. Just sayin'.

    Either I'm lost here, or you are. I'm gonna go with the latter.
    RTR.
  16. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    and about people "NOT WANTING" the Auburn job. THey interviewed plenty of names.
    Really? Who? Because it wasn't Gary Patterson or Mike Leach.

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    If you have not noticed, coaches who are ALREADY at a job in a major school usually DO NOT say "I WANT TO COACH FOR AUBURN!!" because if they do not get selected, they get fired from there old job. Everything is done under the table.
    Actually, if they show enough interest, they usually get a raise. Ask Rodriguez, Spurrier, and Petrino.
    RTR.
  17. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    If Auburn just "settled", who did they pursue before having to settle? I honestly think that Jacobs and Mr. Money bags wanted a guy who they would have as there pet and Chizik had already showed that he would do that for them in the past. I think they WANTED Chizik as there top choice. Of course I didn't agree with the choice, but the coach is ONE guy, they built up a excellent staff which impresses me completely, something they HAVE NOT HAD.

    The reason I made the comment about Alabamas coaching search:

    Well i'll put it in "Alabama Fan" terms. If Bobby Joe the Alabama fan has a singlewide trailer, he doesnt make fun of Jimmy Joe the Alabama fan because he too has a singlewide trailer. It doesn't make sense too. Get it?
  18. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,328
    Rep Power
    3458025

    LOL ok I am really done arguing with Hoother in this thread. The fact you think they wanted Chizik as their top prize is delusional. I mean its awesome you love your team but you are pretty lost.

    I know I am still hype for the year to begin I can't wait....it feels soooo far away
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  19. Registered User
    OldGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    684

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    This thrad has a lot of words.

    I'm out for a while. Catch yall closer to the season.
    Sorry, Guilty here. jmh80 is absolutely right.

    TT has a way about him - kind of like a no-see-'em. Next thing I know I'm arguing about a meaningless game in 2007, or a game that hasn't happened at all!

    There should be a 12 Step Program for a thread like this.

    Time to do some yard work - for about 3 months. See ya'll in the summer.
  20. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    663

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGator View Post
    Sorry, Guilty here. jmh80 is absolutely right.

    TT has a way about him - kind of like a no-see-'em. Next thing I know I'm arguing about a meaningless game in 2007, or a game that hasn't happened at all!

    There should be a 12 Step Program for a thread like this.

    Time to do some yard work - for about 3 months. See ya'll in the summer.
    Ah you guys are no fun. Football off season is half the action. Spring games, recruiting, etc. Ill bet none of yall even watched signing day coverage.

    But Gator, your memory is so short, what about 2006 too? Muschamp has a knack for knocking Florida down a couple notches.
  21. Registered User
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    313

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    But Gator, your memory is so short, what about 2006 too? Muschamp has a knack for knocking Florida down a couple notches.
    Yeah and we won a Nat'l Championship that year. It didn't knock us down all that much.

    I understand your man love for Muschamp and all, but who's to say he'll win anything while at Texas? I think he'll do well but let's not be so quick to anoint him. Your pass defense was ranked 104th in the nation last year. Yikes.
  22. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    Bobby Lowder is Auburns main trustee, he has ALOT of pull in Auburn. I think I saw a Yahoo list where he was on the top 3 most powerful trustees at a major college. He HATED Tubberville, (JETGATE) when they flew to Louisville to go pick up Petrino, but the whole situation blew up. Chizik DID coach at Auburn when Auburn was VERY successful. It was publically known that Chizik had a GREAT relationship with both the AD and Lowder. So, YES they did want Chizik. For you to tell me I am CLUELESS? thats ridiculous. Do you really think they fired Tubberville knowing that they'd only get number 103 on there list? um NO. Do you really think they would of ended there coaching search in a week like they did if they could only get number 103 on there list? um NO. Auburn has plenty of money, money is what brings coaches in. You are the clueless one, not me.

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    LOL ok I am really done arguing with Hoother in this thread. The fact you think they wanted Chizik as their top prize is delusional. I mean its awesome you love your team but you are pretty lost.

    I know I am still hype for the year to begin I can't wait....it feels soooo far away
  23. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    663

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Yeah and we won a Nat'l Championship that year. It didn't knock us down all that much.

    I understand your man love for Muschamp and all, but who's to say he'll win anything while at Texas? I think he'll do well but let's not be so quick to anoint him. Your pass defense was ranked 104th in the nation last year. Yikes.
    And yet we still went 11-1. Also, did you notice Texas was also ranked #3 in terms of rushing defense? At the end of the day, we had 3 true freshman players starting in the secondary, which will be drastically improved.

