2009 College Football Season

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing good man. I'm two and a half weeks out from a show. Diet is killing me. Hope things are going well for you.

As far as Stafford, I don't know if I can justify him being a #1 pick. I'm about as big a UGA fan as it gets, but I think he's got a good chance of being an NFL bust.
Good luck with the show, buddy! Show'em how it's done! :)

I tend to agree about stafford. The kid has a pretty good arm, but i'm not sure he has that dynamic factor about him him that will allow him to prosper in the nfl.

Percy Harvin has taken some flak as well with it being said he's "injury prone." However, i truly believe that kid is about as dynamic as it gets. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True.
Beating up Phat Phil over the last few years kinda got like watching DragLine beating the crap out of Cool Hand Luke ("why does he keep getting up?") - you needed to watch but you didn't really want to.

Now, every Gator has September 19 burned into their brains (and my first "gotta see" home game flying down from Philly).

Lame does deserve credit for motivating a Gator team (and fans) that could use just that in 2009.
You know i'll be there for the "Lame Kitten" slaughter. :D

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Hey jmh80...check this out man! I hope it happens and I know you do.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I go both ways :naughty:
Gators / PSU that is

Living in Pennsylvania all my life, I'm part of a long time dedicated PSU alum family (dad, mom, cousins, etc) and went to PSU games since I was a litle boy. But I broke the mold in 1974 by going to Gainesville. So glad my oldest daughter follwed suite - and how lucky is she that her tenure is during these incredible 2006-2010 sports years. She could see 5 major titles in 4 years!! Going back down to Gainesville to see games again in this era and watch these teams (the great football teams and the unbelievable basketball "repeat" team) has to rank as one of the most exciting times of my life. Samantha's 4 years in Gainesville may go down in history as the best 4 year period (sports wise) to ever be at UF - or any other school for that matter!

So "Plenny", while there's always a place for in my heart for the Nittany Lion to squeeze in with the Gator, if the two ever met I'm in orange and blue - my alma mater.

you just put a daggar thru my heart..lol........btw..what part of pa are you from????????

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
penn state 2009 schedule:

Akron
Syracuse
Temple
Iowa
at Illinois
E.illinois
Minnesotta
at Michigan
at Northwestern
Ohio st
Indiana
at Mich.st.

first 3 games at home are cupcakes..i know...i want revenge on Iowa in happy valley...of course, ohio state concerns me....also, minnesotta is my "sleeper" team in the big 10....bottom line....great chance of big 10 champions..again!!

in 2010-2011 seasons we will have the joy of slappin' Alabama around....(rubbering hope your still here for that buddy)

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in 2010-2011 seasons we will have the joy of slappin' Alabama around....(rubbering hope your still here for that buddy)
Oh, I'm here. Sorry... :laugh::laugh::laugh: I just can't stop chuckling at that schedule. Christ, at least Bama scheduled Virginia Tech! No offense, but your guys don't have one meaningful non-conference game... and not too many interesting conference games. I know this can't sit well with Joe Pa. The guy's a competitor. The AD needs to be slapped though.

So, I guess we're in for another season where PSU steadily climbs to an artificially high ranking... cries about a lack of respect... loses to a relative chump... and then gets pounded again in the Rose Bowl. :no:

As for 2010-11, Penn State couldn't have picked a worse time to schedule Alabama. The Tide will be bringing three #1 recruiting classes to the field next year, so good luck with that.

The Nittany Lions should just stick to fencing.

But plenny... you know I love ya. :kiss: (yes Brokeback)

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
As for 2010-11, Penn State couldn't have picked a worse time to schedule Alabama.
Second game of the season at Alabama no less.
Didn't they mean to schedule Northeastern South Dakota at Bum's Hill that early??

Geez, PSU could have eased into that a bit better!! :scared:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
southeast PA
doylestown area
20 miles from Philly

How 'bout you plenny?

i know where thats at....we like to get down to king of prussia a couple times a year shopping...then go for a "philly cheestake"..i live about 2 hours north..north west of doylestown...southwest of wilkes-barre

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I'm here. Sorry... :laugh::laugh::laugh: I just can't stop chuckling at that schedule. Christ, at least Bama scheduled Virginia Tech! No offense, but your guys don't have one meaningful non-conference game... and not too many interesting conference games. I know this can't sit well with Joe Pa. The guy's a competitor. The AD needs to be slapped though.

