2009 College Football Season
- 04-02-2009, 12:30 AM
- 04-02-2009, 01:21 AM
04-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Vols Top Returning RB Creer leaves the team:
He had fallen to 4th on the depth chart. That said, Hardesty is their top returning RB but he gets hurt just running through the T.
I personally think the Vols are screwed depth wise at RB.
1. Hardesty is injury prone.
2. Taurean Poole is a soph with no experience and he is not fast. A small bowling ball if you will.
3. They are then relying on Toney Williams (a slightly bigger Poole clone) and the 2 true freshmen - David Oku and Bryce Brown.
Mix that with poor QB play (Crompton) / not much experience (Stephens / Coleman)... no depth on the o-line... should be interesting for Kiffin.
04-04-2009, 01:50 AM
04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
FSU fans? What are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Did any of you go to the Spring game? From the looks of it I'd guess NO .
FSU's schedule is a bit harder than last year and I personally think they'll lose at least 4 regular season games. I predict 8-4 with 9-3 best case and 7-5 somewhat likely.
As far as who's gone, they lost Antone Smith, Carr, Surrency, Parker, Brown (DE), Nicholson (LB), Rolle (S), and Carter (CB). I believe P. Robinson is the only starter returning in the secondary (?). They also lose Gano and Garvin from special teams which both were among the best in the country at their positions. They do get Ponder and the whole OL back, which I guess could give reason for a bit of optimism.
04-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Don't miss out on the next deal:http://pescience.com/insider
Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
04-14-2009, 11:38 PM
04-15-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm just ready to see which divison makes it to the National championship this year to be made to look like a JV squad vs whichever SEC team dominates
04-15-2009, 01:13 AM
If Texas or USC make it out, your words may not taste very good. I would say the Big XII but OU is the only other team thats a NC contender and uh.....
Personally, I want to see UT vs USC Round 2.
Just be glad the SEC has gotten to play teams that shouldnt have been there in the first place.
04-15-2009, 02:07 AM
04-15-2009, 02:33 AM
1. Ohio State will always be a easy W in the NC game to a SEC team who played tough teams all season instead of pushovers.
2. How can you say Tenn will have problem at depth at running back when they have BOTH of the nations top running backs going there? I dont like Tenn but it doesn't look like they will have a problem at running back til these 2 go pro.
3. War Eagle, we may struggle again this year but I am a Auburn fan through!
04-15-2009, 02:42 AM
04-15-2009, 02:51 AM
04-15-2009, 02:58 AM
It's intense. I live in BHAM right now so I am right in the middle of it for both locations. Alabama is definitely getting ALL the hype regarding football in Alabama right now but I honestly dont see why. Without big Andre it showed a BIG hole in the Tide. Comon now, UTAH??? The stromin mormens??? haha. You do have the best WR in the country though in Julio Jones, he's going to be a STUD in the NFL.
04-15-2009, 04:44 AM
Bottom line for the Tigers: Good luck winning a state championship in the next five years or so. By the end of this November, 36-0 might be fond memory.
04-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Good God, the Big 12 and their schedules. Get ready for these two to be in the top 5 (again) before actually playing a decent team.
"Texas and Texas Tech also aren't playing any "Big Six" schools in non-conference games; there are just four "Big Six" schools nationally in that category. This is the fourth season in a row Texas Tech is playing no "Big Six" schools in non-conference play. Yes, you read that right: For the fourth season in a row, Texas Tech is playing zero non-conference games against "power conference" schools."
Rivals.com College Football - Non-conference slates continue to weaken
04-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Alabama has one fatal flaw. They are the USC of the south. They have everything going for them but will still manage to blow it somehow I think.
04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
ahh WAR!! I love it lol.
1. I repeat, you lost to UTAH, I dont see how anyone can be on a high horse after losing to UTAH, guess it's better than losing to Louisiana Monroe though? Oh wait, you lost to them the year before.
2. DJ Fluker will play virtually no roll this year, neither will Richardson. Ingram and Upchurch are NO upgrade from Tate/Fannin at Auburn. If anything Auburn holds the + in that battle.
3. Recruiting classes are nice but Saban isnt big on playing young ones, so that wont come in til next year. Mckelroy is NO upgrade. He has virtually no experience and then when you try to run it, remember how Utah STUFFED that run game without big Andre.
4. Yes I do believe you are missing something with Auburn. For one, Auburn is by no means Iowa State. Dont believe Iowa State had 90% 4star recruits and up starting for them. Also his staff was terrible at Iowa State and he put together a great one here.
and for TexasTitan -- Alabama is by no means looked at as the USC of the south. They have had 2 good years the past 10, one of them being overshadowed by Auburns perfect season. Hard to be a powerhouse when the year before you went 6-6, losing to LOUISIANA MONROE. I'd love to see the day at USC would love to LOUISIANA MONROE. Alabama is just a school of past dwellers who want more than anything to reach the level they were at before they were born, but it will never happen. Saban will leave after this year or next for a less annoying fan base. You can tell he has no connection with that school.
04-15-2009, 01:50 PM
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Have you visited? It's a beautiful campus. Very homey unlike the frat-tastic Alabama campus in the slums of Tuscaloosa.
04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
04-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Here's what I've always noticed about Auburn fans: they talk more and know more about Alabama than they do their own team! I'm sure Freud had something to say about that.
Seriously, you and I can't have a WAR. You want to know why? Because that team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe two seasons ago... yeah, they destroyed your non-bowl-eligible team 36-0 just five months ago. Alabama owns the past, present, and future of football within your state. You guys had your time. It lasted less than a decade, and it yielded a total of zero national championships. Hope you enjoyed it!
As for McElroy not being an upgrade, you might remember this little punctuation mark:
YouTube - McElroy to Maze for 6!!
04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
04-15-2009, 02:55 PM
are you retarted ? That team that lost to ULM LOST TO AUBURN SIX STRAIGHT YEARS.
Nov. 23, 2002 Auburn 17-7 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
Nov. 22, 2003 Auburn 28-23 Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
Nov. 20, 2004 Auburn 21-13 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
Nov. 19, 2005 Auburn 28-18 Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
Nov. 18, 2006 Auburn 22-15 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
2007 Alabama 10 Auburn 17 Auburn, Alabama ALA
Every squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. 1 out of 7 years is good for a BAMMER I guess?? Sure got you and every other trailer park in Alabama excited for a few months thats for sure.
And as for Mckelroy is whatever his name is, he hasnt been looking too good in spring ball. Glad you liked his ONE pass though. Hopefully Starr Jackson will be a winner?? lol isnt there a lady on the view named that?
Similar Forum Threads
- By enhanced in forum Sports TalkReplies: 302Last Post: 02-08-2013, 03:37 PM
- By plenny in forum Sports TalkReplies: 2592Last Post: 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
- By Trauma1 in forum Sports TalkReplies: 1563Last Post: 02-20-2009, 11:12 PM
- By jmh80 in forum Sports TalkReplies: 72Last Post: 11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum General ChatReplies: 60Last Post: 01-10-2003, 01:34 PM