29.45%

GO TEXAS TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    What's funny is my impression of UT-UF and both sets of fans. Remember that I was an outsider on the UT campus as far as athletics went. I went to all the football games though - because I'm a huge football fan.

But I still maintain the worst behaved fans in Knoxville where you guys. That's not because I hate the Gators. You guys just brought more chodes and douches.

As a side note - the alums I still talk with are pretty much appalled at Kiffin at this point.
    You should have been to some of the games i was at in gainesville then. J, my wife had a grown man (with his family present) spit at her while at school during a UT/UF game ('96) in knoxville when they lost. This was not provoked either, my wife is very mild tempered. That classless crap says it all really. Even in my profession, that's one thing i don't tolerate AT ALL, being spit at.

These type of feelings are subjective though, but in my experiences, i've dealt with nothing but morons from UT. I try not to stereotype fans like that, but i call it like i see it, J.

You're the only UT alum i like.....hahaha.

Edit: I don't deny we have some asshole fans either, because i know we do, as does everyone. It's part of the game in the end.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.84%

jmh you still predicting a 2010 National Championship for your Canes? I remember you and Desmond Howard predicted that UM was 2 years away. You still feel good about that? How do you think Miami will start the '09 season? I see a potential 0-4 start in your future :

Sept. 7th at Florida State
    Sept. 17th Georgia Tech
    Sept. 26th at Virginia Tech
    Oct 3rd Oklahoma

(yes our schedule is a bit softer this year )
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

And for the record, i'm now enrolled at USF here in tampa to attain my masters level (possibly doctorate) ARNP. Does this mean i have to like the bulls now, too?

They actually have my old highschool colors.

Legendary

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    And for the record, i'm now enrolled at USF here in tampa to attain my masters level (possibly doctorate) ARNP. Does this mean i have to like the bulls now, too?

They actually have my old highschool colors.
    Heh. Do me a favor and slap the first mofo you see on campus with a "Grothe > Tebow" shirt on...if those still in fact exist.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Heh. Do me a favor and slap the first mofo you see on campus with a "Grothe > Tebow" shirt on...if those still in fact exist.
    Lol, will do!

I'm wearing my 'Super Tebow' shirt everywhere, hahahaha!

Legendary

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.43%

Well, my Noles will be opening the season with the U again. I think that sucks, as its always a better game when both teams have jelled a little bit. I'll be there though - season tickets in hand.

I'm especially looking forward to the USF game at the end of Sept too.......should be a fun one.

And of course - I'm hoping for UF to be undefeated when we roll into Hogtown next November. We are due for another win in the swamp!!! I know the Gates have had their run, and have dominated the series of late - but these things never last. Each of the big 3 from FL have had their runs at the top.

Go Noles.
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Nole1 View Post
    We are due for another win in the swamp!!!
    Doubt that being "due" will have much to do with playing the defending champs at home with 90% of their starters returning.

Being "competitive" would help, however.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OldGator View Post
    Being "competitive" would help, however.
    Ouch.
    RTR.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.19%

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Ouch.
    Understand UF/FSU is Hatfield/McCoys and we took worse Nole lumps when they dominated. And "Nole 1" is right when he says things won't stay this way forever in the state of Florida. Noles won't lay low forever (neither will "Canes). It just ain't happening for either of them in 2009.

Ya gotta get while the gettin's good 'cause you can be sure they're keeping their knives sharp for Gator blood for when they're back on their game!

I don't pretend to know much about your Bama/Auburn rivalry but I would find it hard to believe there is a more "punch you in the mouth" rivalry than UF/FSU. It seems even the kids on campus dislike each other. My daughter once met an FSU student and told me he was "very nice and extremely cute". I said "So you like him?" And she looked at me like I was nuts and said "Dad he's a Nole" - like he belonged to the Taliban or something!

Just another thing I love about college football - the fanatical sense of school loyalty!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

I don't pretend to know much about your Bama/Auburn rivalry but I would find it hard to believe there is a more "punch you in the mouth" rivalry than UF/FSU.
    OG, don't take offense... but I grew up in Mobile, AL, (which is very close to the Florida border), so believe me when I tell you there's absolutely no comparison to the Iron Bowl. Both ESPN and Yahoo voted it the best rivalry in college football, with Ohio State-Michigan ranked second. In a survey done by Sports Illustrated it ranked #2 after the Red Sox-Yankees as the greatest rivalry in ANY sport.

Don't get me wrong, UF - FSU is a great rivalry game, but I've never seen anything like what Alabama and Auburn fans do to each other 365 days a year. Pure hatred. It's actually pretty ridiculous.

