2009 College Football Season

Page 5 of 69 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. JDK5386

Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    Ohio State is going to be tough this year. QB got some experience under his belt.
    Dark horse. Really could go either way for them depending on how Pryor performs and how well they replace Beanie Baby and Jenkins. Pryor is the best freshman athlete to come out of high school in a while, and if Tressel gets as much improvement from Pryor as he with some of his other QBs he will be a legitimate Heisman contender.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

1. Ohio State will always be a easy W in the NC game to a SEC team who played tough teams all season instead of pushovers.

2. How can you say Tenn will have problem at depth at running back when they have BOTH of the nations top running backs going there? I dont like Tenn but it doesn't look like they will have a problem at running back til these 2 go pro.

3. War Eagle, we may struggle again this year but I am a Auburn fan through!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Just be glad the SEC has gotten to play teams that shouldnt have been there in the first place.
    The Florida and LSU teams of the last three years would've beaten any team on the field on those particular nights. It has more to do with SEC defensive coaches having 5-6 weeks to figure out the other team's offense. If the last three BCS title games had been played a week after the regular seasons ended... then maybe we would've seen closer games. Doubtful... but maybe.
    RTR.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    War Eagle, we may struggle again this year but I am a Auburn fan through!
    Negged.

Just kidding!!! Auburn could be a surprise in the SEC West this year. Strong emphasis on could. I still pull for them 11 games out of the season though. The rest of the guys in this thread don't truly understand the Iron Bowl rivalry.

Roll Tide!
    RTR.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

It's intense. I live in BHAM right now so I am right in the middle of it for both locations. Alabama is definitely getting ALL the hype regarding football in Alabama right now but I honestly dont see why. Without big Andre it showed a BIG hole in the Tide. Comon now, UTAH??? The stromin mormens??? haha. You do have the best WR in the country though in Julio Jones, he's going to be a STUD in the NFL.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

It's intense. I live in BHAM right now so I am right in the middle of it for both locations. Alabama is definitely getting ALL the hype regarding football in Alabama right now but I honestly dont see why. Without big Andre it showed a BIG hole in the Tide. Comon now, UTAH??? The stromin mormens??? haha. You do have the best WR in the country though in Julio Jones, he's going to be a STUD in the NFL.
    C'mon now, that game had less to do with the o-line than it did with overconfidence and lack of hunger. Andre didn't give Utah their 31 points. The Utes had pretty much the best first quarter a team can have, and it was over before it ever began. The Tide deserved the thumping they received. But dude... how can you say you don't comprehend why they are getting most of the attention within the state these days? Have you seen their last two recruiting classes? Pretty soon, people will be asking, "Andre who?", because D.J. Fluker (Rivals top OL, and a beast) is going to be Captain Pancake for the next few years, opening up some big lanes for Ingram, Upchurch, and Trent Richardson (a stud). Bama's weakest component was at the QB position... and Greg McElroy is a huge upgrade there. You already mentioned Julio. The defense is still solid, with a faster Mount Cody and a motivated Rolando McClain. Bama's loaded, my friend. Am I missing something? Is there anything happening on the Plains worth mentioning... besides a new coach with a 5-19 record who didn't win a single game in the Big 12 last year? Please, fill me in.

Bottom line for the Tigers: Good luck winning a state championship in the next five years or so. By the end of this November, 36-0 might be fond memory.
    RTR.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Good God, the Big 12 and their schedules. Get ready for these two to be in the top 5 (again) before actually playing a decent team.

"Texas and Texas Tech also aren't playing any "Big Six" schools in non-conference games; there are just four "Big Six" schools nationally in that category. This is the fourth season in a row Texas Tech is playing no "Big Six" schools in non-conference play. Yes, you read that right: For the fourth season in a row, Texas Tech is playing zero non-conference games against "power conference" schools."
    Rivals.com College Football - Non-conference slates continue to weaken
    RTR.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    C'mon now, that game had less to do with the o-line than it did with overconfidence and lack of hunger. Andre didn't give Utah their 31 points. The Utes had pretty much the best first quarter a team can have, and it was over before it ever began. The Tide deserved the thumping they received. But dude... how can you say you don't comprehend why they are getting most of the attention within the state these days? Have you seen their last two recruiting classes? Pretty soon, people will be asking, "Andre who?", because D.J. Fluker (Rivals top OL, and a beast) is going to be Captain Pancake for the next few years, opening up some big lanes for Ingram, Upchurch, and Trent Richardson (a stud). Bama's weakest component was at the QB position... and Greg McElroy is a huge upgrade there. You already mentioned Julio. The defense is still solid, with a faster Mount Cody and a motivated Rolando McClain. Bama's loaded, my friend. Am I missing something? Is there anything happening on the Plains worth mentioning... besides a new coach with a 5-19 record who didn't win a single game in the Big 12 last year? Please, fill me in.