So, I guess we're in for another season where PSU steadily climbs to an artificially high ranking... cries about a lack of respect... loses to a relative chump... and then gets pounded again in the Rose Bowl. :no:

As for 2010-11, Penn State couldn't have picked a worse time to schedule Alabama. The Tide will be bringing three #1 recruiting classes to the field next year, so good luck with that.

The Nittany Lions should just stick to fencing.

But plenny... you know I love ya. :kiss: (yes Brokeback)

i would much rather get pounded by usc than Utah...and that "fencing" comment..WTF...wrestling is their "other" sport:crackhead:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
we like to get down to king of prussia a couple times a year shopping...then go for a "philly cheese steak
Yeah, despite all the attempts at imitation around the country, you can only get the best philly cheese steak in philly (surprise, surprise). If you go downtown, go to Pat's or Geno's in south Philly. Holes in the wall but world famous. Gastric addiction.

BTW, Geno is the guy who attracted the ire of the libs by posting a sign saying "Be Prepared to Order and Order in English only. This is the USA". He was being driven crazy by non-English speaking tourists.
Remember the "Soup Nazi?" on Seinfeld, well Geno is a real world "Cheese Steak Nazi"!

(sorry for going off topic)

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, despite all the attempts at imitation around the country, you can only get the best philly cheese steak in philly (surprise, surprise). If you go downtown, go to Pat's or Geno's in south Philly. Holes in the wall but world famous. Gastric addiction.

BTW, Geno is the guy who attracted the ire of the libs by posting a sign saying "Be Prepared to Order and Order in English only. This is the USA". He was being driven crazy by non-English speaking tourists.
Remember the "Soup Nazi?" on Seinfeld, well Geno is a real world "Cheese Steak Nazi"!

(sorry for going off topic)
yeah i seen ginos t-shirts with the order in english thing on it..gotta buy me one...it shall look good with my PENN STATE hat

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
jmh you still predicting a 2010 National Championship for your Canes? I remember you and Desmond Howard predicted that UM was 2 years away. You still feel good about that? How do you think Miami will start the '09 season? I see a potential 0-4 start in your future :

Sept. 7th at Florida State
Sept. 17th Georgia Tech
Sept. 26th at Virginia Tech
Oct 3rd Oklahoma

(yes our schedule is a bit softer this year :boobies:)
After watching the spring game yesterday, the pieces are all there. We've got a LOT of young talent. Best RB yesterday was Damien Berry. Exactly - no one even knows him on our own fan base.

Question is a few places in terms of depth and how long for the new DC/OC to get everything to gel.
2010 seems very reasonable. We do play at Blowhio State that year. Pryor will be a junior.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"UM and Notre Dame played annually (1971-1985 and 1987-1990) before the Irish discontinued the series. A Notre Dame student printed ''Catholics vs. Convicts'' T-shirts before the epic 1988 game in South Bend, Ind., which Notre Dame won 31-30. UM won five of the past seven meetings and hostilities rose during and after Miami's 58-7 win in 1985, when the Canes were accused of running up the score."

Yep, that sounds like Notre Dame. Hopefully, their new AD will not live in a bubble of delusion and he'll realize that recruits, the general public, and the BCS aren't dazzled by their tradition or their NBC contract. Without a conference, they have to play at least 5-6 solid programs each season. Their 2009 schedule isn't quite as weak as in past years... but having Washington and Washington State (two teams who finished a combined 2-23 last season) isn't exactly impressive, especially with Michigan and Purdue both in a rebuilding mode. What gets me is that they could win a bid to play in any of the annual "kickoff" games... yet they won't take the chance. If they could muster up the guts, they might see it pay off. No one expected a certain middle-of-the-road SEC team to crush Clemson last year, but it set the gears in motion for a pretty decent season.