    Also, whose to say he will win? If you cant win at a large Texas university, you suck at life, much less coaching.
  24. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,328
    Rep Power
    3458025

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Bobby Lowder is Auburns main trustee, he has ALOT of pull in Auburn. I think I saw a Yahoo list where he was on the top 3 most powerful trustees at a major college. He HATED Tubberville, (JETGATE) when they flew to Louisville to go pick up Petrino, but the whole situation blew up. Chizik DID coach at Auburn when Auburn was VERY successful. It was publically known that Chizik had a GREAT relationship with both the AD and Lowder. So, YES they did want Chizik. For you to tell me I am CLUELESS? thats ridiculous. Do you really think they fired Tubberville knowing that they'd only get number 103 on there list? um NO. Do you really think they would of ended there coaching search in a week like they did if they could only get number 103 on there list? um NO. Auburn has plenty of money, money is what brings coaches in. You are the clueless one, not me.
    Ok...sounds good

    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  25. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586


    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ok...sounds good

  26. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    The reason I made the comment about Alabamas coaching search:

    Well i'll put it in "Alabama Fan" terms. If Bobby Joe the Alabama fan has a singlewide trailer, he doesnt make fun of Jimmy Joe the Alabama fan because he too has a singlewide trailer. It doesn't make sense too. Get it?
    I feel you, man. I actually wasn't trying to make fun of Auburn, I just wanted to call a spade a spade. I think Alabama and Auburn are a lot more similar than their fans like to admit. AU is no longer the red-headed stepchild of football within the state, and Alabama is far from their glory days.

    I still feel both schools got a dose of reality during their last coaching searches. Both jobs are beyond high-pressure... and they've lost appeal to those coaches who aren't willing to risk, or be scrutinized in such a ridiculous manner.

    Hopefully, we can agree on that.

    Believe it or not... at the end of the day, Auburn's my second-favorite team in the country.
    RTR.
  27. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    I guess I have to attempt to be nice now lol.. Yeah I actually do agree with that. Honestly I think it's Finebaum who has caused me to be so hateful about Alabama lately. He's a complete prick when it comes to Auburn and him being the only sports talk station I have in Bham, it makes me have to listen to it.

    Luckily Saban hates him though which is causing him to not be "AS MUCH" of a Alabama homer.

    You hear the new story about Saban calling out the Alabama fans in being "Bad Fans" as the way they were upset about them playing Utah and pretty much blaming them for the loss?




    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I feel you, man. I actually wasn't trying to make fun of Auburn, I just wanted to call a spade a spade. I think Alabama and Auburn are a lot more similar than their fans like to admit. AU is no longer the red-headed stepchild of football within the state, and Alabama is far from their glory days.

    I still feel both schools got a dose of reality during their last coaching searches. Both jobs are beyond high-pressure... and they've lost appeal to those coaches who aren't willing to risk, or be scrutinized in such a ridiculous manner.

    Hopefully, we can agree on that.

    Believe it or not... at the end of the day, Auburn's my second-favorite team in the country.
  28. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    I guess I have to attempt to be nice now lol.. Yeah I actually do agree with that. Honestly I think it's Finebaum who has caused me to be so hateful about Alabama lately. He's a complete prick when it comes to Auburn and him being the only sports talk station I have in Bham, it makes me have to listen to it.

    Luckily Saban hates him though which is causing him to not be "AS MUCH" of a Alabama homer.

    You hear the new story about Saban calling out the Alabama fans in being "Bad Fans" as the way they were upset about them playing Utah and pretty much blaming them for the loss?
    Yeah, Finebaum's a complete tool. I can't tolerate him.

    With the Saban story... is that how Finebaum's spinning it? Because that's not how I interpreted Saban at all. He wasn't blaming the fans for the loss. In fact, he took full accountability. There's no doubt he heard all the noise after the BCS selections were made about the Sugar Bowl meaning nothing, and how playing Utah was a slap in the face. I know for a fact that's how the fans were reacting over at al.com.

    That's the best thing about Saban, as far as I'm concerned. He's never tried to coach in Bear's shadow. You can't find success that way. He pretty much calls out Bama's fans for being delusional, and for being counterproductive to the process of turning things around in T-town. Let's face it, a lot of old-school Tide fans still talk as if it's 1979. There needs to be a huge culture change if Alabama is to get back to the top of the national ranks.