Bottom line for the Tigers: Good luck winning a state championship in the next five years or so. By the end of this November, 36-0 might be fond memory.
    DeAndre Smith is better in my humble opinion.

Alabama has one fatal flaw. They are the USC of the south. They have everything going for them but will still manage to blow it somehow I think.

Good God, the Big 12 and their schedules. Get ready for these two to be in the top 5 (again) before actually playing a decent team.

"Texas and Texas Tech also aren't playing any "Big Six" schools in non-conference games; there are just four "Big Six" schools nationally in that category. This is the fourth season in a row Texas Tech is playing no "Big Six" schools in non-conference play. Yes, you read that right: For the fourth season in a row, Texas Tech is playing zero non-conference games against "power conference" schools."
    Rivals.com College Football - Non-conference slates continue to weaken
    Texas is a good team, they play each other in the 2nd week, Texas will beat OU again this year.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

ahh WAR!! I love it lol.
    1. I repeat, you lost to UTAH, I dont see how anyone can be on a high horse after losing to UTAH, guess it's better than losing to Louisiana Monroe though? Oh wait, you lost to them the year before.
    2. DJ Fluker will play virtually no roll this year, neither will Richardson. Ingram and Upchurch are NO upgrade from Tate/Fannin at Auburn. If anything Auburn holds the + in that battle.
    3. Recruiting classes are nice but Saban isnt big on playing young ones, so that wont come in til next year. Mckelroy is NO upgrade. He has virtually no experience and then when you try to run it, remember how Utah STUFFED that run game without big Andre.
    4. Yes I do believe you are missing something with Auburn. For one, Auburn is by no means Iowa State. Dont believe Iowa State had 90% 4star recruits and up starting for them. Also his staff was terrible at Iowa State and he put together a great one here.

and for TexasTitan -- Alabama is by no means looked at as the USC of the south. They have had 2 good years the past 10, one of them being overshadowed by Auburns perfect season. Hard to be a powerhouse when the year before you went 6-6, losing to LOUISIANA MONROE. I'd love to see the day at USC would love to LOUISIANA MONROE. Alabama is just a school of past dwellers who want more than anything to reach the level they were at before they were born, but it will never happen. Saban will leave after this year or next for a less annoying fan base. You can tell he has no connection with that school.

10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

and for TexasTitan -- Alabama is by no means looked at as the USC of the south. They have had 2 good years the past 10, one of them being overshadowed by Auburns perfect season. Hard to be a powerhouse when the year before you went 6-6, losing to LOUISIANA MONROE. I'd love to see the day at USC would love to LOUISIANA MONROE. Alabama is just a school of past dwellers who want more than anything to reach the level they were at before they were born, but it will never happen. Saban will leave after this year or next for a less annoying fan base. You can tell he has no connection with that school.
    Oh I realize they havent been there for long, just saying, I think thats where they fit now.

For the record, I would love to go to Auburn, if I can get enough grant money, I may try and apply in the future. I understand they are looking for a return guy too
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Have you visited? It's a beautiful campus. Very homey unlike the frat-tastic Alabama campus in the slums of Tuscaloosa.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Alabama has one fatal flaw. They are the USC of the south. They have everything going for them but will still manage to blow it somehow I think.
    LOL!!! I might have to agree with you on this one!
    RTR.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

I hate this. Why couldn't it last forever? Why do I have to hide my blue and orange wardrobe now? It's... it's just not fair.
    I know it's hard... but you've got to let it go.

Here's what I've always noticed about Auburn fans: they talk more and know more about Alabama than they do their own team! I'm sure Freud had something to say about that.

Seriously, you and I can't have a WAR. You want to know why? Because that team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe two seasons ago... yeah, they destroyed your non-bowl-eligible team 36-0 just five months ago. Alabama owns the past, present, and future of football within your state. You guys had your time. It lasted less than a decade, and it yielded a total of zero national championships. Hope you enjoyed it!

As for McElroy not being an upgrade, you might remember this little punctuation mark:

YouTube - McElroy to Maze for 6!!

