2009 College Football Season - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

2009 College Football Season

Page 6 of 69 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Kind of* I was on my phone. Are you really so insecure with your intelligence where you try to bash my typing on a internet forum? I am a college graduate and am currently pursuing a MBA in business/accounting and just passed the CPA exam, dumb is NOT something I am. What is dumb is calling someone dumb when you have no idea who they are. You may disagree with my thoughts on football and that is fine, but name calling is the only dumb thing being done in this thread.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    What is dumb is calling someone dumb when you have no idea who they are. You may disagree with my thoughts on football and that is fine, but name calling is the only dumb thing being done in this thread.
    are you retarted ? That team that lost to ULM LOST TO AUBURN SIX STRAIGHT YEARS.
    Sure got you and every other trailer park in Alabama excited for a few months thats for sure.
    Really, h0other? I was having fun with what you typed. Sorry if that hit a nerve with you. I realize that tone is difficult to decipher on an internet forum, so I'll just give you my disclaimer now: I love to clown on here. All the other posters in this thread know it. Believe me... it's nothing personal.

As far as name-calling, I won't get into the whole pot/kettle thing. Preach on, brutha!
    RTR.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Hey, at least this year you have an auburn fan to talk some smack with.
    I should be careful what I ask for.

RTR.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Hey, I watched "Junction Boys" on ESPN a few years back. I know it was a player from Texas A&M. He wore the ring his Junction players gave him in 1979 at their reunion. One of those players is Gene Stallings, who later coached Bama and won a nat'l championship.
    Bah, I cant believe you knew that. I was enjoying stumping some of the Bammers in my life. It was so great to watch their faces in horror as I knew something they didnt know about the Bear. If Bear had stayed at Texas ATM...can you imagine how different the Texas college football scene would be?

Moral of the story is, everyone save your breath, Texas will win the NC this year.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Moral of the story is, everyone save your breath, Texas will win the NC this year.
    Explain why.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

LOL at Moral of the story is... I think Texas has a good shot at it. Pretty easy non-conference schedule and T.Tech at home this year. I would also imagine Colt having somewhat of a chip on his shoulder on the third Saturday in October.
    RTR.
  7. Advanced Member

I was going to comment on Florida's Spring Game yesterday, but Sports Illustrated can say it a lot better than me...

SI reviews UF's Spring Game:
    "Meyer Has Gators LOADED Beyond Belief"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

3 outta 4 anybody??
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Explain why.
    LOL at Moral of the story is... I think Texas has a good shot at it. Pretty easy non-conference schedule and T.Tech at home this year. I would also imagine Colt having somewhat of a chip on his shoulder on the third Saturday in October.
    There are several reasons.

=Our secondary now does not have 3 true freshman starting.
    =Muschampion
    =Colt McCoy, who should have taken the heisman, will return for his seinor season. Doesnt hurt that Shipley got his 6th year of eligibility.

Colt cant lose if he plays as good, if not better, than he did last season and the defense will be drastically improved. Not only that, but should Texas meet with Florida in the NC, which would be great, I think theyd beat them.
  9. Advanced Member

Not only that, but should Texas meet with Florida in the NC, which would be great, I think theyd beat them.
    I agree that it would be a great game although I respectfully disagree with you about the outcome.

The UF team that held scoring machine OU to 14 points in the NC returns it's ENTIRE STARTING DEFENSE - TWO DEEP!
    And the offense is stacked pretty sick also, led by a guy named Tebow
    (see Sports Illustrated link 2 posts up "Meyer loads UF Beyond Belief").

UF has a juggernaut this year and an uncharacteristically weak schedule (at least compared to your typical suicidal SEC schedule). I see UF playing Texas or USC in the NC (God forbid OSU goes undefeated).
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGator View Post
    UF has a juggernaut this year and an uncharacteristically weak schedule (at least compared to your typical suicidal SEC schedule).
    AKA back to the typical Noles and Bum F*ck U non- conference schedule.

Canes got Boomer Sooner this year and OSU* in '10 and '11.

Edit - I'll have to find the article, but yet again your AD higher ups are puss*es when it comes to something regular with Miami. Not saying you fans are. Most Gators I know would love to have the Big 3 playing each year for the FLA state title. But Foley and those guys are freaking babies.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Rubberring: my bad I took what you said wrong.

TexasTitan: Muschamp is a solid DC for sure.

On a brighter note -- Who caught Alabamas A-Day game ? Mcrelroy looked OK at best but you guys better protect him with your life because your number 2 QB, whoever it may be, looked TERRIBLE. Star Jackson needs to change his name because he will never be a Star in any mind other than his own. Only bright spot I saw for bama was Julio, he looked like he bulked up some more from last year, hes a Man-Beast. Maybe he can play QB?
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Rubberring: my bad I took what you said wrong.

TexasTitan: Muschamp is a solid DC for sure.

On a brighter note -- Who caught Alabamas A-Day game ? Mcrelroy looked OK at best but you guys better protect him with your life because your number 2 QB, whoever it may be, looked TERRIBLE. Star Jackson needs to change his name because he will never be a Star in any mind other than his own. Only bright spot I saw for bama was Julio, he looked like he bulked up some more from last year, hes a Man-Beast. Maybe he can play QB?
    You could tell all that from a practice game??? LOL! You're right, Alabama's gonna be terrible this year. 2-10 season at best. I should just switch sides now.

Why do you keep bringing up Jackson? Thomas Darrah will be the #2 QB when they release their depth chart. Looks like none of their first team RBs played. Oh, but I did read about another bright spot: Marquis Maze. You AU guys should remember him from November.

I didn't watch the A-Day game. The only people I've heard about it from are Auburn fans... which I don't really get. Well, maybe it's just me... but I will not be taking an interest in the Tigers' spring practice game.

I did watch the highlights of Florida's scrimmage though. Looks like they've got EVERYONE comin' back this season, and they're developing their next stud at the QB position. I'm sure Trauma1 or GA can fill us in. The Gators are gonna be scary good if they can stay hungry.
    RTR.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Do you think they dont try during a "practice game" ? They try to look terrible on purpose in front of 80k fans and all of America? Because if so I guess that explains alot for all 3 of Alabamas QB's. None of Bama's RB's did play and that should be there strong suit, however, you need a good O-Line to run the ball and Cody is the only one who looked in any way impressive.

It's not that I just watched Alabamas spring game, I watched Georgias, MSU, Ole Miss, Tenn, and Auburns also. You forget your roots? Theres not much else to do in Alabama than watch football! Should be a good year though, I honestly dont think that Alabama is as far ahead of Auburn this year as most people are thinking, i'd say they are pretty even going into the year.

You could tell all that from a practice game??? LOL! You're right, Alabama's gonna be terrible this year. 2-10 season at best. I should just switch sides now.

Why do you keep bringing up Jackson? Thomas Darrah will be the #2 QB when they release their depth chart. Looks like none of their first team RBs played. Oh, but I did read about another bright spot: Marquis Maze. You AU guys should remember him from November.

I didn't watch the A-Day game. The only people I've heard about it from are Auburn fans... which I don't really get. Well, maybe it's just me... but I will not be taking an interest in the Tigers' spring practice game.

I did watch the highlights of Florida's scrimmage though. Looks like they've got EVERYONE comin' back this season, and they're developing their next stud at the QB position. I'm sure Trauma1 or GA can fill us in. The Gators are gonna be scary good if they can stay hungry.
  14. Senior Member

I agree that it would be a great game although I respectfully disagree with you about the outcome.

The UF team that held scoring machine OU to 14 points in the NC returns it's ENTIRE STARTING DEFENSE - TWO DEEP!
    And the offense is stacked pretty sick also, led by a guy named Tebow
    (see Sports Illustrated link 2 posts up "Meyer loads UF Beyond Belief").

UF has a juggernaut this year and an uncharacteristically weak schedule (at least compared to your typical suicidal SEC schedule). I see UF playing Texas or USC in the NC (God forbid OSU goes undefeated).
    You have Tebow. We have Colt. Just because Colt isnt a ragingly publicly nice Christian guy doesnt mean isnt a stud on the same level. The most accurate passer in NCAA history.

If you want to use the, we BTHO of OU thing, I have some problems. OU ran up the score, there is no debating that. If you watch Texas (and Alabama), they both ran ball control offenses. Urban, and Bob, both love to run it up fast. Texas likes the 5 yard pick ups and tire out a defense. Notice how Texas only pulled away from OU in the last quarter?

OU is good but there is also something to be said about their past bowl records and bowl coaching.

Ole Miss has a weak schedule as well and Nutt seems to have something going there. Watch out for that.

Texas has gone up against a juggernaut of a team stronger IMO than the likes of Florida today. ESPNs best team ever (before that bowl game). Theres something worse than talent, and that is a team that doesnt quit.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Ole Miss has a weak schedule as well and Nutt seems to have something going there. Watch out for that.
    Agreed. I think Nutt has finally found a real home in Oxford. With Mullen at MSU, we might actually see two legitimate contenders in the SEC from the state of Mississippi in the next couple of years.
    RTR.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Even the hardcore Alabama fans have Ole Miss beating Bama this year in the West. It will be a interesting year for sure.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Even the hardcore Alabama fans have Ole Miss beating Bama this year in the West. It will be a interesting year for sure.
    And just who are these hardcore fans? Do you realize no respected sports writer had the Tide peaking until this season or next. Dude, they over-achieved last year. Danny Sheridan had this to say last September:

"Even though Bama is 2-0 and will be favored to win six of their remaining 10 games — plus they'll only be a slight 2-3 point underdog to Auburn — I still think Alabama will win seven or maybe eight games," Sheridan said. "Any team that has to play 10 freshmen is not a good football team by SEC standards. Now, 1-2 years from now they'll be a powerhouse."

Christ, even Finebaum has them finishing 11-1 during the regular season in 2009.

You know... Auburn's in the West too. Just sayin'. I think someone has a not-so-secret crush on the Tide.
    Hey, I don't blame you.
    RTR.
  18. Senior Member

As much as well all thought Auburn was going to faceplant after they fired Tommy and hired Chizik, theyve been doing all the right things. A surprising signing day (for what was expected), coaching pickups etc. It will be interesting to see how they do. I think Chizik had jack **** to work with at Iowa State and wasnt used to having to deal with the issues they have there. Low morale, low caring (who would?), low talent. Its a harsh first job IMO. We will have to wait and see. Its certainly a better job then a certain Lame Kitten has been doing. At least Chizik didnt piss off the entire SEC.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Its certainly a better job then a certain Lame Kitten has been doing. At least Chizik didnt piss off the entire SEC.
    Truedat. He's done all the right things. I've got nothing against the guy. He was definitely an effective coordinator. AU's schedule isn't too difficult before they travel to Baton Rouge. They could possibly be 6-1 or even 7-0 at that point. After that, I think the hammer will fall against LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama.

Contrary to how I might tease h0other, I don't hate Auburn. I pull for them pretty hard until their last game of the season. If I scripted it, I'd have Bama and Auburn meeting each other undefeated at the end of every season. It would give the Iron Bowl more meaning. Let's face it, the Texas-OU game wouldn't mean much outside of the southwest if they were both mediocre.

Btw, my father's a ragin' Auburn fan (probably just to spite me)... but I still love the guy!:

P.S. TexasTitan, you and I are agreeing far too much. Is this really you?

RTR.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Too funny that this clown is the one thing we ALL agree on!

Tennessee_motivational_poster_mediu.jpg

kiffinbigboy.jpg

images.jpeg
    RTR.
  21. Senior Member

My personal favorite. Also, since Im trying to play ball again, I happened to notice Auburn doesnt have a return guy at the moment...gotta gain fast and get there for walk on tryouts! Lol.

22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Finebaum predicts ole miss to beat Alabama this year. Listen to his show everyday.
    And just who are these hardcore fans? Do you realize no respected sports writer had the Tide peaking until this season or next. Dude, they over-achieved last year. Danny Sheridan had this to say last September:

"Even though Bama is 2-0 and will be favored to win six of their remaining 10 games plus they'll only be a slight 2-3 point underdog to Auburn I still think Alabama will win seven or maybe eight games," Sheridan said. "Any team that has to play 10 freshmen is not a good football team by SEC standards. Now, 1-2 years from now they'll be a powerhouse."

