2009 College Football Season

Page 7 of 92 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Can't wait for the season to start... in 4 1/2 months! I'll admit I'm a little nervous about the V-Tech game. Unfortunately, Bama can't sneak up on anyone this year.
    RTR.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Can't wait for the season to start... in 4 1/2 months! I'll admit I'm a little nervous about the V-Tech game. Unfortunately, Bama can't sneak up on anyone this year.
    Ha a ton of people I know go to Tech...and it really irritates me because they act like they are the greatest thing ever. Their squad should be improved from last year IMO but unless Tyrod Taylor learns how to pass I am not sure how the season will turn out for them..
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    LOL at the Bama and Auburn fighting going on in here. I miss CFB and arguing with ppl about it with people who go to school with me haha
    Bolt, you going to Cal's opener versus Maryland? Revenge game. If you are, let's make it a point to meet up and have a brewski.
    RTR.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Bolt, you going to Cal's opener versus Maryland? Revenge game. If you are, let's make it a point to meet up and have a brewski.
    Ha naw homie I live on the East nowadays

I HAD tickets to the game against UMD last year but my pal flaked and I didn't wanna roll in there all alone(good thing I didn't go I was pretty pissed we lost)

We need revenge tho I have been hearing about the sorry ACC for too long now and it didn't help we got beat in Bball either
    PEScience Representative

5. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Have you visited? It's a beautiful campus. Very homey unlike the frat-tastic Alabama campus in the slums of Tuscaloosa.
    Not yet, and thats what I hear. I have a lot of people I know from Alabama, my buddies fiance's family, lifting buddies, firearm buddies. So I play to make a stop there this summer sometime hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    **Note to Trauma1: Dude, I never posted scores from the 19th century!
    Yet.
    •   

6. Let me know when you swing through, I might be up there too, if so I'll show you around.

7. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    You're getting less intelligent by the post.

**Note to Trauma1: Dude, I never posted scores from the 19th century!
    Hey, at least this year you have an auburn fan to talk some smack with.

I look forward to all the other SEC rivals finding their way back to this thread for some good ol' sh*t slingin'!

And true - you never posted scores from the 19th century.

I almost forgot...

TENNESSEE SUCKS!!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

8. I'm probably the only LSU fan u'll hear say this but Saban is a good enough coach that there may be a new era of Bama domination.......even if he is a ****ing mercenary

9. Agreed he is a good coach, however, his time at Alabama WILL be short lived. He has already shown signs of getting tired of the idiotic Alabama fans. I give him 2 more years, tops.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ha a ton of people I know go to Tech...and it really irritates me because they act like they are the greatest thing ever. Their squad should be improved from last year IMO but unless Tyrod Taylor learns how to pass I am not sure how the season will turn out for them..
    To be fair - they have been the best ACC team for the last 5 years or so. It's not really that close as far as consistency.

Till the Canes and Noles can regain some form - I think that'll be the case for a while. Unless Davis gets the Heels to another level. (He doesn't have the recruiting base Shannon and Bowden have in FLA.)

11. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    To be fair - they have been the best ACC team for the last 5 years or so. It's not really that close as far as consistency.

Till the Canes and Noles can regain some form - I think that'll be the case for a while. Unless Davis gets the Heels to another level. (He doesn't have the recruiting base Shannon and Bowden have in FLA.)
    O I don't deny there consistency(I forget but they are on quite a streak of 10 win seasons..). I just got tired of hearing about them as it had taken them forever to win a BCS bowl....
    PEScience Representative

12. I'd compare VTech to Ohio State, best team in a weak conference.

13. Headed down to Gainesville for this weekend Spring Game and to see Samantha who had to be admitted to UF Shands for CF related problems.

My friends on this board recall that she is friends with many of the football players from her 2 years living in the sports dorm (she played tennis). Last night Tim Tebow walked by her room - was surprised to see her there - and they ended up chatting for a little while. Turns out he walks to Shands on his own every once in a while to cheer up some of the sick kids. Truly a "one in a million".

I'll report back next week about the game.

Samantha's Story: www.Run500ForCF.org

14. That is a sad story.. Hope the best for her. So often people fail to realize how lucky they are and things like this can help people realize that life is a blessing, it's not owed to us.

15. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post

2. How can you say Tenn will have problem at depth at running back when they have BOTH of the nations top running backs going there? I dont like Tenn but it doesn't look like they will have a problem at running back til these 2 go pro.
    For one, they are both true freshman RB's, and Byrce Brown played against very crappy competiton in Kansas. And two, David Oku still is not qualified yet. The number #1 h.s RB in the country last year, Darrell Scott for Colorado, didn't even start for a crappy CU team.

It's another sellout for the Huskers spring game. 80,000 screaming fans in red watching a freakin practice. Bo has us going in the right direction for sure.

16. Quote Originally Posted by AFOX View Post
    It's another sellout for the Huskers spring game. 80,000 screaming fans in red watching a freakin practice. Bo has us going in the right direction for sure.
    Alabama's A-Day game is being shown on ESPN tomorrow. There were more than 92,000 in attendance in '07... but that slipped down to only 78,000 last year.

Curious to see how Nebraska will do this season. The Tide and the Huskers both play V-Tech before they get into their respective conference schedules, so it will be interesting to compare/contrast the two games. I miss the Nebraska teams of old. When I was a kid, I remember them beating a Minnesota team 84-13. That score always stuck in my mind... because it was so unbelievable to me that a running team could score that many points!
    RTR.

17. Well...at least its football I guess. Crazy Bammers. Oh rubber, got some Bear trivia.

Who was the only player under Bear to win the heisman?

And what was the only piece of jewelry Bear was known to wear, and was wearing at the time of his death?

18. My kinds guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Well...at least its football I guess. Crazy Bammers. Oh rubber, got some Bear trivia.