I laugh at the guys out here who call Cal vs. Stanford the "Big Game."

Rivals.com College Football - Voice of the Fan: Iron Bowl wins close vote
    RTR.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.19%

I laugh at the guys out here who call Cal vs. Stanford the "Big Game."
    Like Harvard and Yale.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%

Like Harvard and Yale.
    Hey!!!!! I used to live 20 minutes from yale.

Now i'm technically a USF "Bull" right now based on my current scholastic involvement, but i'll ALWAYS be a florida gator at heart!!

Legendary

14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

This was a clip posted by a good friend on mine that made a note on facebook about the gators. He is a huge fan(i hate him cuz he had tickets to go the the SEC champ. this year but i couldn't!) and we both really liked this video...Tebows motivational pregame/halftime talks are really something special and i feel its what will drive the gators into another incredible season!

ps i am not a gators fan and will probably not root for them as soon as tebow and spikes are gone after this year

[vid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n76WDzJ_g-Y[/vid]
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%

Great contribution, thanks bolt!

Legendary

16. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.08%

Kiffin is a dud. Nearly all the SC guys I know feel Kiffin held back the offense - and most recently during the John David Booty era. He is stubborn. All the blame should fall right on him (and Carroll for being Mr. Nice Guy) when they lost to UCLA in 2006 - propelling the Gators to the NC and USC to the Rosebowl where both respectively destroyed the big ten.

Kiffin gets popular because he stands up (or passively aggressively 'stood' up) to Al Davis who is the most unpopular GM in sports. The story has poor Kiffin as a victim. I seriously doubt Kiffin can rebuild a team. Frankly, his Southern Cal offenses underachieved and didn't have heart as a unit. Individual explosiveness (Bush, Steve Smith, White), crappy Pac-10, and a smart college QB in Leinart was the team. So when Kiffin says, 'It's a guarantee that nobody will be better conditioned and outwork the Vols' so long as he is there is a joke I say. No way they outwork Florida or Alabama, no way. Meyer, Miles, and Saban will make him look like a highschool coach. To win the SEC these days, 1 loss is the max. No Lane Kiffin fully led team ever loses less than 3 games. Gene Chizik is the better hire although Tuberville should not have lost his job.

although still according to wiki, he resigned without pressure...
    Tuberville fired Tony Franklin as the offensive coordinator of Auburn on October 8, 2008. After the 2008 season, with a 5–7 record highlighted by losses to Vanderbilt, West Virginia, and a final 36–0 loss to Alabama, he resigned from Auburn.[2] Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs claimed that Tuberville voluntarily resigned. Jacobs added: "To say the least, I was a little shocked. But after three times of asking him would he change his mind, he convinced me that the best thing for him and his family and for this football program was for him to possibly take a year off and take a step back."[3] With his departure, Tuberville will be paid a pro-rated buyout of $5.1 million. The payments include $3 million within 30 days of his resignation date and the remaining amount within a year later.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    So when Kiffin says, 'It's a guarantee that nobody will be better conditioned and outwork the Vols' so long as he is there is a joke I say. No way they outwork Florida or Alabama, no way. Meyer, Miles, and Saban will make him look like a highschool coach. To win the SEC these days, 1 loss is the max. No Lane Kiffin fully led team ever loses less than 3 games. Gene Chizik is the better hire although Tuberville should not have lost his job.

although still according to wiki, he resigned without pressure...
    Solid post. But yeah... Tubbs was definitely "paid to resign." Everyone around the situation is aware of it, although it became a strange "hush-hush" situation to save the university's image. Makes me wonder if both Auburn and Tubbs both have some serious dirt on each other. Maybe it will all come out when he accepts the Miami job at the end of next season (right, jmh?), after Shannon is let go... or when he shocks everyone and comes out west to coach a Pac-10 team!
    RTR.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Solid post. But yeah... Tubbs was definitely "paid to resign." Everyone around the situation is aware of it, although it became a strange "hush-hush" situation to save the university's image. Makes me wonder if both Auburn and Tubbs both have some serious dirt on each other. Maybe it will all come out when he accepts the Miami job at the end of next season (right, jmh?), after Shannon is let go... or when he shocks everyone and comes out west to coach a Pac-10 team!
    That would be freaking hilarious.

I'm just really pissed about Sanchez's decision to go into the pro's this year. I think it's a mistake.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82%

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    That would be freaking hilarious.

