1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    We are not responsible for the product description and I'm sure I could point out far more glaring "flaws" in 99% of other products.

Now, as far as body composition, I see no reason why agmatine cannot play an indirect role in affecting it. The stimulating effect on GnRH and GHRH would result in increased LH-> testosterone (which favorably affects muscle acquisition) and would optimize GH, which in GH-insufficient individuals, may aid fat loss. Furthermore, agmatine likely has ergogenic potential by virtue of imidazoline signaling and increased vasoregulatory function, which would allow you to work out harder and longer, thus indirectly affecting body composition through increased capacity for work.
    Boom goes the dynamite.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Coop came to play...

BBB, are you interested in purchasing agmatine or just hunting around the threads?

If interested, I will tell you that I personally thoroughly enjoy agmatine.
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  3. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.74%

I have been using agmatine for quite a while now. I can't say that I've noticed any changes in body comp however. If so they are very minor. I basically use it for it's other potential health benefits. I typically take 750 mg in the morning and another 750 pre-workout. I'm really not sure what dosage is best since the bioavailability has not been established.
    •   

4. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldez5 View Post
    Coop came to play...

BBB, are you interested in purchasing agmatine or just hunting around the threads?

If interested, I will tell you that I personally thoroughly enjoy agmatine.
    What does "enjoy" mean?
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BBB
    I have been using agmatine for quite a while now. I can't say that I've noticed any changes in body comp however. If so they are very minor. I basically use it for it's other potential health benefits. I typically take 750 mg in the morning and another 750 pre-workout. I'm really not sure what dosage is best since the bioavailability has not been established.
    How long?
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.9%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Pretty much what the majority of users that dose it consistently are doing it for, that and the epic pumps.
  7. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.74%

I guessing about 6 months. I really don't seem to get "epic" pumps from agmatine. I usually get a decent pump but I beleive that carbs are necessary for a good pump. I get the best pumps when I workout in the evening. I sometimes use C-Bol pre-workout especially for my morning workouts.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.9%

I guessing about 6 months. I really don't seem to get "epic" pumps from agmatine. I usually get a decent pump but I beleive that carbs are necessary for a good pump. I get the best pumps when I workout in the evening. I sometimes use C-Bol pre-workout especially for my morning workouts.
    Different personal experiences, as with any supplement. As I posted before, I cannot take agmatine on squat/deadlift days as someone who trains for powerlifting, the pump I get is to the point of hindering.

Why I dose it on off days and post-wo for the potential health benefits + fullness throughout the rest of the day.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

There may be some synergy between nitrates and agmatine in an acute setting (nitrates would potentiate imidazoline signaling), so you can try stacking agmatine with C-Bol.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

hey Mr. C...are you in agreement with the dosing of agmatine at 1g per day in the am?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.5%

Recently purchased bulk from NP. Has anyone had good results with that version?
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    hey Mr. C...are you in agreement with the dosing of agmatine at 1g per day in the am?
    Yes, this is my favorite way to use it, dosed 45 minutes before my first meal (or even longer if it doesn't toy with my blood sugar).
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Yes, this is my favorite way to use it, dosed 45 minutes before my first meal (or even longer if it doesn't toy with my blood sugar).
    Thanks man. I am currently dosing about 35 minutes pre w/o, which is quite early in the am. Wasnt sure of there was another scheme you would suggest.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Thanks man. I am currently dosing about 35 minutes pre w/o, which is quite early in the am. Wasnt sure of there was another scheme you would suggest.
    That should be fine if you don't get glycemic issues. Also, I'd space it away from yohimbine by a few hours, if you're using that.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%

