Which Nfl team do you root for? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Which Nfl team do you root for?

Page 5 of 24 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. New Member
    texaswolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    5
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    301

    Reputation

    Houston Texans. Maybe they can make the playoffs this year!


  2. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    1410

    Reputation

    NE because of Randy Moss (big fan) but my home team is Vikings.
  3. jim623
    Guest
    jim623's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by texaswolf View Post
    Houston Texans. Maybe they can make the playoffs this year!

    Caints and Texans in the Super bowl!!!!
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    I know it's not going to happen, but it would be a lovely thing for the Texans to beat the Titans both times this year. I'm soooo looking forward to the Titans coming on up to Heinz Field for the season opener.
  5. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    836

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    I know it's not going to happen, but it would be a lovely thing for the Texans to beat the Titans both times this year. I'm soooo looking forward to the Titans coming on up to Heinz Field for the season opener.
    You too? I still have the "Towel stomp" etched in my memory. Wonder how much stomping went on as they watched the Super Bowl from their local golf course.
  6. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Fastone...you're into the Steelers and Yankees? Shouldn't you be down with the Pirates or Indians?

    Are you into the Bulls, Duke basketball and Notre Dame football too?
  7. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    836

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Fastone...you're into the Steelers and Yankees? Shouldn't you be down with the Pirates or Indians?

    Are you into the Bulls, Duke basketball and Notre Dame football too?
    You're close, North Carolina Basketball, Nebraska football. I followed the Bulls when MJ was there, I don't follow anyone specifically in the NBA now. I've followed the Yankees since 1961(I grew up in Brooklyn), followed the Steelers since 1973, UNC since 1970 and Nebraska since winning 450 dollars on them when they beat Oaklahoma in 1971.
  8. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    You're close, North Carolina Basketball, Nebraska football. I followed the Bulls when MJ was there, I don't follow anyone specifically in the NBA now. I've followed the Yankees since 1961(I grew up in Brooklyn), followed the Steelers since 1973, UNC since 1970 and Nebraska since winning 450 dollars on them when they beat Oaklahoma in 1971.
    Haha...$450 would make me a fan as well. JW32Hoops....IT IS OK to be a fan of a team not geographically close to you. You do know that right? Does Fastone NEED to like the Pirates instead of the Yankees b/c he's from PA? You like whatever team you like man. You don't have to be a complete Homer all the time lol. I'm in Pittsburgh and I LOVE USC football and UCLA Basketball. Those, other than the 6 time Super Bowl Champion Steelers of course, have been my teams all my life. Explain that one?

    Fastone...The towel stomp is still very fresh in my memory. "Smash and Dash" won't be doing anything once they hit Heinz Field opening day. I like to call them "One and Done" haha.
  9. New Member
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    Reputation

    Giants all the way.

    I was there when they dropped loads on the Stealers last fall! Great game.

    Great field too. Loud as fuk.
  10. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    Haha...$450 would make me a fan as well. JW32Hoops....IT IS OK to be a fan of a team not geographically close to you. You do know that right?
    .
    Well, at least you don't sound annoying.

    I was breaking his balls for being a perceived bandwagoner instead of rooting for his hometown teams. That's why I brought up the Bulls, Duke, Notre Dame, etc.

    Personally, I'm from NJ and I root for the Mets/Giants/Nets.

    I could see rooting for an out-of-area college team because you attended that school, or like my friend who lives in NJ but roots for the Cardinals because his dad is die-hard and raised him that way...so, yeah, I guess to answer your question.....I "do know that".
  11. New Member
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    Reputation

    I'll back up JW there. Since we're from the NYC area, there really is no reason to root for the Stealers, Cowboys or whatever team happens to be hot at the moment.

    GICH!
  12. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Well, at least you don't sound annoying.

    I was breaking his balls for being a perceived bandwagoner instead of rooting for his hometown teams. That's why I brought up the Bulls, Duke, Notre Dame, etc.

    Personally, I'm from NJ and I root for the Mets/Giants/Nets.

    I could see rooting for an out-of-area college team because you attended that school, or like my friend who lives in NJ but roots for the Cardinals because his dad is die-hard and raised him that way...so, yeah, I guess to answer your question.....I "do know that".
    wow..picking up on the sarcasm there

    My apologies, wasn't trying to be a d*ck. I just really do not...in any way...consider the Bulls, and Notre Dame for that matter, teams that people jump on the bandwagon for, at least where I'm from. So I didn't pick up that's what you meant by your post. I post on a ton of sports forums, and as you could imagine, they are swamped with "homers". That kind of sucks, noone can talk intelligently about a sport. Everyone must defend their hometeam at all costs. I can see the Yanks and Duke being bandwagon teams, but not the other two. My bad dude

    Personally, as long as it's not a "bandwagon" thing, I say you can be a fan of whoever you want no matter where you're at. It doesn't matter to me lol. I never went to school in Cali, I've never even been to Cali, yet my love for USC and UCLA is still strong.
  13. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    My apologies, wasn't trying to be a d*ck. I just really do not...in any way...consider the Bulls, and Notre Dame for that matter, teams that people jump on the bandwagon for, at least where I'm from. So I didn't pick up that's what you meant by your post..
    Maybe it's just being a child of the 80's/90's, cuz when I was a kid, it seemed like everyone was into the Cowboys, Yankees, Bulls, Duke Blue Devils and Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

    I can almost understand Duke/UNC/Notre Dame, since they're on TV ALLLL the time.

