Which Nfl team do you root for?

Page 3 of 24 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    IainDaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    241
    Answers
    0

    Packers!

    Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.

  2. Registered User
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Packers!

    Just hope all this drama, doesn't have a negative impact on a very promising season.
    Same here. The media won't stop bugging the players though. I want to see Brett play again for the Packers or retire.
    SFW and GFH
  3. Registered User
    IRON4LIFE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    374
    Answers
    0

    Chicago bears and the cowboys...only because i went to college and was in the same fraternity as romo
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Answers
    0

    well.. Farve is at the Jets now...
    SFW and GFH
  5. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

    Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
  6. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Would you say that Joe Montana's legacy was damaged by his move to Kansas City? He didn't have the media circus that Brett is going through but imo I feel his still formidable ability will only add to his legacy, not in GB however.

    I think the potential trade sucks for Jeff Garcia who has done nothing but win. he's become the Steve Deberg of this era (for those of you old enough to remember).

    :bruce3:
    You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

    Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !
  7. Registered User
    rhodesman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    300
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

    Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
    Never heard of them. Is that an Arena football team. jk
  8. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I root for the team which had the last dynasty that lasted over ten years in the NFL. This team is the San Francisco 49ers. 49ers 'til I die ! ! !

    Hopefully Alex Smith shows us something and we need Frank Gore to be 100% all year.
    Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

    How you been bud?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  9. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Just when i was about to say....."Where's Iron Warrior in this convo?" lol!

    How you been bud?
    Hello there bro ! I'm alive but I'm getting addicted to OT pay at my new job and doing an 8 week training course that's eating up my time at the moment but I'll be back with force in the near future and maybe I'll even annoy some Cowboys and Raider fans this year LOL.

    Your squad makes me jealous ! They'll be 11-5 at worst and my team will be 8-8 at best but realistically end up at about 6-10.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Marcus ATW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    872
    Answers
    0

    E.A.G.L.E.S.
  11. Registered User
    Nabisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,163
    Answers
    0

    Steelers fan here. I absolutely loathe all the inane sport's writers claiming Cleveland is the new team to beat in the AFC north. It's been 5 freaking years since they've won a game against the Steelers. How are they the team to beat?

    However, I like watching Dallas' flashy offense and speedy defense play. It helps that I hate the Eagles and like to rub it in when they get spanked by the Cowboys on a regular basis. Then rub more salt in the wound when TO burns the Eagles for 100+ in a game.

    As far as the Brett Farve thing goes, he got shafted. He started talks with Green Bay a month ago. He agreed to compete for the starting job, but GB didn't want him back. I wish him the best of luck in NY with the Jets. I think he gives them a shot to make a .500 season or better. I mean Pennington took them to the playoffs only a few years back. So if he can, Farve can. I don't think this tarnishes his legend at all. Everyone knows Farve is like a kid who loves to play football, and GB didn't want to let him play anymore. So he moved on. It would be ironic if GB ends with a sub .500 record and the Jets a winning record.
  12. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    You brought up a great question ! I would say that Joe Montana's legacy should b strengthened because he nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl when his only weapon was an old Marcus Allen. The Chiefs shocked the Oilers (at Houston) in the Play-Offs and many people were expecting an all Texas Super Bowl between Dallas and Houston that year (1993). Let's keep in mind that Montana did his after having suffered an injury that took him out of action for two years.

    Steve DeBerg just got the short end of stick all the time ! I still remember him playing gainst the Dolphins in the Play-Offs with a broken right hand and it looked almost impossible for him to get the snap with that cast on his hand. Damn, I feel old for remembering that LOL !

    It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
  13. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
    You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.



    :bruce3:
  14. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    It doesnt hurt that montana was probably playing with one of the best players in NFL history, not taking anything from montana. The 49ers in those days were probably the best NFL dynasty ever. i think they made the NFC championship game like 9 out of 15 times I will have to look though, but im pretty sure thats correct.
    It definitely takes a great team to dominate that long. They still were among the best even after Montana left the club in 1993. What does help Montana's legacy is that he played real well with the Chiefs for 2 years. Many of the other greats like Unitas, Namath, Starr etc played pretty awful when they left their squad but Montana nearly took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl and they were AFC contenders both years he was there. His comeback against the Broncos is also a classic. He also had a great Play-Off comeback victory against the Steelers in 1993 when the Steelers had possibly the NFL's top defense.

    They made the NFC Championship game in 81,83,84,88-90,92-94, & 97. If you count 1972 then that's 11 times we've been to the NFC title game If Steve Young didn't get injured in 1991 then they probably would have made it against the Redskins. I do think the Redskins would have won because Ricky Watters was injured at that time and our running game was just average while the Redskins had a dominant running game, a good deep passing game, and a sturdy defense.

    Damn, I miss the good old days in the 80's when Metallica and the 49ers ruled the world plus juice was easy to get LOL.
  15. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    You know the old saying "The quarterback gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose" however, there's no discounting the effect that a quarterback with the championship credentials that Montana had and Brett Favre has will have on a teams success rate. Actually I think the Cowboys have been in the championship game more or at least as many in the NFC.