And what was the only piece of jewelry Bear was known to wear, and was wearing at the time of his death?

19. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Well...at least its football I guess. Crazy Bammers. Oh rubber, got some Bear trivia.

Hey, I watched "Junction Boys" on ESPN a few years back. I know it was a player from Texas A&M. He wore the ring his Junction players gave him in 1979 at their reunion. One of those players is Gene Stallings, who later coached Bama and won a nat'l championship.

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    My kinds guy.
    Yeah... that makes no sense. Kinds must be from the same dialect you got retarted from!

Wow, I just realized. You weren't even alive during the late Bryant era. No wonder you feel so jipped by the current state of affairs in Auburn. You don't have a whole lot of history to draw upon. So, let me put this into proper context for you. You see, the next decade of Alabama/Auburn football will be a lot like it was the first ten years of my life. (You can do the math and then Google it.)
    RTR.

20. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Alabama's A-Day game is being shown on ESPN tomorrow. There were more than 92,000 in attendance in '07... but that slipped down to only 78,000 last year.

Curious to see how Nebraska will do this season. The Tide and the Huskers both play V-Tech before they get into their respective conference schedules, so it will be interesting to compare/contrast the two games. I miss the Nebraska teams of old. When I was a kid, I remember them beating a Minnesota team 84-13. That score always stuck in my mind... because it was so unbelievable to me that a running team could score that many points!
    Ya I always hope for Nebraska to do well. A lot of my family is from there and you know how they feel about football....
    PEScience Representative

21. Kind of* I was on my phone. Are you really so insecure with your intelligence where you try to bash my typing on a internet forum? I am a college graduate and am currently pursuing a MBA in business/accounting and just passed the CPA exam, dumb is NOT something I am. What is dumb is calling someone dumb when you have no idea who they are. You may disagree with my thoughts on football and that is fine, but name calling is the only dumb thing being done in this thread.

22. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    What is dumb is calling someone dumb when you have no idea who they are. You may disagree with my thoughts on football and that is fine, but name calling is the only dumb thing being done in this thread.
    are you retarted ? That team that lost to ULM LOST TO AUBURN SIX STRAIGHT YEARS.
    Sure got you and every other trailer park in Alabama excited for a few months thats for sure.
    Really, h0other? I was having fun with what you typed. Sorry if that hit a nerve with you. I realize that tone is difficult to decipher on an internet forum, so I'll just give you my disclaimer now: I love to clown on here. All the other posters in this thread know it. Believe me... it's nothing personal.

As far as name-calling, I won't get into the whole pot/kettle thing. Preach on, brutha!
    RTR.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Hey, at least this year you have an auburn fan to talk some smack with.
    I should be careful what I ask for.

RTR.

24. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Hey, I watched "Junction Boys" on ESPN a few years back. I know it was a player from Texas A&M. He wore the ring his Junction players gave him in 1979 at their reunion. One of those players is Gene Stallings, who later coached Bama and won a nat'l championship.
    Bah, I cant believe you knew that. I was enjoying stumping some of the Bammers in my life. It was so great to watch their faces in horror as I knew something they didnt know about the Bear. If Bear had stayed at Texas ATM...can you imagine how different the Texas college football scene would be?

Moral of the story is, everyone save your breath, Texas will win the NC this year.

25. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Moral of the story is, everyone save your breath, Texas will win the NC this year.
    Explain why.

26. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    LOL at Moral of the story is... I think Texas has a good shot at it. Pretty easy non-conference schedule and T.Tech at home this year. I would also imagine Colt having somewhat of a chip on his shoulder on the third Saturday in October.
    RTR.

27. I was going to comment on Florida's Spring Game yesterday, but Sports Illustrated can say it a lot better than me...

SI reviews UF's Spring Game:
    "Meyer Has Gators LOADED Beyond Belief"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

3 outta 4 anybody??

28. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Explain why.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    LOL at Moral of the story is... I think Texas has a good shot at it. Pretty easy non-conference schedule and T.Tech at home this year. I would also imagine Colt having somewhat of a chip on his shoulder on the third Saturday in October.
    There are several reasons.

=Our secondary now does not have 3 true freshman starting.
    =Muschampion
    =Colt McCoy, who should have taken the heisman, will return for his seinor season. Doesnt hurt that Shipley got his 6th year of eligibility.

Colt cant lose if he plays as good, if not better, than he did last season and the defense will be drastically improved. Not only that, but should Texas meet with Florida in the NC, which would be great, I think theyd beat them.

29. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Not only that, but should Texas meet with Florida in the NC, which would be great, I think theyd beat them.
    I agree that it would be a great game although I respectfully disagree with you about the outcome.

The UF team that held scoring machine OU to 14 points in the NC returns it's ENTIRE STARTING DEFENSE - TWO DEEP!
    And the offense is stacked pretty sick also, led by a guy named Tebow
    (see Sports Illustrated link 2 posts up "Meyer loads UF Beyond Belief").

UF has a juggernaut this year and an uncharacteristically weak schedule (at least compared to your typical suicidal SEC schedule). I see UF playing Texas or USC in the NC (God forbid OSU goes undefeated).

30. Quote Originally Posted by OldGator View Post
    UF has a juggernaut this year and an uncharacteristically weak schedule (at least compared to your typical suicidal SEC schedule).
    AKA back to the typical Noles and Bum F*ck U non- conference schedule.

Canes got Boomer Sooner this year and OSU* in '10 and '11.

Edit - I'll have to find the article, but yet again your AD higher ups are puss*es when it comes to something regular with Miami. Not saying you fans are. Most Gators I know would love to have the Big 3 playing each year for the FLA state title. But Foley and those guys are freaking babies.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. 2009 Formula One season
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 05:10 PM
  3. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk