2009 College Football Season

Page 6 of 92 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I am getting really anxious...i NEED some football...soon
    Jahvid Best will become a household name this season. I predict a monster season for that guy... and hopefully Cal. Can't wait to get out to Berkeley in the fall. GO BEARS!
    RTR.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I am getting really anxious...i NEED some football...soon
    It's April. Simmer down young 'un.
    •   
       


  3. Vols Top Returning RB Creer leaves the team:

    http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...s/?*********RSS

    He had fallen to 4th on the depth chart. That said, Hardesty is their top returning RB but he gets hurt just running through the T.

    I personally think the Vols are screwed depth wise at RB.

    1. Hardesty is injury prone.
    2. Taurean Poole is a soph with no experience and he is not fast. A small bowling ball if you will.
    3. They are then relying on Toney Williams (a slightly bigger Poole clone) and the 2 true freshmen - David Oku and Bryce Brown.

    Mix that with poor QB play (Crompton) / not much experience (Stephens / Coleman)... no depth on the o-line... should be interesting for Kiffin.

  4. Lame Kitten will be ravaged by the SEC.

  5. FSU fans? What are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Did any of you go to the Spring game? From the looks of it I'd guess NO .



    FSU's schedule is a bit harder than last year and I personally think they'll lose at least 4 regular season games. I predict 8-4 with 9-3 best case and 7-5 somewhat likely.

    As far as who's gone, they lost Antone Smith, Carr, Surrency, Parker, Brown (DE), Nicholson (LB), Rolle (S), and Carter (CB). I believe P. Robinson is the only starter returning in the secondary (?). They also lose Gano and Garvin from special teams which both were among the best in the country at their positions. They do get Ponder and the whole OL back, which I guess could give reason for a bit of optimism.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Jahvid Best will become a household name this season. I predict a monster season for that guy... and hopefully Cal. Can't wait to get out to Berkeley in the fall. GO BEARS!
    Ya I am really excited to watch him play again this year. He was really fun to watch last year and he helped out immensely despite a struggling passing game. Hopefully he can put up some big numbers and continue to add to Cals prestige and we can keep on moving up with more exposure to help increase our level of recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    It's April. Simmer down young 'un.
    I know but I really miss it Spring practices are kicking in all over the place though!
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  7. Ohio State is going to be tough this year. QB got some experience under his belt.
    I'm Back...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    Ohio State is going to be tough this year. QB got some experience under his belt.
    And they lost both starting corners and their big time running back. Granted OSU is always stacked with talent, playing in the sissy Big 10 wont put them in a spot to go to the NC. Not again, no one wants to see another BCS loss. OU and OSU need to be left out of the BCS for them to actually win a bowl game once in a while.

  9. I'm just ready to see which divison makes it to the National championship this year to be made to look like a JV squad vs whichever SEC team dominates

  10. If Texas or USC make it out, your words may not taste very good. I would say the Big XII but OU is the only other team thats a NC contender and uh.....



    Personally, I want to see UT vs USC Round 2.

    Just be glad the SEC has gotten to play teams that shouldnt have been there in the first place.
  11. JDK5386
    JDK5386's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    Ohio State is going to be tough this year. QB got some experience under his belt.
    Dark horse. Really could go either way for them depending on how Pryor performs and how well they replace Beanie Baby and Jenkins. Pryor is the best freshman athlete to come out of high school in a while, and if Tressel gets as much improvement from Pryor as he with some of his other QBs he will be a legitimate Heisman contender.

  12. 1. Ohio State will always be a easy W in the NC game to a SEC team who played tough teams all season instead of pushovers.

    2. How can you say Tenn will have problem at depth at running back when they have BOTH of the nations top running backs going there? I dont like Tenn but it doesn't look like they will have a problem at running back til these 2 go pro.