    :bruce3:
    That's a great saying because the NFL is a QB oriented league. Very few teams have won the Super Bowl with a below average QB. OTOH, some QB's do get too much credit because they can be a product of the system.
  16. Registered User
    westcoastfbal's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0

    Niners Baby!
  17. Registered User
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Answers
    0

    its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
    there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol
  18. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by avenue Red View Post
    its always good that people root for their teams. but i think everyone but cowboys fans should just stop this year. cuz were coming and were coming hard. its our year. and we have the new dynasty.
    there wont be any wild card teams sneaking up this year and when we get 15 pro bowlers this year. yes i said it. everyone will know it wasnt a fluke. we are just superior. in every position... besides our DE's lol
    Just like last year right.......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  19. Registered User
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Answers
    0

    were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...
  20. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by avenue Red View Post
    were more experienced and have a better team with adding zach thomas and adam jones with felix jones and mike jenkins as 2 first rounders... 13 pro bowlers and added those 4...
    Yeah, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. When they run the table, then i'll believe it, however In the mean time, don't be offended by me saying "It ain't gonna happen"

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  21. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Yeah, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. When they run the table, then i'll believe it, however In the mean time, don't be offended by me saying "It ain't gonna happen"
    I agree that having the most talented team means nothing if you can't win in January and February. If they play to their potential then, they should be in Tampa and have a good shot of taking it all.
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,349
    Answers
    0

    its a big if with them. Romo still hasnt won in the playoffs and he has had good teams to do so.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  23. Registered User
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Answers
    0

    Super Bowl XLII Champs NEW YORK GIANTS!!!! 11-0 on the road...and one GIANT lose...and they r kicking the **** out of the browns right now...
  24. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I agree that having the most talented team means nothing if you can't win in January and February. If they play to their potential then, they should be in Tampa and have a good shot of taking it all.
    I live here in tampa. I'll be expecting to see my patriots yet again.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  25. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    Super Bowl XLII Champs NEW YORK GIANTS!!!! 11-0 on the road...and one GIANT lose...and they r kicking the **** out of the browns right now...
    It's the pre-season.........

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  26. Registered User
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Just like last year right.......
    it was fixed i swear......everyone wanted micheal strahan to retire with a superbowl win..and eli looks like my 12 yearold cousin.
  27. Registered User
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0

    im from pa...love penn state..phillies...don't like steelers..absolutly despise the eagles...andLOVE the COWBOYS
  28. Registered User
    motive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    743
    Answers
    0

    [QUOTE=plenny;1498169]im from pa...love penn state..phillies...don't like steelers..absolutly despise the eagles...andLOVE the COWBOYS[/QUOTE

    i hope that prelim game isnt what the seasons going to look like.
    the texans are actualy looking decent!!!! wow
  29. Registered User
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    The Steelers got their asses handed to them. The Cowboys played a competative game, but the Pats outclassed them in the fourth quarter. At least the Cowboys showed up to play.

    The Steelers are the NFLs most overrated team and not even close to a top tier. I can't wait to see the Cowboys manhandle them this year when they play week 14.
    ha.
  30. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    STEELERS !!! since 94. watched "rod woodson" absolutely tear up the opponents. the 95 superbowl where their old QB just made stupid passes that were intercepted really pissed me off.
  31. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Answers
    0

    For the last 35 years I have lived and died each Sunday with the Steelers. As I said in other threads, the great thing about sports is that there is always next year, thankfully I don't have to hang my hat on that crap this year cause WE WON

    :bruce3:
  32. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    ha.
    Dam Red Dog, did you dig up this thread just to gloat?
  33. Registered User
    ticco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    649
    Answers
    0

    jacksonville jaguars
  34. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Dam Red Dog, did you dig up this thread just to gloat?
  35. Registered User
    LeeRoi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    85
    Answers
    0

    49ersssss
  36. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    steelers since 1994 rod woodson was one of the most spectacular players IMO. pity the steelers threw away the 1995 superbowl.
  37. Registered User
    flutiebill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    Answers
    0

    Gooo BILLS!!! T.O. is going to be a beast this year.
  38. Registered User
    lalakers24's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0

    R-A-I-D-E-R-S. You don't wanna come to the Blackhole. This years a turnaround year.
  39. Registered User
    yankhater's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0

    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! Sanchez is going to be like what Ryan was last year for the Falcons. Franchise qb for years to come.
  40. Registered User
    sonofsteven's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    259
    Answers
    0

    I'm from N.C. so I am supposed to be a Panthers fan . But aside from the fact that they suck in general , I believe Fox and Delhomme to be absolute jack@$$es so if aint the PATS it aint s##t !!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Geranium Root
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 08:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 10:54 PM
  3. nettle root+AA> PH
    By MHA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 02:13 AM
  4. Official Jay Cutler message to TEAM CUTLER World Wide: -Team Cutler President & Mngr
    By AlphaAnabolic in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM
  5. dandelion root
    By mitch911 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in