I'm just really pissed about Sanchez's decision to go into the pro's this year. I think it's a mistake.
    I think it was a very smart bussiness decision on his part. With Bradford and McCoy staying, he is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by AFOX View Post
    I think it was a very smart bussiness decision on his part. With Bradford and McCoy staying, he is going to be laughing all the way to the bank.
    Yes, but I think he was blinded by the money and the chance to play "pro", now. He only started one full season with USC because of his knee injury the year prior. Simply put, he won't be ready for the pro's. He should have stayed for his senior year.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

jmh you still predicting a 2010 National Championship for your Canes? I remember you and Desmond Howard predicted that UM was 2 years away. You still feel good about that? How do you think Miami will start the '09 season? I see a potential 0-4 start in your future :

Sept. 7th at Florida State
    Sept. 17th Georgia Tech
    Sept. 26th at Virginia Tech
    Oct 3rd Oklahoma

(yes our schedule is a bit softer this year )
    I'm a bit more conflicted after the way we collapsed. I thought that early to midway last season when we were playing pretty well.

On the one hand - we finally settled on a QB in Jacory. And got an upgrade at DC and OC.

But we just were so inconsistent. Esp. with the OL and DL play. Our secondary is good with the starters going forward but we have little depth.
    We don't really have a backup QB - so if Jacory goes down, so does the season.

At this point I like the core group of sophomores and juniors (next year's classification).

We've got a pretty good QB that has 3 more years (HUGE) and a future at RB (even if we don't get Bryce Brown, IMO). We've got a lot of pretty good WR's - a few of them seem ready to step into the limelight.

I feel very uncertain on TE. We don't have anyone really.
    I'm also uncertain on the OL. Had a pretty good start and then our lack of polished depth was exposed late. We had a bit of a lackluster recruiting class of OL's this year.

The D should really shine in the front 7.
    The DL should be nasty next year and going forward. Only 2 seniors on the 2 deep. They'll be around for a while. Finally building some depth.

Same for the LB's once we decide who is playing where. You guys know about Sean Spence - the WIL. We just have to figure who's the MIKE and SAM. I think Aurthur Brown will be middle and some combo of Jordan Futch/Ramon Buchanon at strong.

The CB's should be good at starter. Once we go to nickel - I think we can be had by a good 3rd WR. Dime - forget it.
    REALLY need a 5 star CB next year. I mean really.

The secondary has a lot of young guys that got playing time. At this point I think the bright spot is newly signed Ray Ray Armstrong. I dare speak Sean Taylor as far as athleticism and body type. But we'll see what he brings in CFB.

What remains is the fact that we've now replaced DC and OC the last 2 years. I hope we got 2 guys that will stick. I think it's hurting the kids with new schemes and positions.

At this point what I've seen out of the ACC is that yeah in 2 years we should be up there in the top 5. Perhaps early to say if we'd win the championship, at this point. Would have to see how this team gels with the coaching changes. But the underclassman talent is there.

Those first 4 games next year are ridiculous. No idea why we gave in for that dumb Labor Day game against FSU.

Yeah 0-4 is definitely possible. Given OU beats us.

I don't know if it's a given FSU beats us. Think back to the last Labor Day games we played. The game came down to kicking. They don't have Gano. I don't know who they have - but that kid was a weapon. A fat weapon, but weapon nonetheless.
    Those Labor Day games are just so sloppy that it's really hard to predict.

GT beats us again.

VT - dunno. We beat them this year. Our D should match up against their running style pretty well again. That RB they have is an up the middle runner - our DL is fit for that. (It's the GT outside option stuff we aren't really made for, IMO.)

We'll start somewhere between 0-4 and 2-2, IMO. I'd punt on OU. It's a non-conference game. Concentrate on FSU/VT/GT as those are ACC games.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

You should have been to some of the games i was at in gainesville then. J, my wife had a grown man (with his family present) spit at her while at school during a UT/UF game ('96) in knoxville when they lost. This was not provoked either, my wife is very mild tempered. That classless crap says it all really. Even in my profession, that's one thing i don't tolerate AT ALL, being spit at.

These type of feelings are subjective though, but in my experiences, i've dealt with nothing but morons from UT. I try not to stereotype fans like that, but i call it like i see it, J.

You're the only UT alum i like.....hahaha.

Edit: I don't deny we have some asshole fans either, because i know we do, as does everyone. It's part of the game in the end.

More I think about it - the more I think this rivalry has brought the worst out in both sides for whatever subconscious reason. I won't go all Freud. But I think there's some bravado for both fan bases to make it clear this is one of the meanest rivalries in CFB.