Christ, even Finebaum has them finishing 11-1 during the regular season in 2009.

You know... Auburn's in the West too. Just sayin'. I think someone has a not-so-secret crush on the Tide.
    Hey, I don't blame you.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Finebaum predicts ole miss to beat Alabama this year. Listen to his show everyday.
    Okay... and he still has Bama @ 11-1 and in the SEC title game. My point was that you talk about them like they reached their pinnacle last year and now it's all downhill. I'm merely highlighting that you are in the minority with that opinion.

Alright, I'm off to bed. Spring break is over and I have to teach in the morning.
    RTR.
  24. Senior Member

Okay... and he still has Bama @ 11-1 and in the SEC title game. My point was that you talk about them like they reached their pinnacle last year and now it's all downhill. I'm merely highlighting that you are in the minority with that opinion.

Alright, I'm off to bed. Spring break is over and I have to teach in the morning.
    For the record, I ****ing hate insomnia. Alabama will be a good team but as good as last year, Im not so sure. Im very skeptical of this new QB. If there is one thing we have seen, its that great recruiting classes dont always translate to a winning team. LSU, Alabama, USC are proof that both you can win big or greatly underachieve with a pisston of talent.
  25. Advanced Member

You have Tebow. We have Colt. Just because Colt isnt a ragingly publicly nice Christian guy doesnt mean isnt a stud on the same level. The most accurate passer in NCAA history.

If you want to use the, we BTHO of OU thing, I have some problems. OU ran up the score, there is no debating that. If you watch Texas (and Alabama), they both ran ball control offenses. Urban, and Bob, both love to run it up fast. Texas likes the 5 yard pick ups and tire out a defense. Notice how Texas only pulled away from OU in the last quarter?

OU is good but there is also something to be said about their past bowl records and bowl coaching.

Texas has gone up against a juggernaut of a team stronger IMO than the likes of Florida today. ESPNs best team ever (before that bowl game). Theres something worse than talent, and that is a team that doesnt quit.
    Hold on.

The nice thing about winning 2 out of 3 NC's and having a better team back this year to try for 3 out of 4 is that I don't need to suffer through the endless phantom scenarios and imaginary comparisons. We don't theorize, we just win.

06' Gators won. '08 Gators won. 09' Gators gonna win.
    I could care less who we play.

Sorry, we're loaded and have desire - because of #15 -and the only people who haven't yet come to the obvious realization that Tebow will go down as one of the best college football players ever to play the game apparently live in Austin or Norman - the "do goody Christian" insult (is that an insult ??) is a typical, tired, sour grapes Big 12 thing that has no legs anywhere else.

Gators won't win forever but right now we are on top of the mountain and we've got a shot to make some history here and I - and the Gator Nation - are enjoying the ride as far as it goes.
  26. Advanced Member

Hey Rubberring,

Didn't they look great?

Guess what? Most of the game was played by freshman and non-starters. None of the starting defense played. Very little Tebow. QB John Brantley will be a nice transition when Tebow leaves.

Just a bunch of talented, hungry players looking for a little playing time.

Meyer said "This is the finally team I envisioned when I came here, so loaded the best of the best are in a dogfight to keep off the bench."

Guess the other 2 Championship teams weren't quite up to his standards!
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Hey Rubberring,

Didn't they look great?

Guess what? Most of the game was played by freshman and non-starters. None of the starting defense played. Very little Tebow. QB John Brantley will be a nice transition when Tebow leaves.

Just a bunch of talented, hungry players looking for a little playing time.

Meyer said "This is the finally team I envisioned when I came here, so loaded the best of the best are in a dogfight to keep off the bench."

Guess the other 2 Championship teams weren't quite up to his standards!
    Yes sir. I was in attendance and these were a few of my observations :

Brantley loves to throw deep lol. Fine by me...he throws a pretty deep ball and it's always on the money. Brantley has also put on some size and is pretty mobile. He had a nice 15 yard TD run where he scrambled outside the pocket.

The WR's were impressive. Redshirt freshmen Hammond/Lawrence were both solid. Both of them had moves after the catch and on more than one occasion Lawrence was dragging defenders. It was good to see that, especially with Nelson and Cooper missing.