    All good brah, no worries.
  14. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    I never went to school in Cali, I've never even been to Cali, yet my love for USC and UCLA is still strong.
    That's a weird combo...they're pretty hardcore *****s.

    That'd be like saying "I'm really into Ohio State and Michigan football" or "I'm a huge Yankees and Red Sox fan" or "I mostly root for the Giants and the Eagles"
  15. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Giants all the way.

    I was there when they dropped loads on the Stealers last fall! Great game.

    Great field too. Loud as fuk.
    DL that was a good game. As for the G-Men dropping loads...they should send James Harrison a thank you letter for being such a p*ss poor long snapper lol. That was a fun game to watch. I could have had tickets to the game, but didn't want to shell out $200. I was able to make it to 6 others, plus the playoffs & AFC Championship. So I'm not complaining.

    It's funny you say great field. People HATE that field. I would personally be heart broken if we ever went with anything other than a grass field. It can get bad at times, but it's natural and safe. Grass is where football should be played IMO. And yeah....it can be loud
  16. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    That's a weird combo...they're pretty hardcore *****s.

    That'd be like saying "I'm really into Ohio State and Michigan football" or "I'm a huge Yankees and Red Sox fan" or "I mostly root for the Giants and the Eagles"
    haha...I hear you there. I should clarify though. USC football and UCLA basketball. That might even be more strange lol. I've just loved both since I was a kid.

    When USC plays UCLA at football though that is always a great game. No matter if USC is great that year and UCLA isn't much to talk about, nothing is guaranteed.
  17. New Member
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    Reputation

    Who hates that field? The other team maybe, hostile playing conditions.

    We sat on the 30 yard line like 8 rows up. Got the tickets from a dem for $250.

    "this is some primetime sh1t right here" that was his description of the seats
  18. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Who hates that field? The other team maybe, hostile playing conditions.
    Dude...you've seen how horrendous that surface gets in the rain. Remember that game against Baltimore a year or two back? I didn't think either team was going to score at all....beyond sloppy.

    I think you're talking about liking the Stadium....the field itself is what's dodgy.
  19. New Member
    Droppingloads's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    285

    Reputation

    Yeah I could give a sh1t about the field itself. I'm talking about the stadium.
  20. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Droppingloads View Post
    Yeah I could give a sh1t about the field itself. I'm talking about the stadium.
    oh lol. The field can get rough. But I still like the fact that it's mostly grass. With some chopped up rubber thrown in lol. The stadium is definetely cool though. I like the design. I like how, if you're in the right part of the stadium, you can see out to "the point" (where the 3 rivers connect) and Mt. Washington. It's a cool view. And it can definetely get loud. You should of heard it for the AFC Championship when Troy intercepted that pass and took it back for a TD.....absolutely freaking insane. I've been to plently of games and it has never been louder.

    JW, the Miami game I think two years ago may be what you're talking about. I was there, it was just plain horrible. How they were moving out there is beyond me. Remeber the punt that landed and stuck straight up in the mud lol? So you're right....it can get bad. But on Thursday and Friday they had high school football championships there, Saturday was a Pitt game, then the storms came Saturday night and all day Sunday. It was almost inevitable.
  21. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    JW, the Miami game I think two years ago may be what you're talking about. I was there, it was just plain horrible. How they were moving out there is beyond me. Remeber the punt that landed and stuck straight up in the mud lol?.

    I do remember that punt...you're right, musta been Miami. I remember thinking "between the field being this unplayable and the Dolphins being this godawful, I don't think there'll be a single point scored"
  22. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I do remember that punt...you're right, musta been Miami. I remember thinking "between the field being this unplayable and the Dolphins being this godawful, I don't think there'll be a single point scored"
    If I remember right it was 3-0. Jeff Reed somehow kicked a field goal out of the muck. Hey, a W is a W. We were lucky to make it out of that one. Would of suct losing to Miami, even in those conditions.
  23. New Member
    EVILADAMS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    258

    Reputation

    Colts baby. Going to meet Peyton Manning on Sunday 7/19 in Chicago.
    It's hard to concentrate when I can hear your thoughts.
  24. New Member
    dozer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    92

    Reputation

    Whats our name. . . RAVENS. . . Whats our name. . .RAVENS
  25. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Fastone...you're into the Steelers and Yankees? Shouldn't you be down with the Pirates or Indians?