But I digress... I loathe Notre Dame. :shrug:

AFOX

Awards
penn state 2009 schedule:

Akron
Syracuse
Temple
Iowa
at Illinois
E.illinois
Minnesotta
at Michigan
at Northwestern
Ohio st
Indiana
at Mich.st.

first 3 games at home are cupcakes..i know...i want revenge on Iowa in happy valley...of course, ohio state concerns me....also, minnesotta is my "sleeper" team in the big 10....bottom line....great chance of big 10 champions..again!!

Wow, what a pathetic non-conference schedule you guys have. Combined with the fact that you play in the Big 10, you should be automaticly disqualified from making the BCS. Just saying:laugh:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, what a pathetic non-conference schedule you guys have. Combined with the fact that you play in the Big 10, you should be automaticly disqualified from making the BCS. Just saying:laugh:
plenny just retained me to be his lawyer on this matter. Our defense can be found here:
Objection!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxWFDgQyZgo[/video]

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's from the '07 season, 2 seasons ago.

Where you been, hibernating? Everybody loves them some Tebow :18:.
Someone doesn't leave the swamp much. Tebow is the Tyler Hansbourough(sp) of football. Or vise-versa.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone, it's me - TexasTitan. I've just finished reading the national bestseller How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. As you can see, I've learned much. So, I thought I'd try my luck in another college football thread. The last thing I'd ever do this time around is rub people the wrong way to incite another neg train. Seriously guys, this is a whole new douche-free me. This is in NO WAY a cry for negative attention. No, not at all. I mean, who does that? This is me contributing to a thread, not seeking negative attention like some snot-nosed toddler... or a redneck tool who's insecure about his physical size. I'm definitely not one of those trolls who would post in a thread where everyone hates me just to post random clips that would insult the known majority. Like, why would I even care? Right, guys? In short (pardon the pun), I'm now a quality guy.
You complete me.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
"UM and Notre Dame played annually (1971-1985 and 1987-1990) before the Irish discontinued the series. A Notre Dame student printed ''Catholics vs. Convicts'' T-shirts before the epic 1988 game in South Bend, Ind., which Notre Dame won 31-30. UM won five of the past seven meetings and hostilities rose during and after Miami's 58-7 win in 1985, when the Canes were accused of running up the score."

Yep, that sounds like Notre Dame. Hopefully, their new AD will not live in a bubble of delusion and he'll realize that recruits, the general public, and the BCS aren't dazzled by their tradition or their NBC contract. Without a conference, they have to play at least 5-6 solid programs each season. Their 2009 schedule isn't quite as weak as in past years... but having Washington and Washington State (two teams who finished a combined 2-23 last season) isn't exactly impressive, especially with Michigan and Purdue both in a rebuilding mode. What gets me is that they could win a bid to play in any of the annual "kickoff" games... yet they won't take the chance. If they could muster up the guts, they might see it pay off. No one expected a certain middle-of-the-road SEC team to crush Clemson last year, but it set the gears in motion for a pretty decent season.

But I digress... I loathe Notre Dame. :shrug:
I pretty much agree with all of that.

Canes beat them too often and that '88 win was tainted by a really poor call on Cleveland Gary (RB) down at the ND 2 yard line. You can see the vids on YouTube - you'll see what I'm saying.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You complete me.
You gay guys are worse than women. I just wish I was more like you. You people in the Bay Area are just so progressive and ahead of the curve. You care about the environment unlike those knuckle dragging red states.

I realize you live in California now but in some places that actually play football, like the "horrible conservative hellhole" you left, football talk is more than back slapping each other. You sir are the very definition of incorrigible. Im sorry I couldnt sound more like a snippy scorned teenage girl in my post to match you.

And if you for some reason think Tebow's worship, and I mean worshipped to the degree he is, isnt more annoying than listening to a public radio pledge drive, I will be shocked.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You gay guys are worse than women. I just wish I was more like you. You people in the Bay Area are just so progressive and ahead of the curve. You care about the environment unlike those knuckle dragging red states.