DE Earl Okine is a monster. 6'7'' 290 and a redshirt freshman...yikes. With Dunlap we have 2 6'7'' DE's with great size and a DT in Marsh at 6'4''. Jay Howard has been impressive this off season and I predict he'll beat out Sanders at the other DT spot.

Freshmen LB's Brendan Beal and Jon Bostic are impressive, and HUGE. It's hard to believe Bostic is only an early enrollee, yet he's fighting for the backup MLB spot behind Brandon Spikes. We are in great shape at the LB position.

We have so much depth in our secondary it's scary. Hard to believe Major Wright, who had that incredible hit and int in the BCS Championship game, could get beat out by redshirt freshman Will Hill...but I think it will happen. At least to the point where they are splitting time. Will Hill has to be on the field.

Is the season here yet? I can't wait.
  28. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ya I am with Old Gator on this one...Texas fans just seem bitter a lot. I mean they love to talk down on Ok when Mack is 5-6 against them as a UT coach. Then you go on Tebow and I pray talking about the Christian thing isn't a slight, because Colt is a young man who is also pretty religious and is a great guy just not as publicized(and I feel he deserved a Heisman last year btw..)...but its kinda ludicrous to discount UF and not say they are the most talented team. They were the best last year and only really lost Harvin. If they play focused it shouldn't be close...but focus is the key.

I also think you can't talk all that lip when you beat a mediocre OSU team by 3 points...

Also, I don't get where all this Alabama underachieving with great talent is coming from. In recent history they have a tendency to get 10 wins every several years. I think they are far from underachieving and I don't always see them as being great. I wouldn't give them credit for a run of continual greatness that shows a reason that they may be underachieving with amazing talent...I haven't seen them as amazingly talented very often lately..

I concur that maybe stoops for Oklahoma may struggle in the BCS games. But maybe you should chill with annointing Texas as the amazing team you think they are when they can outright win several of their own conference championships....

****Note I love Mack Brown and really respect him as a coach and his preparations for bowls is pretty impressive and I also like the University of Texas and Colt is one of my favorite players. I just don't like hearing all that smack when you can't back it up...

****Also note this is all in fun so don't take it to personal i just love arguing...and please don't bring up Cal like I am trying to say our program is anywhere near UT or the others mentioned...I hate when people try to discredit my team when I haven't said anything about them..
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  29. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post

Is the season here yet? I can't wait.
    This....I can't wait I am going crazy. Also will hill is a beast...I wish Cal could get recruits like some of these other schools...O well we have been improving under Tedford compared to the crap we used to be for quite some time.

*Edit also note none of what I ranted about above really means I don't think Texas can't win a NC this year. Any team led by someone like Colt can win...he just needs some running game to take a lil pressure off of him and get some good support...the Wide outs I think will also be better this year than last for UT
    PES Representative
  30. Senior Member

Hold on.

The nice thing about winning 2 out of 3 NC's and having a better team back this year to try for 3 out of 4 is that I don't need to suffer through the endless phantom scenarios and imaginary comparisons. We don't theorize, we just win.

06' Gators won. '08 Gators won. 09' Gators gonna win.
    I could care less who we play.

Sorry, we're loaded and have desire - because of #15 -and the only people who haven't yet come to the obvious realization that Tebow will go down as one of the best college football players ever to play the game apparently live in Austin or Norman - the "do goody Christian" insult (is that an insult ??) is a typical, tired, sour grapes Big 12 thing that has no legs anywhere else.

Gators won't win forever but right now we are on top of the mountain and we've got a shot to make some history here and I - and the Gator Nation - are enjoying the ride as far as it goes.
    I only have one problem with all these 2/3 NC things. Who did you actually play? The two guaranteed to lose BCS teams? Ohio State and OU? Put USC on that field, different story.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ya I am with Old Gator on this one...Texas fans just seem bitter a lot. I mean they love to talk down on Ok when Mack is 5-6 against them as a UT coach. Then you go on Tebow and I pray talking about the Christian thing isn't a slight, because Colt is a young man who is also pretty religious and is a great guy just not as publicized(and I feel he deserved a Heisman last year btw..)...but its kinda ludicrous to discount UF and not say they are the most talented team. They were the best last year and only really lost Harvin. If they play focused it shouldn't be close...but focus is the key.