    Are you into the Bulls, dOOK basketball and Notre Dame football too?
    FIXED it for you JW
    Attached Images Attached Images
  26. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Root (verb and noun) : synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses: "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good root". A very useful word in fairly polite company.
    Root rat : somebody who is constantly looking for sex.
  27. Advanced Member
    johnnyjuice's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    387

    Reputation

    REDSKINS!!! ALL THE WAY!
  28. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,381
    Rep Power
    956429

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Its funny, my 6 year old daughter asked me to change allegiance since we live near the Pa/NJ border. So the house is now Eagles fans.
  29. New Member
    js2sbr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    84

    Reputation

    Texans, still have a little love for the Titans, but grew up a 49ers fan.
  30. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjuice View Post
    REDSKINS!!! ALL THE WAY!
    Congratulations.

    D.Synder has ruined that franchise.
  31. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13067

    Reputation

    I got my early predictions
    AFC EAST
    New England
    Buffalo
    Miami
    NY Jets
    AFC WEST
    San Diego
    Oakland
    Denver
    Kansas City
    AFC NORTH
    Pittsburgh
    Cincinnati
    Baltimore
    Cleveland
    AFC SOUTH
    Indianapolis
    Houston*
    Tennessee*
    Jacksonville
    NFC EAST
    Philadelphia
    NY Giants*
    Dallas
    Washington
    NFC WEST
    Arizona
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    St. Louis
    NFC NORTH
    Green Bay
    Chicago
    Minnesota
    Detroit
    NFC SOUTH
    Atlanta
    Carolina*
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

    WILD CARD (Home team in caps)
    ARIZONA 38-24 Carolina
    ATLANTA 24-20 Giants
    PITTSBURGH 31-21 Houston
    INDIANAPOLIS 27-17 Tennessee
    DIVISIONAL ROUND
    GREEN BAY 35-17 Arizona
    PHILADELPHIA 28-20 Atlanta
    Pittsburgh 23-20 NEW ENGLAND
    SAN DIEGO 41-31 Indianapolis
    CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
    SAN DIEGO 24-14 Pittsburgh
    Green Bay 20-17 PHILADELPHIA
    SUPER BOWL
    San Diego 34-31 Green Bay
  32. New Member
    SIdvicious843's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    66

    Reputation

    Skins baby... All day
  33. Board Supporter
    MaDmaN's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    55
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    20133

    Reputation

    The New England Patroits are loaded,if they stay healthy they will win it all this year.

    I forgot to mention the team of the decade ya that's right Steeler fans.
  34. Davidlee
    Guest
    Davidlee's Avatar

    Peyton may not have marvin ,but he's coming full force this year ,and next year when tebow gets to the pro's you can all watch a real football player in action.
  35. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidlee View Post
    next year when tebow gets to the pro's you can all watch a real football player in action.


  36. Davidlee
    Guest
    Davidlee's Avatar

    ahahahahah
  37. Senior Member
    BurghHardcore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    4506

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    The New England Patroits are loaded,if they stay healthy they will win it all this year.

    I forgot to mention the team of the decade ya that's right Steeler fans.
    Team of the decade means absolutely nothing to me lol. That's "filler" for the sports writers an so on to generate a little buzz in the offseason. After all, it's not you, me, or any other fan in the country that actually decides that nonsense. It's some jerk that writes articles for a living. The business is different now than it was in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. With free agency and the like it's highly possible there will never be another "Team of the Decade". The Patsies had an extrely impressive run the FIRST HALF of the decade....but as well all saw choked (hard) two years ago, and haven't won anything in the 2nd half of the decade. 18-0 doesn't mean anything if you bomb in the championship my friend.

    Having said that, the Patriots (IMO) are on the decline. They will remain very competitive for a few more years, but I don't see any more SB's in the near future. With 2 very good starters on D gone, and Tommy on an unsure knee, I don't see a return of the dominating Patriots they once were. I'm not saying at all that Randy Moss is no longer a dominating force, b/c he is, but he's no spring chicken either.

    Oh yeah.....HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
    Maybe we'll see ya in the playoffs broheim, if you can get past the Bills and the Dolphins
  38. Advanced Member
    Whitesnake's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    707
    Rep Power
    417

    Reputation











    This is the year, bytches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  39. New Member
    jesseb1128's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    86

    Reputation

    Late Reply. But Seattle Seahawks baby! I reside in Phoenix but Still LIVE in Seattle
  40. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5421

    Reputation

    I didn't grow up in the Bay Area, but when I moved here back in '93 I had to make a choice between the Raiders or the 49ers. You only have to be on a BART train with Raider fans once to realize... the Niners are a much classier choice! Plus, the Raiders will never be contenders again until Al Davis is six feet under. Being a Bama fan, I'm happy to see Glen Coffee backing up Frank Gore this season. I'll get out to Candlestick for at least two games this season. They may actually have a shot at the NFC West this year.
    RTR.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Geranium Root
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 08:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 10:54 PM
  3. nettle root+AA> PH
    By MHA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 02:13 AM
  4. Official Jay Cutler message to TEAM CUTLER World Wide: -Team Cutler President & Mngr
    By AlphaAnabolic in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM
  5. dandelion root
    By mitch911 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in