UPGRADE!
    RTR.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Have you visited? It's a beautiful campus. Very homey unlike the frat-tastic Alabama campus in the slums of Tuscaloosa.
    Agree with you on this as well. My sister received her BA and her masters from Alabama several years ago. Tuscaloosa is in worse shape than Mobile... and that's saying something.
    RTR.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

are you retarted ? That team that lost to ULM LOST TO AUBURN SIX STRAIGHT YEARS.
    Nov. 23, 2002 Auburn 17-7 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
    Nov. 22, 2003 Auburn 28-23 Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
    Nov. 20, 2004 Auburn 21-13 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
    Nov. 19, 2005 Auburn 28-18 Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
    Nov. 18, 2006 Auburn 22-15 Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa
    2007 Alabama 10 Auburn 17 Auburn, Alabama ALA

Every squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. 1 out of 7 years is good for a BAMMER I guess?? Sure got you and every other trailer park in Alabama excited for a few months thats for sure.

And as for Mckelroy is whatever his name is, he hasnt been looking too good in spring ball. Glad you liked his ONE pass though. Hopefully Starr Jackson will be a winner?? lol isnt there a lady on the view named that?

I know it's hard... but you've got to let it go.

Seriously, you and I can't have a WAR. You want to know why? Because that team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe two seasons ago... yeah, they destroyed your non-bowl-eligible team 36-0 just five months ago. Alabama owns the past, present, and future of football within your state. You guys had your time. It lasted less than a decade, and it yielded a total of zero national championships. Hope you enjoyed it!

As for McElroy not being an upgrade, you might remember this little punctuation mark:

UPGRADE!
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

are you retarted ?
    ((rubberring puts his head in his hands))

Yep, you're definitely an Auburn fan.
    RTR.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

And since you Alabama fans love living in the past...

SHABAM.
    1895 Alabama 0 Auburn 48 Tuscaloosa, Alabama AUB 3𢴎
    1900 Alabama 5 Auburn 53 Montgomery, Alabama AUB 4𢴎

Puts the 36-0 to shame.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

And since you Alabama fans love living in the past...

SHABAM.
    1895 Alabama 0 Auburn 48 Tuscaloosa, Alabama AUB 3𢴎
    1900 Alabama 5 Auburn 53 Montgomery, Alabama AUB 4𢴎

Puts the 36-0 to shame.
    You're getting less intelligent by the post.

**Note to Trauma1: Dude, I never posted scores from the 19th century!
    RTR.
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

LOL at the Bama and Auburn fighting going on in here. I miss CFB and arguing with ppl about it with people who go to school with me haha
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Talking

haha what's a Iron Bowl argument without a 19th century reminder? ..
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Can't wait for the season to start... in 4 1/2 months! I'll admit I'm a little nervous about the V-Tech game. Unfortunately, Bama can't sneak up on anyone this year.
    RTR.
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Can't wait for the season to start... in 4 1/2 months! I'll admit I'm a little nervous about the V-Tech game. Unfortunately, Bama can't sneak up on anyone this year.
    Ha a ton of people I know go to Tech...and it really irritates me because they act like they are the greatest thing ever. Their squad should be improved from last year IMO but unless Tyrod Taylor learns how to pass I am not sure how the season will turn out for them..
    PES Representative
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    LOL at the Bama and Auburn fighting going on in here. I miss CFB and arguing with ppl about it with people who go to school with me haha
    Bolt, you going to Cal's opener versus Maryland? Revenge game. If you are, let's make it a point to meet up and have a brewski.
    RTR.
  24. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

Bolt, you going to Cal's opener versus Maryland? Revenge game. If you are, let's make it a point to meet up and have a brewski.
    Ha naw homie I live on the East nowadays

I HAD tickets to the game against UMD last year but my pal flaked and I didn't wanna roll in there all alone(good thing I didn't go I was pretty pissed we lost)

We need revenge tho I have been hearing about the sorry ACC for too long now and it didn't help we got beat in Bball either
    PES Representative
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Not yet, and thats what I hear. I have a lot of people I know from Alabama, my buddies fiance's family, lifting buddies, firearm buddies. So I play to make a stop there this summer sometime hopefully.

Yet.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Let me know when you swing through, I might be up there too, if so I'll show you around.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.66%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

You're getting less intelligent by the post.

Hey, at least this year you have an auburn fan to talk some smack with.

I look forward to all the other SEC rivals finding their way back to this thread for some good ol' sh*t slingin'!

And true - you never posted scores from the 19th century.

I almost forgot...

TENNESSEE SUCKS!!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

I'm probably the only LSU fan u'll hear say this but Saban is a good enough coach that there may be a new era of Bama domination.......even if he is a ****ing mercenary
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Agreed he is a good coach, however, his time at Alabama WILL be short lived. He has already shown signs of getting tired of the idiotic Alabama fans. I give him 2 more years, tops.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ha a ton of people I know go to Tech...and it really irritates me because they act like they are the greatest thing ever. Their squad should be improved from last year IMO but unless Tyrod Taylor learns how to pass I am not sure how the season will turn out for them..
    To be fair - they have been the best ACC team for the last 5 years or so. It's not really that close as far as consistency.