    3. War Eagle, we may struggle again this year but I am a Auburn fan through!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Just be glad the SEC has gotten to play teams that shouldnt have been there in the first place.
    The Florida and LSU teams of the last three years would've beaten any team on the field on those particular nights. It has more to do with SEC defensive coaches having 5-6 weeks to figure out the other team's offense. If the last three BCS title games had been played a week after the regular seasons ended... then maybe we would've seen closer games. Doubtful... but maybe.
    RTR.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    War Eagle, we may struggle again this year but I am a Auburn fan through!
    Negged.













    Just kidding!!! Auburn could be a surprise in the SEC West this year. Strong emphasis on could. I still pull for them 11 games out of the season though. The rest of the guys in this thread don't truly understand the Iron Bowl rivalry.

    Roll Tide!
    RTR.

  15. It's intense. I live in BHAM right now so I am right in the middle of it for both locations. Alabama is definitely getting ALL the hype regarding football in Alabama right now but I honestly dont see why. Without big Andre it showed a BIG hole in the Tide. Comon now, UTAH??? The stromin mormens??? haha. You do have the best WR in the country though in Julio Jones, he's going to be a STUD in the NFL.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    It's intense. I live in BHAM right now so I am right in the middle of it for both locations. Alabama is definitely getting ALL the hype regarding football in Alabama right now but I honestly dont see why. Without big Andre it showed a BIG hole in the Tide. Comon now, UTAH??? The stromin mormens??? haha. You do have the best WR in the country though in Julio Jones, he's going to be a STUD in the NFL.
    C'mon now, that game had less to do with the o-line than it did with overconfidence and lack of hunger. Andre didn't give Utah their 31 points. The Utes had pretty much the best first quarter a team can have, and it was over before it ever began. The Tide deserved the thumping they received. But dude... how can you say you don't comprehend why they are getting most of the attention within the state these days? Have you seen their last two recruiting classes? Pretty soon, people will be asking, "Andre who?", because D.J. Fluker (Rivals top OL, and a beast) is going to be Captain Pancake for the next few years, opening up some big lanes for Ingram, Upchurch, and Trent Richardson (a stud). Bama's weakest component was at the QB position... and Greg McElroy is a huge upgrade there. You already mentioned Julio. The defense is still solid, with a faster Mount Cody and a motivated Rolando McClain. Bama's loaded, my friend. Am I missing something? Is there anything happening on the Plains worth mentioning... besides a new coach with a 5-19 record who didn't win a single game in the Big 12 last year? Please, fill me in.

    Bottom line for the Tigers: Good luck winning a state championship in the next five years or so. By the end of this November, 36-0 might be fond memory.
    RTR.

  17. Good God, the Big 12 and their schedules. Get ready for these two to be in the top 5 (again) before actually playing a decent team.

    "Texas and Texas Tech also aren't playing any "Big Six" schools in non-conference games; there are just four "Big Six" schools nationally in that category. This is the fourth season in a row Texas Tech is playing no "Big Six" schools in non-conference play. Yes, you read that right: For the fourth season in a row, Texas Tech is playing zero non-conference games against "power conference" schools."
    Rivals.com College Football - Non-conference slates continue to weaken
    RTR.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    C'mon now, that game had less to do with the o-line than it did with overconfidence and lack of hunger. Andre didn't give Utah their 31 points. The Utes had pretty much the best first quarter a team can have, and it was over before it ever began. The Tide deserved the thumping they received. But dude... how can you say you don't comprehend why they are getting most of the attention within the state these days? Have you seen their last two recruiting classes? Pretty soon, people will be asking, "Andre who?", because D.J. Fluker (Rivals top OL, and a beast) is going to be Captain Pancake for the next few years, opening up some big lanes for Ingram, Upchurch, and Trent Richardson (a stud). Bama's weakest component was at the QB position... and Greg McElroy is a huge upgrade there. You already mentioned Julio. The defense is still solid, with a faster Mount Cody and a motivated Rolando McClain. Bama's loaded, my friend. Am I missing something? Is there anything happening on the Plains worth mentioning... besides a new coach with a 5-19 record who didn't win a single game in the Big 12 last year? Please, fill me in.