I didn't see that out of UT fans for pretty much every other game. That includes Miami in '02. I was wearing Canes stuff in the student section.

Yup - that's right. Each and every team has douches/chodes/a-holes.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

My daughter once met an FSU student and told me he was "very nice and extremely cute". I said "So you like him?" And she looked at me like I was nuts and said "Dad he's a Nole" - like he belonged to the Taliban or something!
    Yo Pops - your daughter hot?

Pics please.

I'm a prime piece of real estate.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

Don't get me wrong, UF - FSU is a great rivalry game, but I've never seen anything like what Alabama and Auburn fans do to each other 365 days a year. Pure hatred. It's actually pretty ridiculous.
    I'd have to agree. Was listening to that Feinbaum guy last February as I was driving on I-59 through Tuscaloosa/B'ham on my way to my Dad's funeral. It was, what, 7 months till the season started and the Tide and Plains fans were at each other's throats on the radio for an hour solid.

It was hilarious.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

The more I've heard this off-season the more I think Shannon isn't going anywhere for a few years. A lot of our fans think "he's out if he doesn't bring us to the ACC championship game in '09". But I've not heard that from our "insiders". Apparently the AD and university administration are really behind Shannon and are giving him a while to learn his craft.

With Jimmy Johnson now involved behind the scenes - that would set the stage for Tubbs to return. JJ gave him his shot at DC.
    Apparently they consulted Tubbs on the DC we hired, John Lovett from UNC.
  26. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.19%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Yo Pops - your daughter hot?

Pics please.

I'm a prime piece of real estate.
    Pops?? (ouch)

Anyway, always welcome the chance to brag.
    This is Samantha and her Florida roommates (won't see a prettier bunch of Pre-Law coeds in Gainesville IMO)
    Samantha is next to me - the old guy in the PSU T-Shirt (my dad is PSU alum)

Sorry jmh - she dates Ryan Ayers - starting guard - Notre Dame basketball

clipimage002.jpg

Sam played tennis for Florida her freshman and sophomore year and lived in the sports dorm and became good friends with a lot of the football players including Tim Tebow. Unfortunately she also has cystic fibrosis, an incurable and life shortening lung disease.

Check out the video about Samantha, her Gator football friends, and my 500 mile run for CF on my website...

www.Run500ForCF.org
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%

Pops?? (ouch)
    This is Samantha and her UF roommates. She's next to me - the old guy in the PSU T-Shirt (dad is PSU alum)

clipimage002.jpg

Sam played tennis her freshman year and lived in the sports dorm and became good friends with a lot of the football players including Tim Tebow. Unfortunately she also has cystic fibrosis, an incurable and life shortening lung disease. Check out the video about Sam and CF on our CF fundraiser website...
    www.Run500ForCF.org
    Wow! She's a knockout OldGator!

I'm really sorry to hear about her cystic fibrosis. I'm an RN myself, and think it's great in helping to support the fundraiser for new treatment modalities of CF.

Legendary

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

Pops?? (ouch)
    This is Samantha and her UF roommates. She's next to me - the old guy in the PSU T-Shirt (dad is PSU alum)

clipimage002.jpg

Sam played tennis her freshman year and lived in the sports dorm and became good friends with a lot of the football players including Tim Tebow. Unfortunately she also has cystic fibrosis, an incurable and life shortening lung disease. Check out the video about Samantha, Gators, and CF on my website...
    www.Run500ForCF.org
    Wow! She is good looking.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Pops?? (ouch)

This is Samantha and her Florida roommates (won't see a prettier bunch of Pre-Law coeds in Gainesville IMO)
    Samantha is next to me - the old guy in the PSU T-Shirt (dad is PSU alum)

clipimage002.jpg

Sam played tennis for Florida her freshman and sophomore year and lived in the sports dorm and became good friends with a lot of the football players including Tim Tebow. Unfortunately she also has cystic fibrosis, an incurable and life shortening lung disease.

Check out the video about Samantha, her Gator football friends, and my 500 mile run for CF on my website...
    www.Run500ForCF.org

OG... as strange as it seems to state the obvious... your daughter is a babe. So... nice job!
    RTR.
  30. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.19%

Thanks guys.

She's a great kid. Spends 40 days a year doing IV antibiotics for her CF yet never complains - always happy - and maintains a 3.75 GPA in pre-law. (I guess I do all the worrying for us both).