I also think you can't talk all that lip when you beat a mediocre OSU team by 3 points...

Also, I don't get where all this Alabama underachieving with great talent is coming from. In recent history they have a tendency to get 10 wins every several years. I think they are far from underachieving and I don't always see them as being great. I wouldn't give them credit for a run of continual greatness that shows a reason that they may be underachieving with amazing talent...I haven't seen them as amazingly talented very often lately..

I concur that maybe stoops for Oklahoma may struggle in the BCS games. But maybe you should chill with annointing Texas as the amazing team you think they are when they can outright win several of their own conference championships....

****Note I love Mack Brown and really respect him as a coach and his preparations for bowls is pretty impressive and I also like the University of Texas and Colt is one of my favorite players. I just don't like hearing all that smack when you can't back it up...

****Also note this is all in fun so don't take it to personal i just love arguing...and please don't bring up Cal like I am trying to say our program is anywhere near UT or the others mentioned...I hate when people try to discredit my team when I haven't said anything about them..
    Being christian isnt a slight at all btw. Just saying that outright. Its just...cmon, you remember the kid at school who basically embodied goodie two shoes? Thats Tebow! I mean, I cant knock the guy but his worship and how good he is 24/7 (character wise) is...for lack of a better word, annoying.

Coming off being beat out for a numerical formula to your arch ***** that you beat and losing the heisman to can be a little unnerving. People vest a lot of weight into victory margins. To me, its a different kind of football and when it counted, every game, Colt marched his team down for a touchdown.

The fact is, they did beat an OSU team with a chip on it shoulder and a sore ******* from the previous NCs they made.

Where is this 10 win recent history? I notice how you termed it now. Every several years. Like, once in a while we only have 2 losses. Sounds like a powerhouse program. Alabama is bringing in some disgusting recruiting classes. But Alabama is also rising out of the worst football theyve ever played for about a decade or so, Im not seeing it. I think the QB position will be a problem and for all the talent they had last year, the mormons proved that all it takes for a team to beat them is to show up and not be scared. They are getting cocky as a program I think, 1. Because its Saban, dude is a prick despite being brilliant. and 2. My personal favorite evidence of this is saying, "We are going to kill you" at the coin toss (against Utah lol, backfired!). and 3. Its Alabama. Since when do realistic expectations hit these people.

And saying **** about winning the conference outright is such a load of **** for this year. Going 11-1 and having it decided by THE BCS FORMULA, who lets just say has had its controversies year in and out, is lame. Also, the 5-6 record thing, go back to 2005 and tell me how many games OU has won against Texas. They are now 1-3 since 2005 and Texas returns the QB that just beat them, with that one loss being when Colt started as a true freshman. In the clutch this year, he pulled through and Bradford didnt. I forsee a similar result.
  31. Elite Member

I only have one problem with all these 2/3 NC things. Who did you actually play? The two guaranteed to lose BCS teams? Ohio State and OU? Put USC on that field, different story.

Being christian isnt a slight at all btw. Just saying that outright. Its just...cmon, you remember the kid at school who basically embodied goodie two shoes? Thats Tebow! I mean, I cant knock the guy but his worship and how good he is 24/7 (character wise) is...for lack of a better word, annoying.

Coming off being beat out for a numerical formula to your arch ***** that you beat and losing the heisman to can be a little unnerving. People vest a lot of weight into victory margins. To me, its a different kind of football and when it counted, every game, Colt marched his team down for a touchdown.

The fact is, they did beat an OSU team with a chip on it shoulder and a sore ******* from the previous NCs they made.

Where is this 10 win recent history? I notice how you termed it now. Every several years. Like, once in a while we only have 2 losses. Sounds like a powerhouse program. Alabama is bringing in some disgusting recruiting classes. But Alabama is also rising out of the worst football theyve ever played for about a decade or so, Im not seeing it. I think the QB position will be a problem and for all the talent they had last year, the mormons proved that all it takes for a team to beat them is to show up and not be scared. They are getting cocky as a program I think, 1. Because its Saban, dude is a prick despite being brilliant. and 2. My personal favorite evidence of this is saying, "We are going to kill you" at the coin toss (against Utah lol, backfired!). and 3. Its Alabama. Since when do realistic expectations hit these people.