    Bottom line for the Tigers: Good luck winning a state championship in the next five years or so. By the end of this November, 36-0 might be fond memory.
    DeAndre Smith is better in my humble opinion.

    Alabama has one fatal flaw. They are the USC of the south. They have everything going for them but will still manage to blow it somehow I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Good God, the Big 12 and their schedules. Get ready for these two to be in the top 5 (again) before actually playing a decent team.

    "Texas and Texas Tech also aren't playing any "Big Six" schools in non-conference games; there are just four "Big Six" schools nationally in that category. This is the fourth season in a row Texas Tech is playing no "Big Six" schools in non-conference play. Yes, you read that right: For the fourth season in a row, Texas Tech is playing zero non-conference games against "power conference" schools."
    Rivals.com College Football - Non-conference slates continue to weaken
    Texas is a good team, they play each other in the 2nd week, Texas will beat OU again this year.

  19. ahh WAR!! I love it lol.
    1. I repeat, you lost to UTAH, I dont see how anyone can be on a high horse after losing to UTAH, guess it's better than losing to Louisiana Monroe though? Oh wait, you lost to them the year before.
    2. DJ Fluker will play virtually no roll this year, neither will Richardson. Ingram and Upchurch are NO upgrade from Tate/Fannin at Auburn. If anything Auburn holds the + in that battle.
    3. Recruiting classes are nice but Saban isnt big on playing young ones, so that wont come in til next year. Mckelroy is NO upgrade. He has virtually no experience and then when you try to run it, remember how Utah STUFFED that run game without big Andre.
    4. Yes I do believe you are missing something with Auburn. For one, Auburn is by no means Iowa State. Dont believe Iowa State had 90% 4star recruits and up starting for them. Also his staff was terrible at Iowa State and he put together a great one here.

    and for TexasTitan -- Alabama is by no means looked at as the USC of the south. They have had 2 good years the past 10, one of them being overshadowed by Auburns perfect season. Hard to be a powerhouse when the year before you went 6-6, losing to LOUISIANA MONROE. I'd love to see the day at USC would love to LOUISIANA MONROE. Alabama is just a school of past dwellers who want more than anything to reach the level they were at before they were born, but it will never happen. Saban will leave after this year or next for a less annoying fan base. You can tell he has no connection with that school.


    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    C'mon now, that game had less to do with the o-line than it did with overconfidence and lack of hunger. Andre didn't give Utah their 31 points. The Utes had pretty much the best first quarter a team can have, and it was over before it ever began. The Tide deserved the thumping they received. But dude... how can you say you don't comprehend why they are getting most of the attention within the state these days? Have you seen their last two recruiting classes? Pretty soon, people will be asking, "Andre who?", because D.J. Fluker (Rivals top OL, and a beast) is going to be Captain Pancake for the next few years, opening up some big lanes for Ingram, Upchurch, and Trent Richardson (a stud). Bama's weakest component was at the QB position... and Greg McElroy is a huge upgrade there. You already mentioned Julio. The defense is still solid, with a faster Mount Cody and a motivated Rolando McClain. Bama's loaded, my friend. Am I missing something? Is there anything happening on the Plains worth mentioning... besides a new coach with a 5-19 record who didn't win a single game in the Big 12 last year? Please, fill me in.

    Bottom line for the Tigers: Good luck winning a state championship in the next five years or so. By the end of this November, 36-0 might be fond memory.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    and for TexasTitan -- Alabama is by no means looked at as the USC of the south. They have had 2 good years the past 10, one of them being overshadowed by Auburns perfect season. Hard to be a powerhouse when the year before you went 6-6, losing to LOUISIANA MONROE. I'd love to see the day at USC would love to LOUISIANA MONROE. Alabama is just a school of past dwellers who want more than anything to reach the level they were at before they were born, but it will never happen. Saban will leave after this year or next for a less annoying fan base. You can tell he has no connection with that school.
    Oh I realize they havent been there for long, just saying, I think thats where they fit now.