    Here are Saban's exact words:

    “I tried to tell everyone, you’re only going to remember one thing about [the Sugar Bowl] and that’s the outcome. So there’s no interest, there’s no passion and everybody is embarrassed because of how we played. Well, it’s because you didn’t have any passion for it, you didn’t have any interest in it, you didn’t have any enthusiasm to do it, and that’s across the board. And that’s not right."

    His collective "you" refers to the players, the fans, the coaches, and himself... and I agree wholeheartedly. Alabama could have taken the approach of "WTF? Utah? We'll show them." Instead, they got on their high-horse and became cocky and lazy. I remember Saban warning everyone that they weren't prepared, and he was obviously right.
    RTR.
  29. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    Yeah it is, I listened to exactly what Saban said on Finebaums show and really didnt see where he was coming from with saying Saban was doing that. Finebaum is the king at making STUPID people get stirred up by making them believe bull ****. You'd be suprised at how often he comes up with something that makes no sense and gets idiotic Alabama AND Auburn fans to call on going all irate about it. I'd love to call in and tell him my mind but its a lose/lose situation to do so because if you tell him off he'll just cut you off then put some final word in to make himself look better.
  30. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    663

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc-2EGPQNVM"]YouTube - Florida Sucks[/ame]

    <3 <3

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_OGWACKbA"]YouTube - OU Sucks 2008[/ame]
  31. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420
    RTR.
  32. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Honestly, there is no question in my mind that florida deserves the preseason #1 pick. They're the defending national champs; the entire defense returns; along with the majority of the offense. While preseason #1 doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot in the long run, based on what we know going into the season...florida deserves it, imo.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  33. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    13066

    It'll be Texas vs Florida IMO. Too much firepower in Gainesville even w/out Harvin. I think will also be Cal's best shot at unseating USC since Aaron Rodgers' junior year.
  34. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Honestly, there is no question in my mind that florida deserves the preseason #1 pick. They're the defending national champs; the entire defense returns; along with the majority of the offense. While preseason #1 doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot in the long run, based on what we know going into the season...florida deserves it, imo.
    I agree. I actually think SI did a rational job... although I think preseason polls should be eliminated. Rank 'em after week 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I think will also be Cal's best shot at unseating USC since Aaron Rodgers' junior year.
    Man, don't get my hopes up. I'm counting on Best to tear it up this season. Can't wait to get over to Berkeley in the fall. Go Bears!
    RTR.
  35. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    663

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I agree. I actually think SI did a rational job... although I think preseason polls should be eliminated. Rank 'em after week 4.

    Man, don't get my hopes up. I'm counting on Best to tear it up this season. Can't wait to get over to Berkeley in the fall. Go Bears!
    Somehow an aggressive contact sport and Berekly just dont seem compatable.

    But, should those rankings hold, the OU (sucks) - Texas game should have a lot on the line...more than usual.
  36. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    Georgia wont be in the top 25 at the end of the season, I dont even think they will make a bowl game.
  37. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Georgia wont be in the top 25 at the end of the season, I dont even think they will make a bowl game.
    I seriously doubt that. There aren't seven teams on their schedule who will beat them. A colossal collapse would still leave them with a 7-5 record. The last time Georgia was supposed to be mediocre ('05), they took the SEC Championship. They've won no less than 8 games per season since 1996, and they have a 74-18 record since 2002. Richt is quality.
    RTR.
  38. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Somehow an aggressive contact sport and Berekly just dont seem compatable.
    Dude, you have no idea. See, Tedford has each player read this the night before every game:
    51HAfsh-BhL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

    RTR.
  39. Registered User
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    663

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Dude, you have no idea. See, Tedford has each player read this the night before every game:
    51HAfsh-BhL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

    Good lord...God I hate politicians, universally.
  40. Registered User
    h0other's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    586

    They weren't a top 15 team last year with the #1 QB and RB drafted and 2nd WR drafted. Joe Cox is TERRIBLE, have you seen him come in before? Richt is a good coach but you can only coach people up so much. A 6-3 spring game is showing a preview of how terrible there offence is.

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I seriously doubt that. There aren't seven teams on their schedule who will beat them. A colossal collapse would still leave them with a 7-5 record. The last time Georgia was supposed to be mediocre ('05), they took the SEC Championship. They've won no less than 8 games per season since 1996, and they have a 74-18 record since 2002. Richt is quality.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 09:19 AM
  2. 2009 Formula One season
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM
  3. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1563
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 10:12 PM
  4. Football Off season log
    By pavb10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
  5. College Football Pre-Season 2007
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in