And saying **** about winning the conference outright is such a load of **** for this year. Going 11-1 and having it decided by THE BCS FORMULA, who lets just say has had its controversies year in and out, is lame. Also, the 5-6 record thing, go back to 2005 and tell me how many games OU has won against Texas. They are now 1-3 since 2005 and Texas returns the QB that just beat them, with that one loss being when Colt started as a true freshman. In the clutch this year, he pulled through and Bradford didnt. I forsee a similar result.
    Strong answers and I commend your effort. You made a lot of great points. I don't wanna draw this out into a battle I just kinda wanted to state my opinion.

On bama...i thought they were overrated all year last year. I don't see them as extremely talented as people like to point out...but if you look wen I said 10 wins every several seasons they have been pretty awful in between some of those years...not just a couple losses I am talking about 8 in 2000, 5 in 01, 9 in 03, 6 in 04, 7 in 06, and 6 in 07....thats not consistent or near elite at all

On the Texas thing all I am saying is win your games if you wanna talk. You have one outright Conference Championship and a split last year(and I agree the BCS ruling was pretty ridiculous). Really though I wasn't talking about the very real possibility this year of Texas beating OU. I understand your bitterness toward a heated ***** and its very true. The thing is you can't tear them down completely and look past your faults as well.

Thing with Colt is he wins. Thats the bottom line. When the game is on the line he pulls through. Thats why I thought he should have won the Heisman. If the D would have held Crabtree or just pushed him out we would have beenseeing him with a heisman and playing UF in a game I much rather would have seen. I wanted UF and USC at the beginning of the season and liked the passion texas played with during the season...much better than I had anticipated.

On the real though Texas needs to put out another stud running back I want another Ricky Williams!

PS I have read some coaching books by Coach Brown and they are pretty tight...if you are into that you should look for some he has great philosophies
    PES Representative
  32. Advanced Member

33. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Strong answers and I commend your effort. You made a lot of great points. I don't wanna draw this out into a battle I just kinda wanted to state my opinion.

On bama...i thought they were overrated all year last year. I don't see them as extremely talented as people like to point out...but if you look wen I said 10 wins every several seasons they have been pretty awful in between some of those years...not just a couple losses I am talking about 8 in 2000, 5 in 01, 9 in 03, 6 in 04, 7 in 06, and 6 in 07....thats not consistent or near elite at all

On the Texas thing all I am saying is win your games if you wanna talk. You have one outright Conference Championship and a split last year(and I agree the BCS ruling was pretty ridiculous). Really though I wasn't talking about the very real possibility this year of Texas beating OU. I understand your bitterness toward a heated ***** and its very true. The thing is you can't tear them down completely and look past your faults as well.

Thing with Colt is he wins. Thats the bottom line. When the game is on the line he pulls through. Thats why I thought he should have won the Heisman. If the D would have held Crabtree or just pushed him out we would have beenseeing him with a heisman and playing UF in a game I much rather would have seen. I wanted UF and USC at the beginning of the season and liked the passion texas played with during the season...much better than I had anticipated.

On the real though Texas needs to put out another stud running back I want another Ricky Williams!

PS I have read some coaching books by Coach Brown and they are pretty tight...if you are into that you should look for some he has great philosophies
    If youre from the south, you thrive on hostile football talk. Its just part o the passion yankees dont understand, or west coasties (sorry bammer). Its a game to them. Its a staple of life to us. Bring it on!

Mack Brown is the definition of underachiever in my opinion. Give us a Pete Carroll, Saban, or even Meyer and it would be disgusting. Greg Davis, our OC, has been an asshat until this year is when I liked his style.

Texas does desperately need a RB, and I forget the guys name but hes coming out this year with Texas as a front runner. Supposedly one bad mother shut your mouth.

I ****ing hate Oklahoma. I almost hooked up with a girl from out gym but found out she was from Tulsa and left right then and there. That should be proof enough of fanhood.

