Which Nfl team do you root for?

Page 4 of 39 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Just like my avi, the panthers. Now if the team could just focus Steve Smith's anger towards the opposing team, we might make the playoffs this year.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Alright, you got me....I just don't like the Steelers.
    X2 ha ha
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by rhodesman View Post
    X2 ha ha
    x3

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  4. See post #73



    :bruce3:

  5. Been a 49er fan since I was born, back when it was Joe Montana/Bill Walsh and the whole 80's dynasty crew.
    •   
       


  6. Packers!

    Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Packers!

    Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.
    Same here. The media won't stop bugging the players though. I want to see Brett play again for the Packers or retire.
    SFW and GFH

  8. Chicago bears and the cowboys...only because i went to college and was in the same fraternity as romo

  9. well.. Farve is at the Jets now...
    SFW and GFH

  10. I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

    Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Would you say that Joe Montana's legacy was damaged by his move to Kansas City? He didn't have the media circus that Brett is going through but imo I feel his still formidable ability will only add to his legacy, not in GB however.

    I think the potential trade sucks for Jeff Garcia who has done nothing but win. he's become the Steve Deberg of this era (for those of you old enough to remember).

    :bruce3:
    You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

    Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

    Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
    Never heard of them. Is that an Arena football team. jk

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

    Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
    Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

    How you been bud?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  14. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

    How you been bud?
    Hello there bro ! I'm alive but I'm getting addicted to OT pay at my new job and doing an 8 week training course that's eating up my time at the moment but I'll be back with force in the near future and maybe I'll even annoy some Cowboys and Raider fans this year LOL.

    Your squad makes me jealous ! They'll be 11-5 at worst and my team will be 8-8 at best but realistically end up at about 6-10.

  15. E.A.G.L.E.S.

  16. Steelers fan here. I absolutely loathe all the inane sport's writers claiming Cleveland is the new team to beat in the AFC north. It's been 5 freaking years since they've won a game against the Steelers. How are they the team to beat?

    However, I like watching Dallas' flashy offense and speedy defense play. It helps that I hate the Eagles and like to rub it in when they get spanked by the Cowboys on a regular basis. Then rub more salt in the wound when TO burns the Eagles for 100+ in a game.

    As far as the Brett Farve thing goes, he got shafted. He started talks with Green Bay a month ago. He agreed to compete for the starting job, but GB didn't want him back. I wish him the best of luck in NY with the Jets. I think he gives them a shot to make a .500 season or better. I mean Pennington took them to the playoffs only a few years back. So if he can, Farve can. I don't think this tarnishes his legend at all. Everyone knows Farve is like a kid who loves to play football, and GB didn't want to let him play anymore. So he moved on. It would be ironic if GB ends with a sub .500 record and the Jets a winning record.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

    Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !

    It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
    You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.



    :bruce3:

  19. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
    It definitely takes a great team to dominate that long. They still were among the best even after Montana left the club in 1993. What does help Montana's legacy is that he played real well with the Chiefs for 2 years. Many of the other greats like Unitas, Namath, Starr etc played pretty awful when they left their squad but Montana nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl and they were AFC contenders both years he was there. His comeback against the Broncos is also a classic. He also had a great Play-Off comeback victory against the Steelers in 1993 when the Steelers had possibly the NFL's top defense.

    They made the NFC Championship game in 81,83,84,88-90,92-94, & 97. If you count 1972 then that's 11 times we've been to the NFC title game If Steve Young didn't get injured in 1991 then they probably would have made it against the Redskins. I do think the Redskins would have won because Ricky Watters was injured at that time and our running game was just average while the Redskins had a dominant running game, a good deep passing game, and a sturdy defense.

    Damn, I miss the good old days in the 80's when Metallica and the 49ers ruled the world plus juice was easy to get LOL.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.



    :bruce3:
    That's a great saying because the NFL is a QB oriented league. Very few teams have won the Super Bowl with a below average QB. OTOH, some QB's do get too much credit because they can be a product of the system.

  21. Niners Baby!

  22. its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
    there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol

  23. Quote Originally Posted by avenue Red View Post
    its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
    there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol
    Just like last year right.......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  24. were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by avenue Red View Post
    were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...
    Yeah, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. When they run the table, then i'll believe it, however In the mean time, don't be offended by me saying "It ain't gonna happen"

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What do you eat for breakfast?
    By 200wannabe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 02:05 PM
  2. How do you prepare for your workout??
    By justin00008 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
  3. What do you want for Christmas?
    By bosco in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 07:09 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Log in
Log in