For more pics of Samantha and her Gator friends including Tim Tebow and Jarvis Moss and others, check out :

www.Run500ForCF.org

I'm really sorry to hear about her cystic fibrosis. I'm an RN myself, and think it's great in helping to support the fundraiser for new treatment modalities of CF.
    In the 70's the average survival age of CF was 10 years old, today it is 32, so they have been making some progress. Still one young American dies from the disease every day!!

The government wants to spend S1.4 trillion for "stimulus"?? Throw a little to disease research for God's sake!

BTW, I have 2 other beautiful daughters - no CF, thank God.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.84%

NCAA Announces Penalties in FSU Academic Scandal :

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/40854962.html

(the report is listed on ncaa.org). Basically :

Pursuant to NCAA
    Bylaws 19.5.2.2-(e)-(2) and 31.2.2.3-(b), the institution will vacate all wins in
    which the 61 student-athletes in the sports of football, men's and women's
    basketball, men's and women's swimming, men's and women's track, baseball,
    softball and men’s golf competed while ineligible during 2006 and 2007. This
    includes regular season contests, post-season contests and any NCAA
    championship competition.

I read it as vacating the track championships and indicating they can NEVER be claimed in any publication. Also erases all the stats from the players. Too bad FSU's football team sucked so bad, as there were no records made during those years.

FSU now has two 0-12 seasons in football.

EDIT : FSU claims there was no ineligible players that participated during the 06-07 seasons, so we'll see what comes of this...
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%

UGA landed Orson Charles today, adds another big receiving threat. Teams better look out if they load the box looking to stop the run.

UGA will probably come in pre-season in the 15-20 spot, but I think they'll sneak up on some teams this year. I'm predicting a 10-2 regular season record.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.76%

Pops?? (ouch)

Samantha is next to me - the old guy in the PSU T-Shirt (my dad is PSU alum)

clipimage002.jpg

www.Run500ForCF.org
    wow!!! absolutely beautiful....wow!! im sorry but i just cant take my eyes off your PENN STATE T-SHIRT............lol
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    wow!!! absolutely beautiful....wow!! im sorry but i just cant take my eyes off your PENN STATE T-SHIRT............lol
    Dude... you're such a perv.

RTR.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

NCAA Announces Penalties in FSU Academic Scandal :

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/40854962.html

(the report is listed on ncaa.org). Basically :

I read it as vacating the track championships and indicating they can NEVER be claimed in any publication. Also erases all the stats from the players. Too bad FSU's football team sucked so bad, as there were no records made during those years.

FSU now has two 0-12 seasons in football.
    THIS is THE end for Bobby Bowden.
  36. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.19%

Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    I go both ways
    Gators / PSU that is

Living in Pennsylvania all my life, I'm part of a long time dedicated PSU alum family (dad, mom, cousins, etc) and went to PSU games since I was a litle boy. But I broke the mold in 1974 by going to Gainesville. So glad my oldest daughter follwed suite - and how lucky is she that her tenure is during these incredible 2006-2010 sports years. She could see 5 major titles in 4 years!! Going back down to Gainesville to see games again in this era and watch these teams (the great football teams and the unbelievable basketball "repeat" team) has to rank as one of the most exciting times of my life. Samantha's 4 years in Gainesville may go down in history as the best 4 year period (sports wise) to ever be at UF - or any other school for that matter!

So "Plenny", while there's always a place for in my heart for the Nittany Lion to squeeze in with the Gator, if the two ever met I'm in orange and blue - my alma mater.
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.9%

HOOK em Horns

Let see if Colt MCcoy Gets ****ed again this yr
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  38. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.19%

Our New Trophy Collection

Careful. New crystal can hurt the eyes....

UFtrophies.bmp
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.58%

Careful. New crystal can hurt the eyes....

UFtrophies.bmp
    My god, it just brings a tear to your eye.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!

Legendary

40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.84%

Who has the best win % and most 1-A wins since 1990?

The Gators

Code:
    Rank    Team      Winning Percentage   Won    Lost   Tied   Played

1 	Florida 	0.78631 	189 	51 	1 	241
    2 	Florida State 	0.78452 	187 	51 	1 	239
    3t 	Nebraska 	0.76360 	182 	56 	1 	239
    3t 	Ohio State 	0.77426 	182 	52 	3 	237
    5t 	Miami-Florida 	0.75758 	175 	56 	0 	231
    5t 	Tennessee 	0.74262 	175 	60 	2 	237
    7 	Texas 	0.74468 	174 	59 	2 	235
    8 	Michigan 	0.72863 	169 	62 	3 	234
    9 	Virginia Tech 	0.70851 	166 	68 	1 	235