Which Nfl team do you root for?

Page 3 of 24 First 123458 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.85%

Packers!

Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Packers!

Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.
    Same here. The media won't stop bugging the players though. I want to see Brett play again for the Packers or retire.
    SFW and GFH
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.62%

Chicago bears and the cowboys...only because i went to college and was in the same fraternity as romo
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.29%

well.. Farve is at the Jets now...
    SFW and GFH
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%

I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Would you say that Joe Montana's legacy was damaged by his move to Kansas City? He didn't have the media circus that Brett is going through but imo I feel his still formidable ability will only add to his legacy, not in GB however.

I think the potential trade sucks for Jeff Garcia who has done nothing but win. he's become the Steve Deberg of this era (for those of you old enough to remember).

:bruce3:
    You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
    Never heard of them. Is that an Arena football team. jk
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

How you been bud?

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

How you been bud?
    Hello there bro ! I'm alive but I'm getting addicted to OT pay at my new job and doing an 8 week training course that's eating up my time at the moment but I'll be back with force in the near future and maybe I'll even annoy some Cowboys and Raider fans this year LOL.

Your squad makes me jealous ! They'll be 11-5 at worst and my team will be 8-8 at best but realistically end up at about 6-10.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.79%

E.A.G.L.E.S.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.5%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Steelers fan here. I absolutely loathe all the inane sport's writers claiming Cleveland is the new team to beat in the AFC north. It's been 5 freaking years since they've won a game against the Steelers. How are they the team to beat?

However, I like watching Dallas' flashy offense and speedy defense play. It helps that I hate the Eagles and like to rub it in when they get spanked by the Cowboys on a regular basis. Then rub more salt in the wound when TO burns the Eagles for 100+ in a game.

As far as the Brett Farve thing goes, he got shafted. He started talks with Green Bay a month ago. He agreed to compete for the starting job, but GB didn't want him back. I wish him the best of luck in NY with the Jets. I think he gives them a shot to make a .500 season or better. I mean Pennington took them to the playoffs only a few years back. So if he can, Farve can. I don't think this tarnishes his legend at all. Everyone knows Farve is like a kid who loves to play football, and GB didn't want to let him play anymore. So he moved on. It would be ironic if GB ends with a sub .500 record and the Jets a winning record.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !

It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
    You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.

14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    It definitely takes a great team to dominate that long. They still were among the best even after Montana left the club in 1993. What does help Montana's legacy is that he played real well with the Chiefs for 2 years. Many of the other greats like Unitas, Namath, Starr etc played pretty awful when they left their squad but Montana nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl and they were AFC contenders both years he was there. His comeback against the Broncos is also a classic. He also had a great Play-Off comeback victory against the Steelers in 1993 when the Steelers had possibly the NFL's top defense.

They made the NFC Championship game in 81,83,84,88-90,92-94, & 97. If you count 1972 then that's 11 times we've been to the NFC title game If Steve Young didn't get injured in 1991 then they probably would have made it against the Redskins. I do think the Redskins would have won because Ricky Watters was injured at that time and our running game was just average while the Redskins had a dominant running game, a good deep passing game, and a sturdy defense.

Damn, I miss the good old days in the 80's when Metallica and the 49ers ruled the world plus juice was easy to get LOL.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.

That's a great saying because the NFL is a QB oriented league. Very few teams have won the Super Bowl with a below average QB. OTOH, some QB's do get too much credit because they can be a product of the system.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

Niners Baby!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.11%

its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
    there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by avenue Red View Post
    its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
    there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol
    Just like last year right.......

Legendary

19. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.11%

were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

Quote Originally Posted by avenue Red View Post
    were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...
    Yeah, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. When they run the table, then i'll believe it, however In the mean time, don't be offended by me saying "It ain't gonna happen"

Legendary

21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yeah, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. When they run the table, then i'll believe it, however In the mean time, don't be offended by me saying "It ain't gonna happen"
    I agree that having the most talented team means nothing if you can't win in January and February. If they play to their potential then, they should be in Tampa and have a good shot of taking it all.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

its a big if with them. Romo still hasnt won in the playoffs and he has had good teams to do so.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.75%

Super Bowl XLII Champs NEW YORK GIANTS!!!! 11-0 on the road...and one GIANT lose...and they r kicking the **** out of the browns right now...
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I agree that having the most talented team means nothing if you can't win in January and February. If they play to their potential then, they should be in Tampa and have a good shot of taking it all.
    I live here in tampa. I'll be expecting to see my patriots yet again.

Legendary

25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    Super Bowl XLII Champs NEW YORK GIANTS!!!! 11-0 on the road...and one GIANT lose...and they r kicking the **** out of the browns right now...
    It's the pre-season.........

Legendary

26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.33%

Just like last year right.......
    it was fixed i swear......everyone wanted micheal strahan to retire with a superbowl win..and eli looks like my 12 yearold cousin.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.33%

im from pa...love penn state..phillies...don't like steelers..absolutly despise the eagles...andLOVE the COWBOYS
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.4%

[QUOTE=plenny;1498169]im from pa...love penn state..phillies...don't like steelers..absolutly despise the eagles...andLOVE the COWBOYS[/QUOTE

i hope that prelim game isnt what the seasons going to look like.
    the texans are actualy looking decent!!!! wow
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.13%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The Steelers got their asses handed to them. The Cowboys played a competative game, but the Pats outclassed them in the fourth quarter. At least the Cowboys showed up to play.

The Steelers are the NFLs most overrated team and not even close to a top tier. I can't wait to see the Cowboys manhandle them this year when they play week 14.
    ha.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.14%

STEELERS !!! since 94. watched "rod woodson" absolutely tear up the opponents. the 95 superbowl where their old QB just made stupid passes that were intercepted really pissed me off.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

For the last 35 years I have lived and died each Sunday with the Steelers. As I said in other threads, the great thing about sports is that there is always next year, thankfully I don't have to hang my hat on that crap this year cause WE WON

32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    ha.
    Dam Red Dog, did you dig up this thread just to gloat?
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.17%

jacksonville jaguars
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dam Red Dog, did you dig up this thread just to gloat?
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

49ersssss
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.14%

steelers since 1994 rod woodson was one of the most spectacular players IMO. pity the steelers threw away the 1995 superbowl.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30%

Gooo BILLS!!! T.O. is going to be a beast this year.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

R-A-I-D-E-R-S. You don't wanna come to the Blackhole. This years a turnaround year.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! Sanchez is going to be like what Ryan was last year for the Falcons. Franchise qb for years to come.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.96%

I'm from N.C. so I am supposed to be a Panthers fan . But aside from the fact that they suck in general , I believe Fox and Delhomme to be absolute jack@$$es so if aint the PATS it aint s##t !!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Geranium Root
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 10:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 12:54 AM
  3. nettle root+AA> PH
    By MHA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 04:13 AM
  4. Official Jay Cutler message to TEAM CUTLER World Wide: -Team Cutler President & Mngr
    By AlphaAnabolic in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 12:30 PM
  5. dandelion root
    By mitch911 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 06:27 PM