That should be fine if you don't get glycemic issues. Also, I'd space it away from yohimbine by a few hours, if you're using that.
    Is that because agmatine has some sort of fat loss blunting effect (Read that on Dr. D's stuff, something about blocking lipolysis) and Yohimbe initiates it? Or is it because of the vasodilation of yohimbe?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Is that because agmatine has some sort of fat loss blunting effect (Read that on Dr. D's stuff, something about blocking lipolysis) and Yohimbe initiates it? Or is it because of the vasodilation of yohimbe?
    Agmatine is an alpha-2 adrenoreceptor agonist, but unlike the CNS effects, the postulated half-life at this site is around 10 minutes. I'd space it away from Yohimbine (a2 antagonist), as brief agonism is actually viewed as one of agmatine's benefits.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%

Agmatine is an alpha-2 adrenoreceptor agonist, but unlike the CNS effects, the postulated half-life at this site is around 10 minutes. I'd space it away from Yohimbine (a2 antagonist), as brief agonism is actually viewed as one of agmatine's benefits.
    Thanks!!
    Yea I read that as well. Just thought it could be related... I spew out stuff just to look smart sometimes....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%

So I'm trackin' that agmatine is derived from arginine being what arginine breaks down into which goes through certain pathways in the body to facilitate NO production, correct? From what I understand (and I could be wrong which is why I'm asking) arginine has been shown to have no effect on the production of NO in orally. So knowing this how could agmatine which is just one more step in the process, make that large of a difference in pumps and vasodilation when taken orally? I only ask because if anyone here is to know it would be you coop! Thanks in advance for whatever answers you can provide!
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542 View Post
    So I'm trackin' that agmatine is derived from arginine being what arginine breaks down into which goes through certain pathways in the body to facilitate NO production, correct? From what I understand (and I could be wrong which is why I'm asking) arginine has been shown to have no effect on the production of NO in orally. So knowing this how could agmatine which is just one more step in the process, make that large of a difference in pumps and vasodilation when taken orally? I only ask because if anyone here is to know it would be you coop! Thanks in advance for whatever answers you can provide!
    Sup Jim,

Agmatine-induced vasodilation has nothing to do with the urea cycle (which is what arginine is involved in, as an NO precursor). Arginine also fails to elicit an NO response due to GI uptake issues and dose-dependency.

Agmatine, on the other hand, does not elicit pumps by boosting the arginine pool. Rather, it takes part in imidazoline signaling and NOS modulation with long-term dosing. In effect, agmatine "bypasses" the arginine problem (both with the heavy required dose of arginine [30+ grams] and with bypassing a conversion by which very little of the arginine is actually metabolized into agmatine).
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%

Sup Jim,

Agmatine-induced vasodilation has nothing to do with the urea cycle (which is what arginine is involved in, as an NO precursor). Arginine also fails to elicit an NO response due to GI uptake issues and dose-dependency.

Agmatine, on the other hand, does not elicit pumps by boosting the arginine pool. Rather, it takes part in imidazoline signaling and NOS modulation with long-term dosing. In effect, agmatine "bypasses" the arginine problem (both with the heavy required dose of arginine [30+ grams] and with bypassing a conversion by which very little of the arginine is actually metabolized into agmatine).
    So basically it comes down to agmatine > arginine due to different pathways in the body which ultimately leads to agmatine actually working. I haven't looked at the studies (which is obvious by my ignorance on the subject) but I trust that you know what you're talking about (because you always seem to) and there is definitely enough evidence on this forum to show that it does what it says it will do. May have to order me a bottle when I move into my housing in a few weeks! Thanks coop!
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542 View Post
    So basically it comes down to agmatine > arginine due to different pathways in the body which ultimately leads to agmatine actually working. I haven't looked at the studies (which is obvious by my ignorance on the subject) but I trust that you know what you're talking about (because you always seem to) and there is definitely enough evidence on this forum to show that it does what it says it will do. May have to order me a bottle when I move into my housing in a few weeks! Thanks coop!
    Heh, almost. Agmatine -> arginine is not the primary MOA. Remember, we're dealing with a different pathway altogether than elevating an NO precursor (arginine). If you wish to see the specific studies I'm referencing, PM me your email address and I'll see if I can send you the full texts where they elucidate the mechanism.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%

PM sent. Thanks in advance!

Similar Forum Threads