Till the Canes and Noles can regain some form - I think that'll be the case for a while. Unless Davis gets the Heels to another level. (He doesn't have the recruiting base Shannon and Bowden have in FLA.)
  31. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    To be fair - they have been the best ACC team for the last 5 years or so. It's not really that close as far as consistency.

Till the Canes and Noles can regain some form - I think that'll be the case for a while. Unless Davis gets the Heels to another level. (He doesn't have the recruiting base Shannon and Bowden have in FLA.)
    O I don't deny there consistency(I forget but they are on quite a streak of 10 win seasons..). I just got tired of hearing about them as it had taken them forever to win a BCS bowl....
    PES Representative
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'd compare VTech to Ohio State, best team in a weak conference.
  33. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.88%

Headed down to Gainesville for this weekend Spring Game and to see Samantha who had to be admitted to UF Shands for CF related problems.

My friends on this board recall that she is friends with many of the football players from her 2 years living in the sports dorm (she played tennis). Last night Tim Tebow walked by her room - was surprised to see her there - and they ended up chatting for a little while. Turns out he walks to Shands on his own every once in a while to cheer up some of the sick kids. Truly a "one in a million".

I'll report back next week about the game.

Samantha's Story: www.Run500ForCF.org
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

That is a sad story.. Hope the best for her. So often people fail to realize how lucky they are and things like this can help people realize that life is a blessing, it's not owed to us.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.36%

2. How can you say Tenn will have problem at depth at running back when they have BOTH of the nations top running backs going there? I dont like Tenn but it doesn't look like they will have a problem at running back til these 2 go pro.
    For one, they are both true freshman RB's, and Byrce Brown played against very crappy competiton in Kansas. And two, David Oku still is not qualified yet. The number #1 h.s RB in the country last year, Darrell Scott for Colorado, didn't even start for a crappy CU team.

It's another sellout for the Huskers spring game. 80,000 screaming fans in red watching a freakin practice. Bo has us going in the right direction for sure.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Quote Originally Posted by AFOX View Post
    It's another sellout for the Huskers spring game. 80,000 screaming fans in red watching a freakin practice. Bo has us going in the right direction for sure.
    Alabama's A-Day game is being shown on ESPN tomorrow. There were more than 92,000 in attendance in '07... but that slipped down to only 78,000 last year.

Curious to see how Nebraska will do this season. The Tide and the Huskers both play V-Tech before they get into their respective conference schedules, so it will be interesting to compare/contrast the two games. I miss the Nebraska teams of old. When I was a kid, I remember them beating a Minnesota team 84-13. That score always stuck in my mind... because it was so unbelievable to me that a running team could score that many points!
    RTR.
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well...at least its football I guess. Crazy Bammers. Oh rubber, got some Bear trivia.

Who was the only player under Bear to win the heisman?

And what was the only piece of jewelry Bear was known to wear, and was wearing at the time of his death?
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My kinds guy.

Well...at least its football I guess. Crazy Bammers. Oh rubber, got some Bear trivia.

And what was the only piece of jewelry Bear was known to wear, and was wearing at the time of his death?
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.3%

Hey, I watched "Junction Boys" on ESPN a few years back. I know it was a player from Texas A&M. He wore the ring his Junction players gave him in 1979 at their reunion. One of those players is Gene Stallings, who later coached Bama and won a nat'l championship.

My kinds guy.
    Yeah... that makes no sense. Kinds must be from the same dialect you got retarted from!

Wow, I just realized. You weren't even alive during the late Bryant era. No wonder you feel so jipped by the current state of affairs in Auburn. You don't have a whole lot of history to draw upon. So, let me put this into proper context for you. You see, the next decade of Alabama/Auburn football will be a lot like it was the first ten years of my life. (You can do the math and then Google it.)
    RTR.
  40. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

Alabama's A-Day game is being shown on ESPN tomorrow. There were more than 92,000 in attendance in '07... but that slipped down to only 78,000 last year.

Curious to see how Nebraska will do this season. The Tide and the Huskers both play V-Tech before they get into their respective conference schedules, so it will be interesting to compare/contrast the two games. I miss the Nebraska teams of old. When I was a kid, I remember them beating a Minnesota team 84-13. That score always stuck in my mind... because it was so unbelievable to me that a running team could score that many points!
    Ya I always hope for Nebraska to do well. A lot of my family is from there and you know how they feel about football....
    PES Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 College Football Season
    By plenny in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2592
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. 2009 Formula One season
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5