    For the record, I would love to go to Auburn, if I can get enough grant money, I may try and apply in the future. I understand they are looking for a return guy too

  21. Have you visited? It's a beautiful campus. Very homey unlike the frat-tastic Alabama campus in the slums of Tuscaloosa.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Alabama has one fatal flaw. They are the USC of the south. They have everything going for them but will still manage to blow it somehow I think.
    LOL!!! I might have to agree with you on this one!
    RTR.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    I hate this. Why couldn't it last forever? Why do I have to hide my blue and orange wardrobe now? It's... it's just not fair.
    I know it's hard... but you've got to let it go.

    Here's what I've always noticed about Auburn fans: they talk more and know more about Alabama than they do their own team! I'm sure Freud had something to say about that.

    Seriously, you and I can't have a WAR. You want to know why? Because that team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe two seasons ago... yeah, they destroyed your non-bowl-eligible team 36-0 just five months ago. Alabama owns the past, present, and future of football within your state. You guys had your time. It lasted less than a decade, and it yielded a total of zero national championships. Hope you enjoyed it!

    As for McElroy not being an upgrade, you might remember this little punctuation mark:

    YouTube - McElroy to Maze for 6!!

    UPGRADE!
    RTR.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Have you visited? It's a beautiful campus. Very homey unlike the frat-tastic Alabama campus in the slums of Tuscaloosa.
    Agree with you on this as well. My sister received her BA and her masters from Alabama several years ago. Tuscaloosa is in worse shape than Mobile... and that's saying something.
    RTR.

  25. are you retarted ? That team that lost to ULM LOST TO AUBURN SIX STRAIGHT YEARS.
    Nov. 23, 2002 Auburn 17-7 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
    Nov. 22, 2003 Auburn 28-23 Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
    Nov. 20, 2004 Auburn 21-13 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
    Nov. 19, 2005 Auburn 28-18 Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
    Nov. 18, 2006 Auburn 22-15 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
    2007 Alabama 10 Auburn 17 Auburn, Alabama ALA

    Every squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. 1 out of 7 years is good for a BAMMER I guess?? Sure got you and every other trailer park in Alabama excited for a few months thats for sure.

    And as for Mckelroy is whatever his name is, he hasnt been looking too good in spring ball. Glad you liked his ONE pass though. Hopefully Starr Jackson will be a winner?? lol isnt there a lady on the view named that?


    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I know it's hard... but you've got to let it go.

    Seriously, you and I can't have a WAR. You want to know why? Because that team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe two seasons ago... yeah, they destroyed your non-bowl-eligible team 36-0 just five months ago. Alabama owns the past, present, and future of football within your state. You guys had your time. It lasted less than a decade, and it yielded a total of zero national championships. Hope you enjoyed it!

    As for McElroy not being an upgrade, you might remember this little punctuation mark:



    UPGRADE!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    are you retarted ?
    ((rubberring puts his head in his hands))

    Yep, you're definitely an Auburn fan.
    RTR.

  27. And since you Alabama fans love living in the past...


    SHABAM.
    1895 Alabama 0 Auburn 48 Tuscaloosa, Alabama AUB 3𢴎
    1900 Alabama 5 Auburn 53 Montgomery, Alabama AUB 4𢴎

    Puts the 36-0 to shame.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    And since you Alabama fans love living in the past...


    SHABAM.
    1895 Alabama 0 Auburn 48 Tuscaloosa, Alabama AUB 3𢴎
    1900 Alabama 5 Auburn 53 Montgomery, Alabama AUB 4𢴎

    Puts the 36-0 to shame.
    You're getting less intelligent by the post.




    **Note to Trauma1: Dude, I never posted scores from the 19th century!
    RTR.

  29. LOL at the Bama and Auburn fighting going on in here. I miss CFB and arguing with ppl about it with people who go to school with me haha
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  30. Talking


    haha what's a Iron Bowl argument without a 19th century reminder? ..
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
  2. 2009 Formula One season
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 04:10 PM
  3. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1563
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 11:12 PM
  4. Football Off season log
    By pavb10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
  5. College Football Pre-Season 2007
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Log in
Log in