I realize you live in California now but in some places that actually play football, like the "horrible conservative hellhole" you left, football talk is more than back slapping each other. You sir are the very definition of incorrigible. Im sorry I couldnt sound more like a snippy scorned teenage girl in my post to match you.

And if you for some reason think Tebow's worship, and I mean worshipped to the degree he is, isnt more annoying than listening to a public radio pledge drive, I will be shocked.

My dear god - I wish you'd just get lost and never find this thread again.

So....you're hatin' on a guy that's argueably the best player in college football, has won 2 national championships, and is a heisman trophy winner? Not to mention what this kid does off the field in terms of community service. I think you and many others are just envious of what tebow has accomplished at this level, and it's killing you to see a florida gator behind it all. Strong case you have there, twit.

Enjoy the tebow collage, TexasToolbag:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
DAMN IT! You negged next time I'm off recharge, Trauma!

I don't wants that gay pron on this board!!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, John just basically said Fukoff, Hahahaha

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to neg him again right now. What a freakin' tool he is...
It cracks me up you think that some rating on a website matters. Seriously.

Tim Tebow is ...

* possessed of it all, possessed of "it"
* the basis of a heretofore unseen phenomenon
* the alternative to a little option or a little play action
* sometimes confused with Tim Brando
* the quarterback you'd most want your daughter to marry
* Superman
* Tony Joiner's roommate
* "The Snake"
* the most Tebow of all Tebow-type quarterbacks

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It cracks me up you think that some rating on a website matters. Seriously.

Tim Tebow is ...

* possessed of it all, possessed of "it"
* the basis of a heretofore unseen phenomenon
* the alternative to a little option or a little play action
* sometimes confused with Tim Brando
* the quarterback you'd most want your daughter to marry
* Superman
* Tony Joiner's roommate
* "The Snake"
* the most Tebow of all Tebow-type quarterbacks
Since you're the one that continuously states this, apparently it's just you alone that believes it to be so; i just call them like i see them.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Since you're the one that continuously states this, apparently it's just you alone that believes it to be so; i just call them like i see them.
Wait, everyone else is dying to have a good reputation on an internet forum? You get out much? I repeat it because you guys keep negging me like it somehow will change anything or I care. I dont understand that.

simmons

simmons

Awards
  • Established
Ah, a UK fan. :D

I went to that game last year in the swamp.
Yeah I don't even want to talk about that game. lol

But I have seen some great games at Commonwealth Stadium over the past few seasons.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait, everyone else is dying to have a good reputation on an internet forum? You get out much? I repeat it because you guys keep negging me like it somehow will change anything or I care. I dont understand that.
You know what....let's just start over. I'm not typically like this to many people at all, but you have found a way to get on my nerves. The point of this thread is for us all to have some "FRIENDLY" smack-talk, as well as good conversation. I'm not going to derail it this year.

Lets all just start from scratch and go back to loving college football. Agreed?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to respond to all this, but my boyfriend and I were looping the love scene from "Milk."

Which reminds me of a joke:

What does a gay horse eat?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HAI!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: But seriously folks, I'll be here all night. Remember to tip your servers.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You know what....let's just start over. I'm not typically like this to many people at all, but you have found a way to get on my nerves. The point of this thread is for us all to have some "FRIENDLY" smack-talk, as well as good conversation. I'm not going to derail it this year.

Lets all just start from scratch and go back to loving college football. Agreed?
Sure, Im just fine with that. Florida, keep your eyes peeled for Texas this year. I dont see Bama making it out as SEC champs, or LSU (this year), definintly not Georgia. I think Colt will do well (again) this year. Muschampion has the defense running better, especially in the secondary, and our running game may exist.

I was going to respond to all this, but my boyfriend and I were looping the love scene from "Milk."

Which reminds me of a joke:

What does a gay horse eat?
Haaaaaaaay....

Ah Milk. Sean Pean, what a great actor.

loki515

Awards
Mike Vic is getting off home arrest and restarting in school.

loki515

Awards
can't help it. I love football, joke about Vic thou... i own pitbulls and they are one of the best dogs ever and to make them fight is a horrible thing.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am getting really anxious...i NEED some football...soon