Texas has shown in recent history that they can beat a team who supposedly outranks them in every aspect. Texas is the football state and the passion translates to players attitudes on the fields. That goes for every region. Im looking forward to this season and hopefully getting in shape to hopefully play once more, only for Texas A&M, Texas' *****. Go figure right? All the men in my family went there and there is certainly a passion and tradition there that you cant help but appreciate. Even when Texas A&M is terrible, the fans will be there. Cant say the same for other schools with supposed passion, like LSU.

Cmon, tell me those went gimmies. Whens the last time sweatervest and stoops won a BCS game?
  34. Elite Member

If youre from the south, you thrive on hostile football talk. Its just part o the passion yankees dont understand, or west coasties (sorry bammer). Its a game to them. Its a staple of life to us. Bring it on!

Cmon, tell me those went gimmies. Whens the last time sweatervest and stoops won a BCS game?
    Man I love that attitude. I need more people like that around here. Honestly I only have 1 or 2 close friends around me that can argue football with out resorting to useless bull crap statements.

Ya I heard about that new RB I forget his name(ashamed to say that..) but I had heard some pretty good things from several blogs saying he might step up.

Sweater vest was the 05/06 season over ND. While stoops hasn't won since '02 in the Rose(they won the holiday bowl in 05 tho but thats not BCS)
    PES Representative
  35. Senior Member

If Texas wasnt so painfully stacked and I thought I could stand being around all of the out of towners and hippies that occupy south Austin now, Id love to wear orange.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Here's the highlights from our spring game. Brantley shows a little bit of his mobility at the 1:32 mark. Hammond follows up with a sick little move on Bushell :

YouTube - GatorCountry.com Orange and Blue Game 2009
  37. Elite Member

Ha one day I would love to go to a big schools spring game. I bet its an awesome event. I almost went to UVAs to watch a couple buddies this weekend but didn't make it out there
    PES Representative
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Hey, it's obvious to all that Alabama hasn't had a consistently good football since Gene Stallings stepped down in the mid-90s. Last year signaled a turning point in both recruiting and in believing they can win. Yeah, the cockiness backfired against Utah... but this was a team that lost 5 games in the 4th quarter the previous season. Their biggest issue was their lack of confidence. Hopefully, they've learned a lesson in humility from the Sugar Bowl, and they won't get overly confident again and forget to show up.

Has Bama got a wealth of talent? Yes. (Not on the same level as Florida, but the Gators are an anomaly at this point!)

Has Bama been anywhere near elite over the past decade or so? No.

Are they on their way to being an elite program today. I absolutely believe so.

Do most Tide fans need to be more realistic in their expectations? Without a doubt. That's why Saban was the right guy for the job. He doesn't mind letting a somewhat delusional (at times) fan base know how unnerving they are.
    RTR.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Just my opinion.. I have no problem with Florida and think they are a great time. Only thing I see a problem with this year is how highly taughted they are coming into this year. It seems like every year a team is said to be THE TEAM (USC almost every year) they do something to screw it up. I'm not saying they wont be one of the most if not the most talented team in the nation, but more things than talent do seem to control the season.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Alabama will be the most ELITE 7-5 team in the country this season

Hey, it's obvious to all that Alabama hasn't had a consistently good football since Gene Stallings stepped down in the mid-90s. Last year signaled a turning point in both recruiting and in believing they can win. Yeah, the cockiness backfired against Utah... but this was a team that lost 5 games in the 4th quarter the previous season. Their biggest issue was their lack of confidence. Hopefully, they've learned a lesson in humility from the Sugar Bowl, and they won't get overly confident again and forget to show up.

Has Bama got a wealth of talent? Yes. (Not on the same level as Florida, but the Gators are an anomaly at this point!)

Has Bama been anywhere near elite over the past decade or so? No.

Are they on their way to being an elite program today. I absolutely believe so.

Do most Tide fans need to be more realistic in their expectations? Without a doubt. That's why Saban was the right guy for the job. He doesn't mind letting a somewhat delusional (at times) fan base know how unnerving they are.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
  2. 2009 Formula One season
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 04:10 PM
  3. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1563